#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

bottle, you rock. :cryingwlaughter: And how sad is it that I get a little verklempt that he's half-Canadian? *sniffle*

ncgran4clay, that's so funny you posted that. I was just thinking a few minutes ago - well what's he supposed to call her? Girlfriend just sounds odd. Signifigant other? Even though I'd pay money to hear the words f--k buddy come out of his mouth, lolol. So yeah. I gotta say - I lived with my husband (who is signifigantly older than me) for a couple years before we got married, and I never knew how to introduce him. I could never make myself say the words 'my boyfriend' - was just too weird. And he wasn't my husband. Mostly I'd just say... this is ____ and leave it at that.

ncgran4clay, I agree with your friend. But even if we never hear about their relationship, it's okay with me. I love that Clay's a daddy since it was on his to do list. *g*

But I don't need to know if he's a husband, lover or friend. That's where I draw the line.

ETA: Funny bottlecap. :cryingwlaughter:

cindilu another great banner.

Can I ask what is probably a very dumb, but is, at least to me, a very serious question? My past relationships with the opposite sex have been pretty limited. I dated one guy before my husband, but not until I was 20 years old. I never had a lot of male friends when I was growing up. To those of you who have- was it possible to have a really close relationship with a male friend, without having it turn romantic? I guess I'm feeling that if I was that close to someone emotionally, I'd want the relationship to be romantic as well. How is/was it possible to separate the two?

I think this is why I have had problems processing the whole situation.

Shoot yeah. I've had male friends who were just friends. My BFF for the last 25 years is a guy. They're like brothers--the idea of sex or romance would be icky. It's not a dumb question, though. I think it's easier for some people than for others.

Can I ask what is probably a very dumb, but is, at least to me, a very serious question? My past relationships with the opposite sex have been pretty limited. I dated one guy before my husband, but not until I was 20 years old. I never had a lot of male friends when I was growing up. To those of you who have- was it possible to have a really close relationship with a male friend, without having it turn romantic? I guess I'm feeling that if I was that close to someone emotionally, I'd want the relationship to be romantic as well. How is/was it possible to separate the two?

I think its pretty possible to have a close platonic relationship with the opposite sex...specially if there is not much physical attraction. But if there is physical attraction I think its pretty tough to keep it in the friends level when people get emotionally close. I had a lot of close male friends growing up...only one ended up romantic...my hubby, but I always thought he was hot.

I also think its possible to have a platonic relationship with someone after a romantic relationship didn't go far. My daughter has a close friend like that...he was her bf for a week, hee. Then they realized it was easier to be friends so now there is no longer any chance of romance between them, just friendship.

eta: I think Clay has had a lot of practice having female friends. He had female roommates in University...he had more female classmates...he is surrounded by female friends, Kristy, Quiana Amanda in the early days...I do not add Angela to this list cos I do think that Clay has a different type of chemistry with her. There is more attraction there IMO.

I think this is why I have had problems processing the whole situation.

Yes it is. Some of my closest friends ever have been men and it was never romantic with any of them. My best friend in high school was a guy and we're friends to this day. My best friend from college was a guy and I had a very, very close friend I met about 9 years after college. They were (and are) my dear friends and I love them to death. But it was never, ever anything but platonic. Others often assumed it was because of how much time we spent together. I traveled with them, we were always together, so people just always assumed we were romantically involved.

Not sure I would have had a baby with any of them, but that's probably because I didn't want to have a baby with anyone!

You know, I think Clay said "dear friend" because that is what they are. Every article, every statement has said they are friends. I just believe if they were romantically involved they would have married when they decided to have a baby together. I also believe if they were married he would have said so when he made the birth announcement.

You know what they say. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it is probably a duck. He said they were friends, so chance are that is what they are.

CG I do agree that his use of dear friend does suggest a platonic relationship right now. I also think if they were married they would've said something. BUT I disagree that if they were romantic they would've gotten married. I do think its possible that Jaymes may not want to get married...we just don't know her feelings about that.

CG I do agree that his use of dear friend does suggest a platonic relationship right now. I also think if they were married they would've said something. BUT I disagree that if they were romantic they would've gotten married. I do think its possible that Jaymes may not want to get married...we just don't know her feelings about that.

Maybe. Hey, she may love him to death but not want to live with him! I hear he's quite the slob! :cryingwlaughter:

I appreciate the answers, everyone. I know that in this situation, as in everything, our own backgrounds and experiences color the way that we look at the whole picture. Coming from a very traditional background, it's sometimes a chore for me to look beyond what I know, to understand other points of view. I am trying!

My cousin and I got together yesterday to discuss the news, and ended up doing what we do best- retail therapy! Not surprisingly, we found our way to the nearest Gymboree, and picked out a couple baby outfits. I know someone here expressed the hope that the fans wouldn't bombard them with baby gifts, but we couldn't resist. We'll do the BAF donation thing too- but this was a very tangible way for us to come to terms with everything. We really do just want his happiness- and it's clear that he is absolutely "over the moon!"

And, as always- :013085001176249046:

cindilu... I LOVE the new banner, tho I adored the old banner and I hope we can have it again in the future!!!

Heading out for the wedding If any southern Californians can let me know the best way out of here on a monday morning that would be great. And can I bypass downtown LA altogether? I'm leaving from Oceanside

couchie... go north on the 405, take the tollroad (73 - $5.25) if you want to cut off some traffic, go north on the 55, to the 5 towards Santa Ana, to the 57 to the 210 West, back to the 5 North, all the way to the Livermore area from whence you should know your way. If not, let me know can I'll map the rest out for you. This avoids LA. Depending on the time you leave, you might run into traffic on the 55 by the airport, but the 5 shows up pretty quickly. As the 73 turns into the 55, stay in the middle lanes as the right lanes are changing freeways at a crawl if you get there 8am-ish. Then past MacArthur, you'll need the next to the right lane to get on the 5. Wave as you go by the airport cause I'll be about a half mile from you at MacArthur.

You'd think he was born wearing glasses or something. :imgtongue:

cindilu... BWAH!!!

YEAY! :manynanas::roundel:

Carrie's softball team won the tournament! Won five games straight! Woo Hoo! The championship game was a killer---very evenly-matched teams; 0-0 until the bottom of the sixth inning (game is seven innings) when we scored a run!

So we just had to hold them for three more outs....they actually loaded the bases! But we got them out and won our first tournament championship of this summer!

:EmoticonRingAround:

Yeay!

muski... tell Carrie congrats for me!!! Nothing better than a hard won battle, which I believe Clay believes all too well! :cryingwlaughter:

Ansa... I have always felt that even if Clay wanted to marry Jaymes she might refuse cause of her age and maybe even other reasons. I have a friend who has been engaged for several years and probably won't ever marry cause she would lose an enormous alimony if she remarried. There could be lots of reasons for not marrying.

Amazing. Clay becomes a father about 36 hrs ago, and the focus of the board is on one person. And that person ain't Clay.

I just saw this too! BWAH!!!!

Now if he had been born with glasses I would REALLY be upset!! :cryingwlaughter:

While I think it is possible Jaymes may have not wanted to marry Clay I tend to believe they are as reported - dear friends, as in platonic. It could be as simple as she desperately wanted a baby, she had no man in her life, didn't want an anonymous donor because she wanted her child to have a father in his life and knew Clay loved kids and would make a wonderful father and she felt comfortable enough in their friendship to go to him with the proposition. I can see that happening with them remaining just dear friends.

Boy that David Cook song is sure getting a lot of mileage during Olympic coverage!

Liney -- thanks for the directions! I have them and will try to go that way and yep I can make it from Livermore (the city of my birth LOL).

I love my family. Just back from a very traditional wedding for a very non traditional girl. In fact I'm shocked that it was so traditional. This girl has put her parents through all kinds of hell from the time she was 14 and finally she has turned it all around. I loved seeing her in her white gown, the tattoos running all down her left arm...the tattoos sneaking up out of the top of the bodice on her chest, and on the right side under her arms (she said that one hurt) to her breast. And then to be in this very plain gown, multi colored hair swept up and then to come riding in on a horse drawn carriage. I thought i was dreaming. And I knew when the party stated it would do me in but her first dance was to "I Only Have Eyes for You" and the hit songs of the night was Brick House Play that funky music White Boy. I was like who picked the music! It was like a 70s and 80s love fest with some moldy oldies from the 50s and 60s thrown in for good measure. Looking around the room at my family there were a lot of relationships that were unusual. My brother met his wife in an internet chat room. You have thought her bio mom would have balked at that but no it was the color of his skin that was the issue..yep even in the 1990s. She passed away and never got to see that the man that she so disaproved of for her daughter is a great husband and father.

I liked whoever it was that said Jaymes and Clay's relationship is committed. Yep, it is forever. They are committed loving friends and that is a special thing. There are a million scenarios that could still fall under that dear friend designation and by the time Parker is 18 I will have thought of every single one lol. I'll keep most of them to myself though :cryingwlaughter:

Ahem...now if anyone can help me find Kavanaugh's Money Can's buy You fan fic..other than EAYOR cuz I can't get in there for some reason... I'd be eternally grateful.

Here's a link for that OMWH Korean TV video as it appears on the web site....... same as the earlier one. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well the South Koreans have good taste!

Park Tae-hwan's win was Korea's first swimming medal. Oh and he's been training in Australia during the lead up to the Olympic Games (thought I'd just throw that in.... :) )

Here's the sendspace link, in case you have trouble with the flvs one like I did:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/83k2x0

My cousin and I got together yesterday to discuss the news, and ended up doing what we do best- retail therapy! Not surprisingly, we found our way to the nearest Gymboree, and picked out a couple baby outfits. I know someone here expressed the hope that the fans wouldn't bombard them with baby gifts, but we couldn't resist. We'll do the BAF donation thing too- but this was a very tangible way for us to come to terms with everything. We really do just want his happiness- and it's clear that he is absolutely "over the moon!"

Hee, I get ya. I was in a store yesterday and it took everything I had not to buy those cute little baby outfits on display. I don't promise that by the time the gala rolls around, I won't have one packed away in my suitcase for good measure. ;)

Ahem...now if anyone can help me find Kavanaugh's Money Can's buy You fan fic..other than EAYOR cuz I can't get in there for some reason... I'd be eternally grateful.

Ummmmm, yeah. I have it in a Word doc. If it was printed it would be dog eared. I'll email it to ya as an attachment. :cryingwlaughter:

couchie, that wedding sounds like it was a blast. :)

Amazing. Clay becomes a father about 36 hrs ago, and the focus of the board is on one person. And that person ain't Clay.

I just saw this too! BWAH!!!!

:lmaosmiley-1:

Good Morning Everyone,

47 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

:woohoo:

68 Days until The BAF Gala! :woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I appreciate the answers, everyone. I know that in this situation, as in everything, our own backgrounds and experiences color the way that we look at the whole picture. Coming from a very traditional background, it's sometimes a chore for me to look beyond what I know, to understand other points of view. I am trying!

laljeterfan, I know you already got some answers but just wanted to add mine because I'm probably at the opposite end of the spectrum. I always had some close female friends but in general I talk to guys better than to girls and find it easier to hang with them. Clay Nation was the first time I was in a mostly female group for more than a few months. Although it's been years now I'm still surprised when I look around once in a while or when I go join knitters or quilters groups.

Nice work on the banner, cindilu!

Please don't take this as my trying to tell you what to do, but since you happened to bring up buying baby clothes..... I saw rohdy mention on another board that where she lives, they have some sort of community baby shower to collect all kinds of items for babies in need. For those who want to buy things, or even those who like to make things, it might be nice to check around where you live to see if there's something similar.

Oh my word! :hysterical: A friend I used to work with in my old job here sent me pics from her little girl's 2nd birthday back in May. I was chatting with her and asking how things were going. She told me that Marlise loves colors and cars and loves to point out "the red car" or "the blue car" when they're out and about. That's all fine & dandy - until they see a truck... Marlise is having a little trouble with her "tr" sounds, so you can imagine what truck comes out sounding like... and of course, she has to yell it out when she sees one! Hee! Look what Clay has to look forward to with Parker! :hysterical:

My cousin and I got together yesterday to discuss the news, and ended up doing what we do best- retail therapy!
Not surprisingly, we found our way to the nearest Gymboree, and picked out a couple baby outfits.
I know someone here expressed the hope that the fans wouldn't bombard them with baby gifts, but we couldn't resist. We'll do the BAF donation thing too- but this was a very tangible way for us to come to terms with everything. We really do just want his happiness- and it's clear that he is absolutely "over the moon!"

Please don't take this as my trying to tell you what to do, but since you happened to bring up buying baby clothes..... I saw
rohdy
mention on another board that where she lives, they have some sort of community baby shower to collect all kinds of items for babies in need. For those who want to buy things, or even those who like to make things, it might be nice to check around where you live to see if there's something similar.

Don't forget Freecycle if you are collecting for babies in need. A friend of mine had a garage/yard sale before moving house and the amount of baby clothes leftover (for age 0 -3), some NEVER worn, still with tag,was staggering. This was an "only child" household.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLtL3xstQsU

Here is 16 year old Charice performing The Prayer with Bocelli in Tuscany... this came about via David Foster. When David Foster introduced her on stage in Vegas, he said that his sister emailed him about Charice after seeing her on YouTube. Maybe one day we could be seeing a Clay/Charice duet? I hope so!

ETA: The video quality is very poor, but you will hear how good they sound together.

The banner is brilliant. Cindilu, wish I had a fraction of your talent!

Oh my word! :hysterical: A friend I used to work with in my old job here sent me pics from her little girl's 2nd birthday back in May. I was chatting with her and asking how things were going. She told me that Marlise loves colors and cars and loves to point out "the red car" or "the blue car" when they're out and about. That's all fine & dandy - until they see a truck... Marlise is having a little trouble with her "tr" sounds, so you can imagine what truck comes out sounding like... and of course, she has to yell it out when she sees one! Hee! Look what Clay has to look forward to with Parker! :hysterical:

Hee, my nephew had this same problem as a toddler. I remember it being pretty hysterical when we took him out in public. :cryingwlaughter:

I think your idea for baby clothes is a good one!

Happy Asheville anniversary, everyone! What a fun 3 days that was last year!

ETA: This hilarious transcript by Shiness of the CH, of the bug banter.

C: It’s very hot up here…um, things are stickin’ to me…(crowd screams) …the bugs! …that’s disgusting! The bugs are…

A: I just killed it…it’s right there, you see…

C: (to A) I thought you were having a seizure over there during one of my songs.

A:…you see it…(Clay comes over)…it bounced off my back…

C: That’s humungous!

A: Yeah, and I stomped on it…

C: It’s still alive!

A: No, it’s not!

C: Just a little bit…

Q: Ooo, what is that?

A: I kicked the life outta that thing.

C: Well, you might have to go at it one more time.

A: It’s dead!

C: Jesse was back there testifyin’ (throws up hands) whenever a bug hit his keyboard…don’t, listen they’re bugs, we embrace them, like I said…

A: I don’t like bugs.

Q: Cityfolk, cityfolk…

C: Cityfolk…

Q: …cityfolk.

A: That’s right! That’s right!

C: Los Angeles and NY, they don’t know what they’re talking about.

A: I don’t like bugs.

C: The bugs…listen, we need…if they’ll buy a ticket they can come in anytime they want to, that’s all I‘ll say…some of these bugs are big enough to wear those t-shirts out there. Maybe they’ll buy one…um, after 2003, we did a Christmas album in 2004, and like my microphone…I like how the microphone makes me sound…(low voice) tough. Hey. Christmas album in 2004, then in 2005 we did absolutely nothin’, which mighta been my favorite. Nu…(jerks back)

Q: Country, country, country.

C: Listen, hey, listen…I didn’t scream like…nuthin’. Someti…but, it hit me in the face around 25 miles per hour. I’m gonna have a mark right here (touches left side of his face)…where it hit. You saw it hit me.

Q: I saw it, yeah.

C: Sometimes they’re bad, listen…who cares…and then in 2006…(glances at A, and starts crackin’ up)

A: Wait a minute. (A trying to get bug out of her blouse. Clay and Q doubled over in laughter. Q snickering like Ernie)

A: Wait a minute, I’m comin’ back.

C: That thing’s gonna get lost in there, Angela.

A: Wait, that’s not nice.

C: Could be a…could be a half hour before he finds his way out.

A: That’s not nice!

Q: All in your “glory!”

C: And what are you doin’? She’s holdin’ her…a light up to see if it’ll go toward the light. Is that what you’re doin’?

Q: Turn your back, Angela…no the other way…there you go.

C: She’s gonna come out dressed up like a nun now (pulling his collar up)…button up real tall.

A: It got lost for a second, but I …I helped it find it’s way out!

C: She had her cell phone back there, like this, hopin’ the bug would fly up to the light of the cell phone.

A: I said let me see your light…OK, I’m OK. Oooh…that was fun.

C: It’s a black hole down there

Q: It’s a family show…

C: …LITERALLY!

Q: You know what…

A: I can’t help it…

Q: …this is a family show

A: ..and I know.

Q: …you better STOP it.

A: Keep it classy…

Q: Come on now…

A: Stop it…

Q: We’re at the Biltmore, we gotta act high class.

A: I said ‘excuse me’ and I handled it BACK THERE.

Q: That’s right!

C: Well we’re all a family.

Q: All these cityfolk, we gotta act right.

C: I love how she was all about the joke, until she said this is a family show and then you started lecturing me.

A: What do you mean?

C: You’re like ‘I can’t help it’ (holds arms out pushing his ‘glory’ together and squirming around).

A: Well, I can’t.

C: (keeps pushin’ and squirming)

A: I didn’t do all that!

C: I can’t help it (mocking)

A: I don’t even need to do that.

Q: It’s the glory. It’s the glory.

A: I don’t miss the glory.

C: And then as soon as she starts getting upset you’re like, ‘Yes! You better BEHAVE’! (throws his hands on his hips). Putting my shirt up, buttoned like this (pretends to button up shirt).

A: I don’t even need to do that!

C: Enough said (holds up hand). 2006…2006…

A: He started it.

C: …(low voice) we did another album, called ATDW, this song right here...if God help…can help me get through it, I think I swallowed a bug a little bit earlier…

Happy Asheville anniversary, everyone! What a fun 3 days that was last year!

Asheville-08110713.jpg

Asheville-0811074.jpg

Asheville-08110710.jpg

Asheville-08110714.jpg

Since I'm at work, that's all I've got in my Photobucket right now. :)

ETA: Thanks for the transcript! We watched this Clack Friday night - actually, we watched the whole Asheville concert - and we were :cryingwlaughter: !