#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

OMG - this photo was too funny!!!

kiimmel40004.jpg

Thank you, cha cha! :lmaosmiley-1:

kiimmel40004.jpg

Thank you, cha cha! :lmaosmiley-1:

he looks like he's in Grease II here!!!

Someone asked about this photo - Clay didn't explain it all that well, but basically said it was on one of the nights when they had a new cast member joining, so they all dressed up differently for dress rehearsal.

At least that's what I understood from it!!

Voice is pretty shakey...

Of course they cut it off right before he got to the wailing!!!!!!

They CLAIM we can see the whole performance on JK's site - but didn't they say that the last time only it was never there??

Bye Clay! See you again.... sometime.......

I like to look at the glass being half full and enjoy that he was on and had a good time with Kimmel. It WAS funny, He got to sing the one song he does get to promote - the single he is supposed to be promoting now. The single fans could be supporting now if they want to hear Clay on radio. And he sounded good and he looked good and the fans represented again. PS, I think the guy may have been a Claydawg. And Ithink I knew the second woman.

Which reminds me, I have to go check the local AC radio stations and see if it was added to the playlist, then I can request it. I need to check my e-mail to see if there is another music survey.

And so to bed.

and tomorrow, I will corner the stepping out magazine corner, now that I know where they are hidden. Then, Then I can use them for my evil plan.

Clay Aiken will continue, evenif we have to call him Puff Daddy or Puffy for short.

Someone asked about this photo - Clay didn't explain it all that well, but basically said it was on one of the nights when they had a new cast member joining, so they all dressed up differently for dress rehearsal.

At least that's what I understood from it!!

Yeah. Usually the new person is the only one who's dressed up, but it was his idea for the rest of them to dress up like they were in the '80s! He also looks like he's all of 14 in that picture!!

I hate that the jackass cost Clay his rightful screentime. And that ye-hawing donkey at the end? Hate that, too.

:cryingwlaughter:

kiimmel40004.jpg

Yup, LOVE that too!!

I wish they had cut Ryan's segment down some and gave Clay enough time so we could have heard both songs... Especially since we won't be hearing or seeing him awhile.

But to me, the most burning question of the night is WHY THE HELL DID HE CHANGE FROM THAT NICE LOOKING JACKET TO THE MR. ROGER'S SWEATER?????

One girl had very littel on inthat photo, I wonder if she was wearing a Clay Aiken thong?

BWAH!

I'm going to go watch him one more time, then off to bed. Night all! :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

One girl had very littel on inthat photo, I wonder if she was wearing a Clay Aiken thong?

BWAH!

I'm going to go watch him one more time, then off to bed. Night all! :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

clay aiken thongs are red!!!

thong.jpg

sounds like a capital idea anna!!!

Ok, since I am on a negative roll today....

That was not one of my favorite Kimmel appearances. Better than the horse bit but still.... There just seemed to be something missing. There were funny parts (I loved his description of Chinatown - especially the octopuses but I bet some will think it was a bit disrespectful) but it wasn't the usual uproarious Kimmel appearance. The hair was WAY too blonde and the Mr. Roger's sweater made him look like an old fuddy duddy. A CUTE old fuddy duddy but still. He looked soooooooooooo good in that one shot when Ryan was on. Why the hell did he change???

And that fan segment with the bust was EMBARRASSING! I cringed!! OMG why did they do that? Clay even looked a bit embarrassed. They could have used those special few minutes for more of Ashes.

Ryan took up way too much time and damn - I don't think I have ever seen so many commercials in my life!!

And his voice was wobbly on OMWH.

Usually I am on such a high after Kimmel. This time its sort of whatever. Not bad, just not up to his usual Kimmel appearances.

He was still adorable and funny at times, but there was just something missing.........

clay aiken thongs are red!!!

thong.jpg

That would be the first one, the second one was Black with a red heart you know where. Hee, I may have two.

heh, I have one red one and two black ones.

I notice that it happens to you more late at night, maybe you are a day person, I am pretty grumpy in the morning and am a night person. I don't post much in the morning, I fear the reprecussions.

Since I haven't watched AI for a long time, I haven't seen much of Ryan. He looked really different to me. His face looked fuller, I saw no spark in his eyes at all, one of the things that was really different, was no fake bake. When they showed pics from the show his face looked more chiseled, it sure didn't look that way tonight. His behavior was a little odd too. I thought Ryan was going to pull a Tom Cruise there in his chair a time or two.

Clay's segment, not my favorite Kimmel, but he is always a good sport, laughs a lot. Fan segment, could have done without it. Clay's comment about some fans trying to laugh louder than other fans and the texting thing. Might just have been his way of saying he knew what was going on. Of course I've heard him sing better, but I didn't think it was bad.

Clay, go rest and do what ever you need to do to refresh your soul. You did a great job in Spamalot and put out a great album.

I'm proud of you, what will be will be. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BWAH!

I tell ya how innocent i am - I thought the thong was on her feet.....

Are those, um, thongs, official Clay merchandise?

OK, need some more acronym translations......

OK, there is NO excuse if they Kyrie "Ashes". They are one guest short and she was scheduled to do a mini-concert PLUS he once again did the short version of OMWH. Therefore they SHOULD have plenty of time to show ALL of Ashes.

But I bet they Kyrie it!! And if they were going to do that, then he should have done the full version of OMWH!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(Claygasm @ May 16 2008, 08:32 PM)

I kind of went "Huh?" when I read this at CV:

Yeah, Ashes would have brought in some of the younger fans. It's a great song, as is Falling. I do like OMWH, but it's very much a Clay Aiken song. No surprise there.

Is there something wrong with being a Clay Aiken song? I mean, isn't it Clay Aiken singing? Aren't we fans of Clay Aiken?

D101!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(Claygasm @ May 16 2008, 10:32 PM)

I kind of went "Huh?" when I read this at CV:

Yeah, Ashes would have brought in some of the younger fans. It's a great song, as is Falling. I do like OMWH, but it's very much a Clay Aiken song. No surprise there.

Is there something wrong with being a Clay Aiken song? I mean, isn't it Clay Aiken singing? Aren't we fans of Clay Aiken?

I don't think so -- but since some people seem to think that, since Kipper said he'd help people say "THAT'S Clay Aiken?," Clay has to follow through with that "promise." Some fans want him to "shock" people. Eh. I personaly am glad he's singing OMWH -- it's his single, damn it.

CG, I haven't agreed with you much today, but on this, ITA.

I'm looking forward to all this, even the fans. Clay is to be enjoyed and savored, and I'm still on the first lick.

The acronyms in red .. someone please translate..

The hair was WAY too blonde and the Mr. Roger's sweater made him look like an old fuddy duddy. A CUTE old fuddy duddy but still. He looked soooooooooooo good in that one shot when Ryan was on. Why the hell did he change???

I'll agree that was a mistake - NOT that he looked like a fuddy duddy, but the colors were wrong or something. I'm a HUGE fan of the blond, but there was something about that outfit that did him no favors under those lights. I'm not quite sure what it was - and don't understand why they changed him out of the jacket. I gasped out loud at the first shot of him during the show, he looked so good. But then, he looked good while singing, so maybe the difference in the lighting in the studio was the problem. You know, maybe it was too bright in the studio - bright sweater, bright hair, bright lights. The darker jacket would have probably worked better because of the contrast.

Not even going to comment on the fan segment, other than to say I tried to fast forward my DVR and realized, to my chagrin, that I was watching live. <g> And I did nearly throw my remote during that commercial break between Ryan and Clay - dear god, I lost count!!

And his voice was wobbly on OMWH.

eh. Not that big a deal. He's been talking too much, most likely. He needs some rest, I think. The last four months have been brutal, from the sound of it.

I'm a bit glad he's taking a break - don't want my boyfriend to get sick. Although....maybe it's too late. Maybe he got that thing that happens when you're in college. You work super hard for months and then as soon as you slow down a bit you get sick.

Claytonic,

I think D101 is the new Duh

ITA is I totally agree

Oh, and Kyrie, is a song Clay sang on Kimmel a couple of years ago, he sung it as the show was going off air and so it was cut short and we never got to see the full version of it which was supposed to be really good. So some are using it as a verb to describe cutting a song short, which is what happened with Ashes, but Jimmy did say the full version would be shown on line.

I notice that it happens to you more late at night, maybe you are a day person, I am pretty grumpy in the morning and am a night person. I don't post much in the morning, I fear the reprecussions.

OMG are you off on that one! I am soooooooooo NOT a morning person!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe it was the gloomy day here.....

Don't get me wrong. I didn't HATE this appearance (although I did HATE the bust thing.... A LOT!), but something just felt off. I wish he had stayed in the hipper looking duds. I wish his voice hadn't sounded a bit wobbly. And I wish there weren't so many commercials!

And I guess there is a part of me that hoped that since this is likely his last appearance for awhile promoting this wonderful album it would be a memorable one that might actually have helped him sell some albums. I LOVE the song OMWH and I think in its CD form or the radio edit it could help sell albums. But this truncated version won't. The thing with that song is it builds. This version doesn't let it build so it just sounds slow and not very interesting. And the little we heard of Ashes also sounded slow and uninteresting. So that won't make anyone run to the store. Between that and the bust thing.......

Not the way I would have wanted this promotional cycle to end. Jimmy Kimmel is usually a highlight - and this wasn't. You know what's ironic to me? His appearances for ATDW seemed much more up and lively and he seemed to show much more enthusiasm - all for an album he wasn't happy about. And for this CD - one he is supposedly is so proud of and so him - he has just seemed off. I don't know what it is. Maybe he is just burned out - and understandably so. But he just hasn't been himself. He is usually his own best promotional tool. IMO that hasn't been the case this time round.

Here's hoping he will go home, get some rest for a few weeks and then maybe a revitalized Clay can make a few more appearances. Maybe he will get another chance at Craig Ferguson (someone said the musical guests on his show always sing 2 full songs). If not that, something. I am trying very hard to believe this is not the end, that it is only a vacation and he'll be back at work promoting the album before too long.

I'm thinking that since the song is so shortened for these appearances that he would be better off to start singing it full out like he was singing the second verse. IMO it is harder to sing softer and not have the voice crack a little especially when you're doing the first song.

I must be a fuddy duddy, I didn't think the sweater looked bad, but Heidi, you might be right about the lights in the studio.

Claytonic,

I think D101 is the new Duh

ITA is I totally agree

And to Kyrie Ashes would be exactly what they did - show a tantalizingly lovely bit and then brutally cut it off. GAH!!

I still don't quite get it, how is it that

D101 is the new Duh, and

Kyrie means to show something tantalizing and then it's cut off?

I need to get this off my chest....

If I read one more time that RCA FORCED Clay to release OMWH as the first single I may puke!!!!!! How did that ever become fact? Where did Clay ever say he wanted Ashes as the first single? Where did he ever indicate he and RCA were not on the same page when it came to choosing the first single? Yes, RCA ultimately gets to choose the single, but did he EVER indicate he was unhappy with the choice???????

:Ahh:

Ok, I think I need to get to bed. I have been up since 7am and its now 2:30am. I am just being a bitch today!

Know this. I love the hot singer man - even on his off days. We all have them (I'm obviously having one today!). Maybe when I watch the clack it won't seem so bad - except that bust segment will always be bad **shudders at the very thought of it**.

Really need to get to bed, but wanted to check in....hated the whole bust segment, thought it was really stupid and embarrassing...actually, I thought all the bits at the beginning were pretty stupid, so maybe it fit right in.

As someone said, I think Clay looked better singing due to the lighting and yeah, the green sweater was not my favorite and the hair was a little too blond for me...but he was still Clay, funny and personable. I bet he is really glad the promotion is over and he can go home.

I know a lot of fans are bemoaning the fact that we won't be seeing him for awhile, but I think that is a good thing...maybe it is time for all of us, fans and Clay to get back to some kind of normalcy and then in a few months start it all up again.

Book sale this week-end; so I will be gone most of the week-end, which may be a good thing considering the mood of the boards.

Kim

Well, CG I always thought your sense of humor came out during the day. I could be off. Day/night have a different meaning for me now.

I knowthose women inthe bust sequence. I can't tell you their names, but I know I know them. Ithink they were probably doing what was directed. As far as the guy, I did not get a "gay" thing from him, I think he was with his date. I just thought he was a Clay Dawg.

You may not have likedthe video, but Kimmel is not the first to come out with a clay of Clay and Clay had no gift for him because fans probably are gifted out and didn't send anything..

The Ashes comment come from the "rockers" of this fan group. I think it might be referring to their favorite chairs, but I could be wrong on that. Anyway in some interview Clay said that Ashes may be the first single and some people latched on to that for dear life. Now wouldn't it be funny if RCA wanted it to be the first single and Clay fought them on it?

Oh., poor Claytonic was never exposed to the thiong period, oh what she missed, heh.