#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

To everyone traveling to the shows, be safe and have a wonderful wonderful time.

ETA....I just noticed at the bottom of the board under 'Forthcoming Calendar Events within the next 5 days,' it says there are none...I

Speaking of meeting fellow FCAers - how many are going to the preparty? I won't be able to go, because Reiki4Clay and I are driving from Colorado, and we'll get there just a little while before the concert. I'd love to get together with a few people afterwards to discuss the concert! Who else would like to join in? I'll have my laptop along, so we can post here afterwards if we go somewhere that has wifi, or from the hotel where I'm staying.

One of these days we'll be a real board. :cryingwlaughter: I see the calendar section is set. hee.

But I do hope for the various concerts that people will have a chance to get together. But a designated spot, restaurant, bar before or after the party can get set up before folks leave town and maybe someone willing to be point person by sharing their cell phone number. I just noticed in Vegas that making up things more on the fly, people get missed. d I was just telling bookwhore I'll think about my concerts next month but am going to those threads now to try to start firming up things.

I know every other board has had everything firmed up since August. LOL.

And I hope my partners don't mind me doing this but lord stuff will never get done waiting on me. FCA MAIN and FCAMedia (audio) is also looking to assemble a small team of people to help out. It doesn't have to be this time consuming thing and you're not on any sort of schedule. And look, you don't even have to be some web genius. We need:

1. someone willing to add the latest Clay articles to the front page. If you can post on a forum you can do this. We have a front end component to FCA that makes adding articles very similar to just writing on a forum.

2. Perhaps two people willing to help out in the Clay on the web section. Not asking a lot of time here..maybe minimum of 30 minutes a week to take a section, check links to make sure they are still active. If not, delete them. If a site looks like it has been abandoned yet still have good CLay info, move it ot archives, and of couse search for new links and respond to emails from people wanting their site added or information changed. We would also love to add more descriptive information about each website.

3. maybe just take time to look over the site and offer fresh ideas for yourself or others.

4. For the media site.. maybe someone willing to help us with descriptions..would involve listening to clack e.g. interview clack and in general help whip it into shape.

That's what I can think of at the moment. Ansa, Lucky, LdyJ, Cha Cha, and Cindilu are the team in one area or another and probably over the next couple of weeks will try to reorganize ourselves. Like I said a committment could be as little as 30 minutes a week to whatever..because something is better than nothing. So I know it's busy Clay time coming but and life time but there are no deadlines here. And sorry to the team for not talking to them first before posting this. We look to go into organizational mode/through email soon and if you're only going to be able to spare free time after the new year don't let that stop you.

See what you started Laughn?

PM me if you are interested or have quetions.

But I hope all who are going have a great time! Wonder if the readers and the M&Gers will get their emails before the show starts....

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: maybe it's some sinister plan..don't allow people time to get nervous.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

One week till the DC concert!!! I was in DC yesterday and took a couple pictures of the Warner.

Sorry - they are cell phones pix, my battery went dead on the camera!

warner2.jpg

warner1.jpg

and I scoped out the restaurant sitch......... and I have the following important message!!

IMPORTANT!!!

PLEASE GO TO THE DC CONCERT THREAD AND TELL ME IF YOU WANT TO GET TOGETHER FOR DINNER

~~OR~~

(IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE CH PARTY!!! )

I am trying to decide on making a reservation up the street one block and how many to make it for!

I would really appreciate some input...... AND.......

Maybe we could get together a representin' list from FCA???

(sorry to jump in so late on all this but I have been swamped lately....)

Couchie - I'll be willing to work on the Clay on the Web section when I get a breather!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

One week till the DC concert!!! I was in DC yesterday and took a couple pictures of the Warner.

Sorry - they are cell phones pix, my battery went dead on the camera!

warner2.jpg

Hee! It looks like Clay is there looking out the window!

I love all you chatty folk....

Got my books this morning for the book drive -- a box set of the Ramona the Pest books (beloved from my childhood). I'm giving it to someone at the St. Louis show who will then deliver it to Kalamazoo for me. Question: am I supposed to put a card with it that has my name with the books? Or will just a note do? Or will a verbal stating of my name do?

Damn, my M&G email didn't come through. Damn. Damn. Damn.

For those traveling today and tomorrow -- travel safe! It's actually snowing right here right now....it's pretty, but I wish it wasn't snowing. (That reminds me, I need to check the weather for St. Louis on Tuesday....) And for those going to the first show -- pull out all the stops for giving the man a warm welcome! I'm going to not listen tomorrow night, because I want to be surprised for my show.

Loving all the articles from today. He's such a good multitasker, and the doctor's visit cracks me up. (Probably a lesson learned after the first Christmas tour in 2004....)

Got my books this morning for the book drive -- a box set of the Ramona the Pest books (beloved from my childhood). I'm giving it to someone at the St. Louis show who will then deliver it to Kalamazoo for me. Question: am I supposed to put a card with it that has my name with the books? Or will just a note do? Or will a verbal stating of my name do?

I understand that rohdy will have lists that will be attached to a birthday card for Clay that the donors can write their first name, screen name, and city on. If your book transporter has that info, you should be fine.

Off to catch up. How far out have the M&G's gone? [Please don't say Kalamazoo, because that'll mean my little hope has gone up in smoke...]

Wheeee, glad to know that the m&g emails finally went out. Hope somone at FCA gets lucky! Nada for me, but I still have two shows later in the tour.

Awwww, crap!! .....but keeping my fingers crossed for the next two!

ETA: I'm still working on my son's 1000 or so pictures from his SE Asia trip...hoping to get them finished and burned to a DVD slideshow for him before I head that way for Christmas (on Dec 2).

There are some gorgeous pics once they're turned/lightened/sharpened/filled :cryingwlaughter:

From happyclayday on CV:

clayperfect just called me from work. A friend of hers going to Wichita for the concert was on a flight today and sat with Angela. She said Angela is very excited. Angela told her that Clay is happy and excited and she also said to bring plenty of kleenex - they will be needed for these stories.

:wub::dancingpickle:

:hugs-1: to Gibby and all the rest whose "little hope" has "gone up in smoke".

Next time I hope!

It's snowing here on the south side of Chicago...don't expect much accumulation, but it looks pretty coming down!

Kim

I just looked at the weather forecast for Minneapolis for next month - brrrrrrrr. :freezing:

uh HELLO?!!! I know there are people going to Minneapolis. GET THEE TO THE THREAD so we can get a head count.

This is the one place there should be no problem in planning something as we'll be there 2 days.

ETA: You guys getting your computers ready are good. Yesterday my c drive spit out a low disc space warning. I do have about 50 GB left on my F drive but still need to do some rearranging but ooops ran out of time

Couchie.... I think I can tackle this one if my computer agrees....

4. For the media site.. maybe someone willing to help us with descriptions..would involve listening to clack e.g. interview clack and in general help whip it into shape.

Just over 24 hours from now, it will all be starting again... EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I have asked for an external hard drive for Christmas... hope my computer can hold up until then. I will have to be very selective in my downloads until after the tour... HARD... hehe!

I just looked at the weather forecast for Minneapolis for next month - brrrrrrrr. :freezing:

Where are you finding a forecast out that far? The only sites I can find only will go out about a week. I'd like to see how it's looking for my drive from Buffalo to Williamsport and Erie...not that I want to scare myself to death! :cryingwlaughter:

From CV:

Talking to KSChristian4Clay and she iand Puddinsjoy are in Wichita. She was just at the church and someone dropped off Clay, Jerome and Mary. Clay was wearing jeans, a primary color striped shirt and his bucket hat. Meesa said he looked really skinny.

He's there!!

We have a sighting!

QUOTE(Marilyn @ Nov 25 2007, 04:16 PM)

Talking to KSChristian4Clay and she iand Puddinsjoy are in Wichita. She was just at the church and someone dropped off Clay, Jerome and Mary. Clay was wearing jeans, a primary color striped shirt and his bucket hat. Meesa said he looked really skinny.

Wheeeeeeee!! So the kibosh is in for any must-live-in-the-state rumours for M&G's this time around. Two very sweet Canadian gals (from the Toronto group) won for Kalamazoo. AWESOME!!!

Nothing for me, but I too have two more chances.

So, cleaning my apartment and doing laundry today somehow morphed into, hey, I wonder if I can make a snow-globe in PSP? LOL - one of the very first things I tried to do whilst learning was a globe, and it weren't pretty *g*. Thanks to KarenEh's lurvely photo, I think this one turned out better!

Animation6.gif

w/o the snow :cryingwlaughter:

snowglobe07-1.png

I like to make sure everything is working.

Oh, we know you do, Mr. Aiken. You let us check out the equipment rather often when you're on stage, too. :hubbahubba:

so......Clay's in Kansas, eh? Hey, GIbby! Give Reiki a hug for me! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good luck to all hoping their story gets selected or their M&G button wins them an audience with Mr. Hawtness.

Oooh, cindilu2, those are gorgeous! I love snowglobes. Even if I hate the white stuff, for real. :cryingwlaughter:

WOO HOO for the Claynadians representin' at the M&G's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That just makes me so happy. And Clay is in Wichita already? Awesome! Can't wait for tomorrow night at 8:30 Eastern. :clap: :xmas07a: :XmasRed:

WOW....I see there are a couple of disappointed people at CV who were contacted to clarify/test their stories, but have not heard back about actually reading them for sure. THAT would be tough....I'm not sure it's over with for sure for them, but if it doesn't happen it's very disappointing.

Poor Clay~he's between a rock and hard place again! Poor let-down peeps!