#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

Kind of OT question for any Canadians...have any of you received your tracking email from Clique to say your fanclub package has been sent...and had the number work?

Not meaning to exclude my 'Merican friends, but it's a customs kind of a thing, y'know? :thbighug-1:

I got my number, but it didn't work. Didn't surprise me.

Have you tried this link? UPS Mail Innovations

That's why I'm asking, annabear...I did see this posted over at CV but it doesn't work either.

I do see that a lot of people have been able to track theirs using this....but I couldn't.

However...I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong number. Here is my email. Can anyone clue me in as to what is the tracking number here? (clickable)

th_Clique.jpg

cindilu2 we HAVE to have that! It is gorgeous!! :hubbahubba:

ETA: hee....I wonder how he'd feel about signing that "eyes" picture?

FG - did you try clicking on the link that says DHL label?? I got the email 4 days ago and there is a number where yours says DHL label. Mine was somewhere is NJ today! I forget tho, what are we getting besides a chapstick???????????

Hope that helps!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

cindilu - another beautiful banner!!! :hubbahubba:

BWAH - quick useless mention just to get hits on a blog

Monday, March 03, 2008

Please don't go there

Why am I the only one posting anything here? Hop to it, friends.

Professor: If economics were American Idol, Cantillon would be Ruben Studdard, and Adam Smith would be the red-haired kid, Clay Aiken, because Cantillon said it first, just like Ruben won, but Smith is who everybody remembers, like Aiken.

another blogger discussed Ruben singing Celebrate me home and included a video of Clay singing the song in concert to show what it will be like - only probably not. I expect a slightly slower version.

I'm trying to stay up for my soap repeat at midnight on the soap channel. I don't think I'm gonna make it.

So do we have enough people coming to final weekend of Spamalot to have a thingie. You know, an FCA type gathering with no nametags, dodabs but maybe a reservation LOL. I'm getting very excited planning my trip. Does anyone have any favorite travel planning sites? I've been using Yahoo travel just to put all my info in one place. I have a whole list of things i want to do and haven't figured out how many multiples I'll have with Clay. I'm really into history so have a lot of stuff on the agenda that has do with immigrants: ellis island (which I visited before but didn't have enough time), Immigrant museum, lower east side tenement museum, etc etc. I also want to explore different neighborhoods. And then I want to see Clay from every angle LOL...

You know...I'm not quite sure if I'm just sticking my head in the sand these days but it feels good to have some relatively quiet good times in Clay Nation. Can we bring the Broadway reviewers over to the pop world for a month in May? But I'm actualy feeling optimistic. I think it was watching Clay articulate his vision and the apparant succesful team he's pulled together that is making me happy. I know Jaymes has been around for awhile but just hearing how he found her made me appreciate her more although I'm still not sure what she has ever done of note. I'm not one to normally care about the people around him. I'm sorta single minded in my focus. I guess except for the backups but it's not really about their relationship with Clay but their own talent which is on display. And Jerome cuz well, I think he'd ring a few necks before anybody got too close to him. But I digress. The anticipation of all the good things coming is ratcheting up. Hell I've been excited since last year but it's here. Can you feel it?

Hey I'd bring over some useless mentions Play but by the time I read my alerts it's a day late and a dollar short.

And I'm still trying to think of some duties for KAndre because she is just way too smug. hee.

I am still laughing at this one. Priceless!

:humor00239:

BWAH...Been there, done that.

What? I use prosthetics now.

Seriously.

just wondering if anyone ever reads my posts or cares. this may tell me. hee

Hey Treenuts! I do! ( just a bit later and then you all have moved on........ :blush: )

oh bwah... I'm blind..I didn't even see that. Treenuts was it you who came up with fluglehorn because I swear I heard that word in a commercial today and I started cracking up. I think I might use that whenever I want to use the F word.

FG - did you try clicking on the link that says DHL label?? I got the email 4 days ago and there is a number where yours says DHL label. Mine was somewhere is NJ today! I forget tho, what are we getting besides a chapstick???????????

I have no idea what else we're getting (and honestly, it's just the blog, contest and presale access that makes it worth the money for me), but my email looked exactly like yours, FromClaygary, so I think it's probably a Canadian thing. I'm not too worried, all the rest of mine have shown up in previous years, so I figure this one will, eventually, too.

Hell I've been excited since last year but it's here. Can you feel it?
I sure can! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Good Morning Everyone,

5 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

18 Days until Spring!

61 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

63 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I finally got my e-mail regarding my package...quickly tracked it to see where it might be and It says no information available. Guess that means it is languishing in a truck in some warehouse somewhere.

Kim

I finally got my e-mail regarding my package...quickly tracked it to see where it might be and It says no information available. Guess that means it is languishing in a truck in some warehouse somewhere.

Kim

Kim, they (UPS Innovation folks) told me it would take about 24-36 hours from the time you get the notice for the tracking number to start working. I checked mine on Friday and there was no info, but by Monday it was showing up. Gal at UPS said total time from your email to your door should be apx. a week. I'll let you know if that turns out to be true this Friday. lol.

Hee. I was going to whine about wasting this top post talking about the mail, then I realized we were talking about Clay's package, so I guess it's ok.

crate.gif

Great recap Marilyon!

Hope you won't be sick of him before our shared Spam night ,you know April 17!! Still don't know where our seats will be-GRRRR- stupid helpful chap at wholesalers said only the theatre could tell us on the night when we front up with our vouchers. He clearly doesn't understand I neeeeeed to Knooooow!!!!!

FromClaygary, I don't see that you were given a tracking number. I'm guessing that is because Innovations is a mailing service that works in conjunction with the USPS. UPS sends the package to the US Post Office and then they are the ones who actually deliver the package to us. I don't know how it works with the Canadian mail system. What happens when you click on the DHL label? I don't see that on my email. That is where I see my tracking number instead.

Thanks to laughn and all the rest who came up with info for the tracking of our packages. I kinda thought that was the case, but wanted to know if I was just being blind or something.

When you click on the "DHL label" nothing happens...you just get an error message. Good old Clique!

luckiest1 that's why I'm trying to figure this out...because I was all excited this time when I got this tracking email, thinking I was actually going to be receving something this year. Because in the last two years, I've received NOTHING without having to threaten them with legal action for months. I got my last year's package in....I think October 2007? after contacting the BBBonline. First year...I can't even remember, but it was at least 6-8 months after we enrolled, and after I got butterflyshine at the OFC to contact someone for me.

I guess it's same old, same old....it's just frustrating.

another blogger discussed Ruben singing Celebrate me home and included a video of Clay singing the song in concert to show what it will be like - only probably not. I expect a slightly slower version.

Interesting. Do I really remember Simon saying if Rueben had sung Bridge Over Trouble Waters, that would be the version we all loved...or some such nonsense. Am I remembering right?

Either way, we will now get to hear his version of a Clay song.....wonder which one we'll like best?!

I really like Rube...but that Aiken guy pretty much does it for me.

I'm so glad the blogger grabbed a version with a growl...YUM!

Kim

Kim, they (UPS Innovation folks) told me it would take about 24-36 hours from the time you get the notice for the tracking number to start working. I checked mine on Friday and there was no info, but by Monday it was showing up. Gal at UPS said total time from your email to your door should be apx. a week. I'll let you know if that turns out to be true this Friday. lol.

Hee. I was going to whine about wasting this top post talking about the mail, then I realized we were talking about Clay's package, so I guess it's ok.

crate.gif

Thanks for the info...guess I'll wait until tomorrow to check again.

(I was so proud of myself that I went through the whole winter without getting sick, but this morning I have a sore throat and stuffy nose...guess it was inevitable.)

Kim

Sorry that link didn't work for the Canadian package seekers. As has alrady been noted, yeah, our tracking number is where your unfortunately useless DHL link is. Clique is nothing if not consistent.

Welcome back, rohdy! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hope you feel better, aikim. I'm still trying to recover myself. Yesterday we hit 73 degrees. This morning it's 31. I think I've got whiplash. I also think I need some coffee. 2.gif

MsMarmalade posted at CH:

toni2marie at CV wrote:

My Weekend Recap

Oh Wow! I have so many joyous memories of this weekend, I can’t think straight! So, forgive me if I ramble on.

Friday night

We were in row M center. Great seats to see the show from that view. Totally different than front row seats. (more about that later)

When I saw Clay up in that tower, he looked soooo adorable. His facial expressions were something else.

I was able to keep my eye on him while watching the others. It is so hard to look away from him when he is on the stage.

The part that stood out for me was when he went to the piano. He lifted his tunic up soooo high!! We saw the whole backside of him! Cute butt!!

The drunken guard scene is, for me, the funniest thing he does. He does it so well.

We were hoping he would come out to the stage door. But he didn’t. It was cold and raining. We went back to the hotel with our Junior’s cheesecake and coffee.

Saturday night

Holy Crap! Front row seats are unbelievably close to the stage! Seeing Clay that close is lethal! I could see every little detail on everyone’s costumes. The Lady of the Lake is so beautiful and funny!

There was no way I could keep my eyes on Clay from the front row. I tried but it seemed like at times he would look right at me! He took my breath away and I wanted to live to see the rest of the show!!! Also, from the front row, they all can see us. I didn’t want to be looking “over there” at Sir Robin when Patsy was singing right in front of me.

Then he was lying dead right there in front of me! I was watching his chest go up and down. He never moved, I wanted to climb up there and lie down next to him and put my head on his chest. God help me, I have to watch the show!!!

It was so amazing to see him dance and act and have so much fun on the stage. I loved it so much!

Then we got to the stage door. He came out!!. I thought I was dreaming or watching the many stage door videos I have downloaded. This was the real thing! OMG, he’s coming toward me, here he comes!! He grabbed my playbill and I stared at his beautiful face. I said, “Thank you, Clay”. Then he handed me my playbill back and I said, “Thank you, Clay” again. I could have stood there for hours just saying ,”thank you, Clay”

My first autograph ever!!

I floated to Sardi’s with my sister and niece.

*le sigh*

FromClaygary, I don't see that you were given a tracking number. I'm guessing that is because Innovations is a mailing service that works in conjunction with the USPS. UPS sends the package to the US Post Office and then they are the ones who actually deliver the package to us. I don't know how it works with the Canadi

Hey do you want me to go to Clique and kick their ass? They're just down the road for me. They do seem to have their issues..must be the low pay they offer. LOL..Yes I saw a job on Craigslist for them not long after Clay hooked up with them. And it was for my general line of work but the pay was about half of the going rate.

Anyway thanks to an FCAer who found one in her area..I just signed up with the fan club pack for half price. Now I'm missing out on the fun of tracking his package. hee

So I was thinking...maybe, let's say Friday, we can have a shared video fest - start on Friday and go straight through the weekend to who knows how long. Think for a couple of days what three peices of clack you'd want with you on a desert island and then post the you tube link or download link and maybe what was it about it that makes it a fave. I thnk we'd have such a variety and we can relive some fun times plus chat abut some of our favorite videos. 3 is hard..but I think a limit makes it more fun if our brains doesn't explode..and it can be from concerts or interviews or audio or anything. You can put up one at a time or all three... what say yee?

Now off to work. One thing about catching the bus was I was mostly on time. With the car? Not so much. You would think that would work the other way around.

I SEE you down there, KarenEh! (waves hysterically to KarenEh across the internet and earthly miles :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) How's it hangin' in Baku?

Speaking of hanging (and God knows I often do :hubbahubba: ), I enjoyed watching that Celebrate Me Home montage on that guy's blog...then I saw that in his webpage banner he's all smiles next to Pigface...gag me.

But DAYUM! Looking at those video clips from Christmas 2005, I wanted to feed Clay! He was sooooooo skinny! Turn sideways and he disappears! (well, except for that one part) He seems so different now, body-wise....so....

solid and

thick and

hard....

Don't you agree? :lilredani:

Hmmmm, what 3 pieces of clack I'd want on a desert island? (Assuming of course that my laptop with unlimited battery is with me, heh.) That is a tough one, but I think I'm up for the challenge by Friday!

I SEE you down there, KarenEh! (waves hysterically to KarenEh across the internet and earthly miles :F_05BL17blowkiss: ) How's it hangin' in Baku?

Speaking of hanging (and God knows I often do :hubbahubba: ), I enjoyed watching that Celebrate Me Home montage on that guy's blog...then I saw that in his webpage banner he's all smiles next to Pigface...gag me.

But DAYUM! Looking at those video clips from Christmas 2005, I wanted to feed Clay! He was sooooooo skinny! Turn sideways and he disappears! (well, except for that one part) He seems so different now, body-wise....so....

solid and

thick and

hard....

I agree totally. :hubbahubba:

I watched the montage of "Celebrate me home" on that guy's site. It is marvellous, I tell you. wow, just wow !!!

I can't wait for some more news on the upcoming album....it is making me all giddy and stuff ....

eta- I just noticed I am not a "dog walker" anymore I am now guarding the body !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From toni2marie's recap that 00lsee so kindly brought over:

Saturday night

Holy Crap! Front row seats are unbelievably close to the stage! Seeing Clay that close is lethal! I could see every little detail on everyone’s costumes. The Lady of the Lake is so beautiful and funny!

There was no way I could keep my eyes on Clay from the front row. I tried but it seemed like at times he would look right at me!

I am wondering if I will survive my first show. :dead-1:

Three pieces of Clack, huh? Oh goodie! Now I have something to work on at work besides, well, work.... :whistling-1:

solid and

thick and

hard....

Dayam, muski... it's too early in the morning for that visual... oh, wait... what the heck am I saying... it's never too early!!! :cryingwlaughter:

couchie... that sounds like fun! Friday, hum... off to search My Videos... exit stage-right ==>

There are advanatges to living relatively close to NY. MY lurker friend and I have been contemplating going this weekend, but we wanted to go Saturday night and stay over - for fun. However, that meant finding a cheap hotel and then getting decent tickets.

Well, we just finalized our plans! Woo hoo, I'm going to Spamalot this weekend! That will help me survive until I see it again March 30th! :04:

I can sooooo not afford this.............

And muski, I do agree about Clay during the JNT05. I don't think I have ever seen him look so skinny!