#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

Congratulations to the lovely Scarlett!! :clap: I bet she was itching to take a picture of them taking her picture... :cryingwlaughter:

footie...hee...you posted here! :imgtongue: As I was scrolling and saw your name I actually went out to make sure which board I was at.

Late to the discussion, as usual!

If you can find a complete download of the Vincent night, check out the "recap" of Clay at the end of the show. The recaps were all filmed in rehearsal, not at the live show, so it's a very different snippet of Vincent. It shows how well Clay was ad-libbing on live TV and, for me, really showed his amazing versatility. If I were more technically adept, I would snip the clips for you!

As for the anomaly, that was the first and only time I tried to vote. I live in the middle of nowhere, in a mostly rural area. The biggest town in the county in only 6,000 people. I called maybe a half dozen times and got through once or twice.

:women23: Here's jmh at her dream job! Go get 'em! and good luck.

Good Morning Everyone,

14 Days until Clay is on QVC!

20 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

22 Days until On My Way Here is Here!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I slept for like 10 hours last night, so I'm feeling a little more like my normal self. I'm no where near being caught up, but I'll offer a few more random Spam observations.

- The OMWH ad in the Playbill is opposite the page that has the cast pictures, which I think is brilliant placement. When I looked around me before my shows, I often saw audience members with their Playbill open to those pages as they checked out the cast.

- Sir Robin is verra, verra chatty and seems to always engaging with his castmates when he's in the background. Even from the second row, I didn't hear any of his asides (other than a squealed "Throw it to me!" to the LOTL during the Camelot scene), but he seemed to be frequently saying stuff. Maybe it's in character, and maybe they're just discussing their favorite flavors of Junior's cheesecake.

- The build-up to the Bottle Dance? Holy Smokes! Sir Robin stands up from the piano, draws himself up, raises his arms, and doesn't just stomp his leg - he actually jumps up off the stage with the stomp. The whole thing was very impressive.

- During the Saturday matinée Guarding Prince Herbert scene, a furry section of the Swamp King's costume must have fallen off and got left behind near Clay. I saw Clay discretely eye it, and wondered how he was going to deal with it, as it couldn't be left on the stage. As it turns out, Clay took the opportunity to casually grab the furry bit as he was dying, and held it in his left hand while he was dead. By the way, Clay's tunic flipped up for all three of the shows I saw, while David's stayed down around his knees. Make of that what you will - different styles of dying maybe.

Oh, and that singer Idoly dude who played Sir Robin? Was pretty cute. More on him later, when I have more energy to be coherent. I just can't imagine, in his wildest dreams, Clay ever, ever thought he would earn wild applause for pretending to soil his pants. Talk about surreal...

bottle... soooo true. Surreal! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

The first time I saw/heard Clay was the final two night. I was flabergasted at his make-over and his voice. Couldn't believe he didn't win. Since I was not an online fan and not really invested, that should have been the end of it for me. However, I saved my tape of that final two show for some reason. When I lost my job, I would play that over and over. Something about Clay soothed me and took me outside my terror of being unemployed at 57 yrs old. I didn't find the message boards until about July, I think. Been here ever since cause, for the most part, it is fun.

I think Clay's coming in second gave his career a strong start cause I think the fandom leapt to his defense fiercely because of the percieved injustice. Clay has done marvelously since then and that's all I care about. I think the three stooges are all asses of the highest rank for the way they have talked about Clay over the years and have zero respect for any of them. What they said on the show was to make the competition more fierce and to increase ratings, but what they have said/done since is on their own asshat heads. Clay has more class in his little finger than them combined. Not that I feel strongly about it or anything... :cryingwlaughter:

I just read on Clayversity that SCARLETT WAS TONIGHT'S PEASANT!!!!

Woo hoo!!! And what a lovely peasant she must have made!!!

I just read on Clayversity that SCARLETT WAS TONIGHT'S PEASANT!!!!

whoo hooo! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Wonder if Clay whipped out a video camera to take Sclack! :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!!!!

I hate Mondays so much I swear I go into an actual depression.....

Clay Aiken David Foster Gala Unchained Melody

Is this the UM version everyone was talking about, being their favorite version? (I didn't want to assume so because there seems to be numerous David Foster Gala videos on You Tube.

I think Clay's coming in second gave his career a strong start cause I think the fandom leapt to his defense fiercely because of the percieved injustice. Clay has done marvelously since then and that's all I care about. I think the three stooges are all asses of the highest rank for the way they have talked about Clay over the years and have zero respect for any of them. What they said on the show was to make the competition more fierce and to increase ratings, but what they have said/done since is on their own asshat heads. Clay has more class in his little finger than them combined. Not that I feel strongly about it or anything... :cryingwlaughter:

Liney23, please don't hold back, please - DON'T be afraid to say what you REALLY think! :cryingwlaughter:

Is this the UM version everyone was talking about, being their favorite version? (I didn't want to assume so because there seems to be numerous David Foster Gala videos on You Tube.

I can't click on this from work, but Clay only sang UM once at a David Foster gala, so any version that you find of that should be the right performance. There was more than one clack gatherer there, so there are probably multiple versions, but they should all be the same performance. I just love the way he ended the song, and I love the slower tempo. Really allowed him to feel the music, IMO. Hee, now I think I need to go listen on my iPod!

I can't click on this from work, but Clay only sang UM once at a David Foster gala, so any version that you find of that should be the right performance. There was more than one clack gatherer there, so there are probably multiple versions, but they should all be the same performance. I just love the way he ended the song, and I love the slower tempo. Really allowed him to feel the music, IMO. Hee, now I think I need to go listen on my iPod!

It is certainly a beautiful, rich, slow version. I think the glory note would have been better if he had been standing up.

Personally I believe it was a fair vote and a fair competition that was over 5 years ago and, IMO, this fandom needs to let it go already!

Of course you are free to have and to share your opinions, my friend, but at the risk of giving offense, I will state that this fan will "let it go already" if and when I'm good and ready to and not a moment before. If that makes me a bitter grudge-holder, then so be it. Those I hold in contempt earned my ill will. And that's all I have to say about that. (tm Forrest Gump)

*dusts fingertips daintily*

EEEEEEEEE for another webisode! Clay looks gooood.

And EEEEEEEE for Scarlett being the cutest bestest peasant evah. ;

And...if if um if if um...EEEEEEEEE for no apparent reason, except that it's really happening!

The next thing we need to hear about is how Scarlett can change clothes while standing in stage, heh. Did Clay recognized her? If I knew taht was happening, I would have gone in for SRO.

Speaking of people going to Spamalot, I was reading a blog today and saw this - I will include previous ones because it is so funny.

....on monday i had an audition for...again...a production of Beauty and the Beast, and at a theatre in Ohio.....

I JUST FOUND OUT EVERYTHING I'M DOING!!!!! I AM DESPERATELY CALLING EVERY PERSON IN MY LIFE AND NOT ONE PERSON IS ANSWERING THEIR PHONE!!!! AUUUUUGH!!!!

so you, my livejournal audience are the first to hear all about my dreams coming true. literally!! AUUUUUUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all...i'm Belle. ;') tears tears tears and more tears. i'm playing Belle in the show "Disney Dreams: An Enchanted Classic" where i will wear the most amazingly beautiful golden dress that you can see if online if you youtube the show. tears tears tears!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!

secondly, i'm in The Golden Mickeys and...i'm Pocohontas!!! that's hilarious!! i never saw myself as a Pocohontas but i'm THRILLED!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN OWN THE EARTH AND STILL...ALL YOU'LL OWN IS EARTH UNTIIIIIIIIL...YOU CAN PAAIIINT WITH ALL THE COLORS OF THE WIND!!!!!!!!!!

okay...and here's the best. they told me i might be in a giant costume for Toy Story the Musical as well. and i am. and honestly, i think i have the best part. I AM THE BUTT OF THE SLINKY DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, on my cast sheet...for Toy Story it says "Slinky Butt." that is my name. Slinky Butt. I LOVE IT........................

.................i bet they call at 9:30 on the (mouse) nose. that would be very Disney-like, would it not?

so, i FINALLY saw Spamalot last night! i was bored so i spent all afternoon and evening downtown bumming around. i wanted to go see Austin Pendleton's play, but they were sold out when i got there. so...i opted to check out some b'way theatres. since i've wanted to see Spamalot for so long now, and i'm leaving, and i'm scared they're going to close before i have a chance to see it...i went there first, and sure enough, they had $20 standing room tickets! yesss!!! standing room is actually a great deal, you have a fantastic view. the only downside is that you have to stand. but who cares? i stand for 5-6 hours at work, standing for a 2 hour Broadway show is EASY! so...i was a little disappointed...some of the music was different than the soundtrack (which i was obsessed with a couple years ago), and i thought the choreography was atrocious. in my head, the show (as far as chorus numbers go) was much funnier and GRANDER. oh, and the Lady of the Lake (an understudy) was terrible. i could have sang the role better, and i mean that. so could most of my friends. BUT....i still enjoyed the show immensely and just about peed myself laughing during the Herbert/Lancealot scene. AND...CLAY AIKEN WAS INCREDIBLE!!! i'm serious...i mean, obviously his voice is just out-of-this-world...but he was HILARIOUS. sometimes, it seemed he was the only one who cared...the only one who was enjoying himself. he was the best person on that stage and he made it ALL worth it if anything!!! i was so happy to see that he truly is talented...and beyond what i expected!!

okay.....it's 9:30!

aaand, they were fashionably late at 9:32...haha..................................

And...if if um if if um...EEEEEEEEE for no apparent reason, except that it's really happening!

Thread title? :lilredani:

YAY for Scarlett! :clap: We know they take a polaroid, so in a sense, there really is Sclack! :cryingwlaughter:

Love those blog entries, Play!

Ugh. We had a birthday celebration this morning at work. Chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream sounded like a good breakfast at the time. Now I feel like a giant slug. :glare: The fact that it's Monday, I woke up to the radio playing Fergie (hate with the heat of 1,000,000 blazing suns!) and now have some lyric about a child missing their blanket, which for some odd reason always makes me think of Michael Jackson calling one of his children "blanket", stuck in my head isn't helping matters any. Aren't you glad you asked? Oh wait, you didn't? :lol:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAY for Scarlett!!! I;m sure she was cute and poised and a great eHP/FCA rep...hee

I just read a recap on the CH...I do believe it was for the same night and the person didn't think the peasant was a fan cos she was cute and poised...so was she talking about scarlett? hee...so she was acting pretty cool...

Love that blog Play!!! that is great praise indeed from a person not easily impressed...

It could be that TV Guide will be collecting all the webisodes into one place. They do a lot of that sorts of thing with their video section.

annabear...um...your suggestion for a thread title sounds kinda familiar. Like maybe the one we have right now? Of course, we could offer it again...

EEEEEEEEEEEE! for Scarlett, and I can't wait to hear from her.