#20: Clay is just so frickin' cute! Cute, cute, cute!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."
    • Bring it Aiken! And if it turns out to be a total cheese boat I'm ready to sail with ya'!
    • Circumstances and dynamics spun together into pure electricity
    • Buy Clay Aiken because it's a top of the line brand.

{{{ jumpingjacks}}}

{{{Zena}}} I thought you sounded sad a few pages back. Hope your FIL is OK

Sheiladownunder you CMU!! I have to ask what exactly you were cleaning with toothpicks!!?? :cryingwlaughter:

Liney I have read a little of the " circle the wagons" post but can you tell me about Clays' reaction which you mentioned?

Liney I have read a little of the " circle the wagons" post but can you tell me about Clays' reaction which you mentioned?

I'm not Liney, but after hundreds of pages of fans logging in to the OFC to show their support (many who were making their very first OFC post), Clay blogged two simple words. "Thank you".

I'm feeling a bit "poor me" right now...please scroll at will.

I am in kidney failure...Drs. finally decided to go with a transplant...both sisters were tested as live donors and both were rejected...so now I'm on "the list" and I'm wishing they'd never brought it up....I was doing fine just hanging out taking my meds and getting my check ups...then I got my hopes up that I could actually have a new kidney in the next 6 months. Now...not so.

Oh well...what will be, will be.

Sorry for the whine.

(((Jumpingjack))) so sorry your sisters were rejected...will pray that you get a kidney from the list. Don;t worry about "whining" to us. Its sharing of burden. We are happy to give you a hug and an ear to listen. Take care and keep us posted.

JJ- I will praying for you and I sincerely hope you get the best outcome possible. I hope you get that donor and I hope than you'll be good as new. I think you're a brave girl. I'd probably be complaining everyday on the boards. Love ya, Girl. Hang tight.

Good Morning Everyone,

8 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

34 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

37 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

50 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

61 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

This is my Grandma's recipe for sugar cookies. It makes a lot, but the recipe can be cut in half.

Thanks so much Kim!

Hmmmmm - is this code for 69? BWAH!

isit6AI2rewind_gerwhisp.gif

When I saw this this morning earlier I died laughing...I knew there was something last night when I first watched it...you can see by the mischief on his face :cryingwlaughter: but I didn't "get it" until I saw the .gif. :cryingwlaughter: Little shit!

I'm loving AIR2; there were many, many of these episodes I never saw because of my job at that time. I'm thrilled to have the DL available especially, because of the expanded focus on Clay. Fun!!

((((((zena))))))

I love Birraporetti's and the eHP!

Eh, I think Fox and the AI people got exactly what they wanted with the top 12 - something to extend the unexpected hit that was AI1. Because they really did change it up from the first year (Kelly was really the "fat chick" with an image problem in that group) - but wanted to keep enough of the elements (pretty people singing familiar songs) that made it a hit.

But honestly? For a mainstream pop singer (which AI was going for) - Clay really wasn't it. America as a whole does love a few of it's quirkier stars - but loves the conventionally pretty even more. The top pop acts in 2003 were JT, Christina Aguilera, Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez. Quirky ain't in general widely popular unless it has extreme talent, that's why it's quirky. And corporate powers are notoriously bad at selecting the quirky that America loves. I think (and I could be blowing smoke out of my butt), for true long term American quirky love, the object has to have talent, independence, charm, wit, humor and true uniqueness - and that's some you see over time instead of the hothouse atmosphere of Hollywood week. But they did see the talent and they did eventually put him through. We are still seeing whatever the AI Rewind producers think would be interesting for television - not all of the singers, not all of the deliberations. But from what I could see - in general the talent level had gone way up from AI1. So had the pretty. Clay - I love the boy to death today. And I believe that he is the type many of you have been attracted to all these years - but during AI? Hell, the recaps still doesn't exact bring the cute for me. I frankly love cleaned up Clay. But the charm was coming through in spades. And I just as I see where KLo was beating Somewhere Over the Rainbow to death, Clay was whaling away at Unchained Melody. I was surprised that Frenchy pulled out something other that I Am Telling You and I was impressed by that.

And here's another wicked thought - one of the few pop stars who were hugely popular but not conventionally pretty was Barry Manilow. Can anyone name a widely popular unconventional pretty pop star? But I can name a couple of dozen Teen Beat pin ups. Rock stars are a completely different animal. Clay just happened to clean up way better than Barry.

As for the bad auditions? They really are popular. Really, they are. Frankly, I watched AI for them, because just as it was one of the best seasons for good singing, it was one of the best for bad delusional singers. Just like Clay was fresh, the show was really fresh too. Because I have personally known a lot of really bad singers that you cannot convince them that they are bad. And people weren't clowning as much to get on camera. Of course, then AI had to run the bad auditions into the ground.

The bad auditions are probably the biggest reason I don't like AI; I just don't find public humilation entertaining and I find them pretty uncomfortable. The judges seem to enjoy them much too much and that just turns me off. So, I won't be watching next week's show.

Kim

Since I assume Clay's still going to be narrating, I'll be watching. Some of the bad auditions make me laugh, but from the preview they showed, we've already seen most of these in the audition rounds anyways.

I loved last night's show, so many little unexpected glimpses of Clay. I found myself trying to always look at the background of any shot to see if I could find him. I almost want to watch certain scenes in slow motion. :cryingwlaughter: Yes, I am obsessed.

This morning, I watched Houston LAA 12 times from 12 different angles. That was one heck of a performance. That song affects me like no other. I had to stop about halfway through and take a breather, it was so intense. goldarngirl and I should probably have Houston, our first SRHP (or DCAT as I prefer to call it) montage series up by the end of this week.

One week tomorrow until the next tour starts! I can hardly believe it is already here. I can't wait. :xmas07a:

We are still seeing whatever the AI Rewind producers think would be interesting for television - not all of the singers, not all of the deliberations.

Exactly. Don't forget the judges saw waaaaaaaay more of the singers than what is shown. Frankly I had forgotten that Patrick Fortson had those bad moments. I remember thinking he was really good and due competition for Ruben in the large soul singer role. I don't think there is any doubt that this crop of contestants threw the judges and producer's a curve they didn't expect ... vocal talent over image. I think they went with it because it was soooo obvious but I think they've tried to avoid it since.

Anywhoo....I can't remember, who did they bring back to replace Frenchie? She didn't make it to the group rounds at all as I recall.

---

I know many people who only watch for the bad auditions. Especially young people. Eh.

I hate the bad auditions. I don't watch AI but Fox will show a few when they cover the show. They make me feel sad that all those people are laughing at them. I guess that's just me.

No, it really isn't "just you." I don't like the bad auditions either, because it does feel to me that people are laughing at them. However, I also totally agree with KAndre that the bad auditions seem to be what much of America LOVES about AI, as witnessed by the ratings. Besides....I sometimes feel a twinge of regret that I was one of the now-devoted who totally missed "Take," because of my reasons.

In any event, I'll still watch next week, but I'll have the mute button ready at a moment's notice. I'm sure Clay will still be narrating, and for me, that does count for something.

One other thing I'm remembering, and I'm not sure if it was something Clay said or something that a fanfic writer made up. Was Keith very near Clay in line on the streets of Atlanta? If I'm remembering this correctly, we may get Clay's take on Keith, which could be very interesting. If I'm not remembering this correctly...well, that fanfic writer did a damn good job.

Now it's time to watch my download....

Oh yeah, word to jamar too.

Top of page 69? Does that count for anything?

KAndre - I agree with every word you said - even about the bad auditions. And yes, AI has run them into the ground, but I don't feel sorry for any of the contestants who is shown during them. Some are truly delusional about their talent but many, many, many more go to those auditions planning to be as bad and outrageous and possible so they will get in front of the judges and get on TV. At this point I don't feel bad about the "public humiliation" because every single person who shows up for the auditions knows how the show is run. There are no surprises, no blind-siding. Those shown during the bad auditions get what they asked for, IMO.

Clay was young and innocent then. But I think the innocence starting leaving him almost from the day AI ended and his new life began. He had his first taste of bad reviews with MOAM. The gay stuff was out there in the early interviews. I believe there was even tabloid stuff early on. He learned quickly that he was an employee and his boss, like most bosses, generally gets his way. I think by the time the crap came along he was far more realistic about the good and the bad about being a "celebrity". I don't think Clive's alleged mandate (and boy, do I HATE that word - a word that I think conjures up images of something that didn't happen and a word I would bet Clay regrets ever using that ONE time) hurt him nor destroyed his innocence. I think whatever actually went down during the time preceding ATDW did not shatter his innocence (and yes, I know Clive was the one who wanted him to do covers but no I don't think he was forced and threatened into it while Raleigh and Durham were being being held hostage and no I don't believe there is any "lost album" of kick-ass rock songs that would have propelled him to the top of the charts, tons of radio play and Grammys out the wazoo). I think he saw it for exactly what it was - a business negotiation with his boss getting the final say.

I think post-AI was of course an exciting whirlwind for him, but to have continued on that pace would have killed him. Like everyone else in the world, time and experience has changed him. But man, I think that boy is still on one hell of an exciting ride - and I think he knows it!

Hi! Life is moving way too fast for me at the moment so I have little time to read never mind post. My older son and his girlfriend are here from Oregon for Thanksgiving. Although I don't have a cooktop in my kitchen, the plumber and electrician made me a temporary sink, dishwasher and oven, My husband made temporary countertops, so it's almost like having a real kitchen. I ordered a turkey, so keeping my fingers crossed. We should be done remodeling sometime in December.

wandacleo, I was so sorry to hear about your mom.

jumpingjacks, here is hoping you get a good resolution to your health problems.

karen Eh!, a belated birthday wish to you. :bday:

Our WFI group started wrapping last weekend at the Charlotte Christmas show. I only put in 17 hours but met so many really nice people. The organizer of our group was there every day, a lot of time considering it is more than 1 1/2 hours from where we live. The show was huge. I only saw 1/3 of it. One woman in a wheelchair loved Clay so much she emptied her wallet into the donation box. A woman from Ireland, who worked with special needs kids there and was only in this country for this show selling her linens and embroidery, went around to various booths asking for donations of merchandise. All in all very heartwarming. :allgood:

Here's hoping we all have a stress free Thanksgiving.

When you yourself are a bit unconventional, can you recognize the unconventional in others, or do they just seem normal?

The one thing I do not like about Clay's AI hair was the product, I never like much product in my own hair, so I never liked it much in others.

People are rarely completely ugly, they all have some redeeming feature. I think that Craggle had a good chin, don't know what that means, but his behavior made him look ugly.

Bad auditions are just annoying. I know some people enjoy them, I don't. If I want to hear bad singing, I just have to take a shower. I don't find them so humiliating, but just boring and annoying - they are generally so unoriginal. I would have felt sorry for Keith, except he is enough of a famewhore to come back for the interviews instead of being embarassed. A lot of people in the bad auditions are fake, so they want to be made fun of, you can find them posting on just about any AI board. It is just so... fake.

Clay said he sat on the street next to Keith and that Keith really thought he could sing and did - often.

They replaced Frenchie with Juanita. Remember the chillrrun?

ETA - Clay usedthe word mandate twice. Once in filming Tyra and once somewhere else, I can't remember where. Still, itis just a word.

Our WFI group started wrapping last weekend at the Charlotte Christmas show. I only put in 17 hours but met so many really nice people. The organizer of our group was there every day, a lot of time considering it is more than 1 1/2 hours from where we live. The show was huge. I only saw 1/3 of it. One woman in a wheelchair loved Clay so much she emptied her wallet into the donation box. A woman from Ireland, who worked with special needs kids there and was only in this country for this show selling her linens and embroidery, went around to various booths asking for donations of merchandise. All in all very heartwarming. :allgood:

Hi FearofH2O!

Wish I could have been there...I'm so glad to hear a little recap! What a coup getting this show is for Pam and all of you; I'm so proud of y'all! And so delighted it came off well!

What happened with the merch the lady from Ireland gathered? Are you going to/did you do some auctions or something?

ETA: I keep meaning, and forgetting, to mention...it amuses me to see that Clay's hair was spiked from pretty much Day 1 of at least Hollywood, if not Atlanta. So I'm not sure exactly what Dean B. was going on about with the "huge makeover" he supposedly did. A little hair lightening, and a little eyebrow tweaking looks like about the extent of it to me...and some clothes advice (which I believe Miles did, not Dean).

Duh, I keep forgetting this positive fan mention. Please click on the link to give them hits if you like the story.

Fan group prepares for 'Idol' star's local show

SOUTH BEND--Gerry Fults unravels a long white banner as Jeanoma Babcock secures the other end.

She finds the edge nearly halfway across Lula's Café exposing the large black capital letters: "CLAY: WE CAME FOR THE VOICE WE STAYED FOR THE MAN"

"We made this for the Merrillville concert last year," Fults explains.

It's been nearly four years since the object of their affection, Clay Aiken, was runner-up on the Fox singing competition "American Idol," but for these self-confessed fanatics, the fervor hasn't waned.

Fults, of Elkhart, and Babcock, of Michigan City, are proud members of the local Clay Aiken Fan Group, an organization of about 20 women ages 18 to 69 who invade Lula's the third Monday of each month to discuss all things Clay.

The gathering started through Meetup.com, a Web site that encourages special interest groups to form in communities all over the world. Although no one can quite remember who started the initial post, this group of "Claymates" (the name given to Aiken's female fan base) recently celebrated its third anniversary.

"He's the type of guy I'd like to meet," Jessica Grossman of Warsaw says. "He's just a really nice guy."

There's been a lot of Clay news to talk about lately.

Aiken makes his Broadway debut Jan. 18 in "Monty Python's Spamalot," shortly after his first tour stop Nov. 28 at South Bend's Morris Performing Arts Center.

So what does the group think of Aiken performing so close to home?

"Holy smokes!" Fults says. "We knew our letters would pay off!"

The group found out in June and has been preparing ever since. It secured the Morris Bistro, selling 100 tickets for a pre-party, and organized an auction with the proceeds going to the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, a charity founded by the pop singer to aid special-needs children.

Spend any time with these women clad in Clay Aiken collectible pins and concert T-shirts and it becomes clear they are much more than a mere fan base. They have found a message in the music, and they're here to spread the word.

"Of course we all love the voice, but it's more than that," Deb Custer of Elkhart says. "He's a star who uses his stardom to make a difference in the lives of so many people."

So they have followed suit.

Each year on Aiken's birthday (Nov. 30), the group sends gift baskets to children in hospitals in his hometown of Raleigh, N.C. This year, they anticipate sending about 520 baskets.

"We were going to deliver them in person this year," Babcock says, "but Clay's going to be here."

The group has gift-wrapped presents for Aiken's charity and has even self-published two cookbooks. So far, the cookbooks, titled "Aiken to Cook," have earned $6,000 for the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

"We've even marked recipe's that are 'Clay Safe,' " Fults says. "He has a lot of allergies, so there's nothing in them that he's allergic to."

When they're not heeding Aiken's philanthropic mission, they seem to follow his every move.

Of the women gathered at Lula's, Michelle Ranschaert of South Bend is almost embarrassed that she's "only seen" Aiken in concert eight times.

Elizabeth D'Haese of Elkhart has seen the most Aiken concerts in this group -- 20.

"I used to see those girls screaming for The Beatles, and I just didn't get it," D'Haese says. "Now I understand."

Although they often talk about Aiken as if they know him, most of the women have never met him personally.

"If there's a place to get an organized line after a concert, his body guard Jerome will line everyone up and he'll come out and shake your hand and say thank you," Fults says. "I've gotten to shake his hand three times."

Fults pulls out one of her scrapbooks devoted to Aiken. It's filled with clippings, photos and even minute details about the artist.

So is there anything about Aiken these fans don't know?

"We don't know his favorite color," Fults says. "That's one he won't tell us. I think it's blue because his kitchen is blue."

When asked about how their families react to all this Clayness, the ladies just chuckle.

"People think we're crazy," Fults says.

Babcock leans in and says, "We are a little bit."

"Yeah," Fults concedes, "but there's not a better bunch of people than Clay fans."

Staff Writer Jeremy D. Bonfiglio:

jbonfiglio@sbtinfo.com

574) 235-6244

Sheiladownunder you CMU!! I have to ask what exactly you were cleaning with toothpicks!!?? :cryingwlaughter:

My stove with all the little dials and the light switches so you can read OFF and ON on them. I just got new flooring laid in my kitchen and it looks great but all of a sudden everything in there looked filthy. My stove is over 30 years old and I should buy a new one but I'd rather go see Spamalot. :P Piorities.

It's interesting to watch AIR with a different perspective. This time around, I'm not enjoying Kim's singing as much as I did the first time. Seems she muscles through the songs. I really liked Trenyce's performance and she looks good in yellow. I wonder if they always planned on bringing Clay back as a wildcard, the underdog, so to speak, as they didn't show much of him at all. It seems like I remember a story from early on that someone from AI called, want to say Debra Byrd, and was telling her to be sure and tune in for this guy's voice, meaning Clay's, so I think they always planned this style versus substance showdown.

Well I'm not going to argue the judges' reasoning on group 2 because I thought Clay was subpar. He was third, maybe even fourth so I wonder if I would have even been outraged at the time if he wasn't brought back for wildcard. We hadn't really seen much of him up to that point. Now my theory on why 10 went to 12. If you look at the 8 that went through via the groups IMO they realized OH SHIT where are my PYTs. Where are the gorgous girls that will bring in the guys. Where are the gorgeous guys that will have the audience drooling. So they expanded the number to give them a chance to have a say. Kimberly and Carmen gave you the PYT factor. Treynce comes with the glamour quotient. They had no say over Clay. Wonder what would have happend had he not won the people's vote.

Ansa I don't think they knew because they were saying top 10 right through the groups if I'm not mistaken although maybe that was done to suprise the contestants later.

Loved your whole post KANDRE. I'ts hard to put myself back to 2003 and remember how I felt then because I am colored by love for the boy NOW..have seen every change, every improvement, every leap of talent, every surprise and I honestly never would have imagine the guy who walked into Atlanta and saying he was the american idol doing everything that he has done. Also, I also agree that the unique talent/personality is something that is much better suited to the competiton over the long haul than the hollywood round. It's not surprising that the producers couldn't anticipate it.

I liked the bad auditions in season 2. Most of those people want TV time. They know what they are doing. There are a few delusional people but frankly how on earth did they get through life thinking they could sing. Keith's parents need to be slapped LOL.

I think the person who talked about him losing his innocense in 2006 was talking about the tabloids. And I think that was a bit different than some of the earlier tabloid stuff he had to deal with. Frankly I don't think he obsessed as much as his fans, but I'm sure it had some impact thus the taking back of his life. Of course I know nothing!! LOL

ETA: SDU I agree about the different perspective. During the initial run Frenchie's personality really won me over so much that I thought she was the star of Band of Gold. But listening again, it was Kim. Trenyce was always fabulous to me..she just had great days and she had horrible days, rarely anything in between LOL. Kim had a horrible first week in the top 12 and was fighting to regain her audience after that thus all those bottom three placements until she hit her stride. I just loved AI2! hee

Well I'm not going to argue the judges' reasoning on group 2 because I thought Clay was subpar.

What group 2? Are you talking about the next part of the show? Cuz I'm not sure what was subpar about anything we've seen so far. Unchained Melody? Superstar? His 'broadway' melody to the prefab lyrics? I thought he shone in each and every one of those. *shrug*

The reason I don't watch AI today is because of the judges. They moved from original and sometimes-funny, to cruel and crass (or stoned and irrelevant in the case of Pauler). (My opinion only, of course). But then I see the '2007' interviews of some of the really bad ones, and they still seem to think they can sing. WTF? LOLOL!

The Group 2 question- Why were the 3 people who ended up in the top 3 in the same group, while weaker singers were in the other groups. Who seeded these groups- they had to be seeded deliberately to get the people they wanted in the top 12. Now they have the sing off for the top 24 and that has stopped that type of questioning. (actually much worse was that woman who so manyliked that was dropped by the judges (figuratively)before the wildcard sing off in season 3 aloing with several other people.

I guess I put Clay in the top two in group 2 because I autpomatically turn off to Over the rainbow, I just hate that it is used in sooooo many singing copmpetitions. It is just a very ignorable song. Group 2 had Clay sing first and get praised by the judges and t hen a bunch of bad singing and then Kim and Ruben who both were praised as the only people to bring something to the contest. Not that I watched the show originally, just on download from Nuerox.

If my computer was not all tied up in knots today, I would check, but didn't Clay have 88 and flip the number at Charlotte? - the man is repeating himself!! Maybe that is why he struggles to make each show different for us and can't do the same schtik each time like most performers.

Yup..he did that flip in charlotte audition...more as a way to break the ice I think. But the 6 and 9 would really be a dilemma...love that GIF...love his little smirk.

KAndre - I agree with every word you said - even about the bad auditions. And yes, AI has run them into the ground, but I don't feel sorry for any of the contestants who is shown during them. Some are truly delusional about their talent but many, many, many more go to those auditions planning to be as bad and outrageous and possible so they will get in front of the judges and get on TV. At this point I don't feel bad about the "public humiliation" because every single person who shows up for the auditions knows how the show is run. There are no surprises, no blind-siding. Those shown during the bad auditions get what they asked for, IMO.

Season 2, I started watching because of Simon and the bad auditions. I couldn't believe how delusional some people were because I thought they all saw the judges. When I read later on that even the bad auditioners had to "pass" through several levels of producers...then I got pissed cos I thought these people's hopes were raised just so that they can be humiliated on air by the judges. HOWEVER...By season 4, I wasn't sorry for these people at all. By this time everyone of those going to auditions knows how the show is and that they are taking the risk of getting humiliated. Lots of them go for precisely that reason.I am finding this part still interesting in the regular season because its fun to figure out who will end up going all the way. I also still enjoy seeing the lengths some people will go through for some TV exposure.

Clay was young and innocent then. But I think the innocence starting leaving him almost from the day AI ended and his new life began. He had his first taste of bad reviews with MOAM. The gay stuff was out there in the early interviews. I believe there was even tabloid stuff early on. He learned quickly that he was an employee and his boss, like most bosses, generally gets his way. I think by the time the crap came along he was far more realistic about the good and the bad about being a "celebrity". I don't think Clive's alleged mandate (and boy, do I HATE that word - a word that I think conjures up images of something that didn't happen and a word I would bet Clay regrets ever using that ONE time) hurt him nor destroyed his innocence. I think whatever actually went down during the time preceding ATDW did not shatter his innocence (and yes, I know Clive was the one who wanted him to do covers but no I don't think he was forced and threatened into it while Raleigh and Durham were being being held hostage and no I don't believe there is any "lost album" of kick-ass rock songs that would have propelled him to the top of the charts, tons of radio play and Grammys out the wazoo). I think he saw it for exactly what it was - a business negotiation with his boss getting the final say.

oh I will go further. Clay may be inexperienced when it came to this competition...but I don't think he was very innocent in the ways of the world of showbiz. Already early on he knew he had to fix up his image for the auditions that is why he asked some friends to help him with his look. He was always very aware that they won't see him as the pop idol material. He was also very savvy in his behavior in Hollywood week. He knew enough not to get involved in any controversies and that he needed to work hard. So I do not think he would be surprised to be in the maybe group. Finally, week after week, he learned to curb his naturally sarcastic tongue and checked his temper and never got into any argument with the judges. He always met their criticism with humor or at one time he showed some confusion...but the Clay that faced the judges was not the usual Clay that his friends and we now know. So I really don;t see Clay as this innocent country boy that was getting taken advantage of...and that was broken hearted cos he didn't get what he wants. He was very pragmatic, realistic and savvy from the very beginning

I do agree with you about this past year. I think the tabloid mess with JP may have had a bit more impact but I don't think he necessarily got hardened by the ATDW experience.

Cindilu...I do think Couchie meant the group 2 in the semi finals. I also had him at third place that group and wouldn't have been upset if Candice had a better showing. I really loved the tone of her voice.

Couchie...I got the impression that Simon knew something already about addition of 2 people or that the judges just kept quiet about it. I remember Nigel already talked about the top 12 to the press before Simon made the surprise announcement. I remember there were people wondering if this is the surprise he meant. I do think the fact that there was a lack of PYTs made it essential that they get wildcard people that were not on the top 32.

People are rarely completely ugly, they all have some redeeming feature. I think that Craggle had a good chin, don't know what that means, but his behavior made him look ugly.

Hee. As I was watching yesterday, I noticed he had nice eye. Yes, singular. The dude has eyes that look like they are two different sizes.

:blink:

This is my Grandma's recipe for sugar cookies. It makes a lot, but the recipe can be cut in half.

Thanks so much Kim!

Hmmmmm - is this code for 69? BWAH!

isit6AI2rewind_gerwhisp.gif

When I saw this this morning earlier I died laughing...I knew there was something last night when I first watched it...you can see by the mischief on his face :cryingwlaughter: but I didn't "get it" until I saw the .gif. :cryingwlaughter: Little shit!

I'm loving AIR2; there were many, many of these episodes I never saw because of my job at that time. I'm thrilled to have the DL available especially, because of the expanded focus on Clay. Fun!!

((((((zena))))))

THIS gif had to be on page 69!!!

Thanks from me also Kim!!

:hugs-1: to all!!

And how serendipitous that I should choose to change my avie and post it for the first time on page 69, huh? And may I also draw your attention to my member number?

eh? :whistling-1:

ETA: Actually, I was going to post this screen cap from Clay's camera kiss on AIRewind, but then this 69 gif showed up and I was toast! :cryingwlaughter:

AI2Rewind_07_Hollywood_Part1007_-1_.jpg

Well I'm not going to argue the judges' reasoning on group 2 because I thought Clay was subpar.

What group 2?. Are you talking about the next part of the show? Cuz I'm not sure what was subpar about anything we've seen so far. Unchained Melody? Superstar? His 'broadway' melody to the prefab lyrics? I thought he shone in each and every one of those. *shrug*

The reason I don't watch AI today is because of the judges. They moved from original and sometimes-funny, to cruel and crass (or stoned and irrelevant in the case of Pauler). (My opinion only, of course). But then I see the '2007' interviews of some of the really bad ones, and they still seem to think they can sing. WTF? LOLOL!

Yep I thought when Randy changed his role to be more like Simon it was too much. And I think it was more the manipulation that made me quit watching. I was so innocent as I watched season 2. But for them to tell me they pulled Carrie off the farm while I'm looking at her professional website with gigs all over, and Constantine and his band broke up while they are preparing to release singles - well it was just too much for me and I quit smack dab in the middle of season 4. Cold turkey but this is who I do things that I'm tired of. I can still understand why it draws so many. If you're not in the know it's a really good show. My mom absolutely loves this show and is already looking forward to the next sesaon.

As for group 2..I'm talking about Clay's group 2 with Ruben, Candice, Kim etc. I didn't like Open Arms and the moment I heard it I was worried for Clay. If we go back in time - we did not see Clay much in Hollywood. So really, we had his short audition and open arms. There are some people on Idol that sing good that don't make it to hollywood or the top 32. The judges knew what he was capable of so despite the fact that they debated whether to bring him to Hollywood they did...and they brought him back for the wildcard after not getting put through initially. And, then they praised him to high heavens during wildcard round. At any step in this process Clay could have disappeared and if we get that guy from Heros to wipe from our mind free of everything after Open Arms, Clay would have been a mere footnote in American Idol history and I don't think there would be a lot of websites devoted to that guy that sang Always and forever. Yeah I still go..damn Chip Days should have been top 12 every now and then but other than that don't give him any thought. LOL. I guess I'm expressing just pure joy that through all of these steps along the way Clay did not fall between the cracks liek Quiana. I am damn sure everybody associated with Idol is thrilled about that as well.

Craggle had good hair. LOL. Still need bleach for that mesh black shirt.