#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

OMG - I just listened to the MDYK with the snaps - mmmmmmmmmmmmm

and I remembered when it first came out I had it on a CD all by itself and played it over and over ad infinitum on my commute!!

JJ - another thing you can do is.........

relocate your mp3's wherever you want

then...

go to itunes and delete them from your library

then.....

reimport them from the new location by dragging and dropping

I keep mine in the My Music\itunes\itunes music folder

Hope this helps!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I saw the SYTYCD show last month - it was really cool!! I know Couchie will have a great time!

Hey! Popping in from Ashland, Oregon! Cute little artsy fartsy town. Alex liked it but agreed that she'd most likely go stir crazy after a couple of years. She's a big city girl at heart, I think. But it was a beautiful drive and fun anyway. We'll head back home tomorrow with a couple of stops around Sacramento to look over a couple of campuses. I really do see her going to a school in a more metropolitan area, though. (Like Boston or NYC or CHicago) We'll see.

Free internet here in our cheapo but very clean and spacious EconoLodge room! King bed with a rollaway for the young 'un. Free internet. Free continental breakfast with Belgian Waffles. Half the price of most of the other places I looked into. That's all right in my book! :clap:

Weather is cool and crisp...views are gorgeous...air is clean. And my stomach is STILL full from Thanksgiving dinner!

Oh, yeah, keepingfaith! Watergate Salad is one of MamaMuski's favorites! I grew up with it in the house often...

Now--back to my book. It's riveting (heh)! I can't stand not reading it....later, friends! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hi all,

Just back from Wrapping; was not as busy as we thought, but a good evening nevertheless; we actually made more money from people stopping to ask about the Foundation and then making a donation. So we didn't wrap much, but talked up the Foundation quite a bit.

And a story just for Muski; an older gentleman was walking by and said he bought a telescope for his wife and would we like to wrap it...we said sure, not knowing if he was serious or not (turns out not), but then he stopped to chat and told us he was going to buy a BB gun to shoot all the dang squirrels that were invading his garden and attic. Not a very Merry Christmas story, but he was quite a character and gave us a chuckle!

Kim

Just back from Wrapping; was not as busy as we thought, but a good evening nevertheless; we actually made more money from people stopping to ask about the Foundation and then making a donation. So we didn't wrap much, but talked up the Foundation quite a bit.

My first wrap is tomorrow morning Kim - then every Saturday am until Christmas! Hope we do well! Once wrapping's over, I can think about a certain singer guy who's going to rock my world Monday in Wichita! Woohoo! Tour opener - my first ever! Before that, I'm playing hostess-with-the-leastest *g* at the pre-party. Yikes! What a lot of work but I think we're actually going to pull it off - our very own Wichita pin *fingers crossed that my FCA pin arrives in time* and more raffles and auctions than you can imagine - all to the benefit of TBAF. The generosity of Clay fans always leave me schmoopie - so many great donations. If anyone ever decides to put one of these on and needs items, don't hesitate to ask - Clay it forward and all that jazz *g*

Sorry I haven't been around more - thanks so much for the good thoughts when I lost my dad a few weeks back - don't know what I'd do without my Clay friends helping to hold me up when I needed them - I appreciate each and every one of you!

Will see some of you in Wichita - and a few more in Omaha! Let the Celebration in the true Heartland begin! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, I have some suggestions from my sister-in-law about the concert in Morristown. If anyone wants to get together for a dinner, let me know. The information is here

Hmm, sometimes I think I sould replace my rather large old paperweight of a desk computer, but I could just use my newer laptop, heh. Sorry, can't deal with a touch pad. To hard to correct bad spelling

Clay is on-line ans supposedly looking at members profiles. Someone at the Ch suggested he is matching the profiles against the "list".

Sorry I haven't been around more - thanks so much for the good thoughts when I lost my dad a few weeks back - don't know what I'd do without my Clay friends helping to hold me up when I needed them - I appreciate each and every one of you!

Will see some of you in Wichita - and a few more in Omaha! Let the Celebration in the true Heartland begin! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So sorry about your Dad, Puddins. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I'm so looking forward to the Wichita concert! Hopefully I'll get to meet you.

Hmm, sometimes I think I sould replace my rather large old paperweight of a desk computer, but I could just use my newer laptop, heh. Sorry, can't deal with a touch pad. To hard to correct bad spelling

Play, you can use a mouse with a laptop - totally!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well hello everyone! I have had no internet access for over 24 hours and it has been driving me CRAZY!!! I thought I had some major problem but I think it was good ol' Comcast (again).

This morning we left the house at 5:30 to go to the Galleria which is the really swanky mall in Houston. We got a front parking space and no-one was there! It was a lot of fun watching the crazies that showed up later. Now I didn't buy much because some of the stuff there is waaaay too expensive. I told my DH that he really didn't want or need the $795 sweater in Neiman Marcus!

I actually had nothing I needed to buy which made it all the more fun. We do this every year. It starts the Xmas season for us. I am allowed to listen to Xmas music now when I'm in the car with them! If anyone has XM radio channel 107 plays the funniest most irreligious music there could possible be about Christmas! It is not for the faint hearted.

I cant believe that I will soon be heading to Chicago to see Clay! 5 Days eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I can't believe the m&g emails haven't gone out yet. I hope someone is working at Clique this weekend! Otherwise I hope everyone headed for Wichita has internet access somewhere along the way.......

2 more days! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Good Morning All,

Puddin I bet you will be a great hostess! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I am so excited for all of you going to the first show and just a little jealous...I bet it will be glorious to hear him singing in church!

2 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

28 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

31 Days until The Skating Show Airs!

44 Days until The BAF Golf Outing!

55 Days until Clay is on Broadway!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, PuddinsJoy. :elephanthugs:

Scarlett - :F_05BL17blowkiss: See you in Kalamazoo! Maybe we should figure out a pre or post concert meeting spot for FCAers?

Yes, please! :lilredani:

me too!?! :PickMe-1:

:partytime2:

Wow, there's so many of us!!! How about an after-party? Please post suggestions, your hotel locations and preferences in the tour thread - Kalamazoo...

(Who's got that LynninNJ "Party-All-Night" picture from Sterling Heights? We need to <insert> that here!!!)

:04: MichiganDCATParty.jpg:Pogo0:

Thanks a bunch, bottle!!! MUAH!

I'm gone 2 days and it took me an hour to catch up... LOL I think I gained weight from reading all the dinner descriptions and recipes!

I have GOT to get my computer fixed so I can get out of only being able to use FastReply... I miss being able to quote and use emoticons, dang it!

My organic pumpkin pie turned out awesome! Organic condensed milk is like pudding and I looked at it and thought it would never work, but it was far richer than my regular pumpkin pie!

I cannot wait till Monday... one great thing about living on the left coast is that we get the cellcert really early and then sometimes get clack before bedtime. This is really nice, since it's a work night!

Went to see Lars and the Real Girl yesterday... feel good movie, by the way. The people were so kind!

Today is my brother's b'day and I forgot to get him a card... oh, well, he has NEVER gotten me one, so being late will just be ok... LOL

Clay's schedule is freakin' unbelieveable... the man's not going to be able to take a breath until May 5th! I am sending him Rieki everyday for good health and stamina! He's gonna need it! Love him soooo much!!!

Well, we woke up this morning to find a flat tire. <_< and then we had to call our local tire store back home to find out how the heck we can get the danged spare tire loose from its moorings under the car. :rolleyes: Hubby's out there now on his back feeling around for...

... :mellow:

hmmmmm B)

Talk to y'all later... :imgtongue:

Hey All!!

Going downtown (DC) today and will try and scope out a restaurant for us to meet in before the DC show. I will post the info in the DC CITH thread!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

liney - you can do quotes by just surrounding the word QUOTE with [ ] at the beginning and /QUOTE at the end surrounded by brackets too! the emoticons have codes too!! like : ) (with no space) for :)

HTH!

Am I the only one getting panicky about Spamalot? :yow: The Broadway strike is really not looking good, according to my homepage this morning. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I know that it affects a whole lot of people, and I feel badly for them. But I am a selfish beyotch. I want this for Clay, damnit. I WANT IT! Settle this, people! :rant:

Definitely not the only one! Hee, I have a 16 year old who is going to be pissed beyond belief if our Spamalot trip doesn't happen. And like you say, I want this for Clay...REALLY REALLY badly. It's such a perfect role, and I think he will just shine in it. The strike NEEDS to end soon.

Do you have a link for an up-to-date article on the strike? Last I heard was when the negotiations broke down last weekend. Should be put this in an off-topic thread, for those who are interested in following the progress (or lack thereof)?

Am I the only one getting panicky about Spamalot? :yow: The Broadway strike is really not looking good, according to my homepage this morning. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I know that it affects a whole lot of people, and I feel badly for them. But I am a selfish beyotch. I want this for Clay, damnit. I WANT IT! Settle this, people! :rant:

Yeeks, our power was just off for about an hour. This time, I had the brains to unplug everything before it came back on. Last time....well, let's just say I have a new computer now.

Definitely not the only one worried about Spamalot! OTOH, I'm just a worrier...but this is so perfect for Clay, and the timing and everything (hopefully) for CD release...keeping everything crossed!!

I SO want to combine a Gala and Spamalot in NYC.

Couchie, can't wait to hear what you thought about the dance show. I loved it. Seeing Danny Tidwell any time is good. Where was it, at the Paramount?

Okay, I'm a rare poster here these days- but there's gonna be a FCA pre-party in DC? LEt me know where chach. I'm going to the other one, I guess, but I'd love to see you guys, too. and HEY! If you're in town the night before, DivaHubby is doing his famous poached salmon in sour cream sauce and "gluhwein"- which is not wine with glue, but wine that makes you glow! It's the brandy in it. Great German streetfest beverage on a cold winter's day. We'll have live music ,too - Celtic harp and flute and some piano, provided by me and fantastic harpist friend.

Clay makes me glow, too BTW. Guess my story didn't get picked. Oh, well, is there a story thread here where I can share it with you guys?

Many hugs to all. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: I'm lovin' the thread title here, cuz I ADORE Miss Kendra. She is the cutest, wittiest little thing.

I just got taken to task elsewhere by someone in PM for proclaiming my love for her because she says the hated term "Claymate"! I mean , get over it! was my response- who cares? She's just a kid, and aren't there far worse things to get worked up over?

Thanks, couch. It's a slow morning , so , I'll post my story here. I know it's not gonna be chosen, but I'm glad I was inspired and motivated by Clay to write something. I sent it in when they were asking for "no more than 300 words."

A Christmas Gift

My Dad came from Germany, a fugitive from the Holocaust. His mother was Jewish, his father, Christian. So we celebrated Christmas “German” style with a live tree and gold beeswax candles from Germany that didn’t drip. We would lose ourselves in the soft, magical glow emanating from them. The tree truly looked like a star-filled sky. We opened our gifts on Christmas Eve while listening to records by “The Trapp Family” and another one called “Songs of Christmas from Around the World.”

The part that really got to us all was when we listened to the sounds of the “Pummerin” on the “World” record. The “Pummerin” (“ the Old Boomer”, in English] was a gigantic bell (about 50,000 pounds) in one of Vienna’s most magnificent churches, the Cathedral of Saint Stephen. My Dad spent part of his childhood there, with his mother, as she was a famed touring opera singer. During the holidays, he and other thrilled children were allowed to ascend the ancient, medieval steeple and pull and swing on the ropes that rang this huge and sonorous bell. It was always one of his fondest memories. As we would listen to that track on the record, tears would well up in his eyes, every single time.

We were so moved, because we loved him so much. As an adult, my feelings are mixed. His fondest memory of Christmas took place in a world that later told him that he wasn’t even fit to exist. Yet, Christmas, for him, still remained, a time of magic, hope and renewal as we looked at the “constellation of stars” resting in the tree. This was his gift to us.

I shall always love the warm, comforting sound of that bell, though, my eyes can still fill up with tears of joy and sadness- just as his did.

Diva, I feel like if you let people steal or taint your memories, they win. Your Father preserved his happy memories and would not let others steal them, so I think he won.

FYI. The other day, I was at the Ruben thread on IDF and they posted world wide estimate figures for Ruben, so I went to the site and clicked on 2006 to date and saw that they estimated that ATDW sold 653600 to date world wide. It is nice to know that Clay is selling overseas with little publicity. I think he has about 519K in the US alone and at least 50K in Canada since it has gone gold there.

Is there Anyone who can check the Korean or Japanese sites? I can't load the fonts and wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway.

Divayenta, that's a beautiful story. So many of our holiday memories are about special seasonal sounds and tastes and aromas, aren't they?

Scouting Report: After suffering through a version of "Christmas Waltz" in the grocery store that was soooooo sllllloooooowwwww I thought it was never going to end, I duly checked out Target for CDs. The special Christmas CD display was very well stocked with MCWLs, and it was featured on one of the sample buttons. It announces "CLAY AIKEN" and plays snippets of three songs. And it's really, really loud. I could hear it all the way through the hardware section and well into cleaning supplies. I might have pushed the button two times because it was so good to hear.

:XmasRed: