#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Popping online for a short break. Ugh! Still working on things I thought I'd be done with by now.... <_<

Great news for your mil, Iseeme!

Lots of pretty pics of a pretty guy! :flirtysmile3:

:00003653: to kimiye! :balloons:

hmmmm I could have written that entire post....so I'll just word everything hee.

Popping online for a short break. Ugh! Still working on things I thought I'd be done with by now.... <_<

hmmmm I could have written that entire post....so I'll just word everything hee.

:word::word::word:

Recycling annabear's wonderful post as well... (how many times can we keep this up? Hee!)

:word::word::word:

hbd, kimye! :bday:

It's great to hear the good news about your MIL, Iseeme!!! :yess::confetti2:

*very sweetly* Oh Cotton, Texas is closer to you than California. KLP = yum! :bloomingflowers:

If Clay Aiken were a dessert, would he be key lime pie? Coconut macaroons? Banana cream pudding? LOL!

merrieeee, thanks for hosting us yesterday!!! The food was great and the TV perfect! It was fun to re-watch the JBT with keepingfaith and KAndre discussing things like whether or not Aretha and Gladys ought to be included in a Motown segment. My take on that? Hat looked great and pants were niiiiiice!!! What.

:polly:

And it was even more fun to stand in the doorway pretending to be saying goodby and instead engaging in a 4-hour debate conversation about American/World history over the last 50 years and speculating on the state of the nation for the next 6 months apart from our usual Pinky and the Brain evil plotting.

jmh, plans are still looking more like guidelines -- but getting better defined every day. Thanks for checking! Oh, and what was that other movie with the father from "Eat Drink Man Woman"?

Lastly,

:Iluvclaysbutt:

I love K-Lo! Funny, Lucky, but I"m more disappointed in her music. She sings stuff aimed at any young pop princess and I was hoping for more jazz/blues/sould..one of them - the kind of stuff she sings in concert. I buy her albums anyway to support her. Don't care about the other stuff. Nobody's perfect. And when I think back to the tour stuff, if I was gonna find issue with anything it would be Clay fans..worst I've ever seen. I can actually wrap my mind around CLay's position and her defensiveness. Clay fan reaction? Nope.

Yep, gotta agree that the reaction and angst to the fake tour announcement was not one of Clay Nation's finest moments. Ugh. And while I attended Kim's concert in Raleigh in 2004, I honestly don't remember a single thing she sang......was too busy ogling the geeky guy dancing and clapping not 15 feet from me. ;) When I saw her last year in Dayton, OH, she just sang her new stuff.....it was a dance club, after all. I guess her personality now just seems so far from her personality on AI2, it's a bit jarring to me. But I love her voice, will always love her voice. Would see her again in concert if she came close enough that I didn't have to stay overnight somewhere.

Whew, Mom's gone. Can get back online without having to hear a hundred times about how I spend too much time on the computer. :cryingwlaughter: If she only knew how much I usually spend on it.....I think I can hear goldarngirl cracking the whip from here. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, all this talk of key lime pie has me seriously searching the house for something sweet for dessert! Whose idea was it to only shop for healthy food?

Scarlett

If Clay Aiken were a dessert, would he be key lime pie? Coconut macaroons? Banana cream pudding? LOL!

Definitely Banana pudding. I would make it tonight if only I had vanilla wafers.

Happy Birthday kimye

:04: :00003653: :fest06::ole0: :hb2:

Definitely key lime pie. Tangy, sweet, delicious, and utterly irresistible! :hubbahubba:

I feel ilike I have to defend everyone now - I think Kim was lulled by this no name place that as trying to be snarky on the season and egging her on. I think Castro came across as dummb, but because I rad a lot, he actiually is more intelligent that most of the people who were on the show

What has Kim acutally said about Clay

he is not gay

he is not gay

He is not gay

he is not gay

He wrote something that insulted her and would you do that to a friend

But mostly she has refused to talk about him. I think he is probably still saying he is not gay, people just don't print it anymore because they don't have to print it.

When did Kim say this? Was it back in 2003?

Scarlett

Definitely Banana pudding. I would make it tonight if only I had vanilla wafers.

Clay is much too complex to be a banana pudding. My lioness can make a banana pudding :hysterical:

He's more like a peach cobbler. I have eaten many a peach cobbler in my day and let me say that not many people know how to do it right, striking that right balance between sweet and tangy ... not to mention the bready stuff inside. It has to be just right... a peach pie is not a cobbler heee. What the heck is a coconut macroon..a cookie?

Muski...hope things are going well in Portland and ya'll are all ready for the big conference!!

Iseeme, so so happy to hear that your MIL is home and all is safe there!!

Kimiye, :bday:

Oh, and what was that other movie with the father from "Eat Drink Man Woman"?

Pushing Hands. Ang Lee directed also.

Scarlett

Clay is much too complex to be a banana pudding. My lioness can make a banana pudding :hysterical:

He's more like a peach cobbler. I have eaten many a peach cobbler in my day and let me say that not many people know how to do it right, striking that right balance between sweet and tangy ... not to mention the bready stuff inside. It has to be just right... a peach pie is not a cobbler heee. What the heck is a coconut macroon..a cookie?

Muski...hope things are going well in Portland and ya'll are all ready for the big conference!!

Speaking of Peaches, how about Peach Ambrosia? Or Pineapple Upside-down Cake #69? Or, or a Bûche de Noël (Yule Log)?

*suddenly feeling inadequate because I don't know how to make Banana Pudding*

ETA:

and what was that other movie with the father from "Eat Drink Man Woman"?

Pushing Hands. Ang Lee directed also.

jmh - Thank you! :thankyou:

ETAA:

ldyjocelyn, is there any strawberry dessert with the word 'long' in it?

Scarlett

If Clay Aiken were a dessert, would he be key lime pie? Coconut macaroons? Banana cream pudding? LOL

I would say a good strawberry shortcake....multilayered, juicy, sweet, and with some good whipped cream on top. Yum.

CG, hope your throat feels better.

Iseeme, glad MIL was able to move back.

Happy birthday kimiye!

Hee -just talked to mil. She's sitting out on her porch in a rocking chair, drinking a martini, and "surveying her estate!" Her words! Says she doesn't know when she'll get the smokey smell out of her clothes. She is beyond thrilled and grateful. She baked cookies this afternoon and had my ex take them to the ranger station where some of the firefighters are. Says she's going to do it every day until they're gone!!! (not bad for 92, huh?)

Hmmm - if Clay was a dessert.......Creme Brulee! Creamy, cool, sweet, vanilla-y, flavors blending and melting in your mouth....but has that crisp, hard robust topping of sugar that's been caramelized. Throw in a few raspberrys or blueberries for interest...... :Thud:

Happy Birthday Kimiye

happybirthday.gif

And here's a pretty picture for you.

golf8.jpg

Oh come on now guys he has to be that classic English dessert!! Spotted Dick!

*very sweetly* Oh Cotton, Texas is closer to you than California. KLP = yum! :bloomingflowers:

Well, slightly closer.

I'm on the Coast of NC!

But - I'm not sure DH is gonna let go of any of this KLP!

It's one of his favorites and this is the first time I've ever attempted it. Solely due to the Free limes!!

It turned out pretty well. We'd like it a little less sweet. No sugar added, just the condensed milk every recipe I saw called for. And I made whipped cream from scratch! Yum!

Clay dessert?

um - He would be Chocolate Nut Dipped Banana!!!

Chocolate - addictive and an absolute necessity in life

Nut - the man is KA-RAZY in the best, yummiest way

Banana - _______________

you fill in the blank!

heh heh

Oh come on now guys he has to be that classic English dessert!! Spotted Dick!

bwah..what is that merrieee

Couchie it is a steamed dessert that is very "stick to your ribs" and it's made partly of flour, suet and raisins. It is always served with custard which to us is a creamy vanilla sauce served piping hot (not soft ice cream). It is really stodgy but oh my it is comfort food to the extreme. You can also get chocolate Spotted Dick too.

Mmmmm.... Clay as a dessert? Talk about finger lickin' good.... :31: We used to have a husband/chef & wife/baker restaurant here that had the most AMAZING white chocolate creme brulee!

Posted by Notacanuck at CH:

From LaLate.com:

Hollywood Hottest Body 2008!

Forget who in Hollywood has the hottest body. Rather, what would be the hottest Hollywood body if you could take the best of your favorite celebrities and put them all together!

LALATE today names its choice for Hollywood Hottest Body 2008 for men and women.

Men:

Eyes - Zac Efron

Smile - Chris Brown

Cheeks - Chace Crawford

Lips - LL Cool J

Heart - Clay Aiken

Attitude - Will Smith

Arms - Nelly

Abs - Matthew McConaughey

Tatoos - John Mayer

Ladies:

Eyes - Charlize Theron

Smile – Carrie Underwood

Cheeks – Marissa Miller

Lips – Angelina Jolie

Heart - Angelina Jolie

Attitude - Chelsea Handler

Chest – Janet Jackson

Abs - Paris Hilton

Ass - Kim Kardashian

Legs – Heidi Klum

:wub:

One of the many reasons I love the Broads' Tournament is it highlights Clay's versatility. You see so many different looks, styles, types of song, varieties of performance. And in every frickin' one, the man's voice is amazing.

One of the many reasons I love the Broads' Tournament is it highlights Clay's versatility. You see so many different looks, styles, types of song, varieties of performance. And in every frickin' one, the man's voice is amazing.

Oh man, is that true. ITA on all accounts.

This latest challenge WAS easy...and yet, in a way, it's very hard. I had to vote for Merrillville, 'cause I was there! Oh, and well, he kicked ass on that song that night. (Can you say that a religious song "kicks ass?") But I feel badly for the poor World Series appearance, because that was another "I'm so proud of him" night. If this had been up against almost any other of the choices we've seen so far, it would have had my vote.

These pairings are cruel. Gonna get worse too as we go along, I feel.

I tried stay away from making Clay be a dessert that he himself couldn't eat -- so no chocolate and no tree nuts. And sorry Scarlett, no long strawberry desserts. But maybe we could modify merrieeee's suggestion, using strawberries instead?

For some reason, it won't let me see the results of my vote on the Broads site. :P

I loved the World Series performance. I was so nervous for him that night. Come to think of it, I was nervous for Merrilleville too. Maybe my vote comes down to not which performance of Clay's was better, but how nervous I was for each song... :cryingwlaughter: