#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Scarlett, I haven't downloaded yet, but I certainly don't remember a clack down when I was taking clack. Matter of fact, I had a "security" person standing next to me the entire concert. He even said "nice camera!" LOL! So I don't know what happened during the Motown medley for you not to have the entire thing....

And I'm pretty sure the vaults already have the Pip picking clip. I think that was the one clip you immediately did after the show. He was so freakin' close to me, and that new hubby was so cute.

ldyj, there is a Motown Medley in these files but it began with "My Girl". On the tape, this comes up immediately after the last note of the 60's happy together, so there is a slight gap that consists of solitaire and the motown intro. I hope it wasn't the tape but it's mainly over just 1 song, Solitaire. Sorry about that.

Here is the site that I have used for ringtones:

http://www.myxer.com/make/

Actually, I think I got it from this board awhile ago. Have to use it again cuz I dropped my last phone in the toilet and it could not be salvaged. If you don't have internet access on your phone plan, it costs so much per kb. And it can add up. I didn't realize that when I first made my ringtones and I'd done about 3 or 4 at one time. Wound up paying, I think, about an extra $30 on my phone bill.

I'm alive! PerusingOne is the best damn navigator ever. She brought her GPS and I was able to drive through a downpour without worrying about where the heck I was going. I don't think either of us are mall people but we just needed a place to duck in from the rain so we hung out at the mall. She helped me pick out my next phone... we ate at Chevys and just had a great time chatting. Thanks merrieee..the delivery has been made!! You know I love her cuz I'd rather spend the day with her than watch the All Star Game :cryingwlaughter:

(liney23 @ Feb 15 2009, 09:42 PM) *

Ok, I loved giggling Clay... but no one answered the question as to what set him off in the first place. I remember knowing onest upon a time, but have forgotten. Something in the banter, I'm sure... but what????

I just had a look at the banter before WY. Clay had the idea of signing the stools they had been sitting on and auctioning them off.

At one point he says to an audience member who has called out to Jesse "I love you" "Just for that you can't bid on my stool" and it goes on from there.

Good Morning Everyone,

20 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

:yahoo:

32 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

51 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Happy day off, everyone! Here in Canada, we get what is called "Family Day". It's nothing really, just a holiday they dreamed up last year but none of us are complaining, LOL. I love 3 day weekends. :wub:

I'm watching CFC Raleigh gala auction clack *waves to goldarngirl*. There are a lot of good angles on the JBT jacket auction, when he gets the zipper done up finally and turns around and shouts Yes! :) I know someone was asking about it the other day. It is so much fun to watch. I wonder if they'll announce another Raleigh gala for the end of this year or maybe spring 2010? Gah, I hope so, and I especially hope that Joe the auctioneer will be there again. The team of Joe & Clay cannot be beat.

Scarlett and ldyj, thanks for the retro JBT clack! You CMSU Scarlett, I can't believe you've been sitting on such primo stuff for 3 and a half years. What else have you got hidden away, hmmmmmm? :imgtongue:

Excellent news abou the Sir Robin bear! :D

Happy day off, everyone! Here in Canada, we get what is called "Family Day". It's nothing really, just a holiday they dreamed up last year but none of us are complaining, LOL. I love 3 day weekends. :wub:

I'm watching CFC Raleigh gala auction clack *waves to goldarngirl*. There are a lot of good angles on the JBT jacket auction, when he gets the zipper done up finally and turns around and shouts Yes! :) I know someone was asking about it the other day. It is so much fun to watch. I wonder if they'll announce another Raleigh gala for the end of this year or maybe spring 2010? Gah, I hope so, and I especially hope that Joe the auctioneer will be there again. The team of Joe & Clay cannot be beat.

Well, not everyone gets the day off! Because our collective agreement gives us more stat holidays than most organizations (we get Remembrance Day in Nov.), I'm here. :( If staff wanted the day off, they had to use a float or vacation day. No little kids off school at my place, so I'm working.

I hope there's a gala in October again! I already tenatively asked for time off around that same weekend, just in case. Since a week ago my current boss announced he's going to another dept. for six months, that was a good move on my part.

Hey Scarlett, wanna come and visit us next? I can take time off at the end of April, for a certain craft show... :whistling-1: I bet we could even arrange a Northern FCA gathering if you're here.

I have the day off today; it is an elective holiday for our Library. I should be cleaning, but I am being lazy and sitting around doing crossword puzzles...guess I should get off my butt and do something.

Kim

Well, not everyone gets the day off! Because our collective agreement gives us more stat holidays than most organizations (we get Remembrance Day in Nov.), I'm here. :( If staff wanted the day off, they had to use a float or vacation day. No little kids off school at my place, so I'm working.

I hope there's a gala in October again! I already tenatively asked for time off around that same weekend, just in case. Since a week ago my current boss announced he's going to another dept. for six months, that was a good move on my part.

Awww, too bad you don't get Family Day, but we don't get Remembrance Day, so it balances out, I guess. I haven't tentatively booked any holiday dates yet, because the first Raleigh gala was in March, so I don't think that it's necessarily going to be in October again, but it could be.....who knows? Hee, I just hope that I am able to get the days off whenever it is announced, because I don't want to miss it. Wonder how long he'll make us wait for that 2009 news? :whistling-1:

Chants "Summer tour, summer tour, summer tour...."

Clay's Sir Robin Broadway Bear went for $16,000! Quite impressive!

Kim

....AND it was the top earner. :dancingpickle: :04:

Sowwy, it's my competitive side. :)

ETA: Just had to bring this quote over from CV, because it CMSU...

Reed has a new quote and picture on the public side of his personal Myspace. Apparently it is from "Brideshead Revisited". I find him a very fascinating person much like his bf.

"Don't be vulgar Cordelia ... vulgar is not the same as funny."

However....gotta say....not in favor of cruising Reed's private myspace...but I think he might be doing some cruising of OUR spaces! Good for him, if so! :hysterical:

Here in B.C. we still don't have a holiday in February. Now that I'm retired it doesn't bother me so much but I were still at a job I'd be envious of those of you who get one.

Yes there are some good shots of when Clay turns around in triumph at getting that jacket zipped up. I have just learned of how to do the simplest of screen caps but my reflexes really aren't fast enough to get just the right millisecond as yet....darn it, I knew there was a reason for playing video games.

For those of you who are Leonard Cohen fans, his next tour is starting this Thursday in New York. I am hoping that there will be a Vancouver date.

I just recently started getting Google alerts for him and he's putting out a new album with a 26-track set culled from the July 17 performance at London's 02 Arena in 2008 and it will be available as either a DVD or two-CD package on March 31.

Yay for the Sir Robin bear!!!! :laola0: :ole0: :laola0:

[feeling sorry for myself] Ok, I have a 3-day weekend. I babysit two of those three days. Today is all mine... it's raining and the forecast says it will be raining for the next two days with a 3-hour break at midnight tonight. I had plans, dang it! Sigh! [/feeling sorry for myself] :cryingwlaughter:

I can take my walk at the mall. I can do errands anyway. I can come home and dry off and have a cup of hot tea. I'm ok! :cryingwlaughter:

cindi... BWAH!!! Ditto! I love the creed, too! May it live long and prosper!!!

Clay's Sir Robin Broadway Bear went for $16,000! Quite impressive!

Kim

....AND it was the top earner. :dancingpickle: :04:

Sowwy, it's my competitive side. :)

ETA: Just had to bring this quote over from CV, because it CMSU...

Reed has a new quote and picture on the public side of his personal Myspace. Apparently it is from "Brideshead Revisited". I find him a very fascinating person much like his bf.

"Don't be vulgar Cordelia ... vulgar is not the same as funny."

However....gotta say....not in favor of cruising Reed's private myspace...but I think he might be doing some cruising of OUR spaces! Good for him, if so! :hysterical:

It was on the public side of his Myspace, so I don't have a problem with that...now if somehow a fan got on his private myspace and was posting info...that would be a different story.

I did get a chuckle out of that quote though and I did have the same thought re: Reed cruising!

Okay, I did actually get off my butt and cleaned my bedroom and bath...since the cat pretty much lives in those two rooms and my husband is allergic to the cat, I really needed to vacuum and dust and get rid of all the cat hair. Looking good now...just need to water the plants. I even put some Christmas stuff away that has been sitting around for a couple of months!

Kim

For those of you who are Leonard Cohen fans, his next tour is starting this Thursday in New York. I am hoping that there will be a Vancouver date.

I just recently started getting Google alerts for him and he's putting out a new album with a 26-track set culled from the July 17 performance at London's 02 Arena in 2008 and it will be available as either a DVD or two-CD package on March 31.

Yay for a new album! Wow, it would be great if he came to NC too.

From Broadwayworld.com message board - Adam Greer

I was there and had a fabulous time watching people spend over $10,000 on teddy bears!

The big ticket item, once again, was the Spamalot Clay Aiken bear which fetched $16,000 this year, to a telephone bidder. The other big items were the Glinda Wicked bear, which was the evening's first lot, that brought in $7,000. The Equus bear made about $9,000 (I forget the actual number).

Some other highlights...

-The little girl from the cast of White Christmas (little meaning like...8 years old) bidding on the White Christmas bear against someone on the phone. Every time she wanted to place a bid, she looked over at (presumably) her dad, who continually cringed as he gave small nods of his head. Her face lit up every time he nodded his head, as the bid went up to $3600. The phone bidder was hesitant to keep bidding, and at this point the audience was clearly pulling for this adorable little girl to win, who had to stand on her chair so the auctioneer could see her. The auctioneer was quick with her gavel and right after she called it for the girl, the phone lady yells out, "My client was willing to go to $3800!" However the auctioneer said, "Too late, she should have been faster, the kid gets it!"

-There was a family seated near the front who had collected something like 16 bears over the years. Tonight they won the Ariel bear.

-All four of the Billy Elliot boys were there- there were four Billy bears, auctioned off as a set. Each bear was in a different costume, signed by a different Billy. The Billys added a backstage tour at some point to sweeten the deal. They got around 4 grand for their bears, I think.

-The coolest looking bears, in my opinion, were the Elle Woods bear, the Childcatcher bear (from Chitty), and the Phantom "He-She Masquerade" bear.

-We had the pleasure of talking to John Henson, one of the bear designers, during the pre-show reception. It was so fascinating to hear the level of detail and how much work goes in to creating these bears. Most of them are exact scaled replicas of the larger costumes, down to the number, placement, and size of the rhinestones. He also told us that next year's Wicked bear was probably going to be either a Madame Morrible bear or a Chistery bear.

-The funniest moment of the evening was when Christopher Seiber began offering people free tickets to Spamalot as a way to increase bidding. He even came down from the stage to talk to a woman who was bidding by telephone.

Bwah Chris Seiber! :cryingwlaughter:

I've been productive today.......sat and watched some Food TV for inspiration, then made the best pot of soup I've ever made in my life. Seriously, I'd go out of my way to buy this soup. :P It is a low-fat creamed brocolli soup, but with some kick. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. I will look forward to lunch this week!

Thank you! It is sad that he needs to do this mostly because his money was stolen by his manager.

Hmmmm....I need to dig out those CDs, I want to hear Sisters of Mercy (a most perfect song) again. and Hey That's No Way to Say Goodbye. and Famous Blue Raincoat.

I always watch McCabe and Mrs. Miller - an astoundingly beautiful and funny and depressing movie (IMO, etc.) - whenever it is on, because Leonard sings three songs in it.

Cool for the new CD - usually I hatesssss live stuff on CD, but Leonard is an exception.

-The funniest moment of the evening was when Christopher Seiber began offering people free tickets to Spamalot as a way to increase bidding. He even came down from the stage to talk to a woman who was bidding by telephone.

I think he means Chris Seiber was offering tickets for Shrek, not Spamalot, since the bidding for Spam's bear didn't need any help and the show is closed anyway! :hahaha:

I'm off today, but my DH is working so it's nice and quiet around here. We had a great day together yesterday so I'm not complaining.

I think he means Chris Seiber was offering tickets for Shrek, not Spamalot, since the bidding for Spam's bear didn't need any help and the show is closed anyway! :hahaha:

I'm off today, but my DH is working so it's nice and quiet around here. We had a great day together yesterday so I'm not complaining.

Maybe that's why it was funny? (since Spam is closed)

Either way, yay for the Sir Robin bear 'winning'. I would love to have the money to buy some of these things, but since I don't, I'm very, very glad that some Clay fans do. Kudos to whoever the generous bidder was!!