#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Twinkies. I think they have a shelf life of 100 years unless they have invented a new organic Twinkie which would have a shelf life of 1 week.

I'd go for canned goods along with fruit, bread, preserved meat and cheese. Oh don't forget the raw nuts too. I like almonds. Cereal and you can get that milk that is preserved in boxes. Don't forget ice to put in coolers. We've lost power several times for days on end. Propane if you can use it too.

100 years?!! LOL! I'll get a box of Twinkies along with some fruit, bread and cheese. And preserved meat = spam? Hee! I only eat raw nuts when I'm on a diet, would peanut brittle or pumpkins seeds be a good equivalent? I'm more used to the canned evaporated or condensed milk than those preserved in boxes. I wonder if the boxed ones taste better.

In honor of wandacleo's dinner I'll have some heat & eat Palak Paneer tonight because I'm too exhausted to cook. Never thought I'd like this but it's now one of my favorites.

ETA. I counting my pennies already! But first to NewYorkalot!
lilyshine & jmh, I'm also counting pennies and days too but I know it.will.happen!

The girls, SIL and I did an authentic Indian supper once...everything from scratch...we were tired in the end and the Kitchen was a mess but the supper was delicious. Then one day I was in the grocery store and I see these bottled Indian Sauces...papadams and basmatti rice. I could have

recreated our dinner by myself...hee

Me too! I now keep those instant sauce packs because they cut down on time tremendously. Do you also have lots of Filipino Tamarind soup mix?

Ansa Here's the menu:

Sambhar dhal (spicy lentil soup with chopped vegetables and coconut-- squash, eggplant, potatoes, onions, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes).

Medu vada--pureed lentils mixed with spices, onion, chilis and deep-fried to float in the soup. (Like a spicy light salty donut).

Pohe--spicy parched rice with chilis and peanuts

Paratha--fried flat bread.

I just finished chopping the cilantro that gets sprinkled on everything. Everything else is in some stage of preparation. I have to fry the medu vada at the last minute and finish the pohe right before dinner too.

I will fry myself a paratha in a few minutes as a test. I just had a big bowl of test dhal. I'll be stuffed like a damned toad by the time I serve dinner.

Wish you all were here!!!!

Oh I wish I were there too! Any chance for pictures?

Aloha,

I'm still a little lost over here, but will find my way soon, I'm sure.

Welcome, BettyJean! :welcome23:

I love, love Indian food and feel just like bellying up to wandacleo's table tonight. Just read the book

The Space Between Us: A Novel by the Indian author Thrity Umrigar, a wonderful, emotional read. I highly recommend it!

Glad to see you back woo! Do you like Indian movies too?

wooo woooo for wooooo heee

Nice to see you. I just love that name and smile when I think of you changing your usual screen name to woo lovereyes. It's just really cute.

SO I'm all alone today. For the past few days I had noticed a little slip backwards for my mom... not with depression but with her anxiety. So that was a bit depressing. It's no where near as bad as it was though and I had my sister take her on a little road trip. Just getting up and taking a shower and getting dresses up and hanging around different people (not to mention that cute little pooch) will probably be good for her.

Wandacleo..hope your dinner turns out well. Cracking up at your tasting everyting. Hey I do that when I cook. Have to get it just right!

{{{Couchie&mom}}} I will try to post on the caregivers thread about things I learned while visiting my aunt. I think she is receiving excellent care.

Sambhar dhal (spicy lentil soup with chopped vegetables and coconut-- squash, eggplant, potatoes, onions, Brussels sprouts, tomatoes).

Medu vada--pureed lentils mixed with spices, onion, chilis and deep-fried to float in the soup. (Like a spicy light salty donut).

Pohe--spicy parched rice with chilis and peanuts

Paratha--fried flat bread.

OMG wanda you are making me hungry! I know some basic Indian cooking, as taught to me by my next door neighbour a few years back, but nothing as involved as what you are describing. She was of East Indian descent but she was raised in Liverpool, England. Her husband was Punjabi. I used to love to watch her cook, and I always took notes, because she never used a recipe for anything. I actually had my hand-written instructions out to make some dahl yesterday, but never got around to it. Now I am inspired again! Hope your dinner turns out wonderfully........it sounds yummy!

I love, love Indian food and feel just like bellying up to wandacleo's table tonight. Just read the book

The Space Between Us: A Novel by the Indian author Thrity Umrigar, a wonderful, emotional read. I highly recommend it!

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm always looking for new books to read. Nice to see you posting again. Welcome to all the newbies or even to those who haven't been posting for a while but have decided to delurk again. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So today luckiestdaughter and I made the 2 hour drive into Toronto to get her room set up for school. She will be staying in my mother's basement there, and let me tell you, I had no idea how old some of the furniture down there was. I discovered that my mom had been using the kitchen table from when I was about 5 years old, for a computer desk! Hee. Good thing she wasn't home when we chucked that sucker out the back door, along with some broken old bookshelves. Then we made a trip to Ikea for new stuff, on what I swear must have been their busiest day of the year! Everyone is going nuts for back-to-school time, I guess. What a mad house. We actually had to wait over half an hour in line, just for a cart! I was so glad to get out of there. We listened to OMWH both ways in the car, along with the bonus tracks, and it's funny how we never get sick of it, neither of us ever wants to change the cd, we love it so much. :wub:

Aloha,

I'm still a little lost over here, but will find my way soon, I'm sure. Just wondering where do I post any blends I make of CLAY. in this thread or somewhere else?

Anyone who may come to Hawaii, just let me know and I'll be glad to be a tour guide.

Hoping all those in the possible path of Gustav are in a safe area now. I know about those hurricanes, not nice, but we haven't had any since our Cat.4 one 16 yrs. ago, (knock on wood!!!)

By the way LALUVSCLAY, we were from Orange county 26 years ago. The weather, etc. over here is better since we do get those nice shower blessings off and on. LOL

BBL, Betty Jean

Aloha, Betty Jean, and welcome to FCA! :hello:

Wandacleo, how big is your table? I think we're all coming to dinner! :lol:

Safe vibes to all on the Gulf Coast! :thbighug-1:

Happy Labor Day, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro listen.gif

This is a very enjoyable board, glad I signed up!!! Of course you all are making me hungry talking about the different ethnic foods. Our daughter married a Filipino many years ago and I learned some of their good dishes. Of course Hawaiiian food is ono (good) also. LOL

Here are a couple of blends I made recently, one is funny. I like doing them as it keeps my mind busy andit's fun.

8-29-08REALMEwallpaper.jpg

The fun one!!

8-29-08JAZZTIME.jpg

Well it's looking more and more that Houston may have dodged the bullet. And here I was all prepared to have guests...I even cleaned!!! I have been feeling guilty about the time Rita was coming in. All those people stuck in their cars and we had no problems at all. We spent the day in the pool having no idea what was going on on the roads.

Oh well if it comes our way in the future I'll welcome one and all!

I love Indian food. Hate to cook it...I hate to cook anything!

Love Indian movies! OMG Sharuk Khan is to die for! I love Indian music too especially Bangra. It just makes me want to get up and dance.

Thanks for all the "good" pics of Clay. I adore the AMA ones!

Aloha,

I'm still a little lost over here, but will find my way soon, I'm sure. Just wondering where do I post any blends I make of CLAY. in this thread or somewhere else?

Anyone who may come to Hawaii, just let me know and I'll be glad to be a tour guide.

Hoping all those in the possible path of Gustav are in a safe area now. I know about those hurricanes, not nice, but we haven't had any since our Cat.4 one 16 yrs. ago, (knock on wood!!!)

By the way LALUVSCLAY, we were from Orange county 26 years ago. The weather, etc. over here is better since we do get those nice shower blessings off and on. LOL

BBL, Betty Jean

BettyJean... WELCOME to FCA!!! What part of Hawaii do you live in? I'm coming at the end of Sept to Maui. Staying in Kihei.

Welcome back to some others who are just showing their faces (sorta). :cryingwlaughter:

Loved the news about QVC. I have a feeling that things are picking up a bit for Clay and in a good way! Maybe cause summer is over and we know where he'll be for a few months and it's a good place to be. I can't wait to hear how he'll change things up next... and he will! I'll be he's just so happy to get to see Tom and Rick again, oh and David Hibbard, too.

Course the man is going to have to get enough sleep to do 8 shows a week. Oh, I remember it well! :cryingwlaughter: I remember the first time one of my kids or grandkids slept 6 straight hours it was major celebration time.

I discovered that my mom had been using the kitchen table from when I was about 5 years old, for a computer desk! Hee. Good thing she wasn't home when we chucked that sucker out the back door, along with some broken old bookshelves.

I love that you share Clay with your daughter. Now, this above cracked me up. EVERY TIME my mom leaves the house for more than 2 days I get rid of so much stuff. She never notices that it's gone. The kitchen is the worst..I swear we had peices from every set of glasses, dishware, silverware, we ever had from the day I was born. And I've never seen a person save so many jars and plastic crap heee.

Thanks for sharing your blends Betty Jean.....

GROANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

That's me after finally getting my kitchen cleaned. My dinner was a smashing success--everyone raved about the food and had seconds. Good thing because I worked like a damn dog all frigging day, and I'd have grabbed anyone who complained by the hair and heaved her out the front door.

Honest to God, talk about time-intensive!! My heart goes out to all of the women of India because if they cook like this everyday, then the sisterhood of women around the world should be embracing them.

I'm so tired.

Those of you who beliong to the OFC and need a good laugh should go to the Spamalot vs touring thread - to read amatuer actors critique of Clay's acting - you see they felt he was playing for laughs instead of staying in character - in a Monty Python Play :lmaosmiley-1: BWAH - going back in history to the original Monty Python, tell me, what character did the minister of silly walks keep or did he play it a bit wide for laugh or or did the actors properly gioce the dead parrot the seriouslness that subject deserved? or maybe someone just doesn't have a sense of humor? On the first show that Clay did, I did have a critique and that was that he was taking it all too serious, but by the 4th? show, I thought he nailed it. Monty Pythion is not a show for people who are very shakespearean, but for the improve type of actor - you need to react in that show so much and to suspend disbelief - it really isn't about real life, in case some one actually thought it was supposed to be realistic.

I think we need a new emoticon for acting advice for clay to go with this one :wordpooper: I just had a serious time keeping in my chair and not falling to the floor laughing at that part of the thread.

Oh well, I have to get going.

Congrats on your party Wandacleo

Very odd, so many lurkers and only one other member here - not even anponymous people.

Come on - sign in, you know you have something to say!,

Oh good an anonymous user, oh wait, that is me.

Back on acting - it is funny there is usually one scene in some shouws that are so uncharateristic to me and catch me by surprise - with Clay, the best scene I saw him in was sorting trays in the realistic non-funny part of Scrubs - it struck me as odd becuase he looked perfectly serious doing it, as if it was really his job. It is an odd scene to be hung up on, but what can I say we all see things differently. I can take it if you laugh at this.

Tried on the dress, definately need a slip; fortunately I already have one that will work...just need to go out and get a strapless bra. Slipped into the shoes and walked around a bit, they are pretty comfortable and I think I should be able to make it up and down the aisle without tripping (God willing!). The jacket to the dress comes with shoulder pads which I am thinking of taking out...never liked shoulder pads and I really don't want to go to my daughter's wedding looking like I should be playing quarterback for the Chicago Bears. Only problem is; I worry if I take them out if it will affect the fit of the jacket. All in all, I looked pretty darn good if I do say so...not as many bumps and bulges to cover up as I thought.

Times like these I really hate men...they have it so easy...just shower, shave, put on a suit and go!

I asked hubby if had a pair of black socks to wear with the Tux and he pulls a pair of brown socks out of the drawer...I say no, those are brown...he pulls out another pair...nope, navy blue. Guess I need to go out and buy him socks and give him a once over before we leave that day.

Lurved eyeliner Clay...kinda had a David Bowie thing going on there!

Kim

ITA KIM! Worst thing is most men also look great in a tux, that whole suave thing. My hubby will often comb his hair and use the electric razor at the traffic lights too!!!

If you are worried about your shoes have you tried "Happy Feet"? I don't know what the name might be in the USA but Dr Scholls makes a whole range of silicon pads you can put in your shoes. I use the ones that stick in your shoe under the ball of your foot and provide much cushioning and also stop your foot from sliding forward. (Often a problem when you put panty hose on ) I find these a great help.

GROANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

That's me after finally getting my kitchen cleaned. My dinner was a smashing success--everyone raved about the food and had seconds. Good thing because I worked like a damn dog all frigging day, and I'd have grabbed anyone who complained by the hair and heaved her out the front door.

Honest to God, talk about time-intensive!! My heart goes out to all of the women of India because if they cook like this everyday, then the sisterhood of women around the world should be embracing them.

I'm so tired.

Sounds yummy Wanda! Is all Indian food very spicy? There is an Indian restuarant near my home and I have been wanting to go there but we are not big on chillis etc.

Good Luck to anyone in the path of Gustav!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Favourite(only) time seeing Clay? Easy- SPamloverlySpam!! No stage doors, no Hannah, but still gives me that ICG!!

When will I win Lotto?

Welcome to the Newbies!

Many Thanks NCRocks, I love hearing about these sightings. It sort of puts my mind at rest, that he is out there not being hassled or chased by Paparazzi, just enjoying some time with family and friends.

{{{ChaCha and hard drive}}}

I love that you share Clay with your daughter. Now, this above cracked me up. EVERY TIME my mom leaves the house for more than 2 days I get rid of so much stuff. She never notices that it's gone. The kitchen is the worst..I swear we had peices from every set of glasses, dishware, silverware, we ever had from the day I was born. And I've never seen a person save so many jars and plastic crap heee.

Hee, oh, she's gonna notice. If we didn't chuck it out the door, we packed it up and put it in the furnace room. Sorry, but we needed the space! LOL I think there are going to need to be adjustments made on both sides of this living arrangement. I hope it works out.

Is all Indian food very spicy? There is an Indian restuarant near my home and I have been wanting to go there but we are not big on chillis etc.

The majority of Indian food is spicy, but some restaurants will let you determine how spicy you want things. I love Indian food with a passion, but unfortunately none of my kids or friends will eat it (neither would my ex) so I am pretty limited to waiting for FromClaygary to come and visit and dine with me, or once in a while I get some take out or make it myself. There are some good frozen dinner options at the grocery store, as well.

Hope everyone in the path of Gustav is safe this morning, and has evacuated if necessary. I've been following the news on this one and I really hope and pray it isn't as bad as they were predicting. The people in that area have suffered so much already.

Good Morning Everyone,

Sending prayers to all in the path of Gustav!

18 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam!

:woohoo:

26 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

47 Days until The BAF Gala!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Is all Indian food very spicy? There is an Indian restuarant near my home and I have been wanting to go there but we are not big on chillis etc.

The majority of Indian food is spicy, but some restaurants will let you determine how spicy you want things. I love Indian food with a passion, but unfortunately none of my kids or friends will eat it (neither would my ex) so I am pretty limited to waiting for FromClaygary to come and visit and dine with me, or once in a while I get some take out or make it myself. There are some good frozen dinner options at the grocery store, as well.

HEE as far as I am concerned, Indian food means HOT HOT curries! It's no fun unless you need a box of Kleenex close by and look like you are a tragic mess! I used to like the Malaysian curries with coconut milk but I now much prefer the spicier Indian curries, and all their yummy side dishes.

ausdon , Indian food IS full of spice, but the restaurants always cater for people who don't tolerate anything too hot. Also, here's a tip... if anyone accidentally eats something that is burning their mouth (chilly hot), have a sweet, milky drink (Indian restaurants have the yogurt drink "lassi"). Another thing that absolutely works is to suck on a piece of sugar candy or a lollipop. The sweetness will drastically reduce the burning, and this is an exceptional tip if a young child accidentally pops a red-hot chilly in their mouth. Even spoonfuls of sugar held in the mouth will work.

luckiest, who cares about anyone else... I make my curries to suit myself and freeze them. When I feel like a curry craving happening, I know where to go to get my fix... I have to admit I too now use those jars of curry paste you can buy. Such convenience!

I have never had Indian food, but I am not one for spicy foods (at least my stomach isn't) so even though it may sound delicious, I would have to pass on it. My husband would probably like it because he loves hot and spicy food.

Kim

So........it's September. YAY! Spam month. Hee. And I see ldyjocelyn's sporking didn't really do the trick, cuz I just checked the CITH thread and there are no new recommendations, save for cha cha's from last week. In any case, I updated the FCA CITH media page with the new recommendations and files, for anyone interested.

Off to dig out my Indian "recipes" once again........ :) The hotter the better! Another good tip for cooling the mouth is to eat Indian food with a side of plain yogurt (pronounced "day", not sure how it is correctly spelled). It really compliments the food and cools the mouth at the same time. I remember, when we lived beside my East Indian friends, my then 3 year old son asking my neighbour if he could have some "roti and day". That was just flatbread and yogurt, and he wanted it every day. He's now 20 and won't touch it with a ten foot pole. I also love mango lassi drinks, which are made with yogurt.

claytonic, my kids complain about the smell of the food cooking! They all hate onions and of course the spices too. It's sad, really. Doesn't always stop me though! Same with fish, I love it, they hate it, but I cook it for myself on occasion anyways. Whose house is it, anyways? ;)

Those of you who beliong to the OFC and need a good laugh should go to the Spamalot vs touring thread - to read amatuer actors critique of Clay's acting - you see they felt he was playing for laughs instead of staying in character - in a Monty Python Play :lmaosmiley-1: BWAH - going back in history to the original Monty Python, tell me, what character did the minister of silly walks keep or did he play it a bit wide for laugh or or did the actors properly gioce the dead parrot the seriouslness that subject deserved? or maybe someone just doesn't have a sense of humor? On the first show that Clay did, I did have a critique and that was that he was taking it all too serious, but by the 4th? show, I thought he nailed it. Monty Pythion is not a show for people who are very shakespearean, but for the improve type of actor - you need to react in that show so much and to suspend disbelief - it really isn't about real life, in case some one actually thought it was supposed to be realistic.

I think we need a new emoticon for acting advice for clay to go with this one :wordpooper: I just had a serious time keeping in my chair and not falling to the floor laughing at that part of the thread.

Oh well, I have to get going.

Congrats on your party Wandacleo

Very odd, so many lurkers and only one other member here - not even anponymous people.

Come on - sign in, you know you have something to say!,

Oh good an anonymous user, oh wait, that is me.

Back on acting - it is funny there is usually one scene in some shouws that are so uncharateristic to me and catch me by surprise - with Clay, the best scene I saw him in was sorting trays in the realistic non-funny part of Scrubs - it struck me as odd becuase he looked perfectly serious doing it, as if it was really his job. It is an odd scene to be hung up on, but what can I say we all see things differently. I can take it if you laugh at this.

I saw that at OFC. Actually there are no words. What a bore. Are they kidding us?

HeidiHo-- I love the blonde hair , too. It about did me in. I hope he does it again to blend with the wig, you know. LOL!!!!

Look, fresh meat delightful potential minions newbies!

Good to be home, even though my cat is repeatedly biting me for apparently having my sister come and look in on him...

And those who have traveled with me before will be shocked to know that I have actually unpacked! Of course, it was because I was scrabbling to find all the freakin' stuff I bought (and Scarlett, I found that extra $150HKD I knew I had - of course it was in the new purse I bought that I thought I was gonna use on the flight back but changed my mind at the last minute and used the other purse but of course I didn't check all the freakin' pockets in the new purse. Oh well.)

Now, where did I leave off? Oh yeah, the various 'edibles' in the Qing Ping market. Well, the Shangxiajiu wasn't as big - just half a billion stalls. And no one had a clue what I wanted. So I basically wandered around and did some sightseeing.

Macau001.jpg

Macau002.jpg

Macau003.jpg

Macau004.jpg

Macau005.jpg

Macau007.jpg

Macau006.jpg

I wake up Thursday morning absolutely thrilled to be going to Macau, as Guangzhou really didn't turn out to be my kind of city. I leave the hotel at 8 for the 11 am train because I know there will be glitches involved. One of the few accurate things on my hotels website was that it is only 5 minutes from the train station, even by incredibly ancient golf cart (which of course is how we went). I go in, and a strange little man takes one look at me and says "Hong Kong?" I suspiciously say yes. He helpfully points out the ticket counter. Yay! They take Hong Kong dollars! Double yay! The strange little man wants me to ahead to the waiting area for the train which I resist as I see a Starbucks, which surely takes American credit cards. Well, I told y'all how that went. Well, I finally head for the train and it runs through the same three sets of x-ray machines and me being pulled out of line for extra searching again. They didn't ogle my trashy novels this time though. We pull into Hong Kong a little before one, and I swear it's like coming home. English everywhere. I know the drill for visitors. I already have my Octopus card. I already know the trains to take to get to the tram to take to the Macau ferry, and I make the 2 pm ferry. The hydrofoil ferry going to Macau is SUPERCOOL! It's the fastest ferry I've every been on - it's like a speedboat. It's takes an hour to get to Macau, and it's a gorgeous day. I hop my happy ass off the ferry and head to Macau immigration and come to a dead stop. There are at least 400 people in the visitors line - and only 3 counters open. And that was from just one ferry. I finally get through customs and see something that says "Macau Tourism Office" And unlike Guangzhou, it was an ACTUAL tourism office! And lots of good and helpful stuff and really nice staff that pointed out the free shuttle to my hotel. And again, unlike my hotel in Guangzhou, the Metropark didn't actually lie on their website. It was nice...they had a dude going around impressing the Metropark symbol into all the ashtrays. Very ooo la la!

I gotta go pass out loot to my relatives, but I'll tell y'all more when I get back.

Happy Labor Day! Hugs to our folks impacted by Gustav!

Thanks for old and new friends saying "welcome". I know I'm sometimes a little "scared" to jump into a linear thread but I'm feeling "home" here!

RIFAN-

Just wanted to say hello!! You may not remember me, but we spoke in line as we were entering the Shubert on May 3 for the afternoon show. You showed me your bracelet with the hippos and explained your screen name to me and I recognized the screen name from CB.

Hello again! Some of my braclets were in an online story about charm bracelets in the Charlotte Observer. They used this picture:

Charmbracelets027.jpg

Saltywaterdog! HELLO!

Hi, Hippo! Long time no see - like Atlanta and SC - JBT. Still hang out with Flat Clay?

Yes, Flat Clay is still under the bed! BUT I don't get to many meetings of the local Georgia fans so he's not been "updated" lately. I did have a slumber party at my house in July and he had a great time!

downloaded7-11211.jpg

He did get to a Christmas party last year! LOL!

IMG_0449_2.jpg

Thanks again for the welcomes. AND BettyJean, love your blends! Right click and save!

Off to dig out my Indian "recipes" once again........ :) The hotter the better! Another good tip for cooling the mouth is to eat Indian food with a side of plain yogurt (pronounced "day", not sure how it is correctly spelled). It really compliments the food and cools the mouth at the same time. I remember, when we lived beside my East Indian friends, my then 3 year old son asking my neighbour if he could have some "roti and day". That was just flatbread and yogurt, and he wanted it every day. He's now 20 and won't touch it with a ten foot pole. I also love mango lassi drinks, which are made with yogurt.

claytonic, my kids complain about the smell of the food cooking! They all hate onions and of course the spices too. It's sad, really. Doesn't always stop me though! Same with fish, I love it, they hate it, but I cook it for myself on occasion anyways. Whose house is it, anyways? ;)

luckiest

I used to love having dinner parties with an Indian theme. Curries can be cooked in advance and frozen (I'd have at least two completely different types), and then the side dishes made on the day itself. Really fantastic for busy people because there is no stress. I used to make a sliced cucumber and yogurt side dish which was so perfect for hot dishes, and another was sliced tomahto with chopped mint and onions and lemon juice. <Makes a note to buy some roti to keep in the freezer alongside the curry....>

Happy Labor Day! I'm trying hard to focus on this lovely day off :)

rather than thinking about having to go back to work tomorrow and how there are no more long holiday weekends until -

*gulp* - Thanksgiving! :(

I saw that thread, Play. :rolleyes: Gee, I wonder if Mike Nichols and Eric Idle realize the mistake they made! :o Oh, wait...

"Clay Aiken is amazing beyond that glorious voice. Turns out he is an excellent comic actor and a master of character," said director Mike Nichols in a release. "People will be surprised by his wide ranging talent, since the first impression is of great country charm and a singer to remember. This guy is not only a star, he is a lot more. We are lucky to get him for Spamalot."

For those who don't enjoy Sir Robin for what he is, may the rabbit with great big pointy teeth nibble their bums! killer_rabbit.gif

What a dinner, Wanda! Let us know a little sooner next time so we can all show up on time! I love Indian food, but only moderately spicy. There are some really good frozen options, as luckiest said. That's what I do 'cause I'm not about to spend all the time & money just cooking for me - I don't think the cats would care to join me!

My favorite spicy food is Thai. OMG - we had the BEST Thai food ever last time I was in CA. It was this little hole in the wall place in San Francisco. You'd never have known from the outside that it was a great restaurant. I've been trying to find Thai that good ever since, but nothing has compared. We also had some really good Spanish food in Long Beach - chicken and vegetables coated in a spice paste (not hot spicy) and baked in a clay (hee!) pot. There was a Thai place just down from our hotel in NYC that I wanted to try, but the only time were in that area when they were open was the first night we got into town and we were headed up to the Shubert to meet ausdon & family. :) We did have a lovely (and LARGE) plate of Chicken Parmigiana, a wonderful glass of wine & a cute waiter at Carmine's! YUM!

Welcome :welcome:BettyJean, LA, Hippo and woo! Lovely blends, Betty. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Another southern Californian (born in Orange County) here, transplanted to Ohio. For now!

Still sending out safe vibes to all in the storm's path. :friends:

So glad to see our world travelers made it home safely. And still in disbelief that this: :Iluvclaysbutt: didn't work!!

*rubs eyes sleepily*

Good morning to everyone! The sun's shining brightly outside and Gustav is nowhere in sight but I think I should go out to get supplies anyway. Thanks to the good wishes, it's down to a Category 2. I'm still getting the Twinkies -- because I want them. :thankyou:

ausdon, it's so nice to hear someone else calling them "Happy Feet" and I was actually thinking of "Happy Feet" while we were walking around the Senado Piazza in Macau looking for comfortable shoes for KAndre. (Eeeee! for the pictures & will post/upload more)

I think Indian food goes through the entire range from not spicy at all to very spicy. The commercial packs tend to be the spicy varieties because that's what most people look for in Indian food (ie. a change from regular non-spicy fare) but made-from-scratch dishes let you control the amount of spices and also keep out the strange non-traditional ingredients added to commercial packs. It is a lot of work but it's worth it. Kudos to wandacleo for the successful party!!!

Yay Wandacleo... thank you for being you AND feeling at home enough to let us see you sweat just a little. But this cracked me up...

Good thing because I worked like a damn dog all frigging day, and I'd have grabbed anyone who complained by the hair and heaved her out the front door.

Yay it's monday and I'm not at work! whoo hooo

Don't remind me Annabear...3 months until next holiday hee.