#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

My children loved the muppets. My middle child use to carry a cookie monster stuff animanl around all the time. When my oldest child was a teenager he told me he was a deprived child when he was a pre-schooler. At the time we had a black and white tv. He told me he did not know the color of all the major charectors. I came back that he would not of known even with a color tv. He is very color blind and would not even know what he was looking at.

Hee, this CMSU. My son is what is known as colour deficient. He can see red and yellow (and, of course, orange) but cannot distinguish many blues or greens or God forbid blends like purple or brown.

Two of my children are color blind. They only tell the street light signals by position, they have a problem when there is a 4th light added. When my middle child was in high school in biology class he had to look under the microscope and answer questions. He came home from school and had a paper all marked wrong, He normally was a good student. I asked him what was wrong. He could not decifer what he was looking at. I told him I would talk to the teacher, but he wanted to handle it. The teacher was very understanding and even gave a lecture to the class on genetics and color blindness.

Hey Everyone! Sorry I haven't been here. No good excuses. Just life. But I thought I'd check in on this most important day, and saw my friends posting. I miss you all, so thought I'd post and tell you so.

I guess I stand by my principles. If I wouldn't attend the concert because of where it is being held, it just feels hypocritical to download clack from it.

Claygasm, I never let principles get between me and my Clay. For instance, if I were in an elevator with Clay and he said, "Wanna come up to my room with me and play "Find Waldo"?", I wouldn't let the fact that I've been happily married (and completely faithful) for close to 25 years get in the way." LOL! Yeah, in my dreams.

But I totally understand where you're coming from.

I'm taking my son to his piano lesson during the concert tonight, so I'll have to check in later.

Hugs to you all!

Scarlett - :F_05BL17blowkiss: See you in Kalamazoo! Maybe we should figure out a pre or post concert meeting spot for FCAers?

Yes, please! :lilredani:

me too!?! :PickMe-1:

:partytime2:

Wow, there's so many of us!!! How about an after-party? Please post suggestions, your hotel locations and preferences in the tour thread - Kalamazoo...

(Who's got that LynninNJ "Party-All-Night" picture from Sterling Heights? We need to <insert> that here!!!)

:04: MichiganDCATParty.jpg:Pogo0:

me too. I am coming late to this but add me too. Kalamazoo is my only concert.

Hey Everyone! Sorry I haven't been here. No good excuses. Just life. But I thought I'd check in on this most important day, and saw my friends posting. I miss you all, so thought I'd post and tell you so.

I guess I stand by my principles. If I wouldn't attend the concert because of where it is being held, it just feels hypocritical to download clack from it.

Claygasm, I never let principles get between me and my Clay. For instance, if I were in an elevator with Clay and he said, "Wanna come up to my room with me and play "Find Waldo"?", I wouldn't let the fact that I've been happily married (and completely faithful) for close to 25 years get in the way." LOL! Yeah, in my dreams.

But I totally understand where you're coming from.

I'm taking my son to his piano lesson during the concert tonight, so I'll have to check in later.

Hugs to you all!

Well, Totally, there are principles, and then there are principles! I'm not insane after all!

Well, at least not completely!

Good to see you, by the way! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't really understand the comments about the venue. Jesse was on that stage and welcomed along with the rest of the performers. Seems like a major deal to me and a good thing.

I for one am not getting into it again. Suffice it to say the only reason Jesse would probably be welcomed into that congregation would be so they could show him the "error of his ways" and try to "convert" him - and I don't mean his religion.

And that's not the only tenant of this church I find disgusting.

But its done. Its over. I still have a problem with Clay funneling money into that place, but its not my choice to make.

You really don't have to quite understand other people's feelings. Differences are what makes the world goes around and around. Sometimes accepting that is half the battle.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the vox. I got a call from Bookwhore, Jamar and Gibby..teeny, my brain is mush recap of what they said is in the Witchita thread. It goes something like this though... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Fans swarm to Aiken's holiday show

BY ICESS FERNANDEZ

<h4 class="creditline">Wichita Eagle</h4> What could make 42-year-old Jacki Koah fly from Portland, Ore., to Wichita with no family or friends around for miles?

Clay Aiken, of course.

"I wanted to do the first two shows but in the summer I did nine shows," she said with a twinkle in her eye. "I've done four meet-and-greets and he knows me by name. I'm Jacki from Oregon."

The proof of her acquaintance with Aiken is on her left shoulder.

"He signed my shoulder and I had it tattooed," she said. "The man can sing the telephone book to me and I would be happy."

Koah and her daughter attended the packed Aiken concert Monday night at Central Christian Church on Rock Road.

The holiday concert included songs from the singer's Christmas CD.

Fans lined up in anticipation of the show, most of them women -- Aiken's traditional fan base.

Nancy Roseen flew from Rhode Island to Wichita to see the first of seven shows she's purchased tickets for. She also won a chance, through a fan site, to meet Aiken personally. Monday she held a teddy bear with his signature.

"Oh my God, he's just as nice as he can be," she said. "We really adore him. Just can't get enough."

Aiken's fans are known as Claymates but Roseen doesn't like the name.

"I'm an avid Clay fan, not a Claymate," she said. "I just don't care for it."

Monday night members of the Wichita Symphony Orchestra played lightly in the background as people found their seats. Suddenly the lights dimmed and the entire auditorium was black, except for lights from the musicians onstage. The orchestra stopped playing and the crowd fell silent. A door could be heard closing as footsteps came closer to the stage. Aiken, dressed in a black suit with a long jacket and sporting his mop-top hair, stepped onstage.

The crowd cheered as he started to sing. His first song was a melody that included the songs "Rejoice", "Away in a Manger" and "Silent Night."

"It's good to be here," Aiken said to the crowd.

"We like to include the community as much as we can because the holidays are about being together," he said of the orchestra,. He only rehearsed with them on Monday afternoon. "We are so appreciative to them for coming this afternoon to look at the sheet music for the first time."

Four holiday stories written by Wichitans were chosen to be read at the concert. The stories were accompanied by the orchestra. They were meant to be inspirational and to get the audience into the Christmas spirit.

"I think you'll be moved by the stories you'll hear tonight," Aiken said. "This entire concert is a Christmas card from you to you."

Paige Mousley, 18, was excited about what surprises were in store. She and her mother have seen Aiken perform in other cities and they were anxious to see how he would do in Wichita.

"He puts on a really good show," she said.

Joyce Thomas, 60, agreed.

"Anytime he's singing anywhere within reason, I'm there," she said.

That blog. :DoClay::cryingwlaughter::naughtywag: :lmaosmiley-1:

Dang, I lust for love that man. As I posted on CH, that blog reminds me that

"I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up."

heh. :whistling-1:

And dayum. How could anybody sit in a church, watch that man in those pictures sing to them and not have those "lust in my heart" (and more external body parts) feelings? Holy Holy Holy, indeed!

:hubbahubba::Thud:

I can go to bed now....with visions of Clay's sugar..plums in my dreams....