#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Just checking in...

Couchie, ROTFL! When he was 2 yrs old DS locked himself in the masters bedroom and the helpers had to call me at the office to come home and get him out.

I have opinions on the fandom and getting over bridges about getting over bridges about getting over bridges about not getting over bridges about all the fandom news in the past 6 hours, days, months and years but it wasn't worth breaking up a hilarious Guitar Hero session to express them. I'll get around to posting them soon. *yawns*

Thanks so much to merrieeee for hosting yet another lovely eHP gettogether! And thanks to Solo, KAndre and 00lsee for bringing the goodies that I'd planned, hoped, wished to bring. More pictures soon, including one of the Japanese ATDW that KAndre got, Eeeeee!!!

ETA:: Ringtones -- I use my favorite mp3's.

yes Gibby..got it open and now I'm an expert at putting the tool in the hole and turning it counter clockwise. :cryingwlaughter:

Well I had my head all set to spend the day at the de young museum but my friend's plane is 2 hours late so that's out. I wonder if she's seen slumdog millionaire that I keep hearing about. I know it has gotten good recommendations here.

You all have my complete sympathy and I'll never understand why you do it without some kind of hazard pay or something.

Well it is hard if you have to read every single word with an eye on determining what can stay and what can go. The stress level goes way down when you decide it can all stay. Don't you hate to see a bunch of edited posts and wonder what you just missed :hysterical: So much work to PM around to see what you missed :lilredani: What. Am I the only who does that. hee At least if something goes on here you can make up your own mind as it will all be there in the morning. I think I've deleted Clay is shopping for furniture with his girlfriend rumor and zapped one membership from someone who signed on just to call us names. And now tome writing chick. Even people with have been here a long time and asked to have their membership deleted - surprise...I probably never did that and you're more than welcome to come back... or ask me again. I forget.

Off to get ready for my date. I love rain. I hate driving in it.

If ya'll need something today - ask Bottle :lilredani:

ETA Oh and has Kandre put down Guitar Hero? heee

But Mz Scahlett...how do I get an mp3 to be my phone ringtone?

I don't know nuthin' 'bout birthin' ringtones! :lilredani:

Some phones support mp3's as ringtones. If your phone supports another format, this audacity tutorial will probably help.

This is why I was wondering why Clay kept wishing for a West Wing ringtone during the DCAT. I wanted to send him one.

Does anyone know where the clack is of Clay trying to sing "Without You" and also trying to not giggle the whole time?

Does anyone know where the clack is of Clay trying to sing "Without You" and also trying to not giggle the whole time?

Was that in Charlotte after the "humping" incident?

???

:huh-bwah:

I don't know... I was watching YouTube once and saw a video of Clay trying not to giggle during WY, no context... Humping incident??? :sleezy:

Was that in Charlotte after the "humping" incident?

???

:huh-bwah:

I don't know... I was watching YouTube once and saw a video of Clay trying not to giggle during WY, no context... Humping incident??? :sleezy:

Post the link and we'll figure it out for you -- lot of clues with the NAT since he rotated throught several outfits.

No, no, it was NOT sleazy. Humping was adorable. You haven't seen it yet?

Oh, bwah, I just went to look it up for you and it says right on the video. D'OH!

ETA: Oh, it's a SRHP/DCAT video. But, no, I haven't seen a 'humping' video--that I'm aware of anyway.

EATA: Oh, wait wait wait, maybe I have seen it. A girl wants to sing the KLo-duet WY with Clay and he says something about "she's dancing all up on ya like this" and puts his leg up and then goes OOPS about it, right?

On the topic of fans who can't let go, they still get on my nerves, and frankly, it's why I rarely go to the OFC. And that is sad because that is Clay's board and I do feel that those negative posters ruin the experience for people like me so that I spend most of my time at other boards.

I actually still..believe it or not, like the OFC lol the messageboard I mean..it helps that I go to the chatroom which is a completely different environment than the messageboard...but Ive made friends there and I enjoy a lot of the discussions that go on over there...but then the same group of people go from discussion to discussion spreading their vile hatred and thats when it gets to be to much..I realize I should probably ignore, its a character flaw lol so it becomes a gerbil wheel..I have successfully bowed out of discussions before..but I hate to see the people, who arent even fans anymore..taking over...and if I shut up thats what Im afraid is going to happen, the discussions wont end, it will be just the same hateful people saying whatever they want..its a sad sad situation.

You know, Smitten, that's exactly why I stayed on the OFC as long as I did. I'll probably always be a member there as long as there's an OFC, but I gave up on the messageboard after 2006, not even a year into my online fandom, and came over here almost two years ago. I grew weary of feeling like I had to "fight the good fight" against the fake insiders spreading rumor as fact, and chronic critics committed to the last word about everything, and it was always the same word. What a relief to lay that burden down!

It is sad that the OFC has a devoted cadre of difficult customers -- and I'm not talking about "strugglers," I'm talking about a few whose motives are obscure, but who nevertheless provoke stress and strife. The only counter to these people is to ignore. I'm surprised people continue to respond to the crap posts as if the bitching is about issues. To me, these are not and have never been issues; these are neuroses.

I think it's a subject worthy of discussion. I and many others said at least as far back as I know, in 2006, that it was a blight on the fandom. Unfortunately, I think in the cross-section of human nature you find this sort of thing everywhere. I've been in workplaces where this dynamic existed strongly and caused daily misery, and ultimately the only cure for it was separation, by someone or other, or several someones.

Okay, that's my opnion, and now I'm back to abiding right here in my comfort zone.

Oh, bwah, I just went to look it up for you and it says right on the video. D'OH!

ETA: Oh, it's a SRHP/DCAT video. But, no, I haven't seen a 'humping' video--that I'm aware of anyway.

EATA: Oh, wait wait wait, maybe I have seen it. A girl wants to sing the KLo-duet WY with Clay and he says something about "she's dancing all up on ya like this" and puts his leg up and then goes OOPS about it, right?

LOL! Yes,that's right about the humping. :cryingwlaughter:

But now my interest is piqued about the trying-not-to-laugh Without You video. I guess you were watchng the ATDW "Without You". Please, please post the YouTube link because odds are that I was at that concert but I just don't remember it.

(oops, gotta run and set up more of ldyj's files to render. been home for over an hour and haven't run them yet. brb)

ETA: Thank you, bottle!!! Way to go!

This is what I was looking at, Scarlett http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_c2lWOa1E8...=1&index=17

And thanks bottlecap!

Oy....I'd like to actually LEARN how to be tech savvy. I've spent the last couple of hours on Audacity...trying to figure out how to do my own ringtone...I get to a certain step in the process and then click or move or sneeze wrong and then end up having to start over.

I'm not cut out to make things from scratch, I don't think. My fuse is too short with mechanical things. I actually have more patience with living, breathing entities! :cryingwlaughter:

Guess I'll just deal with my phones' "Hello, Moto" ringtone for a while longer.... heheh.

What song were you trying to use, Muski? I just fiddled around with an online tool, Makeownringtone.com and it was easie-peasie. Didn't upload to my phone, but it played just fine. I uploaded a clip that was 96 kbps and had to set their selection at 80 kbps (not sure why, but it kept saying my output file was higher quality than my input file...no, they were exactly the same, but I changed it to 80 and it worked fine). When you upload your clip, click anywhere on the bar of 'music' and that will set your 'start' point. Move the black arrow to where you want your clip to end and move the green arrow to where you want your clip to start. You can play the music at any time to check if you got the arrows in the right place. Then click 'make a ringtone'. If you don't like the way it turned out, just keep tinkering with it until you do like it. Then download it to your computer. Worked for me. I'd be interested to learn, though, if there is some other software people like to use for this or if they just download ringtones premade.

Oh, and KAndre, I don't care what Guitar Hero kept saying...YOU ROCK!!! Thanks to all my buddies for the great time at merrieeee's lovely abode. It was fuuuunnn!!! :)

I really wish I was more adept at this computer stuff and actually knew how to bring a direct link to the board...but I don't :whistling-1: ...so here's what I got...

A Valentine poem written to honour Spamalot and our guy's photo was used...I thought that was just too cool !!!!! Clay's photo is worth a thousand words...obviously !!!

http://www.broadway.tv/blog/broadway-blog/...ine-from-crane/

If anyone knows how to make it a direct link, that would be awesome. It's from Broadway.TV blog.

:loveclaysbutt:

Awwww... thanks for the link calurker :thankyou:

Now, as promised, Stephen Crane’s Broadway Valentine to Clay Aiken and Spamalot:

021409-0527-clayaikenge1.jpg

Fast rode the knight,

With spurs, hot and reeking,

Ever waving an eager sword,

“To save my lady!”

Fast rode the knight,

And leaped from saddle to war.

Men of steel flickered and gleamed

Like riot of silver lights,

And the gold of the knight’s good banner

Still waved on a castle wall.

This is what I was looking at, Scarlett http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_c2lWOa1E8...=1&index=17

And thanks bottlecap!

Awwwww, that was the cutest DCAT Without You! Love the giggles...

How bad is it that I knew it was Tampa based on where toni7babe was sitting? (ie. her line of sight; didn't notice the Label right away)

Sigh, Tampa! Where people were spreading rumors that a clackdown was ordered via fax machine by RCA. :hysterical:

ETA:

That was CUTE! ICG.gif

annabear, I'm about to upload ldyj's Boston Pip-picking and that was so cute as well. This guy had a sign that said, "I can't believe my wife is making me go to 2 Clay Aiken concerts... on our honeymoon!"

That was CUTE! ICG.gif

Are we going to meet in the Amazing Race thread?

We'll start on this page!

Eeee!! We had a discussion here (http://www.realityupdates.com/ftopict-1020.html) about the hottest reality host and Phil and his sexy eyebrow were doing pretty good. Great show!! This board has nice people and is relatively quiet. The big show for them, what got them started, was Big Brother and the train wreckedness of it all. <g>

Ya know, I'm not going to weigh in on the topic du jour. I think that both sides have valid points.

At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He’d be hotter naked. ‘nuff said.

Do you know how tired I am of hearing the phrase "He's not the person I thought he was"...he is exactly the same person only difference is that we now know he is gay.

If he isn't who some thought he was than that is on them...they were fans of an illusion and not a reality and it isn't fair to blame Clay for that.

Kim

aikim... W.O.R.D.

If it has a tiny hole right in the middle you need to find something straight and rigid that will fit into that hole. Inside the hole is a tiny button that when pressed will release your joy. Oops, I mean unlatch the door. A nail or an ice pick or an unbent paper clip will do. Stick it straight in and press when you hit something solid. If you miss the mark your implement will go in too far without hitting resistance. Withdraw and try again.

If there is no hole you need a screwdriver to take off the door knob.

Is that smut I see????? Or just me...... :Iluvclaysbutt:

Hee....I love him! claydancing.gif Can we have him??

FromClaygary... that was definitely smut! :cryingwlaughter: And, I love your little dancing Clay. :hysterical:

Ok, I loved giggling Clay... but no one answered the question as to what set him off in the first place. I remember knowing onest upon a time, but have forgotten. Something in the banter, I'm sure... but what????

Well, in the last two days, I have babysat 5 of my 6 grandkids for Valentine's Day purposes from early morning to late at night on Sat and till 4pm today. Whew! Next year, I'm going to the Bahamas or Houston (hehe) or somewhere for Valentine's Day... I love them to pieces, but I'm worn OUT!!! Glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

Heidi... nuff said, indeed! Fans self!

Ok, I loved giggling Clay... but no one answered the question as to what set him off in the first place. I remember knowing onest upon a time, but have forgotten. Something in the banter, I'm sure... but what????

Well, in the last two days, I have babysat 5 of my 6 grandkids for Valentine's Day purposes from early morning to late at night on Sat and till 4pm today. Whew! Next year, I'm going to the Bahamas or Houston (hehe) or somewhere for Valentine's Day... I love them to pieces, but I'm worn OUT!!! Glad I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

Come to Houston, liney! It'll be great to see you! (standard disclaimer: however if someone's at Kimmel, we might not be here)

There was a lot of Tampa banter but I think WY was after he smutted.

Motown files added to the Boston upload site --- I asked geekette to process these plus the 50"s as a batch tomorrow, so we should get large & small wmv's as well as a CU link soon, though not tonight.

http://www.stripedsocksirens.com/members/S.../050828_Boston/

keepingfaith, these were all the Motown items I could find on the tape. Maybe there was a clack police incident near couchie and ldyj. I think you'll love the pip, though. Like I pointed out to Annabear, this guy was on his honeymoon and he got dragged invited to come to 2 Clay Aiken concerts.