#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

That Reed MySpace update made me all schmoopie! That song had great lyrics, too.

Cindilu... that Valentine graphic is gorgeous!!! GAH!!!

Those people who still need time, probably do... but in the meantime, they are angry at him and the reason for it and are sharing that anger cause they are also angry at those who aren't angry at him... does too make sense. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm off today to babysit for my son's 3 kids so he can take his wife to their first date place and then where he proposed and then out to dinner. They do have a computer, but not sure I'll have the time/space to check in.

Happy Valentine's Day, all those at FCA and lurkers!!!

The object of our affections...

003.jpg

397123707_q9id4-Ot_filtered.jpg

402021787_rqXED-L-1.jpg

Happy Valentine's Day, Clay!!!

Everyone deals with situations like this differently. I have a friend who still struggles with the fact that her son has revealed that he is gay. She loves him and externally, she has accepted it but it is a different story internally... she just doesn't understand homosexuality, it puzzles her... despite the fact that she has had a few years to come to terms with it. She is a mature, intelligent and well-educated woman who was very aware of the world around her but when it came to her son, it shook her to the core. Oh, and she's a staunch Catholic with a heart that is filled with compassion for other people. It's like that brilliant movie "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"... it can be applied to so many other prejudices. When it's something so close to home, it challenges you in a way no one can possibly understand unless they are wearing your shoes. Religion is a strange thing though, I am tempted to go there but it is bound to raise some hackles!

The difference is, this is this woman's son. She can't just walk away because she 'doesn't understand'. We don't have to 'deal with it'. She does.

These 'fans' can walk away, but instead choose to stay around and beat up a (im)perfect stranger. That speaks to their character, not Clay's. Too bad the rest of us have to read it. These are fan boards - seems like there should be at least a loose definition there - and there should be a point when you realize that you just aren't a fan of the man any more. Move on.

Well, she COULD have tossed him out, some parents STILL do that, not just for their child being gay but for other reasons as well. Not all parents support their kids unconditionally.

Well, I no longer read posts that slam Clay, it is a choice I have made because it made me so angry. Or if I start reading something and it looks like it is less than flattering to Clay, I don't continue. As I said, everyone is different, they obviously still need to vent and perhaps they need to create their own forum. The only thing I can do about it is not read it, and I also feel really and truly sorry for the fans who are obviously so miserable now because they can't let it go. Their choice has made them unhappy but I am not going to let them make me unhappy too.

ETA:

Actually. it was couchie's advice to NOT read those unflattering comments, and it was the best advice.

I think you missed my point, which was - this is her son, her family. Clay is not our son, or husband or lover, or even our friend.

Ahh, it's Saturday and I have a three day weekend and I love Clay. Whatever!! :lilredani:

I think you missed my point, which was - this is her son, her family. Clay is not our son, or husband or lover.

I didn't miss your point at all. My point was that she did not have to support her son either, and where this fandom is concerned, the lines seem to have blurred between family and pop star.

The way some fans are with Clay, it seems Clay is more important to them than their own kids or DH. Shortly after Clay came out, I read what some fans said about how they had neglected their families because they spent so much time and money on Clay. Some of the members of this fandom are very unusual, we don't know what they are thinking when they put a pop star ahead of their own kids. Clearly, it isn't a simple situation like "oh well, now that I know he's gay, I have lost interest". It is as if Clay had cast some kind of "spell" (I am exaggerating but this best describes the situation) on them because it has paralyzed them. I don't understand their "paralysis" just as I don't quite understand why some fans live and breathe for Clay. I love Clay and never miss an opportunity to talk about him or play his songs or watch his videos, but he's not my life.

The way some fans are with Clay, it seems Clay is more important to them than their own kids or DH. Shortly after Clay came out, I read what some fans said about how they had neglected their families because they spent so much time and money on Clay. Some of the members of this fandom are very unusual, we don't know what they are thinking when they put a pop star ahead of their own kids. Clearly, it isn't a simple situation like "oh well, now that I know he's gay, I have lost interest". It is as if Clay had cast some kind of "spell"

I agree with this but to me that is a signal that that they have lost all perspective. Yes there are people who have a lifetime of issues with family members but those are give and take situations with two people participating in a real relationship even if one side is neglect, hostility or hate. I mean I haven't aimed this much thought and passion at a father that raised me for 18 years. It's healthy to make a decision and move on not live in this limboland where Clay has made himself REAL clear about what he isn't going to give you. Do I want to push fans away? NO. But I really care more about Clay and he shouldn't have to deal with this kinda stuff on his own website for the rest of his life. The longer it goes on the more bizarre it feels. Maybe when their memberships dry up they won't feel obligated to pay the $ to re-up. They will have to make a conscious decision about that and then finally come to grips with everything.

But on to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You know if it turns out Reed and Clay are not in a relationship I will crack up. Lord, hopeully some won't be angry because they were lead on by Clay because he kept silent thereby tacitly saying he is in a relationship when he knew he wasn't OI Stop the music, play the song. heee.

ok what the hell does this mean

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror

And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer

But my breath fogged up the glass

And so I drew a new face and laughed

I guess what I'm be saying is there ain't no better reason

To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons

It's what we aim to do

Our name is our virtue

ooh watching Man on Fire and Marc Anthony is really good in it.

Happy Valentines Day FCA

What are ya'll doing today. I'm babysitting so my sister and her hubby can have a date. LOL. It's raining here so I'll be working and breaking up fights. I may do that cake in a cup recipe with the kids..give them something interesting to do.

Online with U-verse and I can't believe it!!! --- they said they'd be here between 8:30 and 10:30 and they woke me up at 8:00 to say (very nicely) that they were going to be here in half an hour. Cable people actually swing by when they say? What a neat concept!

HVD everyone and have a great weekend!!!

Someone told me it was like a death..like a death! Seriously? I said to them that is ridiculous..I would hope you would feel a heck of a lot worse if someone died..call me a bad person..tell me I don't appreciate other opinions..I don't care anymore, my patience has dried up..they have their own board and I wish they would stay there

Getting ready to head out to the grocery & then pricing puppy supplies. :)

valentines-bear.gif

:BlowKiss:FCA :BlowKiss:

Silly thought I had reading at the OFC, where several posters are still asking for time and consideration of those who still can't come to terms with Clay being gay or Clay lieing (sp), take your choice. The reason I personally have very little patience is that it I compare it to having a significant other who keeps saying, "I'm not sure if I love you, just give me more time to decide". In that I case I would have said "Adios, life is too short". And I sometimes wish Clay would tell them this.

Me too! But it will never happen...he has a universe more patience than I do.

Another beautiful graphic, Cindy!

Re the stimulus program...I saw that too, and although you're right, it doesn't relate to the bank bailouts I still think it says something in a downturning economy, and it's awesome. I have wondered if Clay has been doing some lobbying in his spare time.

And no, I DON'T think the two are connected, it was just something I was thinking about from something HE said.

Couchie I'm having a day to go shopping (which is something I rarely do) for new stuff for my house. I'm off to IKEA, which is about an hour away, shortly. I'm hoping to maybe get some shelving bought/put together for the Claydorm this weekend to add to what I already have. As part of that, I'll go through my Clash :) for you and let you know what I have additional to offer for the BAF Flea Market.

It's supposed to be a gorgeous (although chilly) weekend here, so I'm hoping to get out to do some photography on Monday . Promise I won't bore y'all with it. :)

ETA: Scarlett, just wanted to say Thanks!! again for that list of shareware/freeware programs you posted quite a while back. I'm spending some time learning Paint.net and having a lot of fun with it! And I'm sure there'll be others I'll use.

Here's the link again for anyone who didn't bookmark it.

PC Mag Best Free Software of 2009

they are also angry at those who aren't angry at him...

ding ding ding Exactly.

Some of the members of this fandom are very unusual,

:huh-bwah: Ya think?

You know if it turns out Reed and Clay are not in a relationship I will crack up.

Me too. :hysterical: Whoo boy.

sidenote --

I wonder if A-Rod fans are going to get all uptight because he lied about lying? Somehow I doubt it.

I know. WTF? Give me the "spinning ball" of ATD anytime. At least I get the reference.

I'm sure it's a pretty song but those lyrics don't do it for me. at. all.

ducky? :)

What are ya'll doing today.

I'll be spending my Valentines day with my basketball boyfriends. The shortest (and cutest) team in D1. :wub:

Also this week...

Pitchers and catchers report! :yahoo:

Best phrase that is not "Clay blogged!"

Do I want to push fans away? NO. But I really care more about Clay and he shouldn't have to deal with this kinda stuff on his own website for the rest of his life. The longer it goes on the more bizarre it feels.
I'm with you here, Couchie. Good Lord...enough! Call me heartless, but at this point I think most of the public "I'm still struggling, so give me break" posts are just to keep attention on them.

But on to eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. You know if it turns out Reed and Clay are not in a relationship I will crack up. Lord, hopeully some won't be angry because they were lead on by Clay because he kept silent thereby tacitly saying he is in a relationship when he knew he wasn't OI Stop the music, play the song. heee.
BWAH! I was thinking the same thing!

Yeah, I'm having some 'struggles' with some of these lyrics, too. :blink: Maybe I'm slow, but.... :huh:

Today my hubby and I are going to see "The Reader". We both are in love with Kate Winslett. My younger daughter is going to a friend's Valentine party tonight. The instructions were to dress "Funky Formal"...heh...So she's wearing her sister's last year's prom dress---a really pretty sleeveless red above-the-knee flowing dress with accordion pleats. She looks disturbingly beautiful in it. :scream:

I said, "So where's the 'funky' part, Carrie?" Her answer? "Oh, you're going to take me shopping 'cuz I need some high-top Converse shoes."

:huh-bwah: So she's wearing this gorgeous dress...and some cool high-top Converses, white with all kinds of black swirly writing on them, that have blue and white ribbon laces! :cryingwlaughter:

I hope Clay's jaw pain isn't going to prevent him from doing some Valentine Day kissing and whatnot... :sleezy:

Do I want to push fans away? NO. But I really care more about Clay and he shouldn't have to deal with this kinda stuff on his own website for the rest of his life. The longer it goes on the more bizarre it feels.
I'm with you here, Couchie. Good Lord...enough! Call me heartless, but at this point I think most of the public "I'm still struggling, so give me break" posts are just to keep attention on them.

BWAH! I was thinking the same thing!

Yeah, I'm having some 'struggles' with some of these lyrics, too. :blink: Maybe I'm slow, but.... :huh:

Today my hubby and I are going to see "The Reader". We both are in love with Kate Winslett. My younger daughter is going to a friend's Valentine party tonight. The instructions were to dress "Funky Formal"...heh...So she's wearing her sister's last year's prom dress---a really pretty sleeveless red above-the-knee flowing dress with accordion pleats. She looks disturbingly beautiful in it. :scream:

I said, "So where's the 'funky' part, Carrie?" Her answer? "Oh, you're going to take me shopping 'cuz I need some high-top Converse shoes."

:huh-bwah: So she's wearing this gorgeous dress...and some cool high-top Converses, white with all kinds of black swirly writing on them, that have blue and white ribbon laces! :cryingwlaughter:

I hope Clay's jaw pain isn't going to prevent him from doing some Valentine Day kissing and whatnot... :sleezy:

:yeahthat: and maybe Reed someone can kiss it and make it all better...

:)

:lol: Photos from that Disney thing appeared on Yahoo! today (don't know if they were somewhere else already). But, check out Carrie Underwood's face in the picture.

85979_kelly-clarkson-and-carrie-underwoo <-- HAHA!

Is it just me or does she look really, really cranky with Mickey? :hahaha:

And maybe Clay's TMJ procedure is why he didn't attend? :shrug: I mean, that's the only thing I can think of. They have everybody else who got anywhere on Idol, so I don't see why else he might not be there...

On Mickey's right, yes that's Kelly. I hadn't heard that, but huh. Guess she managed to make it.

ETA: Jason Castro in the back looks stoned... as per usual, IMO.

Happy Valentine's Day FCA! My hope is that you find whatever kind of love you desire...

I'm thinking the TMJ surgery is probably the reason Clay wasn't there as well, although I've been known to talk out of my butt more often than not.

This...is funny...and makes me kind of schmoopie too... From getclayaiken:

....and from a public facebook page...From Spam's closing night party....go ahead, look...look way in the back...back there up on that raised area...see the ties standing together back there? The bow tie and the red striped one?

Who needs to see faces. :lol

th_n780412660_1243835_9784.jpg

Carrie looks like she's posing on ANTM.......got that haughty look..watched an interview with her about a month ago...fame does strange things to some people...JMO. :whistling-1:

Are we supposed to see a bowtie in the above after party picture???? hmmmm.. I'm squinting really hard. :clay:

This...is funny...and makes me kind of schmoopie too... From getclayaiken:

....and from a public facebook page...From Spam's closing night party....go ahead, look...look way in the back...back there up on that raised area...see the ties standing together back there? The bow tie and the red striped one?

Who needs to see faces. :lol

th_n780412660_1243835_9784.jpg

There's a woman with a camera directly to the right of Mr. Bowtie... Where's that Clack, demmit?!! :cryingwlaughter:

bwah click on the picture to make it larger and look in the back. damn..if only the camera how gone up a foot. heee

I recognize 4 people in that idol picture. No guesses as to why Clay wasn't there...doesn't seem to be his kind of thing but what the hell do I know. I actually like Carrie a lot..didn't on the show but love what's she's done and thrilled for her success...since you know..she's the third most popular person from her season and all. And damn, she's gorgeous.

I enlarged the picture and I am still not seeing Mr. Bowtie....someone want to help me out?

Kim

aikim, you can't see his face..the picture cuts him off but you can see two people standing next to each other, one wearing the ensemble from the banner..and the other wearing the ensemble from the banner.

look right about the guy's head...but you know... I just had to adjust my laptop screen to see them. At first I was like..where'd they go! heee