#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Well crap, I turned on 5th grader too late...totally missed the first hour and Clay...of course I did see it the first time it aired, but I was so looking forward to seeing him tonight.

But, hey, we got a sighting! :woohoo:

I bet he is getting his hair ready for Spamalot, hence, the color change! Cute that he was shopping for Parker, bet that little boy is going to be a little spoiled.

Kim

Hello, FCA!

I missed the first 20 minutes of AYSTAFG, but DH and I watched the rest. That was FUN!

He seemed like he had such a good time! And even though his goofy kid self came out now and then he was SUCH A MAN!! Thinking about the camps and being proud of HIS foundation!

I loved it!

DH and I have just been hanging out today. Watching some shows we had recorded, having burgers here at home, walking the doggie. Just hanging.

Fun.

Couchie it was fun reading your list! Kimmel was fun. It was so good to see him. And hear a few of the ATDW songs LIVE!

And watch Angie helping him pull his pants up! :lmaosmiley-1:

He looked so skinny though, that I was glad to see him put on weight in the coming year. (Even if it was due to Paxil.) He was too thin that night!

I, too, am very lucky to have seen him live quite a bit. That one Kimmel is the only TV appearance I've ever seen. But I have seen every tour at least once! And Bobblehead, Hockeygame and the Christmas parade! There were times it was good to be a Carolina Girl!

ETA:

*waves to FromClaygary!*

ETA:

:nightienight:

In a hotel room with hubby, brother in law and sister in law after the wedding's rehearsal dinner...and hubby called me over to see AYSTAFG, saying "Hey...you might be interested in this...." and there's greasy haired Clay, looking pasty and puffy, bless his heart...

but CUTE!

I'd forgotten how he kept grinding his teeth---boy, those jaws were working! Glad that's gone, too.....glad he's healthier and happier and all that....

Washing clothes when you're on the road ain't fun, by the way. <_<

Couchie you need to watch some Clack!

Helps revive the memory! :hysterical:

His jeans were falling off of him and Angie grabbed the waist band and was rolling it over and over to keep them from sliding off his hips! No. I'm not the least bit jealous of her. Why do you ask?

:lmaosmiley-1:

You know - I watch Clack from shows I attended and half the time I miss stuff that happened!

'Course - I'm never on the First or Second Row like the Clack Divas are, either!

Muski, the first time I saw 5th G, I felt the same way you did about how Clay looked. But I didn't get that feeling tonight at all! I thought he looked great! Last time I had "expectations" about how he'd look. LIke album cover look. Tonight, I didn't have that at all. He just looked like he was having such fun. He looked a little heavy in the face, but it was just so good to see him cutting up and Whatzizname being so respectful of him yet playful. I loved it.

Yeah, I'm glad he looked slimmer for SPAM. But I think just seeing him happy did me good!

Yeah, I miss him quite a bit!

Now I really am going to sleep!

I was in the store with a friend of mine. She is on her 3rd I -phone and is still having problems. I was checking out the door and planning my escape from the store when he came in. I was excited but no one else seemed to care. The worker helping my friend said he comes in every now and then. He had on tan long shorts. His shirt was a button down but It was not long sleeves. He had on slip on tennis shoes that looked like the old converse but updated and they didnt have laces. I was trying hard not to let on that I was watching him.

My friend was making fun of me because I was so excited and she said she would never let me live it down because I went to see Spamalot. I just wanted to share with someone who could get as excited as I was yesterday.

Hi Claygary! You cant know who I am because I've never posted before tonight. My daughter came up with the name today.

I'm heading back into lurksville unless I see Clay again. I don't care what anyone thinks.... He is so cute in person.

I was in the store with a friend of mine. She is on her 3rd I -phone and is still having problems. I was checking out the door and planning my escape from the store when he came in. I was excited but no one else seemed to care. The worker helping my friend said he comes in every now and then. He had on tan long shorts. His shirt was a button down but It was not long sleeves. He had on slip on tennis shoes that looked like the old converse but updated and they didnt have laces. I was trying hard not to let on that I was watching him.

My friend was making fun of me because I was so excited and she said she would never let me live it down because I went to see Spamalot. I just wanted to share with someone who could get as excited as I was yesterday.

Hi Claygary! You cant know who I am because I've never posted before tonight. My daughter came up with the name today.

I'm heading back into lurksville unless I see Clay again. I don't care what anyone thinks.... He is so cute in person.

Hi nc rocks. Thank you for sharing your sighting and your excitement. Can you tell us about the length of his hair? Long, short, in between?

He is really good-looking in person, nc rocks. And Spamalot was great fun, wasn't it? Hey, don't just lurk. Post a bit now and then. It's fun. Meanwhile, thanks for the sighting story. And if you want to meet up with a big fan in the area sometime, PM me. I'm not a serial killer, promise.

Was he with the woman on our left (his right) in this picture, by any chance?

275340198.jpg

post-784-1220071107_thumb.jpg

Oooh, the third degree for a lurker - we are tough cookies, but inquiring minds need to know.

I think it is cute to get excited at a sighting. Can't we be cute too, or is that just reserved for Clay.

I thought Clay looked good on 5th grader. I think I tend toward finding heavier guys better looking. I would be making too many cookies and feedingthem to him that he would probably get diabetes if I knew him as a friend.

I think the jaw thing is not retired, he was just under so much stress on TV tryingto figure out if he felt secure enough to chance the bet and get more camps and still haingthat guy talking to him in his ear while he was tgrying to think. I am surprised he didn't ask for a minute of silence so he could think.

3 weeks until I see Clay, must remember to bring binoculars. I brought them down to the beach because it is dolphin migration time again through the month of Septemeber.

Good thin I got to complain to Fear about my day, you are all spared my financial weirdities, just don't try and straighten out all the bank and credit card stuff in one day or you will want to stick your head in the oven..

Good evening! Good evening! Good evening! I am home and so thankful to be here. The services for my mil were really very, very nice. All her grandchildren spoke and told stories about her (some I had never heard - like at the age of 85 chasing my son's half-brother and his friend with a paint ball gun all over the orchard and the neighbors thinking someone was trying to rob her.....) My g-daughter was pretty upset most of the day. When my son spoke he really had to hold it together because she was hanging on his every word. Anyway, I saw people I haven't seen in years and we all gave her a great send off.

AND the traffic wasn't nearly as bad as I had imagined. The last leg from son's house to Pioneer was totally smooth. Whew!

I like the new thread title!

Need food. Hope everyone has had a good couple of days. My travel buddy in Louisiana is planning her evacuation if necessary - always scares me and I've been through this more than several times with her. I hope if we have any folks in the path of this latest storm that they're okay!!!

Keldanker! whoo hooo :thbighug-1:

bwah I didn't even pay attention to the fact that there was a new thread title.

ok who are the lonely souls that voted with me for clickables and lickables..I loved that one with much passion.

Seeing 5th grader in person I have to say I was just way too taken with his mind that day. I think there will always been things to make Clay nervous enough to bring out the teeth grinding. I don't think it's a happiness thing. That was pure stress. I know I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself on national TV or make a stupid mistake and lose all that money. My favorite part was watching him work through his answers. I think I held my breath a lot that day.

In a hotel room with hubby, brother in law and sister in law after the wedding's rehearsal dinner...and hubby called me over to see AYSTAFG, saying "Hey...you might be interested in this...." and
there's greasy haired Clay, looking pasty and puffy, bless his heart...

I remember thinking that when I watched it. He really looked unwell at that time. It shows mostly in his eyes, I thought.

NC Rocks (and it does, by the way), please don't go back to lurkdom! We love new people here, and I LOVE Clay spottings.

Just made my day.

Okay - tummy is full and one glass of wine is already on board.

I loved Fifth Grader - JMO, but I didn't think Clay's hair looked greasy or that he looked unwell. I think he might have been packing some extra weight but I thought he looked handsome. He actually might not have had much makeup on and he is pretty pale. But I especially loved Sierra ....when they asked her what she liked and she looked at Clay and said "well, I like you!" What a little cutie and to have such good taste at such a young age! :cryingwlaughter: I don't know - guess I didn't get that intense looking at him during that show...just saw that he was nervous and wanted to do the best he could for TBAF and that he could keep up with JF in the wit department. I think Foxworthy used to make some jokes about him but by the end of the show you could see Jeff had developed a respect for Clay!!! I think it was interesting - Clay was "on stage" but not singing! Couldn't slip into that "entertainer" persona so easily and just was himself.

Glad to see that Scarlett ( :F_05BL17blowkiss:) and KAndre met up without mishap. Or at least I think it was without mishap - no telling what went down in the old thread! Bwaahahaha.

eta: Welcome to NCRocks! And thank you for sharing the "sighting" with us!

Hey this made me post finally!!!

Welcome nc rocks and thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure it was exciting for you!!! Love the fact he was shopping for Parker...can;t wait to see the new hair.

well this new job is really eating up my posting time...Its 40 online hours a week!!! so whats left of my computer time is enough to just read and keep up with the adventures of Scarlett and Kandre.

That is why I have been a bit lax on the the banner changing...oh and the problem that we do not have any new banners!!! sniff...

You guys just keep having interesting conversations!!! Its getting hard to jump in with a short post when I want to comment on so much.

OH NO!!! I fell asleep for AYSTAFG!!!

Oh no!!! I see the spork on the CITH assignment. I will have to bow out on that one...really no time lately. I have neglected FCA website and that is going to be my priority as my girls go back to school full time next week. Maybe after that I can start listening to my song.

Glad to hear about your NYC adventure CG...all I can say is that ...I WILL BE SEEING SPAM IN JAN!!!

I know how it is about missing something Clay because of family and finances. Just happy that this job will make it possible for me to make the trip and the girls are old enough that a week away won't be such a strain to the family.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for sharing, nc rocks! Welcome!!!

:welcome23:

K and I will be flying back to the outer edge of the storm before it hits; we should be home on Sunday night. I'll be filling my bathtub and washing machine with water (that's for flushing -- should I get kitty litter too just in case I really run out of flushing water? ewwww!) and getting some no-cook supplies.

*Gibby stealthily creeps in from work to post a few mosacis on the first page. Sssshhhhh!*

Thanks, Gibby! and Cha cha! :thankyou: And btw... we could use some on this page too!

ETA:

Or at least I think it was without mishap - no telling what went down in the old thread! Bwaahahaha.

Oh, there were lots of adventures and opportunities ("mishaps" to you) but they are yet to be told. They're not in the old thread because we're not caught up either. I hope we don't have work on Tuesday but we have power so we could get all the stories written and pictures uploaded. :hello:

ETAA:

Today was a mall and driving day, but I did get to stop at one of the largest bead stores in the country (Caravan Beads) and spend several hours there indulging my (other) obsession, to the detriment of my Mastercard....and when I took a quick jaunt through Macy's at the Maine Mall, I found a 2-piece dress which I am thrilled with, for the Gala! Regular $200-something, on sale for $71, rang up at $55...and it looks great! How much better could that be!! Now we're down to the shoes....I hate shoe shopping.

FromClaygary, thanks for sharing your adventures. I'm especially interested in seeing some of the beads you found!!! Have a safe trip home. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

EYATA:

The services for my mil were really very, very nice. All her grandchildren spoke and told stories about her (some I had never heard - like at the age of 85 chasing my son's half-brother and his friend with a paint ball gun all over the orchard and the neighbors thinking someone was trying to rob her.....) My g-daughter was pretty upset most of the day. When my son spoke he really had to hold it together because she was hanging on his every word. Anyway, I saw people I haven't seen in years and we all gave her a great send off.

Your MIL played paintball at 85!!! She totally rocked! I'm glad the services were very nice. I know it's not a good thing to have a memorial service but otoh it's a good way for people to catch up with family.

Love reading about the siting and the questions! Thanks, nc!

Couchy, another Sacramento fan - what a great show!! And the ATDW/Kimmel concert was just fantastic - he was just on fire and that fire just didn't translate to tv, IMO. I remember thinking when watching it that you just can't capture that kind of energy. The Virgin records signing was fun, too, although the wait in the hot sun wasn't the best. Speaking of hot, gosh, he looked hott that day! My avi is from his walk from Virgin Records to Kimmel. The Cali 4fer was a blast. I wish I had met you there. I'm not sure that I had discovered this place then. Wasn't the San Diego bus line amazing? LA, too, for that matter - Clay stopped for just a second to say hello to a little boy close to me. Each venue was so different. Pala was my favorite, mostly because of the Flat Clay Serenade. What a sense of humor! Two couples were in front of us - NJU folks - and the men just had a great time with the Serenade. Both couples were pleasantly surprised at how well they liked the show - none knew much about Clay, they just liked to go to concerts in that venue. Ah, good times!

Sorry, but the man's hair was/looked greasy on Fifth Grader...Three people I know who saw him on the show when it first aired mentioned to me that they saw him and that he seemed kind of..."unkempt" was one word I remember. All three commented on his hair, saying it looked kinda dirty or greasy and all mentioned that he sure had put on weight, etc. (These are all people who only knew him from AI.)...My husband commented on the hair when he saw him on this show and during AI 2 Rewind spots---that he didn't look healthy and that his hair was "oily"...

I agree. Put a picture from Fifth Grader next to another picture of him during that time with the same hair style when it was NOT greasy and it's pretty obvious that on this particular night, his hair was either not too clean and fluffy or he had mucho product on it and it made it look greasy. Whatever. It was greasy. I'm not condemning the man or suggesting that because his hair was greasy he's not worthy of my adoration :cryingwlaughter: --I'm just making an observation. I still love him, but his hair was greasy that night. I, on the other hand, have NEVER had greasy hair... :whistling-1:

Grinding? I remember noticing it in Houston during DCAT and I'd never noticed it before. It might be just a Clay-ism, but I really think the Paxil must've made it more pronounced because he really did seem to do it a lot during that period. (Hubby asked me if he had a bad tooth or something! heh :lmaosmiley-1: ) No doubt stress with or without the drug side effect would enter into it; Lord knows I twirl my ring more when I'm stressed.

Bottom line for me---Clay has some good days and bad days re: how he 'looks'---imagine that!?!! :rolleyes: Just like we all do. To me and to those casual viewers I mentioned above and to my husband (who, by the way, always comments when Clay looks good, too!), Clay's overall "look" on this particular appearance was 'less than'... I happen to think this man is sinfully photogenic and can look out-raaaageously HAWT more times than not.

Now if you really wanna see some 'less than' photos, let's take a look at some recent pics of moi! :scream:

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! :Ahh:

As I recall the story, Clay was supposed to be filmed after Kellie and then she did not come out for some reason and Clay had to go out early. I think he just did something fast to get out there, Idoubt if he was &quot;greasy&quot;, probably a quick fix to get him out. I don't want to say why Kellie did not come out because it would only be a guess, could have been any reason.

Personally, if I had to pick a worse hair session it would be AI rewind. I would have preferred 5th grader hair there, although who knows how they did that show, since it was so half ass.

By the way, I guess we should not complain about how the filming of AI2 went, with the season 3 and 4 together and a special show just for Carrie, they are going to be running stuff together really bad!

From TWOP - but there are tons of audition hours, but only a few show hours. Who neds twice as much audition stuff and only 2 hours for the entire top 12 season?

01 Season 3 Auditions- New York

302 Season 3 Auditions- Atlanta

303 Season 3 Auditions- LA/SF

304 Season 3 Auditions- Houston

305 Season 3 Auditions- Hawaii

306 Season 3 Most Memorable Moments (Top 12 to 6)

307 Season 3 Most Memorable Moments (Top 6 to Finale Results)

308 Season 4 Auditions- Washington DC

309 Season 4 Auditions- Cleveland/ Orlando

310 Season 4 Auditions- St. Louis

311 Season 4 Auditions- New Orleans

312 Season 4 Auditions- Las Vegas

313 Season 4 Auditions- San Francisco

314 Season 4 Hollywood Week Special

315 Season 4 Semifinal Special

316 Season 4 12 to 10

317 Season 4 10 to 8

318 Season 4 8 to 6

319 Season 4 6 to 4

320 Season 4 4 to 2

321 Season 4 Finale and Results

322 Season 4 Carrie Underwood Special

Oh you had some agreement Muski but you know there will always be five sides to any statement made about Clay. Even in the studio I didn't watch monitors, just Clay so he looked fine to me. I'm not much of a visual person - never have been and am just not that observant or caring about looks that when it comes to most people, let alone Clay (cuz I look like shit most of the time). That was one of my most favorite days and was actually surprised at the hair angst when I finally hit the board that evening. Now knowing about the Paxil just makes his weight gain understandable to me. I certainly didn't think he looked unkept. and the smarts and sweetness was just the highlight for me. I grinned all the way home on my flight. But I know one thing I sure wish I could blame one of my 3 medications for something. Throws pizza box in the trash.

Surprisingly the only thing I didn't get used to quickly with Clay was the blonde hair. It seriously took months...it wasn't a bad feeling just an odd one for me cuz seriously my feelings about Clay and his looks and his hair has always been...it will be different next week. Now when I go back and look at picture of newly blonde Clay I love them a lot now. And don't tell CG but eyeliner Clay was HAWT... broadway cares day? SERIOUSLY HOT. hmmm who has that clannah picture walking down the street in their photo bucket.

I wanted to thank everyone for supporting FCA with the pin orders. Thanks to you all and to Caro for getting the word out we went from please please please let us be able to sell the 100 each minimums so I don't have to come out of my own pocket to YAY we will probably be ordering from 250 to 300 each. Thank you and great job Cindilu2. Order page is still up and will be up for a bit...I'll give you some warning when we're getting low and as always if you want me to put aside for you, juet PM me and let me know.

FCA including FCA lurkers :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro :F_05BL17blowkiss: and Ideal Idol who also picked it up...

Thanks again

ETA: WOW that Idol season 3 and 4 season combined of rewind is WHACKED. Can you imagine if that were Clay's season...we would have rioted in the streets. Season 3 was not good frankly...other than Jennifer *my favorite* and Fanny (yes I know she's an acquired taste* and season 4 had Bo who I liked but Carrie was boring as hell on season 4 (she's been great since the show and I'm a fan now) but damn! That's quite shocking really. Is that really right?

I thought AI2 rewind was great Play. Sure they didn't show everything but we got a lot of new footage, lots of Clay... I think what was missing was the group sings and commercials because to me those were a highlight of the season. I wish those could have been included somehow because most of the seasons just didn't do the group thang well.

Sorry, but the man's hair was/looked greasy on Fifth Grader.
..Three people I know who saw him on the show when it first aired mentioned to me that they saw him and that he seemed kind of..."unkempt" was one word I remember. All three commented on his hair, saying it looked kinda dirty or greasy and all mentioned that he sure had put on weight, etc. (These are all people who only knew him from AI.)...My husband commented on the hair when he saw him on this show and during AI 2 Rewind spots---that he didn't look healthy and that his hair was "oily"...

There are 3 distinct occasions where I didn't like Clay's hair, even though on all three occassions his hair was dark (the right color for me!!)

1. Fifth Grader

2. Season2 Rewind

3. Neil Sedaka Tribute

I loved his hair on Tyra and during the ATDW promotion. I am not crazy about the Spam blond hair earlier this year but I still preferred it to the above three occasions. I don't like "clumped" bangs, that DOES make the hair look greasy. I totally agree with Mr Muski's description. In fact, it crossed my mind for those three occasions that Clay must have been running late and just did not have time for proper hair and makeup session. On Tyra and so many other occasions, his hair and make-up for TV looked perfect, whether I loved the style or not, he looked as if he had been professionally "done". E.g. his hair during the early days of Season 2, that very dark flat-ironed hair, I didn't like it BUT it looked as if it had been done by hair and makeup, not rushed.

When all is said and done, most people on TV/movies without professional hair/makeup look very ordinary, or worse.