#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

BTW, I was at the Jan. 1st Munch at the Marriott after that show with many of you. My fingers were still frozen solid after holding my camera forever waiting for Clay to (NOT) come to the SD. EVERYONE else took pics of the group, so I figured I didn't need to do it as well. SO WHERE ARE THOSE PICTURES....HMMMMM????

*cough* I may have a few. Does anyone mind if I post them in the members thread?

I've been having fun tonight playing around with Paint.net, which I got from that freeware page you posted, Scarlett. Thanks for that! I think it's definitely going to be a keeper!

(((gbmifan and ldyj ))) I'm so thankful I have a job which I enjoy, although it wears me out at times, and no signs of it disappearing. I should probably knock on wood after that statement!

ETA: Scarlett, I don't think you need to refrigerate the shortening; I never used to, and noone died yet. :)

Interview with Kelly, apparently she knew Clay was gay during the IT tour...and a shocker...you might want to sit down for this....Clay tells dirty jokes! Oh the humanity!

http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/a146408/...-sexuality.html

Kim

Clay tells dirty jokes

Ok that's it, that's the straw...I am outta here. I just can't take it any more!!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

Kim

Clay tells dirty jokes

Ok that's it, that's the straw...I am outta here. I just can't take it any more!!!!

Well, I don't mind that he tells dirty jokes...just so he doesn't tell them GAY dirty jokes. You know...jokes that talk about guys actually.... :unsure:.....

having sex with each other!

Well at least the fandom has something to talk about...should be good for at least two or three days of discussion!

(Not to mention angst, drama, pedestal smashing; Clay we hardly knew ye...ad nauseum; yada, yada, yada)

Kim

Clay we hardly knew ye

Hee!

It's like the story of the blind man and the elephant, from Wikipedia:

In various versions of the tale, a group of blind men (or men in the dark) touch an elephant to learn what it is like. Each one touches a different part, but only one part, such as the side or the tusk. They then compare notes on what they felt, and learn they are in complete disagreement. The story is used to indicate that reality may be viewed differently depending upon one's perspective, suggesting that what seems an absolute truth may be relative due to the deceptive nature of half-truths.

Of course, Clay did title his blog "Killing the Elephants in the Room" *g*

Well at least the fandom has something to talk about...should be good for at least two or three days of discussion!

(Not to mention angst, drama, pedestal smashing; Clay we hardly knew ye...ad nauseum; yada, yada, yada)

Kim

Maybe I'll go into hibernation for a week or so.

I hope those of you having job, computer and car health or any other unsettling situation get them resolved soon. We have been in the joblesss situation three times but were very fortunate to find other job opportunities. That's how we ended up in North Carolina. I hate to read the newspapers anymore.

Last night I baked Valentine cookies and made little gift bags for the four little kids we tutor. Such a little thing as that brought great big smiles to their faces. I worry about them because they are already showing signs of problems. Being part of a lower income demographic makes them very vulnerable to the economic pressures. The school has a great principal and they have a family counselor at the school so at this point someone is watching out for them.

Each one touches a different part, but only one part,

Oooh! Oooh! :pickme:?

Can I choose which part I touch :sleezy:

(Scarlett...I wasn't sure about your post re: my joke comment? I was snarking on someone's comment on OFC when Clay came out that she was okay that Clay was gay as long as he didn't actually have sex with another man.)

:huh:

The stories are FAN.FAN.FANtastic!! In fact, too good - I think - to be left in a thread that will, in a matter of time, be locked.

Just a suggestion... what about creating a special thread that is pinned, and called "He is.. therefore I fan". Wouldn't it be great to have this title kept "alive" indefinitely? This thread could be exclusively for these historical stories on "how I got to be a Claymate,Clayzyfan, ClayFan".

Members could then ETA, EATA and EYATA to their heart's content, fine-tuning their stories and adding pics and YouTube vids where relevant. I love it when I read about a certain tour, and then find there is a specific video on YT re the banter or song mentioned. If one of these stories is significantly edited, then it is just a matter of alerting the main thread about it so anyone who is interested could go and check it out and argue that THAT's not how THEY remember it!! :cryingwlaughter: .

Perhaps ... one day a hard-copy print-out could be made of the stories, and sent to Clay on a special anniversary. The "book title" seems obvious...

ETA:

Tragedy sure brings out the best and worst in people.

THE WORST

Everyone in Oz has been touched by the bushfire tragedy, which continues with 29 fires still burning and the dead being located in the rubble that used to be houses that were once homes.

If someone came door-knocking asking for donations for the victims, would you say yes? People have been conned into giving donations to opportunists, fraudulently collecting money on behalf of the fire victims. Unbelievable, isn't it, taking advantage of a tragedy? From what I understand, they didn't get far before they were caught.

I would never make donations to anyone or anything that wasn't a known authorised charity. And I'd never do it via a door-knock.

THE BEST

We, as a country, have raised over $57 million so far, and there's more being donated all the time. That's pretty impressive for a country with a population of only 21 million and where many people have lost their jobs or are struggling due to the world economic downturn. We have a telethon right now and everyone is there, not just the usual entertainers in the performing arts but our Olympic athletes and every big name business, despite the fact they are feeling the pinch as well. We are also getting moral, emotional and financial support from pretty much every Australian living or working abroad at the moment, so we know they are with us in spirit. I am so proud to be Australian right now.

Leonard Cohen has been touring here in Oz and had his last concert date in Melbourne on Feb 10. I read that he had to come out of retirement to tour because someone he entrusted his life earnings to had mismanaged or robbed him of his funds. Whatever the case, he has donated A$200,000 (approx US$130,000). Somehow that really touched me.

FORT (Fans of Reality TV) paid for prime position, I guess, so I clicked on that. LOTS of AI stuff, and a really long Clay thread already. It was a linear thread, and people posted whole paragraphs, so I learned my posting pattern there. My first post was a very erudite essay on how "Everlasting Love" was TOO a disco song and how many beats per minute were in Clay's version and how that met the technical definition. Hey, I AM a professional researcher after all!

There were 4 mods for the AI threads at FORT and 3 of them were Ruben fans. They started getting more and more rude towards the Clay fans, so it wasn't that much fun. Someone posted that they enjoyed the Clay thread at TWOP

perma! I started at FORT, did you have the same name..it got to be so awful over there, you could say anything you wanted in the clay thread, awful stuff about him if you wanted, but you couldnt say anything in negative in the Ruben thread because there were "less ruben fans and it wasnt fair" finally they ran most of the Clay fans off, but I still post news over there because there are a few clay fans there that arent on clay boards...I was clayalltheway1982 at FORT

The stories are FAN.FAN.FANtastic!! In fact, too good - I think - to be left in a thread that will, in a matter of time, be locked.

Just a suggestion... what about creating a special thread that is pinned, and called "He is.. therefore I fan". Wouldn't it be great to have this title kept "alive" indefinitely? This thread could be exclusively for these historical stories on "how I got to be a Claymate,Clayzyfan, ClayFan".

Members could then ETA, EATA and EYATA to their heart's content, fine-tuning their stories and adding pics and YouTube vids where relevant. I love it when I read about a certain tour, and then find there is a specific video on YT re the banter or song mentioned. If one of these stories is significantly edited, then it is just a matter of alerting the main thread about it so anyone who is interested could go and check it out and argue that THAT's not how THEY remember it!! :cryingwlaughter: .

Perhaps ... one day a hard-copy print-out could be made of the stories, and sent to Clay on a special anniversary. The "book title" seems obvious...

Oh I like it...especially since I haven't had the time to write my story yet and I'll be away from my computer all tomorrow.

It will be interesting reading the boards after the revelation that OMG Clay tells dirty jokes??!!! :onFire:

I seem to remember that I read very early in my fandom that he has a bawdy sense of humour.

Oooh - I just love riding this bus!

I like K C just fine, but I think she has about the same filter as Clay when it comes to saying the first thing that pops into her head at times. Funny how people will take some things as gospel no matter what the circumstance or source. At this point I don't believe any quotes from people unless I hear them with my own ears. However, I absolutely believe that Clay can be bawdy and I KNOW he's witty and quick. I just love having it 'confirmed'. Also love that Kelly was another friend who knew and honored his privacy. You go girl!

Someone in the UK told me that she'd read about the fans who were taking Clay to court for injured feelings (when he came out). Is this TRUE?

I don't remember reading about this here and I haven't been to other boards for months.

The only reason I am asking this question is because we keep hearing about the most bizarre cases, for example ... that woman who spilled hot coffee on herself and sued McDonalds and WON! So to me, anything is possible in America!!!

Clay tells dirty jokes

And we never played this game either!.... :cryingwlaughter:

So....where the heck are the eHP reports? Aren't they having a party tonight? Have one for me, ladies!

We're playing "Dirty Minds" and this is one of the clues:

I had a hairy round orb in my palm. It felt hard when I squeezed it. After I used my mouth to suck out its milky liquid, I stuck its meat in later.

Answer:

a coconut

For today, and as a warm-up for this weekend:

There they were, four huge guys looking down on me. Their rocks were gigantic. You could tell that a lot of people had banged them. Each erection was a work of art...

Answer:

Mt. Rushmore

And btw, Lotus sent me these great eagle pictures. Thanks! :thankyou:

Lastly, I already sent this to geekette but in case you want a headstart on ldyj's Boston50'sMedley... (take only the one you need)

http://www.stripedsocksirens.com/members/S.../050828_Boston/