#29: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!

Couch Tomato

What should be the next thread title at FCA?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• Ah, nothing left but the finale - and Clay's incredible career.
    • I am so obsessed. He's altered my DNA. I'm sure of it.
    • Hold on...you're going on a great and long ride!
    • I'd go with Godzilla if it meant I could see Clay even one more time in Spamalot.
    • Yes I'm babbling. What can I say? He makes me happy.
    • Clay has the vitality of the Energizer bunny...
    • Just the Clay parts first. His parts are FINE as WINE and all move..... varra varra nicely!
    • He loves us as we love him--unconditionally.
    • Today's Clay is hawt, polished, multi-faceted...
    • Faith has conquered fear...on my way here!
    • The man is a magnet. A super magnet.
    • Clay will always be Clayton, too.
    • I want it all and I want it now!
    • He is going to kill us all.
    • Can I move to ClayAikenville?
    • Whenever, wherever, I'll be there.

BTW, Cotton...those Sir Robin bears are freakin' CUTE! Just like their namesake...you DO realize, don't you, that you could make a fortune selling these?

Wait! Did you make them?

Wait! Isn't someone else posting here making some Sir RObin bears? Am I confusing you with her?

Wait! I really, really, REALLY do not like what aging seems to be doing to my brain.

I feel badly for someone who's computer won't let them listen at AOL...some out of the country folks can't do the AOL thing. I have no fear that it will be passed around quietly to those who need it, but I guess I think it is just making it difficult on people who would do the clicking if they could.

Since no one answers my posts about it, has anyone out ofthe countryTRIED an anonymizer? Maybe they can listen.

I would say, that until someone has actually tried it, this may be a false arguement.

play, did you post the info about the anonymizer at the CH also, because sylvie is also a CH member and I know she's one that has said it just keeps telling her, "This is not available in your area,"....or something like that.

QUOTE(Clanderson @ Apr 6 2008, 09:41 PM)

From GBB at CH

Clay is appearing tonight.

Posted by Oldmoviegal at CH:

One thing that I wanted to mention in my recap-that-never-was, just because it gave me a little tingle, was this: while I was in New York, I had dinner with an old friend who is a producer at one of the networks (and her partner works on one of the late-night shows that tapes in the Ed Sullivan Theater). She thought it was funny, but in a good way, that I was going to see the same show more than once while I was in town. I defended myself by saying that Clay was soooo cuuute, and by the by, he was getting great reviews for his performance. And she replied, in all seriousness, "Yes, yes, absolutely -- everyone has been talking about it." She didn't say much more, and I didn't press (because we had other stuff to talk about, and at just that moment the waiter brought our veal chops in black truffle sauce) -- but she was very clear on the fact that the media community in New York has noticed Clay's success in Spamalot, and that (as another famous Broadway show would say) attention has been paid.

I sort of hesitated on whether to say anything about this -- and, truly, this was the extent of our conversation about the subject. But it was crystal clear to me that Clay's Broadway debut has resulted in good word of mouth among the people who matter. And this has made me pretty happy, because I think it's important that the end of his run in Spamalot and the start of CD promotion will be happening in a media environment where the people who are booking and interviewing him are keenly aware of his success and (dare I say) bravery in doing something so unexpected that has turned out so well. It makes a handsome backdrop to the story, and becomes the strong secondary narrative in the CD promotion.

It's the whole song! (with an annoying voice somewhere in the middle saying "AOL First Listen" or something like that)

Thanks jmh! I knew I remembered an annoying voice, but I couldn't remember if it was an interview or what!

Now the only question that remains is will it be up before I have to leave for work!

I remembered to put my AI Rewind recap in the right thread! Yay me!

OK, I'm turning AOL on in 6 hours and 20 minutes and they had BETTER have my stuff up!

and Liney, the likelihood of me and my sister cleaning for anyone who didn't go through a couple of day's of labor giving birth to us (though as I explained to my mother, since she was doped to the gills while having me and doesn't remember any of it, it should count and my youngest should have to do it all by herself. She didn't agree. So I took great delight in throwing away three-quarters of her crap. I like throwing away other people's stuff!) is zilch. Hell, I still haven't managed to clean up my place!

QUOTE(Clanderson @ Apr 6 2008, 09:41 PM)

From GBB at CH

Clay is appearing tonight.

Posted by Oldmoviegal at CH:

<snip>

but she was very clear on the fact that the media community in New York has noticed Clay's success in Spamalot, and that (as another famous Broadway show would say) attention has been paid.

I sort of hesitated on whether to say anything about this -- and, truly, this was the extent of our conversation about the subject. But it was crystal clear to me that Clay's Broadway debut has resulted in good word of mouth among the people who matter. And this has made me pretty happy, because I think it's important that the end of his run in Spamalot and the start of CD promotion will be happening in a media environment where the people who are booking and interviewing him are keenly aware of his success and (dare I say) bravery in doing something so unexpected that has turned out so well. It makes a handsome backdrop to the story, and becomes the strong secondary narrative in the CD promotion.

Yeah! that Clay's going on tonight, and :nana: about the positive media buzz. I've been hoping all along that success on Broadway would impress the right people in the NY media, besides giving Clay an excellent hook for his album promo. And he can easily avoid any lengthy AI discussions in his interviews, as he obviously hasn't had time to watch it this season. (Are you paying attention, Diane Sawyer?)

Yay! bottle's back!

All weekend away from the computer, except for a few minutes here & there.... :o Gotta go catch up! :thRoadRunner:

I was doing taxes and came across this picture of 2003 AI Tour Clay (yes, there is a connection, why do you ask? :lilredani: )...

Damn. Look at his face! So young and fresh and...those EYES! And lookie...he was packin' then, too. :whistling-1:

FreshfacedCLay.jpg

I was doing taxes and came across this picture of 2003 AI Tour Clay (yes, there is a connection, why do you ask? :lilredani: )...

Damn. Look at his face! So young and fresh and...those EYES! And lookie...he was packin' then, too. :whistling-1:

FreshfacedCLay.jpg

I don't even pretend to have muski's expertise, but I have my own opinion: paperplane.gif

It's the whole song! (with an annoying voice somewhere in the middle saying "AOL First Listen" or something like that)

Thanks jmh! I knew I remembered an annoying voice, but I couldn't remember if it was an interview or what!

Now the only question that remains is will it be up before I have to leave for work!

It could be up tonight shortly after midnight. That has been the case in the past.

It could be up tonight shortly after midnight. That has been the case in the past.

It better be or else they'll have KAndre to answer too and she and here stilettos are not to be messed with!

Muski - I am waiting for the connection between that picture and doing your taxes!

I remembered to put my AI Rewind recap in the right thread! Yay me!

OK, I'm turning AOL on in 6 hours and 20 minutes and they had BETTER have my stuff up!

and Liney, the likelihood of me and my sister cleaning for anyone who didn't go through a couple of day's of labor giving birth to us (though as I explained to my mother, since she was doped to the gills while having me and doesn't remember any of it, it should count and my youngest should have to do it all by herself. She didn't agree. So I took great delight in throwing away three-quarters of her crap. I like throwing away other people's stuff!) is zilch. Hell, I still haven't managed to clean up my place!

And your recap is a word of art, a masterpiece, second only to Clay that night!!!

I need someone to throw away 3/4 of my crap. Does your mother know you did this yet? Did she (she is gonna have a) shit fit? (KAndre style punctuation there.)

muski -- I wasn't doing my taxes (need to get those filed this week) but my wallpaper changer came upon this picture (by sapphire):

th_nickxmas.jpg

And I immediately said to myself -- "Good Lord, he looks sooooooooo young." And what an angular face at that point. I think he needed some weight at that point. He seems to be at a good place right now. Anyway, isn't it amazing how much he's changed in 5 years -- and yet, he looks the same. It's so strange.

I'm going to try to stay up to make the AOL thing tonight. I hope I make it.

Heh, me 'n my sister literally waited til she was going to be gone for most of the day (grandbabies make good distractions!). Most of it was in a dumpster far, far away by the time she got home - she just whined a bit (that I know of - I fled as quickly as possible). We got rid of things like Bama jelly glass (those from the south of about 40 years ago will recognize these) - every empty butter tub known to mankind - what is the point of washing and keeping disposal flatware? I ask you! I swear to God, we pulled out a training bra my mother bought for me when I was ELEVEN. Eleven! One boob wouldn't fit into both cups - if it actually had cups. What the hell were these things supposed to be training? We threw away calendars for every year from 1973 - which means at some point she packed them up and moved them to her CURRENT place. And just because it cost a dollar back in '88, doesn't mean you have to keep it. I swear, if she finds she can't live without a half melted half grapefruit holder from Tupperware, I will get her another one.

She did call my sister at six this morning, claiming I had thrown away ALL her pots and she could make any pinto beans. I guess the entire NEW set of pots were defective. There's a reason I have Caller ID.

My mom is a pack rat extraordinaire...I always take every opportunity...when she goes away on trips... to throw stuff out. She never notices. When she was coming home from the skilled nursing center last week I went into her room to get it ready for her...jesus... she would have a church program from 2004 and then a nice picture of my neice and then a bill from something or other from 1998. Just no rhyme or reason. Every 3rd thing I would keep but every 10th thing was a real treasure. The rest was junk. heh.

I figure by the time I get home from work tomorrow everything will be figured out and I will be able to listen to Clay just fine. hee. It will be fun to hear everybody's reaction to song 1. I hope everyone remembers there are 11 more songs on the album and don't proclaim his career over if they don't like this one. Do we know for certain that this will be the first single.

ETA: yep...my mom probably has a lot of our crap too. I did find my 11th grade yearbook though. Who are those people.

BTW, Cotton...those Sir Robin bears are freakin' CUTE! Just like their namesake...you DO realize, don't you, that you could make a fortune selling these?

Wait! Did you make them?

Wait! Isn't someone else posting here making some Sir RObin bears? Am I confusing you with her?

Wait! I really, really, REALLY do not like what aging seems to be doing to my brain.

Yes, I did make my little bears!

But Annabear made a big, more realistic bear.

Mine are little bitty.

And, trust me, I wish I'd thought to make and sell them in a timely manner!

If I tried now, by the time I got them all made, everyone would be on to OMWH and Sir Bearobin would be irrelevant!

But thank you, I think he's quite CUTE, myself! :)

KAndre, Couchie - have you never heard of E-bay? Not to mention you can reuse a calendar every 28 years, so a 1980 calendar is in it's own right now!

I am adding missing pieces from Rewind to compliment K'Andre's recap.

QUOTE(demeter @ Apr 6 2008, 08:15 PM)

Posted by claymate29 at the CB:

I just got a call from starfishy and she said Clay was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Good He sang about the coconut and told one of the girl during the camolot seen you can be my baby he was very chatty. Clay kicked the Cow the pesant seat is emty and the seat it D101. Starfishy is haveing a wonderful time and she said the there was good crowd. starfishy is going to call me back after the show. starfishy said she going to post a recap as soon as she can and if she can remeber anything else. I sure hope I remeberd everything starfishy told me.

From artyanna at CH

From the CB... of course the security guard could be guessing.

Quote:

I was at today's matinee and one of those who got a refund. This would have been my second show and I wasn't spending $126.00 and not see Clay. I was told by the security guard (you know, the fellow who is in all the SD videos) that Clay couldn't make it back in time from the wedding. He only called in 10 minutes before the doors were opened. He was NOT sick and he said that Clay would definitely be in the evening show.

Ha! The only way I would put that stuff out on eBay was under a pseudonym in a different state - my mother has a 2' x 3' x 4' plastic bin full of presents she got from people that she never opened - but wouldn't get rid of because they were a "special gift from a special someone" which means she didn't like them - every macaroni cow any grandchild has done is PROMINENTLY displayed!

BTW, if any of you people get a present from me and and there may some mostly illegible script like "much love, Auntie J" - don't worry about. Think of it as authenticity!

BTW, if any of you people get a present from me and and there may some mostly illegible script like "much love, Auntie J" - don't worry about. Think of it as authenticity!

bwah... I always wonder who Aunt Janice was...hmmmm heh