#24: Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Who needs caffeine when we've got Clay Aiken?!
    • Regardless of how you figure it, Clay is indeed our Million Dollar Man and I'm his cheap ho.
    • MUST.HAVE.CLACK.OF.THE.MAN.IN.BLACK!!!!!!!!
    • That is a whole lot of pretty. Physically and vocally.
    • It never does wane because Mr. Clay Aiken continues to fascinate, delight, transform and bring it. He is one beautiful man.
    • The man can make me laugh and sah-woon at the same time.
    • He was "chatty and witty" until you get all up in his kool-aid...
    • Heeeee - I love it! A massive brain and big balls.
    • Clay Aiken goes for the Full Monty
    • Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.
    • TONIGHT'S THE KNIGHT! Knock 'em not-quite dead!

I wish he would have just TEXTED it, ya know?

BWAH!

*sniff*...I can't wait until it's my turn to see him in this show!!!!

Me either! Exactly 3 months from Friday. And I wasn't checking last minute airfares on my lunch hour. Really. *sniff*

It's real, isn't it? Clay's gonna be on BROADWAY!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG - are these pics real???

Idol Starts Big, Not Bigger

When we tell you American Idol's premiere was smaller than last year's, just know we mean smaller as in slightly less gigantic.

Hence, the much-anticipated Ruben Studdard-Clay Aiken showdown begat then-record numbers for season three, the Carrie Underwood-Bo Bice sing-off begat then-record numbers for season five, and the star-spawning season five, featuring Chris Daughtry, Bucky Covington, Kellie Pickler, finalist Katharine McPhee and winner Taylor Hicks, begat record numbers for season six.

I havne't clicked on the page six link, so I have no idea what their "blurb' is, but why do we assume the pic was 'given' to them? Aren't they low enough to have stolen it from somewhere?

Anyways, I don't really care about that side of things. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the publicity photos. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for new interviews! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE because IT'S STARTING!!!!!!

Sorry, I didn't mean anything about the source but they did have a nice blurb about him, which kind of shocked me. I'm interested in the music business, good and bad. Clay and his management ( I'm guessing) have done a fantastic job of image control recently. And the Spamalot people are doing great job with the publicity as well.

I'm a happy fan. :lilredani:

Sorry, I didn't mean anything about the source but they did have a nice blurb about him, which kind of shocked me. I'm interested in the music business, good and bad. Clay and his management ( I'm guessing) have done a fantastic job of image control recently. And the Spamalot people are doing great job with the publicity as well.

I'm also thinking that with heavyweights like Nichols on your team, there might be a desire to stay away from the crappola even if you are crappola. The man is an icon.

Then again, this picture of Aiken in costume as the Round Table Knight in the merry musical spoof of the Aurthurian legend is bound to bring a more dubious nickname ... Chicken choker. David Hyde Pierce, who originated the role, was snapped simply holding a feathered bird.

Oh. Bwah. :cryingwlaughter:

This made me immediately think of a chapter from my "Good Buddies" when the character of Clay talks about his adolescent...er...pasttime and all the different names for it...

I DO believe that "Chokin' the Chicken" was one of them.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter::naughtywag: :lmaosmiley-1:

AND! I wouldn't be a BIT surprised to find out that it was CLAY who suggested using the rubber chicken and holding it by the neck instead of doing the David Hyde-Pierce pose! I BETCHA!

BWAH!

Hee ...no worries, it is an interesting question. I think when shows do publicity...they want to use all the popular outlet. I also bet they simply sent a press release with the pictures and they don;t have the control on who decides to pick it up.

at this point publicity is good.

For those wondering what KAndre's and muski's posts are talking about....

New York Daily News

Clay Aiken is Birdway Bound

Clay Aiken is Birdway bound

Wednesday, January 16th 2008, 3:43 PM

Pop singer, how-to author and controversial Kelly Ripa mouth muffler, Clay Aiken now goes by another title - Broadway hatchling. He debuts Friday night as Sir Robin in "Monty Python's Spamalot."

Then again, this picture of Aiken in costume as the Round Table Knight in the merry musical spoof of the Aurthurian legend is bound to bring a more dubious nickname ... Chicken choker. David Hyde Pierce, who originated the role, was snapped simply holding a feathered bird.

In Friday's Daily News, North Carolina-born crooner and "American Idol" alum tells why "Spamalot" was the musical he wanted to do, even if Sir Robin doesn’t do all that much singing.

Joe Dziemianowicz

Heh.

I'm pretty sure if Clay was worried about any 'chicken' reference (choking, or otherwise) he wouldn't have taken this on. That's one 'nickname' I can live and laugh with. Heck, I'd even be willing to participate in it. :imgtongue:

Ok, it was not a good idea to be sipping hot tea while reading this page of recent posts!

I was so tickled over the chicken choking part of that article that I overlooked this:

In Friday's Daily News, North Carolina-born crooner and "American Idol" alum tells why "Spamalot" was the musical he wanted to do, even if Sir Robin doesn’t do all that much singing.

Do you mean....a newspaper is actually going to print something relevant to the subject matter? :huh:

Rooster_fighter.gif Are you guys looking for a fight?

Heh Clay is like a newborn chick on broadway. chic.gif

So why did he get a rubber chicken?

Well, Clay IS the biggest cock of the walk, you know. :whistling-1:

re: why rubber chicken? see my post on previous page...I think it's just CLAY! :lmaosmiley-1:

And now there is an article on Braodway.com withthe chicken picture.

Photo Preview: Clay Aiken in 'Spamalot'

Recording-artist and "American Idol" runner-up, Clay Aiken will make his Broadway debut as Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot on Friday, January 18 through May 4, 2008 at the Shubert Theatre (225 West 44th Street).

BWAH - I looked up all mentions of Clay and it looks like we missed one

Break a leg to Clay Aiken as he prepares to join the Broadway company of Spamalot. Actually, I hear that putting new actors into Spamalot is quite easy. They just push them on stage and tell them to just repeat everything the audience yells out.

What? Cindlu hasn't made a new banner with Sir Robin Yet? LOL!

Loving the pictures of him as Sir Robin! And work is totally over-rated, I am never going to be able to keep up!

Kim

Gosh! How come we've never noticed how cute he is before?

Eyes were too low.

wando... :cryingwlaughter: And, why would your mind leap to that conclusion??? :cryingwlaughter:

I'm off to the hospital in a minute.. very cute firemen/paramedics just left with mom. I guess I need to get used to the fact that this might be life as I know it.

{{{{{couchie and mama}}}}}

DH just got the diabetes diagnosis yesterday. I have to learn to cook all over again. I've been kind of trying to cook more healthy meals, as I have elevated cholesterol and triglycerides. This just makes it even more difficult. The man LOVES him some pasta, so he's a tad - er - miffed.

He's pretty good at dealing, though. So he won't make if my responsibility. I just hate it for him, cuz he loves to eat!

Cotton... try Spagetti Squash with the usual spagetti tomato sauce with veggies in it. It's not pasta, but it's an ok substitute. Good luck!

Whatever this man sings, he offers something beautiful if you're willing to hear it.

muski... this made me schmoopie. Love it and hope it gets into the next thread title vote!!!

I was away from the computer last weekend and it has taken me this long to catch up! For a good reason, tho... so many exciting things are happening!!! LOVE the Spamalot pictures! Publicity here we come!!!

Yeah, I figure once he gets totally used to the role and the toll it takes on him at first, he will be able to do other things for a couple of hours a day... like any recording/album cover designing-posing/etc. I'd not be surprised to see the CD pushed back a bit, but this year for sure! EEEEEEEEEeeeee!!!! Life is good right now!