#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

I was pretty disappointed in the finale because I wanted Clay to win, but I think that was due to jammed phone lines, Clay's were, Ruben's were not and more people got through on Ruben's lines.

See, I don't think think that is necessarily true. I remember at the time reading many, many, many complaints from Ruben fans that they couldn't get through to vote. I know I had no problems getting through to vote for Clay, yet I had friends who were trying to vote for Ruben who never got through. The phone lines did get jammed, but I think they were jammed for both. If they had more phone lines would the results have been different? Maybe. But I don't believe for a second they had fewer lines for Clay. And I don't believe they had as few lines as they did FOR BOTH as a way of messing with the results. I just think they based their phone line on the previous season.

In all honesty, I don't believe those involved with the TV show "American Idol" cared who won. I think they only cared who ended up as the final two and I think they only cared which two would garner the highest ratings. That was clearly going to be Clay and Ruben. Once those two made it to the finale, I think they were happy as pigs in shit and didn't care that much about the outcome.

Off to watch the webisode.

I was very disapointed when Clay did not win. I tried for a couple of hours to vote. Never got one in. I know at least 10 people at work that never got a vote in. Maybe It was the phone lines in our area. Who knows. I do not really care anymore, Clay has done well and Reuben maybe not as well. For Reuben it may have been enough, we do not know how he feels. All I want for Clay now is respect in whatever he does. I am tired of the cruel jokes.

xxx4clay posted a yousendit of the new webisode for us lonely Canadians (I downloaded and made a second one for FCA)

Here you go Spamalot Webisode

Thanks, goldarngirl! Not sure why I was getting so many different random videos when I clicked on the link! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Was Clay angry at Kim, yeah, I think he was, but I also think he was pretty pissed at the fandom when he posted his blog and suddenly was blindsided by the nasty comments in his blog and on the boards. I have to say, that is one day when I was very ashamed of this fandom. I will never understand why some fans will never give him the benefit of the doubt and always assume the worst from him. I could not believe some of the things I was reading about him and then when he blogged and cleared things up; it was back to "Oh we love you Clay" when two minutes before these same fans were complaining about how he was ruining his career. I can't stand that kind of two-facedness (is that a word?).

Sorry for the rant, but like I said; I think this whole episode really showed a bad side to the fandom.

Kim

Rant away, I am SO in agreement with you on this one! When Clay came on the OFC and blogged about something other than the controversy-du-jour at the time (was it about seeing Fantasia in TCP?), I was actually thrilled, because I felt it was his way of saying to the fandom that he wasn't going to kowtow to their every whim and wish- because in my opinion, he shouldn't have to. The reaction of some members of the fandom to that blog infuriated me! When Clay came back and set the record straight about the rumored tour, I kind of changed my mindset, and believed that he didn't know about the growing unrest within the fandom when he initially blogged. In any event, I was saddened to think that he had to read all of the crap being spewed on his blog at that time.

As for AI, the inconsistencies in that show the entire season were so apparent to me, and they started early. I liked Kim L on the show, and she would have been my second choice, with Ruben third. I felt for her early on, because I remember Simon's comment to her about her personality being a 4 (I think), in relation to Ruben's being a 10. I think my jaw dropped about 20 feet at that, because I didn't see Ruben's personality AT ALL! I thought he was a fine singer early on, but he became more and more boring throughout the course of the show, and yet he was over-praised every week. Needless to say, I haven't watched the show since season 2- cept when Clay has appeared.

As to my feelings toward Kim L now- Even though she was my 2nd choice on the show, I didn't like her enough to buy her album. I actually thought that she and Clay bonded on the show because she was the one whose intellect most closely matched his own,(although I have since re-thought that position). I haven't been particularly impressed with much of what I've read about her since the show ended, and appearing on tv with sewer rats has completely changed my opinion of her. I guess the need for fame really does corrupt a lot of people.

A couple thoughts before I go and see if Rewind recorded last night at 3 am or if I have to wait till tonight! Sometimes the 3 am show is the one from last week! :)

First off, let me say that UM is, and has always been, one of my FAVE songs. I grew up (teen years on) with the Righteous Bros version, and was floored again when they used it on Cheers as Paula's (Rhea Perlman's character) song. When I heard Clay sing it I went YES!!! Because he was always singing my favourite songs!! Later I heard his demo and I thought it was waaaaay tooooo sloooow. (I also thought the same thing about Wind Beneath My Wings.) So I was glad they speeded it up. I LOVE the high note on neeeeeed! and I also love the sort of 'double note' (how does he do that?) on the 'to' on 'speed your love to meeee'. :Thud: I lament the fact that he has rarely hit that 'neeed' note as purely in subsequent renditions as he did on that night. DF Gala version included. :dodging tomatoes:

I had never heard Vincent before, and still have not heard McLean's version of it, or the whole song from anyone. I love what Clay did with it, his voice is premium. I listened to it a few times several weeks ago when I had a CD of Clay's AI songs playing over and over in the car for a few days. The nuances in his voice are phenominal!

I also 'grew up with' Bobby Darin's Mack the Knife, so I initially missed a few of the "baby dontcha knows" but I love Clay's version of this too. But I agree with the "why was this song picked" line to "show how cool he was"??? (What was Paula smoking?) But he sure looked hot in that tux with the open neck) YUM!!!

I wish they had recorded full version's of all Season 2's songs, the ones we have from Clay are all too short! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

< - - - - - :hubbahubba: Courtesy of suereu at CV.

spamweb_seureu.gif

Fast thoughts before I do more yard work, oh how I have neglected my yard for a couple of years.

Fandom - I remember watching my blood pressure rise as I saw some sensible people write the most vitrolic crap on the Fantasia blog. I really believe they owe Clay a public apology for what they wrote, but it will never happen. I don't get how people define fandom as tearing someone apart. It is one thing to have opinions and state them and another to draw the most disgusting conclusions. You don't like the hair - you say "I don't like his hair' And I am fine with that. but when it becomes 'he does not know how to go out in public' and 'he doesn't care about his career' and 'he needs someone to hold his )((@&* hand', well then it is way over the line. Maybe he just can't live his life the way his fans want him to because they want divergent things! and maybe he just wants to be a human being for 5 minutes and not worry about how he looks for 5 minutes. I reread the blog ashile ago and found that all the offensive ones have been deleted. If people feel they can run his career so well, they should just try and have their own career i.e. get a life. Just because you don't like something Clay did, does not mean he deliberately has it in for you! <- the uncle Sam kind of "You"

Speaking of apologies, I probably owe some, probably more people in real life than on boards. I have been feeling crappy and went to Spamalot because I had a ticket, but felt icky the whole time and have whined about it to far too many people, been whining about far too many things. Found I got my pill bottles mixed up (not always the brightest person and can't read the labels without glasses - duh) and have been taking the wrong pills and there by not helping things. I have now put away the pills I don't take and have the ones I do take in marked bottles. So if anyone has been offended in the last week, sorry.

Why Vincent? I think tha Nigel probably liked it and wanted Clay to sing it, but he still would have preferred Moon River, heh. Nigel though of Clay as Ballad Boy and he was the one who had Clay selected for the show in Atlanta where Randy was iffy and Simon flat out didn't like him because he didn't look right and Paula was off on one of her???? Nigel pushed Clay through each level ofhe process. Clay said some of this, but I can't remember the source for the rest of it, not from other fans, but from articles or comments of people on the show. I don't think the connection to Clay's sister was made except by the fans. There were lots of papers in the bowl, but only 4 songs on them. Wish we knew whta the otehr songs were, but they were most likely ballads. Why extend clay's song? Possibly because it was really too short. The real problem was not the song being extended but that he had never heard the music with it extended before and lost his place. Clay may make mistakes, but I seriously doubt if many could handle this sudden change. I also doubt that anyone could have done as well when it is changed at the last minute before being sung in front of millions on TV in a stressful competition. The other unfairness was that there was announcement was made to the audience, but not to the TV viewers and the media.

I think Ruben was exemplary in his handling of the reunion tour, he still has not commented on it. Kim is scheduled to sing at his next gala and he is obviously still friends with Clay. Of course some fans dragged his name through the mud in discussing this and some actually blamed him. ???Here is the thing - you have some very different people that became friends in the "foxhole" of AI. They don't have similar pasts or futures, but were still friends. The stress of a showbiz career is great and I think that is why Clay said when it is over, it is over, he won't do Surreal Life. But I think the success they did have was addicting and it is hard when it is not going as well. The success of the three can be defined as Clay first, then Ruben, then Kim. I am sure she is surviving, but wants more, it is not as easy far from Idol exposure. Everyone (except Carrie) is having to make adjsutments.

Okay....is anybody else me here? I watch that webisode and think, "Oh, look. Here's Clay posing to look GQ..bet he's having a hard time not cracking up." :cryingwlaughter: I mean, he DOES look great...and the whole idea of him sitting on the stoop, obviously looking and waiting for me so that we can pick up where left off when we were so rudely interrupted earlier that morning :hubbahubba: ...

And then...the camera pans back and we see that gorgeous hunkaman become Clayton again--his long, lean legs sprawling all over the place, his knees knocking together and those boat feet splayed outward in unlikely angels in Converse sneakers!

BWAH! BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

God, I love that man.

My feelings on KLo are mostly ones of sadness. I feel incredibly sad that her career didn't turn out like she envisioned (I'm still confused as how she managed to get a few hit songs on the radio and still couldn't sell more albums), and I feel sad that she's made some (IMO) desperate choices to hold on to her fame -- such as announcing the tour, and her appearance on Pig's show (although, thankfully, she didn't provide any "dirt," if Clay even had any dirt in the first place). IMO she's turning into a reality show star, and that feels desperate to me.

From watching these interviews on AI Rewind with her, I'm also sensing a lot of bitterness. At the time, I think that would have been justified, but -- after a while, shouldn't people just let the f*** go?

Of course, I'm also feeling that way with some of what I've read throughout my 5 years in this fandom. It seems that some people still want to hold on to bitterness toward anyone who may have "hurt" Clay -- be it AI, KLo, Ripa, gossip reporters, etc. I personally find this bitterness woefully unattractive, and it truly does make me feel bad when I see it come out (such as the KLo tour blog entries). IMO, life's too short to hold onto grudges. I also believe (don't know it for a fact) that Clay feels the same way -- at least in public. While I do believe a few Coke machines have been beaten up over the years, he seems to be quite good at "letting go and letting God."

May we all learn from the master. *g*

Love the webisode....and I see what you are saying muski. That Clay/Clayton mix is surely fascinating to me.

Not just you, muski. And that Clay/Clayton mix, as ldjy called it, is one of the things I find most attractive about the man.

Question: I know some are praying there will be a video. Other than the chance to see more Clay, is there any reason to have a video anymore? I mean, MTV doesn't even air them anymore, do they? Hasn't TRL gone off the air? Where are videos shown? I know they are still made, but who sees them? Do they still have any relevance?

Anyone know?

Heh, I let a lot go, but Ripa, still was a bitch, that will not change with time. If anyone ever talks about her, i usually interject "what a bitch" wiothout further explanation. When you show the public your ugly, you have to accept they will remember. I always got the feeling the Clay got screwed by the producer who wanted a fun show and was egging him on and probably gave him direction on what to do. At one point, Clay said he should be nicer to Kelly and the producer said no, he was fine. If you have a problem, you deal with it personally, not publically. Guess we will never see the show rerun until KR is on the way out. Conan, is still irresponsible in some of his humor and overreacts to personal criticism, much like KG - if you can't take it, you should not dish it out. I don't write them, I don't watch themI hardly think of them, but still get a gut reaction to them. I also don't worry about them and see everyone getting what they deserve in the end. Will be really funny when Conan takes over the tonight show. He better find a way to make himself less offensive or bye bye middle Amercia audience and decent ratings.

Idon't worry about AI, but do get annoyed at how the show is being ruined by the producer's desperation manipulation to get it back on track. It is really losing it's point. It has nothing to do with Clay. Simon - he is not a happy man even with his money, so who cares about him. He is a big believer in altering history will be interesting in 5 more years. I amwaiting for those 5 more years to pass.

VIDEOS do get played on youtube and webspaces and on VH1 all night. It does help to sell.

And then...the camera pans back and we see that gorgeous hunkaman become Clayton again--his long, lean legs sprawling all over the place, his knees knocking together and those boat feet splayed outward in unlikely angels in Converse sneakers!

And that's just what it is - Clay will always be Clayton, too. :flirtysmile3:

Nothing like Sam's Choice Trail Mix, to eat along with your 3rd bloody mary.

You know Claygasm, that I love you, & love to read your posts. I agree with a lot of what you say. However, when it comes to the AI show we disagree completely. Sorry. I don't think it had a thing to do with jammed phone lines. It was all about the producers having a clause in the contract to choose whoever they wanted to win. They wanted Ruben to win because they thought he was more marketable to mainstream radio than Clay was, and it appears they are right. Since Ruben got lots of airplay on Urban radio and Clay got none, anywhere, to speak of. I agree that they wanted a Clay-Ruben finale for ratings, but I knew that they where wanting Ruben to win and making sure they dio all they could to make that happen. Including jamming phone lines and sabatoging Clay's chances anyway they could. Water under the bridge. but I won't forget it. Evah. It was what made me come online and be an avid Clay supporter. I felt he was robbed and I was going to do my part to make sure he got a career.

Having said all that. I have always felt that uben and Kim's friendship with Clay was just to use him for their own advancement in their own careers. I never felt that they were the true true friends he felt they were. I always felt that one day they would show their true colors and it would hurt Clay. BUT, it is not my job to protect him from that sort of thing.

I was pretty disappointed in the finale because I wanted Clay to win, but I think that was due to jammed phone lines, Clay's were, Ruben's were not and more people got through on Ruben's lines.

See, I don't think think that is necessarily true. I remember at the time reading many, many, many complaints from Ruben fans that they couldn't get through to vote. I know I had no problems getting through to vote for Clay, yet I had friends who were trying to vote for Ruben who never got through. The phone lines did get jammed, but I think they were jammed for both. If they had more phone lines would the results have been different? Maybe. But I don't believe for a second they had fewer lines for Clay. And I don't believe they had as few lines as they did FOR BOTH as a way of messing with the results. I just think they based their phone line on the previous season.

In all honesty, I don't believe those involved with the TV show "American Idol" cared who won. I think they only cared who ended up as the final two and I think they only cared which two would garner the highest ratings. That was clearly going to be Clay and Ruben. Once those two made it to the finale, I think they were happy as pigs in shit and didn't care that much about the outcome.

Look at the size of those feet!!!

bscap057.jpg

Wonder whose stoop he was sitting on???

I truly wish they would not show full photos of Clay from head to toe. Seriously. Those feet should not be highlighted. The size isn't as bad as the way they turn out. That is what makes them unattractive to most people, I would venture. Of course I'm drunk, so what do I know..................

EEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

I made our train reservation to NYC for next Sat (6 sleeps from now!) for me and mr chach.Animated-biggrins.gif

I am meeting a bunch of Broads for dinner before the show (Juniors I think) but is anyone going to be around?? I would love to catch a drink with someone after the show!! Play, want to check out that place you looked into for the closing night? (just a thought!)

loveclayssmiley.gif

Still haven't checked out AIRewind - since I have been checking out train fares and such.... I am happy we are going on the train rather than the bus, which was my mode of transport last time. The train is much more leisurely! (seems like, anyhow....)

Just one little comment about Klo tho.... seems to me she kind of "shot herself in the foot" early on when she told Simon "you suck!" which kind of shocked me at the time!! I mean, if you are hoping for good comments from someone, that is something you surely should NOT say out loud! Fortunately she really did have a good voice and a good fan base (I guess) or she wouldn't have gotten so far. And I don't recall the issue of her weight coming up again, altho Simon did comment on her hair a couple times.....

Anyhow.... I should get off this computer and start preparing for next SATURDAY!!!!

When I'll be sitting closer and more in the center than ever before!!! :04:

:laola0: :ura: :00000441: almostct.gif

I think it was a forgone conclusion that Clay would be in finale. Who was in doubt was Ruben if you believe the Newsweek article about Simon being upset that KLo was outsinging him in rehearsals. So I've always thought most things were done to get Ruben to the finale not to make sure Clay didn't win. With the technology at the time, the final ending came to luck IMO. Get out of my head aikim.

Gibby I agree...he looks fantastic in those shots... (I'll ignore green sweater hee)... have anything in that outfit turned up? I'm not so good with clothes... hee..

WORD

I think the disconnect that you may have is that you were not on the boards during the competition. For people like me that were reading BOLT, TWOP, and every clay board around...it would be very obvious that the internet activity with Clay was so much more than Ruben. It was also very clear that early on a lot of Clay fans were pledging two hours of solid voting for Clay. The first time some people got solid busy signals for Clay was as early as top 5 episodes. I never heard this problem from the Ruben camp. They were just not voting as much as Clay fans cos I remember someone once boasted on TV that they voted 60 X for Ruben and the Clay fans found that amusing because that was peanuts to the amount of voting Clays fans were doing. I was also on the boards during the the whole night and the reports of people not getting one vote in was phenomenal...that was not the case with Ruben. Besides the call in votes there were also a lot of people that were buying phones to text their votes or people from canada sending money so that people can text their votes for them. I will always believe the bathtub theory. Yes Ruben also got busy signals but I would bet not as much as Clay. I firmly believe if there were more phone lines available that Clay woudl;ve won by a landslide. Ruben was popular but there is a difference between the Ruben fans and the clay fans at the time. I think because we almost lost clay twice in the competition, I think because Clay got mixed reviews from Simon, Clay fans never felt confident about Clay staying so we voted (of course I didn;t cos I was in Canada), a lot. That is why Ruben ended up in the bottom 3...his fans got complacent. IMO...that is also what got Ruben's fans voting and getting him the win. If they didn;t get that scare I think they still would've been complacent.

Not just you, muski. And that Clay/Clayton mix, as ldjy called it, is one of the things I find most attractive about the man.

Question: I know some are praying there will be a video. Other than the chance to see more Clay, is there any reason to have a video anymore? I mean, MTV doesn't even air them anymore, do they? Hasn't TRL gone off the air? Where are videos shown? I know they are still made, but who sees them? Do they still have any relevance?

Anyone know?

Videos are used more for the internet now. That is why even for ATDW Clay did those simple videos so that they can have something to show on the internet sites. That is what my girls watch on yout tube music videos and its how they discover new artists. If you have an interesting video that gets lots of hits on you tube...you get more people listening.

cha cha...that "almost Claytime" emoticon CMSU! Soooo CUTE!

Another beautimous day here...unfortunately, I have to spend it doing taxes...so am ging to clean off the table outside on the patio, do some moving of electronic gear so that I can listen to Clay on decent speakers and then take all the bullshit documents that I need to fill out the bullshit tax forms for bullshit Uncle Sam outSIDE!...

Damn, Clayzorback...a Bloody Mary sounds pretty damned good, but since I don't have the fixins' here and am too lazy to go get 'em, I'll just have a brew or two while I'm slaving over the proof of our poverty. :cryingwlaughter:

I think Clay would be SUCH a terrific and AMAZING boyfriend, don't you guys? I mean, I know he IS our boyfriend, but I mean in REAL life---I bet he's fun and thoughtful and attentive and generous and very affectionate and

HAWT. And I still betcha he's a hellaciously memorable KISSER! :hubbahubba:

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! (oooh, I think I'll just leave that last smut-worthy comment for someone else to play with... oooh, that one, too! :imgtongue: )

Anyone know?

Well I don't know about MTV, but VHI still does videos, along with CMT and GAC. They have country videos. I don't see Clay ever doing a video again. *sigh* I think that is a shame too. I want to see him fornicating kissing a girl...............I want him to get me all hot and bothered. Porn baby. Soft porn. :whistling-1: Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8-MrHesljE

I truly wish they would not show full photos of Clay from head to toe. Seriously. Those feet should not be highlighted. The size isn't as bad as the way they turn out. That is what makes them unattractive to most people, I would venture. Of course I'm drunk, so what do I know..................

Heh, bite your tongue! :cryingwlaughter: Some of us have a foot fetish....be kind. ;)

You know Claygasm, that I love you, & love to read your posts. I agree with a lot of what you say. However, when it comes to the AI show we disagree completely. Sorry. I don't think it had a thing to do with jammed phone lines. It was all about the producers having a clause in the contract to choose whoever they wanted to win. They wanted Ruben to win because they thought he was more marketable to mainstream radio than Clay was, and it appears they are right. Since Ruben got lots of airplay on Urban radio and Clay got none, anywhere, to speak of. I agree that they wanted a Clay-Ruben finale for ratings, but I knew that they where wanting Ruben to win and making sure they dio all they could to make that happen. Including jamming phone lines and sabatoging Clay's chances anyway they could. Water under the bridge. but I won't forget it. Evah. It was what made me come online and be an avid Clay supporter. I felt he was robbed and I was going to do my part to make sure he got a career.

Having said all that. I have always felt that uben and Kim's friendship with Clay was just to use him for their own advancement in their own careers. I never felt that they were the true true friends he felt they were. I always felt that one day they would show their true colors and it would hurt Clay. BUT, it is not my job to protect him from that sort of thing.

And you know, Clayzr, that I feel the same but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. The TV show "American Idol" had no stake in the winner's success. Their stake was in the show's ratings. I also believe there are pretty stringent controls over "cheating" on contest type shows.

But the part I really disagree with you is about the friendships between Kim, Ruben and Clay. I feel positive at least in the beginning that Kim and Clay's friendship was genuine. Perhaps that changed over time, but no one knew what would become of them after the show ended, so at that time I cannot believe Kim had any ulterior motives. And I think history has shown that Ruben and Clay are now and have always been true friends. Ruben seems happy with his life. He has been nothing but supportive of Clay and if anyone had the right to be bitter it would be him. After all he won and yet Clay was treated as the winner. By all reports, Ruben is a great guy and his friendship with Clay is very real. While I might not be totally surprised to see Kim one day turn on Clay (although she has had the chance) I would be SHOCKED if Ruben did. Not everyone is out to hurt others. Some people are good people and I think Clay and Ruben are two of the good guys.

:hello: I missed y'all! For some reason, this time I couldn't get on FCA while I was travelling. Did someone change it to a xxx site (I'm not looking at muski...no, I'm not....) while I wasn't looking?

I've spent for EVER catching up!

Thanks for all the links and pretty pics and stuff! I now have a new piece of Avery software for labels (thanks!), a new wallpaper (thanks!) and a copy of the new webisode which I couldn't get to play because I live in the wrong country (thanks!)

<snip>Was Clay angry at Kim, yeah, I think he was, but I also think he was pretty pissed at the fandom when he posted his blog and suddenly was blindsided by the nasty comments in his blog and on the boards. I have to say, that is one day when I was very ashamed of this fandom. I will never understand why some fans will never give him the benefit of the doubt and always assume the worst from him. I could not believe some of the things I was reading about him and then when he blogged and cleared things up; it was back to "Oh we love you Clay" when two minutes before these same fans were complaining about how he was ruining his career. I can't stand that kind of two-facedness (is that a word?).

Yup!!

I'm loving these constant hits of Clay. The anticipation is wonderful. OK if you had your choice, what is the one thing you want to see Clay do to promote this CD?

Somehow or other, get on my radio!! ...and as I don't think that's what you really meant...probably GMA, which I think he will do; another full-length interview with Diane on Primetime would be especially wonderful. (Like the original one, not the ATDW one)

bscap057.jpg

Wonder whose stoop he was sitting on???

Maybe his? :shrug:

<snip>

May we all learn from the master. *g*

Exactly!....and I know that I personally....have. Although, about holding on to bitternes; I'm not as good as he is. :lol: Yet.

Well, I can't be psyched about getting to NYC for the last Spamalot....cause I can't! No (reasonable) hotel rooms left, and no decent tickets that I can see. NYC is one exPENsive place to visit!

But I AM psyched that I'm going to be able to go to Raleigh for the CD release party...looking forward to celebrating with all my friends there! :dance2:

Well, guess I can't procrastinate any longer....off to start my taxes.

So much for doing taxes. Carrie finally got up and said, "Where is everybody?" (What am I, chopped liver?) I reported hubby and Alex's whereabouts and she said, "Well, everybody else is doing something fun, why don't we do something fun, too?"

Uh...gee. My 12-year-old daughter just expressed a desire to spend some time with me WITHOUT mentioning including one or more of her friends...decisions, decsions. :whistling-1:

So I suggested a game of Putt Putt and off we go. Uncle Sam is just going to have to wait.

Meanwhile, I want to tell you a story about how Clay and his voice heals. The other day at a softball game I saw a friend I hadn't seen in a while (since our girls aren't playing on the same recreational softball teams this year---we're buddies during the summer tournament season)...she's a BIG Clay fan, too, but doesn't 'keep up' with him like I do. I was getting ready to update her when she started telling me that she'd told her husband to get out--just leave them, move out.

I'd known they were having problems for a long time--who knows what part she played since I"m only hearing her side, but he basically was working, coming home and drinking, etc. and not being involved in their FOUR children's lives, etc.

As I listened to her tell me what she obviously needed to tell somebody, I started thinking about OMWH....so when she'd let it out, I told her about Clay's new CD coming out and the first song that was ready to be enjoyed. I told her about it playing on Clay's mySpace and urged her to go home and listen.

Later, I sent her an email with the actual link and said that when I listened again after hearing about her situatin, it seemed that he was singing the words just for her--to please listen.

I woke up the next morning to an email from her...here's the part that really got me:

Thank you so much. <snip> The sitiuation I am facing now and the words... <snip> FAITH CONQUERS FEAR. Love it and you made my day yesterday with this and of course I have to listen to it again right now.

This is the kind of thing I bet Clay hopes is part of people's enjoyment of this music. :wub:

On another note, I saw our high school's production of Fiddler on the Roof. IT was pretty amazing and I couldn't help but eagerly watch the Bottle Dance--well, THEIR version of it, anyway! :cryingwlaughter: The guy was a great dancer but he didn't slay me like Clay does, of course. heh. ANd then one of the Russian guys stood on the table and sang this loud, long note and I thought of Clay on the piano doing his glory noting---fun, fun!

All the cast members wrote their own little bio blurb for the program and I got a kick out of Alex's (Mama/Chorus): blahblah...and then: "She has previously participated both on stage and behind the scenes, but nothing beats dancing, singing and being Jewish---all at the same time. She is not Jewish. Or a Mama. L'chiam!"

:lmaosmiley-1:

toni and Scarlett's intermission report

Great show...Clay is on fire!

The Shubert seems pretty full but for some seats on the far ends. Lots of fans up front and lots of CVrs.

Everyone in the cast is there today.

toni said they did the different introduction again today. She said it was like overhearing a conversation where someone was telling someone not to take pictures, not to use their cellphones to take pictures...then they introduced the conductor as the beautiful so and so... I'm guessing Todd Ellison.

During Knights of the Round Table, Clay said "Shake it for me baby!"

When the king was doing his coconut tap dance, the knights all sat down much closer to the audience on the stage than usual. Clay was clapping and laughing away!

When the LOTL threw her armor off, the knight behind Clay caught her arm. He passed it to Clay and let him touch it. Clay looked inside of it and sniffed it!

When the nun and the monk were doing their dance, Clay said "stop it that's dangerous"

During Find Your Grail, he was clapping and pumping his fist, not doing his usual dancing.

I'm back to the long-assed post. :::sigh:::

I will never believe having him sing it was part of any conspiracy. He pulled that song out of the bowl. As to adding something to the song and that messed him up - again, its part of TV and the time they needed to fill and in the end he still messed it up. He may not have forgotten the words, but he still messed it up.

He may have messed it up – but that was a direct result of them adding a verse an hour and a half before the performance. Put in the context of the fact that they did NOT do that to either Kim or Ruben and you have a patently unfair situation and, therefore, an unfair criticism of Clay. If they did it to all three of them, then we’ll talk. They did not air to the VOTING audience that they had done this, so then everyone thought “Clay messed up” without being aware of the context. I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but to say “he pulled it out of the bowl” is assuming that the bowl had more than Vincent in it. Look at what the other two pulled out of “the bowl” – both were songs that were within their personal style (regardless of what Kim says now). One could argue the same for Vincent for Clay. Coincidence? I bet not. I don’t think all the papers said Vincent. I bet there were three “Clay” songs in there, like Moon River (one that Nigel was dying for him to sing), Vincent and maybe one or two others. I would lay money that there was a Clay bowl, a Kim Bowl and a Ruben bowl.

As for the performance – it was pretty, but not exceptional. That does not equal a mess-up and isn’t even related to the mess up, which was the real issue. What really bugged me was the “Clay messed up the words” from Paula and Simon without any reference to the added verse. Lack of context is slippery. At least they went as far as the teleprompter and telling the studio audience – but the actual audience was more than 2 or 3 million at that point that didn’t know the whole story. They actually might have thought that “Clay’s nerves were getting to him” when clearly the opposite was true – that he performed as professionally as he did under those circumstances is a testament to him.

All that said, I’m not anti-AI nor do I think there was a huge conspiracy to “get” Clay – I just have a thing about fair arguments. <g> Frankly, I think the producers of that show LOVED Clay. I think they still love Clay – he and Ruben and their competition MADE that show, and Clay makes water cooler conversation every time he is on. The judges are a different story altogether.

Elimation night! Ruben's outfit sucked. Clay and KLo's were cute. Clay had some seriously loooooong legs striding across the stage. Buh bye KLo! Hell, Clay and Ruben cried more than KLo did!

Yeah, the length of his jacket served him well when striding across that stage. I sat up and took notice. <g>

What Rewind left out: The "She's a Lady" pimpercial - I laughed so hard when I first saw the ending! And they three of them sounded gorgeous in the medley. KLo found the melodic nature of her voice again, but damn Clay was doing some serious projecting at his entrance - and the warmth and richness were back in Ruben's voice.

Yeah, I loved seeing the Final three elimination show – lots of good singing.

I agree with Ansa on her comments about KLo’s personality. I actually started liking her more because of how she was with Clay. But in retrospect…..

With regards to her going on PH show...I have to give her credit for not saying more to hurt Clay. I bet Perez was hoping for more dirt to use on Clay.

Maybe she’s smart enough to not burn EVERY bridge. But maybe there is nothing to say to hurt Clay that wouldn’t be an out and out lie – would she get the same legal pass for making shit up that unknown stalkers get? I bet not. And I think what little career she has would be over in short order. I just wonder if her lack of dissing is self-preserving as much as anything.

I think sometimes this fandom gets so caught up in conspiracy theories they lose sight of that. No one will ever convince me that they weren't praying for a Ruben/Clay finale.

This part I agree with.

ITA. I KNEW Clay had messed it up. It APPEARED he had forgotten the words or missed an beat or something. And no matter what excuses people make for him,

No, not an excuse – calling it that is rather dismissive of the actual facts - the FACT is that they added a verse and hour and a half before show time. That is the fact, not an excuse that people just make for him. Period. There would be nothing to complain about if all three contestants had the same experience. They did not.

the fact is, he messed it up. People do that. Clay has done it! Heaven knows we all KNOW he frequently forgets words to songs! But he handled it well, didn't make excuses for himself, picked himself up and went on to deliver a great performance (IMO) on "Mack the Knife". I bet he won a more than a few votes by acting like a pro - and a grown-up.

This is me getting very picky about WORDS and context, people, not about being bitter about AI, because I’m not. Yes, he messed it up, but NO, it is not like other times he has messed up words and therefore is not comparable to those other times. There is no relation. It is not a similar situation, unless of course he always learns the words an hour before going on stage. This was not a case of him daydreaming about hot pockets. I do agree about his professionalism about the whole situation.

It is also not comparable to how Kim and Ruben did, BUT that was the entire point of the show, wasn’t it? That said, I never worried about it because I knew by the final four that regardless of the outcome we were going to be seeing a lot of that boy. Much like I’m pretty sure that David Archuletta from this year is going to be very successful even though I don’t care for him at all. It was obvious then, it seems rather obvious now. The male Hannah Montana.

You know, as much as I love being an online fan of Clay's now, I think I am glad I wasn't during AI and the immediate aftermath. I watched AI without being invested and without hearing about conspiracy theories and I think it gave me a much more objective view of that season.

Keeping in mind that I’m a scientist….how can one be objective without all the facts?? That’s like aquitting someone of murder because you didn't see the evidence. It wasn't all just "conspiracy theory" - there were actual facts involved, some of the time (Vincent). That said, there were people all over the spectrum at that time, just like now. It wasn’t quite so pat or broad as you make it sound. I didn’t buy into most of the conspiracy theories, loved Clay but was quite sure that he would be fine and dandy. I was NOT surprised when Clive announced that both of them would be getting the same deal (duh, he’s not really totally stupid and it is all about money). I rolled my eyes at the hysteria then as much as now. OVERALL, I think it was a pretty fair competition – but that does NOT include Vincent. One can also claim unfairness without thinking there is a conspiracy.

The results were what they were. And that was 5 years ago. So I have to ask - why do people still care????? I care about the here and now, and from where I sit, who won AI2 and whether or not the win was fair seems completely and utterly insignificant. Clay is doing pretty well these days and that's all I care about.

I DON’T care about the show to that extent (AI rewind is the first I’ve watched Clay’s season in a couple years, probably), but I can’t resist pointing out the perceived flaws in an argument or rationale. Remember, I’m a scientist. I actually do practice critical thinking (sometimes <g>), instead of claiming critical thinking in order to be negative like they do in other places. <g> And no, the results are actually not just what they were. There’s a scientific, logical explanation for those as well, I just don’t know if the evidence was ever actually documented and, at this time, it doesn’t really matter. I always thought Clay did much better as "the loser". It made people more invested, clearly.

I think it was a forgone conclusion that Clay would be in finale. Who was in doubt was Ruben if you believe the Newsweek article about Simon being upset that KLo was outsinging him in rehearsals. So I've always thought most things were done to get Ruben to the finale not to make sure Clay didn't win. With the technology at the time, the final ending came to luck IMO. Get out of my head aikim.

This I can see – especially when you listen to Nigel from a couple years ago that they were sure Clay was going to win, and that he was way ahead in votes every single week. And the fact that Ruben had hit the bottom two and Clay never did. They aren’t smart enough to understand the phones issue or statistics, of course. If they were they would have declared a tie and left it at that. In the end, they certainly treated it as a tie, so maybe someone explained it to them. Incidentally, how they handled Ruben and Clay at the end of the day is one of the main reasons I can't get behind most conspiracy theories.

Just one little comment about Klo tho.... seems to me she kind of "shot herself in the foot" early on when she told Simon "you suck!" which kind of shocked me at the time!! I mean, if you are hoping for good comments from someone, that is something you surely should NOT say out loud! Fortunately she really did have a good voice and a good fan base (I guess) or she wouldn't have gotten so far. And I don't recall the issue of her weight coming up again, altho Simon did comment on her hair a couple times.....

But if you recall, Simon loved it and he didn't hold it against her..even raised her "personality score" right after she said it. And she did it with a smile on her face. I know people didn't like her for it but I don't believe one of those people was Simon.

Take Clay and season 2 out of the equation..IMO if TPTB and frankly who would that be... had the power to just pick their winner regardless of vote we'd have a completely different lineup of winners. Doesn't compute with me.

Actually I really felt something wasn't quite right with the phone lines on final 3 night when only a few percentage points seperated the 3 contestants. I don't believe Kim was ever as popular as Ruben or Clay.

From Claygary...get on my radio is fine...for me I want one of his songs used prominently on a television show...something like Grey's Anatomy..hell I'd tune in again just to hear it.