#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

I enlarged the picture and I am still not seeing Mr. Bowtie....someone want to help me out?

I don't see it either. Or a woman with a camera.

And it doesn't get all that much bigger when I click on it :shrug:

eta...thanks cindi. How did anyone see that in the original darker version?

And yes I had double clicked the original that was brought over in the original post. Weird.

Oh I see it in the picture you posted, just not the original one posted. I can only see one guy taking a drink on the right and the bald guys shirt collar on the left in the original picture and nothing above them.

Me too - NO idea how anybody could've spotted them in that photo without lightening it. Makes me grin though!

Silly thought I had reading at the OFC, where several posters are still asking for time and consideration of those who still can't come to terms with Clay being gay or Clay lieing (sp), take your choice. The reason I personally have very little patience is that it I compare it to having a significant other who keeps saying, "I'm not sure if I love you, just give me more time to decide". In that I case I would have said "Adios, life is too short". And I sometimes wish Clay would tell them this.

I've been thinking about this "phenomenon", and the only thing I can come up with is the "can't live with or without him" syndrome. I also think that perhaps those who are having the greatest difficulty is because they had made Clay the center of their universe, whereas I think that most fans were able to move forward because they already had/have a life without Clay and Clay is the bonus, he enhances their life but he isn't their whole life. That's the only sense I can make of it because really, in a way, Clay is to some sorta like what Elvis was to his "crazed" fans in his day. To this day, there are Elvis fans (some OLD ladies!) who really DO think he is still alive, and those who accept he is dead, have shrines and Elvis special days etc. I consider it harmless, as long that it doesn't affect Clay or anyone else in a negative way.

Carolina Clay that grandson of yours is indeed absolutely adorable!

Snark alert!!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Say it isn't so!! You just spoiled it for me--that's as bad as saying there is no Santa Claus.! How dare you call ME an old lady? LOL

I enlarged the picture and I am still not seeing Mr. Bowtie....someone want to help me out?

Kim

Definitely them!

Well now I see! The original picture was too dark! Thanks for lightening it up!

Kim

ding ding ding Exactly.

That made me laugh out loud, Jamar! :hysterical:

As for those lyrics - lyrics out of context don't mean much to me. But, then, I don't enjoy reading poetry either. I'd need to listen to the song to have any sense of what the lyrics mean. What song is it?

Pitchers and catchers -- Yay!!!

th_n780412660_1243835_9784.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe, the Creed! :cryingwlaughter::wub: Is it bad that I saw them in the dark version too? Hee, but thanks for the lightened pic with the finger, cindilu2. Much easier!

I'm spending Valentine's Day celebrating my birthday in advance with the kids & my mom.....it's not really until next week. We had Vietnamese for lunch and will probably just stay in and have left over pot roast for dinner. I'm itching to rewatch The Secret Life Of Bees again (with no interruptions this time!)

Yo, my FCA peeps!! Long time no see. This is my busy, busy, busy time of year, playing piano for various places around town, working at the hospital, and being a Mom to my two teenagers. Tuesday of this week I was in rehearsal at one school from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, ran over to another school for a rehearsal from 3:15 to 6:00, and then went back to the first school for a concert at 7:00. Eeeeep! It's fun, but verra, verra busy. :blink:

YAY, Clay finally blogged! It's too bad he's in pain, but hopefully the procedure will make things better in the future. Anyway, it's good to know he's alive, and that he does think of us from time to time. And now I rilly, rilly want to know what Clay's 2009 plans are. The little shit, teasing us and then not delivering the goods!

I spotted Clay and Reed right away in that dark pic. Heeee. Cool to see that they were hanging out together! I'm hoping that they will be able to stay in touch with each other while Reed is off traveling the world.

I haven't been reading the other boards, so am blissfully unaware of the anger, homophobia and general angst out there. I just don't need that in my life right now. And, this is supposed to be fun, ya know? :-)

So, what is everyone else doing for Valentine's day? Does anybody have a hawt date? My hubby went out of town to visit his two ill grandmothers, who are very important to him. So, I'm at home with my two daughters. The three of us are going to go out tonight, if I can get them to agree on what kind of food to eat. Right now they're arguing about whether we should get Italian or Chinese. :sport010: Sheesh! I may end up going for Italian tonight, and Chinese tomorrow. That way I have an excuse not to cook two days in a row. Heh.

Oh, I can't forget this:

:Iluvclaysbutt:

CV has been reading Crisis in the book club and it has provided a great deal of insight about why people respond the way they do to homosexuality in general. Not saying it is helping me cope with some fans, but it helps to understand them a little better. It would be wonderful if some of them would just get their heads out of the sand and see themselves in some of the stories about the difficulty involved with coming out. Am amazed about how many young gay people are driven to suicide. I recommend the book highly and am only a handful of pages into it.

The coolest thing about that Reed blurb is that is says nothing but so much. Unless you know the song it is just a cute quote but knowing the song as the fans do well.....

And it's also cool that maybe Reed knows that only Clay's fans would know what is meant by that little phrase??

Wheeee!

CV has been reading Crisis in the book club and it has provided a great deal of insight about why people respond the way they do to homosexuality in general. Not saying it is helping me cope with some fans, but it helps to understand them a little better. It would be wonderful if some of them would just get their heads out of the sand and see themselves in some of the stories about the difficulty involved with coming out. Am amazed about how many young gay people are driven to suicide. I recommend the book highly and am only a handful of pages into it.

I am a few chapters into Crisis as well. It is amazing to read a book that agrees so wholeheartedly with my views.......I find it hard to read more than a chapter at a time though, because a lot of it is so painful. I will eventually make my way over to that CV thread and put in my 2 cents.

So, we watched The Secret Life Of Bees (2nd time for me!) and my mom was really impressed with it. She said it is one of the best movies she's seen in years, no gratuitous swearing or sex scenes. My daughter and a friend both cried and agreed it was a great movie. Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, go and rent it. It's worth your while. :)

Happy Valentines to all, however you celebrate!

Silly thought I had reading at the OFC, where several posters are still asking for time and consideration of those who still can't come to terms with Clay being gay or Clay lieing (sp), take your choice. The reason I personally have very little patience is that it I compare it to having a significant other who keeps saying, "I'm not sure if I love you, just give me more time to decide". In that I case I would have said "Adios, life is too short". And I sometimes wish Clay would tell them this.

Peope who are still "coming to terms" with this aren't coming to terms with anything, they are using their martyrdom to get attention--and they make me want to gag. Those who rush to their aid--"give them time"--are getting secondary attention by being "tolerant" of this bullshit. They make me gag too.

So shoot me.

Peope who are still "coming to terms" with this aren't coming to terms with anything, they are using their martyrdom to get attention--and they make me want to gag. Those who rush to their aid--"give them time"--are getting secondary attention by being "tolerant" of this bullshit. They make me gag too.

So shoot me.

Not me, I totally agree with you. As my dear, departed, mother would say "It's time they either shit or got off the pot!

wandacleo, you sure have a way with words. I have to agree with you though. If they haven't adjusted by now, then I don't think they are going to and I'm tired of hearing about it. If they can't deal, then they should just leave or start up their own board so they can bitch all they want to without pissing the rest of us off.

Snark alert!!

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Say it isn't so!! You just spoiled it for me--that's as bad as saying there is no Santa Claus.! How dare you call ME an old lady? LOL

:cryingwlaughter: Some Elvis fans are just very loyal, devoted and a credit to his memory! They have a knack for recognizing class and talent personified and that's why they are also Clay fans!

Seriously ... with the fans that seem to be stuck in their misery and confusion over how they feel about Clay ... there just isn't any way we can possibly empathize in a meaningful way. The most obvious analogy to me would be like saying to someone who is dangerously obese - "geez, use common sense, just eat less and exercise more..." ... or saying to someone who has anorexia "snap out of it willya...eat properly like everyone and stop all that stupid exercise". What is readily visible is just a symptom of their condition, those of us who don't have a serious issue with food could/would never understand them. Some things don't have a simple solution, and don't have anything to do with intelligence or even common sense. Unconditional love and acceptance is what is needed in this instance and unfortunately, some parents don't even have the ability to just open their arms and hearts and simply accept without judgment because they are too worried about what "people will think", and so they have their own issues that aren't necessarily visible either.

The problem is they have their own wallow in hate board.. "support board" they just don't stay there

They have their own board? What is it and what do they do there? What they really need is some therapy because they have issues. I really get so frustrated when I go to the OFC and read somebody saying they are mourning for the old Clay and he's not who they thought he was, etc. Makes me want to smack some people.