#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

Ahh, I knew that must've been what you meant, Couchie. What's not to love about Superstar?? :imgtongue: You know, I have still never seen the Group Two show. I know I have it downloaded somewhere, but haven't ever watched it. I have seen clips of Open Arms though, and I will admit that it's not my favorite thing ever, lol. Then again, I don't love Journey's version either. Hee!!!

I wouldn't exactly call myself a fatalist (I think that let's people off the hook too easily) but I definitely do believe in fate. And I believe that things unfolded for Clay's time on AI exactly as they needed to. Are there somethings I would change if I controlled the universe? Well I could have lived quite nicely without the HTAE lighting, lol. And the zero trio turning Broadway into an insult (only when it refers to Clay, of course) still chaps my ass. But I believe that being the wildcard, and the 'makeover', and coming in second (has anybody ever gotten more mileage out of that than Clay Aiken??) were all driving factors to his early success. And I believe that Clay is a truly smart man. And I don't mean book-smart, I mean smart in that he seems to learn his lessons well. I'm not expressing that well - but I mean he really takes whatever good he can out of things and moves on. He is a master, not only at making lemonade, but at making me fall all over myself to drink it. I'll be eternally grateful to whatever power in the universe it was that is responsible for bringing him into our lives.

This morning, I watched Houston LAA 12 times from 12 different angles. That was one heck of a performance. That song affects me like no other. I had to stop about halfway through and take a breather, it was so intense. goldarngirl and I should probably have Houston, our first SRHP (or DCAT as I prefer to call it) montage series up by the end of this week.

I really appreciate all of the work that you and goldarngirl do to make those montages! They're so fun to watch.

And how serendipitous that I should choose to change my avie and post it for the first time on page 69, huh? And may I also draw your attention to my member number?

Heeee, what great avi! It makes me smirk right along with him.

kareneh, my Band-Aid comment was the Amaretto Freeze talking (r-i-i-i-i-i-i-gt). But, but, but, I think muski's new avi proves that I'm working straight out of Clay's playbook. I'm only following where he leads.

isit6AI2rewind_gerwhisp.gif

And I think this is a very appropriate discussion for page 69 ... or page 70, 71, 72 ......

Regarding this Simon hug ....

Chapter2_1__0001.jpg

it wasn't the only one.

030305_AI2_WCResults_Results_Clay00.jpg

luckiest, I second the applause for the great work you and goldarngirl do with the concert montages. I watched all of JBT/AC this week and it was superb. :clap: I can't wait to see what you guys do with the hottie who stars in the Houston clack! rivet, rivet.

{{{{jumpingjacks}}}}

In honour of the one year anniversary of the photo I hate I bring you these. Just to prove I am a nice person!

119472980-L.jpg

119472995-L.jpg

Now I have to tell you I really like the first one! Hee I typed "really licked" the first time!

And to think - until this year you had never seen Clay live!

And you didn't meet the eHP before this year.

Hmmm. Coincidence? I think not!

The first tour that came around after I "got the message" was JNT06 -- and it never entered my mind to actually travel across the country to see him in concert. Wow, have I been educated by the eHP!!!! Innocent? Nice try, merrieeee, but it's actually the eeeHP .. the educating, enabling, evil Houston Posse.

I was surprised that Frenchy pulled out something other that I Am Telling You and I was impressed by that.

I thought exactly the same thing. Great minds, ha!

And here's another wicked thought - one of the few pop stars who were hugely popular but not conventionally pretty was Barry Manilow. Can anyone name a widely popular unconventional pretty pop star?

It's funny but I never knew Barry Manilow was hugely popular. He was not on my rock n' roll radar screen and I knew of only two songs by Barry Manilow because I heard him sing them on TV ... Mandy, and I Write The Songs (which he didn't write).

In honour of the one year anniversary of the photo I hate I bring you these. Just to prove I am a nice person!

119472980-L.jpg

119472995-L.jpg

Now I have to tell you I really like the first one! Hee I typed "really licked" the first time!

How many times did you really lick it, merrieeee!

Our WFI group started wrapping last weekend at the Charlotte Christmas show. I only put in 17 hours but met so many really nice people. The organizer of our group was there every day, a lot of time considering it is more than 1 1/2 hours from where we live. The show was huge. I only saw 1/3 of it. One woman in a wheelchair loved Clay so much she emptied her wallet into the donation box. A woman from Ireland, who worked with special needs kids there and was only in this country for this show selling her linens and embroidery, went around to various booths asking for donations of merchandise. All in all very heartwarming. :allgood:

Hi FearofH2O!

Wish I could have been there...I'm so glad to hear a little recap! What a coup getting this show is for Pam and all of you; I'm so proud of y'all! And so delighted it came off well!

What happened with the merch the lady from Ireland gathered? Are you going to/did you do some auctions or something?

ETA: I keep meaning, and forgetting, to mention...it amuses me to see that Clay's hair was spiked from pretty much Day 1 of at least Hollywood, if not Atlanta. So I'm not sure exactly what Dean B. was going on about with the "huge makeover" he supposedly did. A little hair lightening, and a little eyebrow tweaking looks like about the extent of it to me...and some clothes advice (which I believe Miles did, not Dean).

She is going to check with Aaron on how to handle this. I have the feeling she is getting more things as the woman said she would be back the next day (Friday) and the show ends today. Pam did work her buns off as usual.

I haven't watched the Hollywood part 2 yet. It's on at eight here. Took my son and his girlfriend around town today. She wanted to go to the original site of Krispie Kreme. Sure brought back memories as this is where Clay went to meet the fans after the IT in Winston-Salem. I was # 148 out of the 150 that they allowed to meet him. He looked so frail walking with Jerome when the pictures were being taken.

kf, that just shows the differences in musical tastes and listening back in the 70's....because Barry was all OVER my radio at that time. I just went to his article in Wikipedia (yeah jmh, sue me for that, my apologies), and it says that he had five albums on the best selling record charts simulatenously at one point. Not many reach that point.

Yeah, I've got some Barry Manilow albums. I loved his live album, specifically his commericial medley.

Don't forget TAR watchers -- show is on in just over 15 minutes! I'll be in the thread!!

So, we're at one year for the UNICEF lighting? That means that we're also at almost one year for the AMA's (and I see bottlecap has that covered *mouths "thank you"*), but that also means....we're almost at the anniversary for this....

tyra_banks.jpg

And this....

TyraCap2.jpg

:hubbahubba:

I LURVE all of the pics from the Snowflake lighting, AMAs, and Tyra. He looked so hawt!!!

I'm pouting 'cuz I won't be able to watch AIR tonight. I'm travelling to south Colorado to conduct computer training there for a couple of days. I'd really rather be home, but I do get paid for a couple of extra days to do this. I'm taking my laptop, and both hotels I'm staying in have wireless internet, so that makes me happy! Hopefully the episode will be available for download soon. See ya all soon, from a different part of Colorado!

Our WFI group started wrapping last weekend at the Charlotte Christmas show. I only put in 17 hours but met so many really nice people. The organizer of our group was there every day, a lot of time considering it is more than 1 1/2 hours from where we live. The show was huge. I only saw 1/3 of it. One woman in a wheelchair loved Clay so much she emptied her wallet into the donation box. A woman from Ireland, who worked with special needs kids there and was only in this country for this show selling her linens and embroidery, went around to various booths asking for donations of merchandise. All in all very heartwarming. :allgood:

Hi FearofH2O!

Wish I could have been there...I'm so glad to hear a little recap! What a coup getting this show is for Pam and all of you; I'm so proud of y'all! And so delighted it came off well!

What happened with the merch the lady from Ireland gathered? Are you going to/did you do some auctions or something?

She is going to check with Aaron on how to handle this. I have the feeling she is getting more things as the woman said she would be back the next day (Friday) and the show ends today. Pam did work her buns off as usual.

Is this Pam H. - as in QueenP at CH?

If so, she was part of our local Greensboro/W-S group before we moved to SC. I love her. She's a sweet gal and I want to smack her sometimes for not seeing herself for the wonderful gal she is!

You worked a lot of hours!

And I can't believe you and Play are both remodeling at the same time!

I LURVE all of the pics from the Snowflake lighting, AMAs, and Tyra. He looked so hawt!!!

I'm pouting 'cuz I won't be able to watch AIR tonight. I'm travelling to south Colorado to conduct computer training there for a couple of days. I'd really rather be home, but I do get paid for a couple of extra days to do this. I'm taking my laptop, and both hotels I'm staying in have wireless internet, so that makes me happy! Hopefully the episode will be available for download soon. See ya all soon, from a different part of Colorado!

It's already available at CV.

Regarding this Simon hug ....

Chapter2_1__0001.jpg

Simon was in that picture?!

:lol:

Ok, so I'm easily amused by one silly advertisement in a frame. We used to look for that stuff specifically, so I'm trained. LOL!

I didn't think Clay was even the slightest bit cute then... didn't give him a second look, but I sure grew to love that little shit and now when I look at those clips I think he's the most darling thing ever -- all bambi-like and beautimous. At the time, I agreed with Simon that he got better looking each week... maybe I was entranced by the singing. Not sure. I just know by the time TLS came around I was voting and rooting for him and I thought he was suddenly adorable -- but I really, really, realllly wanted him to stop the hot-potato mic action. I didn't know I was fully enamored until after the show ended. Hook, line, sinker. The worst kind. LOL!

Heh, I don't know whether to kiss you or kick you, sheiladownunder, because you made me clean my kitchen with a toothbrush today. Every cabinet emptied and washed down and most of the hardly ever used stuff run through the dishwasher just because. Feels soooo good, but man, ick.

Tip: Never wash a part of your kitchen ceiling without being ready to do the whole thing. My arms, my arms!

Never wash a part of your kitchen ceiling without being ready to do the whole thing. My arms, my arms!

Yeah? Well, don't try to clean out the refrigerator while sitting on a chair that's the wrong height. My back, my back! :cry4:

I watched AIR and loved it! Although I didn't feel the Frenchie love that some of you seemed to have...I didn't think she sounded all that, to tell you the truth. And I didn't like the way Kim Locke was butchering SOR, either. And (prepares to run FAST) I didn't think Clay was the best. I wonder if he actually started the song with the "I neeeeeed....your love" or if that's just how the song was edited?

The 'behind the scenes' judges' deliberation was not much different from some of the BS that's been ON the air in recent years, don't you think? I guess the camera brings out the best in the Three Stooges, huh?

I revisited some Classics Medley downloads today...interesting to see how he evolved/devolved the performances as time went on.... :cryingwlaughter:

OMG....unreal.

Chris Daughtry may not have won "American Idol" — but his band, Daughtry, won the breakthrough artist award at the American Music Awards on Sunday. Carrie Underwood, who won the award last year, presented it to the rockers, who thanked God and their wives.

and the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round... <_<:rolleyes:

OMG....unreal.

Chris Daughtry may not have won "American Idol" — but his band, Daughtry, won the breakthrough artist award at the American Music Awards on Sunday. Carrie Underwood, who won the award last year, presented it to the rockers, who thanked God and their wives.

The AMA's were voted on by the fans this year...not sure if that will make you feel any better or not.

Kim

OMG....unreal.

Do we have a puking emoticon?

I try very hard to not be critical of other performers. I do not get the Daughtry love, since I find him arrogant, and to give a award to the band when they were not the ones on the CD somehow does not seem right. But I know his fans love him as much as I love Clay so I cannot complain when they vote for him. We would do the same if Clay was nominated.

We do not get Rewind till 1100p.m. so I am still waiting to see it.

OMG....unreal.

I don;t know why anybody is suprised by that. AMA's always makes a nod towards the most successful Idol of that year. Daughtry is the one that really is making a difference in the industry today from that one season. They did have a good selling CD. They deserve it. Got nothing to do with us Clay fans and Clay.

We gotta just get used that more and more Idols will be succeeding. I think thats great for all the idol alums...

Must have been the day for cleaning! I dusted and vacuumed and cleaned my bathroom but didn't use a toothbrush on anything but my teeth.

Watched AIR. What was all the bru-ha-ha about? I didn't hear Simon say anything so bad about Clay. The one they were picking on was Patrick Forston - or whatever his name was.

And muski - I agree with you about Clay's performance. When he started UM I actually cringed!

And I still don't think he was cute then - although with hindsight I can see adorable things about him.

RE: The AMAs - DAUGHTRY!!!! is huge. They have the sound that's big right now. And the AI machine doesn't hurt. And that's ok. I see no reason why they don't deserve any success they have.

Not my cuppa, but that's ok.

How can I do so much laundry and still have nothing to wear.......

I dunno...I still remember the week Daughtry!!111!!! got the boot. THAT gif was priceless!!!

He just rubs me the wrong way. Has nothing to do with Clay since I never hear Clay on the radio...I guess it's more the "Nickleback" wannabe thing.

Glad to know he and his wife are still together.

I dunno...I still remember the week Daughtry!!111!!! got the boot. THAT gif was priceless!!!

He just rubs me the wrong way. Has nothing to do with Clay since I never hear Clay on the radio...I guess it's more the "Nickleback" wannabe thing.

Glad to know he and his wife are still together.

Yeah...but he is lucky cos the band does the sound well I think that is why they are successful. Its not enough to be a copycat...but you have to be authentic and do it as good or even better than the people you are following. I find it interesting that Kat...tried to copycat the Urban sexy pop princess sound like the PCD or even jojo...but her music was sub par and she was not really authentic in her sound...so it didn't resonate with the people. Chris...this is really the sound he came with. His songs are good and even the arrogance...part and parcel of the Rock image so he is a natural.

I am not really a fan although I like that sound...but I see how many people around me really like him...