#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Oh, I get it.

You sent bottlecap to turn me into someone actually not-so-bitchy.

:nono2:

Heh.

It might be working.

Heh.

:what_d_fuck:

Ah man, you get to meet Bottle first? No fair.

:whistling-1::whistling-1:

good job bottle

:whistling-1::whistling-1:

And what's this about sane mods? We have sane mods? How did that happen? :cryingwlaughter:

Oh, I get it.

Heh.

It might be working.

Heh.

:what_d_fuck:

Instead of selling the last two pints of my blood, should I just buy some Nice 'n Easy for him?

No need to pay for me, darlin.' I'll go freely.

:cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Yeah, shaddup.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Twin is back!!!!!

Bottle done good!

Now all you people really know that my boyfriend loves me best cause he is coming all the way down here to where I live, out in the middle of nowhere and WE have a date!!!!! Just him and meeeee!!!! and several hundred others not to mention the thousands watching on tv and on the web

I am going to see my boyfriend LIVE and up close at QVC!!! :04:

MWAH to my dear friend with the connections who is just as insane crazy enthusiastic as me!!!

And wasn't it kind of her to help me arrange a super seekrit meeting with my very CUTE and super famous boyfriend??

Why should we have sane Mods when none of the members are?

eeeeeeeeeeeee it's the weekend and I get to do ...nothing!!!!!! I am going to listen to OMWH over and over again and no-one can stop me!!!!

Two weeks folks and I shall be giving my hawt boyfriend seekrit messages from the audience. I shall be mouthing things like "text me you know you wanna" and "no Kandre is not your favourite" and "Karen Eh! is Nice AND Easy or so I've been told".

My BF is so clever he is going to text me during the performance. You will all think he is only acting/dancing/singing but my BF is so talented and he will do it so well and seecritly even he won't know he's texted me! But I will know it is him...he has given me his private phone number to call him back.

Doesn't Baby Mama have a baby? But honestly they all seem a bit touched. Kareneh you have the right attitude about it.

Congrats CG! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I picked the first picture for the card cover because the other one is already on a cover. Although I think blue shirt may be my favorite anyway.

Merrieeee.... LOL at your boyfriend texting you during his performance. Now THAT takes talent.

And what's this about sane mods? We have sane mods? How did that happen

We have mods here? :huh:

CG! WOO the hell HOO! :clap:

YSRN....If I didn't think it would scare you away, I'd give you a big wet kiss. Instead....I'll just text my hawt singerman to do me a favor and send you a text, too.

'mkay? :lilredani:

Yeay for me! I'm gonna leave work now and go get some elbow exercises in with Couchie at a local watering hole.... :bier: :bier: :bier:

:cry4: I am sooooo disappointed that picture number #1 is winning in the musicpass poll? According to the email I got from Clay, the artwork for the music pass is usually from the CD cover. That's what I would assume. Which, to me, makes perfect sense. Not to mention it is the best sexiest picture of the three. Why oh why did they let us fans choose? We never get it right. JMHO :cry4: Oh well.............

I figure the picture is winning because most fans (including me) like it best. :hubbahubba: IMO, if RCA thought it was dire that the CD cover be on there, they wouldn't give "us" a choice. I think it's cool that they did.

Besides - it's not like they are changing the album cover. What is a musicpass anyway? I've never heard of one and probably will never even see it!

But I think it's cool they gave us a choice too. :D

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

From About.com via CH

Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"

Rating three-half out of Five

By Bill Lamb, About.com

The Bottom Line

The title song and first single from Clay Aiken's upcoming album is not likely to get him back on mainstream pop radio. However, the lush arrangement and his vocals that flow like honey could spell an adult contemporary smash. Trite lyrics threaten to sink the recording, but Aiken's vocals here will remind many listeners why he charmed TV viewers enough to just miss being an American Idol champion.

Pros

* Clay Aiken's warm, polished vocals

* Lush strings and keyboard production

Cons

* Lyrical cliches

Description

* Written by Ryan Tedder, Hunter Davis, and Chris Faulk

* Produced by Kipper

* Released April 2008 by RCA Records

Guide Review - Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"

Enlisting Ryan Tedder as the lead name in writing the song Clay Aiken hopes will bring him back to the widespread attention of pop listeners is a good move. Tedder's group OneRepublic have proven their staying power with their own top 10 hit "Stop and Stare" following the band's monster debut with Timbaland, "Apologize." Ryan Tedder is also a co-writer of Leona Lewis' #1 smash "Bleeding Love." Musically, "On My Way Here" maintains the Ryan Tedder touch filled with big strings and keyboards in a production that stops just south of a Broadway sound.

Lyrically, the song attempts to sound autobiographical. However, cliched lines about faith conquering fear, trying and failing, and being loved and lied to threaten to sink the project. Fortunately, Clay Aiken sings the words with such conviction it's rather easy to ignore the weakenesses.

Clay Aiken fans will be quite happy with this recording. It showcases the natural, polished warmth of his voice. It's not too difficult to imagine this could be a track he might have chosen to sing on American Idol. Unfortunately, it's difficult to imagine the extremely lush production on current top 40 radio in the US. A niche at adult contemporary, alongside fellow AI alum Kimberley Locke, is much more likely.

Hey I'll take a 3 1/2!

cha cha, check out this site for more information on the MusicPass. Who knows what kind of stuff we'll be able to get from them, but it sounds like we'll get some kind of extra with the purchase of one. I'm happy that I can buy one at Best Buy!

CG, I'm sooooooooo happy you're getting to see Clay. I'd invite him over to dinner, if I were you. Maybe you could text him? *g*

I am perfectly sane, thankyouverymuch [/delusional].

:F_05BL17blowkiss: YSRN! Have a Spamalicious time tonight with Clay (and laughn and bottlecap and all the rest of your friends)!

I'm OK with that review. One person's cliche is another's inspiration. *shrug* And he acknowledges the voice!

cha cha, check out this site for more information on the MusicPass. Who knows what kind of stuff we'll be able to get from them, but it sounds like we'll get some kind of extra with the purchase of one. I'm happy that I can buy one at Best Buy!

CG, I'm sooooooooo happy you're getting to see Clay. I'd invite him over to dinner, if I were you. Maybe you could text him? *g*

I am perfectly sane, thankyouverymuch [/delusional].

:F_05BL17blowkiss: YSRN! Have a Spamalicious time tonight with Clay (and laughn and bottlecap and all the rest of your friends)!

I'm OK with that review. One person's cliche is another's inspiration. *shrug* And he acknowledges the voice!

WELL ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You learn something everyday!!! I will definitely be purchasing one when they become available at my nearby Tar--zsaaay!!!

Thanks ldyj!!! :thankyou:

What's all this???? (tm Mary Poppins)

About insanity or lack thereof??? not guilty!! :D

Welcome back YSRN!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, I get it.

Heh.

It might be working.

Heh.

:thbighug-1:

Lyrically, the song attempts to sound autobiographical. However, cliched lines about faith conquering fear, trying and failing, and being loved and lied to threaten to sink the project. Fortunately, Clay Aiken sings the words with such conviction it's rather easy to ignore the weakenesses.

It's all in the eyes of the reader. :)

I actually agree with that review, although of course I'd give OHMH 5 stars. I agree that the vocals are stellar, the arrangement lush, and the lyrics somewhat trite. But the difference is that I LIKE the lush arrangement, and I don't mind that there are a lot of cliches. I love the song anyway.

CG, I'm sooooo excited and happy for you!!!! You will come back and give us a full report, right? :lilredani:

*sniff* I just took my oldest daughter to her prom, and she looks FANTASTIC. I got her an updo, manicure and pedicure this morning, and her BFF helped her with makeup. And she's wearing a lovely, open-back, floor-length shimmery blue dress. Yeah, I might be a bit biased, I think she really looks gorgeous. She's going with her on-again, off-again boyfriend, and about 14 of her other friends. They took off in a streeeeetch limo for a fancy restaurant in downtown Denver, and then they will get back in the limo to go to the prom. Lucky kids!

OK, all you [people who are interested in an after the show get together -

Does it have to have alcohol? There is an ice cream store (cold stone creamery?) on 42nd street that is open until midnight. Now the show is over at 9:30, by 10/10:30 the milling around the theater will be over - ???

OK, I will check places open until midnight with WIFI.

I'll take that review...thing is, it CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: Get this:

The Bottom Line

The title song and first single from Clay Aiken's upcoming album is not likely to get him back on mainstream pop radio. However, the lush arrangement and his vocals that flow like honey could spell an adult contemporary smash. Trite lyrics threaten to sink the recording, but Aiken's vocals here will remind many listeners why he charmed TV viewers enough to just miss being an American Idol champion.

<snip>

Guide Review - Clay Aiken - "On My Way Here"

Enlisting Ryan Tedder as the lead name in writing the song Clay Aiken hopes will bring him back to the widespread attention of pop listeners is a good move. (WAIT! I thought you said the lyrics were cliched and bound to sink the ship!)Tedder's group OneRepublic have proven their staying power with their own top 10 hit "Stop and Stare" following the band's monster debut with Timbaland, "Apologize." Ryan Tedder is also a co-writer of Leona Lewis' #1 smash "Bleeding Love." Musically, "On My Way Here" maintains the Ryan Tedder touch filled with big strings and keyboards in a production that stops just south of a Broadway sound.

Lyrically, the song attempts to sound autobiographical. However, cliched lines about faith conquering fear, trying and failing, and being loved and lied to threaten to sink the project. (Uh, yeah....I think you said that already.) Fortunately, Clay Aiken sings the words with such conviction Yeah, I noticed. it's rather easy to ignore the weakenesses.

Clay Aiken fans will be quite happy with this recording. It showcases the natural, polished warmth of his voice. It's not too difficult to imagine this could be a track he might have chosen to sing on American Idol. Unfortunately, it's difficult to imagine the extremely lush production on current top 40 radio in the US. (Well, that's true---I can actually understand the WORDS! :cryingwlaughter:) A niche at adult contemporary, alongside fellow AI alum Kimberley Locke, is much more likely. (Oh, honey, didn't you hear? Kim and Clay are no longer BFF? They'd NEVER agree to be alongside each other now! Bwah, again!)

Does it have to have alcohol?

Yes! heee

Another affirmative vote here!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What? There's a get together that doesn't have alcohol? :huh:

Does it have to have alcohol?

Yes! heee

Another affirmative vote here!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What? There's a get together that doesn't have alcohol? :huh:

Booze is always welcome.

Congrats, CG, that's one thing I wish I could see live. I think it will be a blast.