#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

I am sure it will be vaulted. No way I'm going over there. I hadn't even given a thought to paparazzi staking out the hospital - I kind of just assumed they'd already taken the baby home and were happily enjoying their new little bundle of joy. Silly me.

Whenever I see a reference to a romantic relationship or secret marriage, in spite of Clay calling her 'my very dear friend', I think WFT?? I think the reason is that many people think that Clay having a child through artifical impregnation methods with an older woman is evidence that he is gay. However, if he's secretly married, then some people can think they really are romantically involved, they've been goin' at it like bunnies for a couple of years and have been unable to conceive . That puts a whole different spin on it, thus, he's straight. And sadly, there are some folks that would run for the hills if he was gay, despite their saying that it wouldn't matter.

Sure, I think there are some fans who may feel that way....sadly. But I also don't think that his use of "friend" or even "dear friend" excludes a romantic relationship. As a few other people have mentioned, what is he supposed to call her? "Girlfriend" maybe? "Lover"? I don't know, I can see "dear friend" meaning a variety of things. I would love it if they are in a romantic relationship, but I don't need it to make me happy, or to justify anything. Ultimately, it's none of my business, anyways. There are lots of types of relationships that are fulfilling. All I know is he has seemed v.v. happy for quite a while, and he seemed over-the-moon happy, to me, in his blog. So it's all good in my books!

Disclaimer: The following post does not reflect the opinions of FCA, its administrators, moderators or posters. It reflects my opinion and my opinion only. This post is not directed at any one person or group of people. The use of the word "we" is general in nature and is meant to imply 'some' or 'many', but most definitely not 'all'. This post is not based upon any real knowledge or scientific evidence or poll. I frequently talk out my ass.

Can we steal this and attach it to all posts somehow?? :hysterical:

The hell with subliminal - I'll add it to the banners if y'all want.

ClayandParker.jpg

Boo-hooo, I don't have the software at work to rip the video. Hopefully someone else will have it. Apparently this happened yesterday -- and from the background noise, there were a lot of onlookers or other media there.

**melts into a puddle of goo at the sight of Clay holding his own baby**

Cleanup on Aisle 5....

Personally, I always keep a bucket handy, and in this instance...yep, I'm a puddle of goo at the bottom of a bucket!

How sweet. And he looks good too!

I have to admit, I didn't think about the paparazzi either, but I guess it seems they weren't too worried about it. Having Jerome around helps....

I've been away for the weekend, due to a family reunion, plus work is going to start getting very crazy for me, so I may not be around as much. But here is my key to the whole situation, and I know it's been said many times here before...

I'm happy when he's happy.

Over the past weekend, I kept finding myself repeating the name Parker Foster Aiken. (Maybe that's so I won't make the mistake that I keep wanting to do, which is "Parker Jaymes Aiken." Right luckiest1?) Anyway, I keep repeating the name, and thinking that it is a good strong name, and I love that his parents are keeping the family traditions alive.

I've also thought many time over the weekend about how loved this baby will be. Mom. Dad. Grandma. Uncle David. Uncle Brett. Uncle Jerome. Aunt Quiana. Aunt Angela. Many more there. And then, a bunch of Aunts (and a few Uncles) from the fandom.

What a lucky baby.

cindilu, love the banner. And Bookwhore, your disclaimer is fantastic.

CV has now vaulted the video, minus sound for the time being.

cindilu - As usual, your banner is wonderful!

I wonder if Parker's teenie tiny sock stayed on in the car...I need to find a goo bucket. :)

Oh my word! :hysterical: A friend I used to work with in my old job here sent me pics from her little girl's 2nd birthday back in May. I was chatting with her and asking how things were going. She told me that Marlise loves colors and cars and loves to point out "the red car" or "the blue car" when they're out and about. That's all fine & dandy - until they see a truck... Marlise is having a little trouble with her "tr" sounds, so you can imagine what truck comes out sounding like... and of course, she has to yell it out when she sees one! Hee! Look what Clay has to look forward to with Parker! :hysterical:

anna... BWAH!!! I have a 2yo DGD and they are so cute as they learn to talk.

ClayandParker.jpg

Boo-hooo, I don't have the software at work to rip the video. Hopefully someone else will have it. Apparently this happened yesterday -- and from the background noise, there were a lot of onlookers or other media there.

Awwww, Parker's little bootie is visible. Such a tiny baby -- reminds me of my daughter who was just over six pounds at birth and was just about two handfuls when we took her home. Clay looks mighty confident holding him.

kf... thanks for bringing this over. That little tiny bootie-clad leg sticking out is just darling! And, how confident is he to carry that baby in just one arm like that. It usually takes awhile to get that comfortable.

cindilu - As usual, your banner is wonderful!

I meant to say that too! Love it!

I wonder if Parker's teenie tiny sock stayed on in the car...I need to find a goo bucket. :)

Ok, that just did it for me!!! That's the perfect way to carry a newborn, supporting the head, like you were carrying a football. He looks so comfortable and confident...I just love him. That is his child!! Sigh!! :wub:

Anyone else thinking that Uncle Jerome might be made a godfather? Or maybe Uncle David or Uncle Brett? Anyone want to bet?

Eep.

I *heart* little, itty bitty baby feet. 25.gif

I will borrow them and repost in a few minutes if you don't want to give the site hits. They have some typically snide commentary with the photos, so I won't give them any more hits.

Aaaaaaand, ldyj posted while I was typing.

clay_aiken_pic.jpg

Look at that smile!

Bookwhore...I do understand what you are saying and I agree that there are probably a lot of fans that are holding on to the idea of a romantic relationship to ward off the gay specter. But I do think a lot of people are simply romantics at heart who would like to see Clay in a loving romantic relationship. Now saying that they would like to see him in one type of relationship does not mean they think a friendly relationship is bad or think he is making a mistake. To me...when you say a person is judging...it means they have made a pronouncement that something was bad or good. But sometimes some people simply would prefer one situation over another without thinking the other is bad. Its like choosing between chocolate and vanilla...there are times I like both but I usually prefer chocolate but I am not saying vanilla is bad. So just having a preference does not mean you have made a judgment about the intrinsic value of the other choice. Similarly..I think when Play suggested that they may actually be married...I think she was just making a point that we really don't know many details of their life. I didn't think she is judging them and saying they should be married.

AWWW those pictures are adorable... Jaymes is looking good!!! Don;t think she gained much weight...lucky her!!!

Found this and thought it was wonderful enought to share...

from claymate11 at the CB that's been making the rounds:

In 2006 Clay Aiken went to hell and back with the smear campaign that was rentless in an attempt to distroy him. Jaymes was obviously a source of comfort and strength to him during that time. The linear notes on ATDW spell out pretty clearly what she means to him. Clay has been hounded by the press and OTT fans for the better part of 5 years. I recall during the middle of 2006 many of us just wanted him to find happiness...to be in a peaceful place with people who LOVE him. He obviously has found such a person in Jaymes. I would consider them true soulmates based on my observations.

Clay has had problems with trust issues...no wonder! To have found someone who shares his life view and gives him unconditional love and support makes for a great union. This child is blessed to come into the arms of two committed, loving people who have a united desire to have a child and create a nurturing home for him. I call it love of the highest order and am happy that Clay has finally experienced the full force of it. We have NO idea all the troubles he has faced in recent years. What we do know is he is honest, decent and trying hard to live a life of service to others. He deserves my respect...and has it. Through example he continually shows how one person can make a positive difference in the world. Parker is lucky to have him as a father and Jaymes is blessed to have him as a parenting partner. Such joy they must feel! I hope they always remain as happy as they must be today.

Schmoopieness of the highest order!!!

I am just going to forget that video was from TMZ but everyone was looking good. Jaymes was looking great, loved seeing Jerome...the baby was so tiny!!!!

I agree ansa! After all, even tho TMZ broke the story, it turns out they were right!

I haven't even downloaded or watched the video yet. I think I'm on schmoopiness overload from the pics alone.

Clay. Carrying his first born child. His child. Oh my. *sniff*

ClayandParker.jpg

Awwww, Parker's little bootie is visible. Such a tiny baby -- reminds me of my daughter who was just over six pounds at birth and was just about two handfuls when we took her home. Clay looks mighty confident holding him.

Why do people think this happened yesterday? Wouldn't the video have been up yesterday, if that were true?