#49: I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Thread Title  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I still don't have money I just go anyway!
    • I'm hooked .... like a fish.
    • I think there's always going to be something big coming when it comes to Clay.
    • Not only did he take his life back he took the power from them.
    • He is large and in charge and I love it!
    • He puts a happy face on my heart!

Scarlett,

Thank you so much for the Pala videos. I was there and it was my favorite of the tour.

On my computer, two of the videos had blips: MOAM and LAA. Did anyone else notice blips?

Can you pinpoint where in the video? Hmm about 2:58 on MOAM I didn't see a glitch in LAA.

I think what I thought was a blip in LAA was just Clay. I think his voice broke on the first line.

Ahh ok. So there was one in MOAM but I believe LAA is good. Thanks for confirming. Scarlett when you come around, can you see if that blip is in the tape or the processing? Thanks a bunch.

I think what I thought was a blip in LAA was just Clay. I think his voice broke on the first line.

Ahh ok. So there was one in MOAM but I believe LAA is good. Thanks for confirming. Scarlett when you come around, can you see if that blip is in the tape or the processing? Thanks a bunch.

Sorry about that. I just offloaded Pala because I'm running Waukegan -- These are also nice because he starts too early in MDYK and then too late in MCWL and it's the one with stories from PA & Told4Clay. But when the Waukegan clips finish -- I only have 9 because someone "told on me' and I got shut down on WTOW. What we have is great, though -- I'll put back the Pala main file and check to see if the MOAM glitch was on the tape. *crosses fingers that it was just me*

Sorry about that. I just offloaded Pala because I'm running Waukegan -- These are also nice because he starts too early in MDYK and then too late in MCWL and it's the one with stories from PA & Told4Clay. But when the Waukegan clips finish -- I only have 9 because someone "told on me' and I got shut down on WTOW. What we have is great, though -- I'll put back the Pala main file and check to see if the MOAM glitch was on the tape. *crosses fingers that it was just me*

Thanks a lot. I'm just on the TV medley anyway so I have a few to go before I need to worry about MOAM.

Totally OFF topic, but just want to get it out of my system - I finally finished my 3rd quarter finals with 2 hours & 7 minutes to spare! :dancingpickle:

Totally ON topic, but just want to get it out of my system - :Iluvclaysbutt:

G'night all! :BlowKiss:

Somewhere in the house I have a really bad quality videotape of the original Hitchhiker's TV series, from a PBS showing, I think. It might even be on Betamax, if I copied it back in the 80's. Don't know if it would be worth it to transfer to digital, but I'll post if anyone is interested.

I'm interested too. :lilredani:

Me too...because I know where my towel is. *g*

Yes, you must always have your towel..... :D

I am interested in that too.... somewhere I believe I have a bad VHS tape version of it too from PBS!! Was that in the 80's?? :) We didn't get very good TV reception back then!

FWIW, the BBC version is also available from Amazon.

Also, I have some audio versions of the radio show I can share if anyone is interested! PM me, and I'll send you a link. :)

Totally OFF topic, but just want to get it out of my system - I finally finished my 3rd quarter finals with 2 hours & 7 minutes to spare!
:nana: :14:

CONGRATS ANNA!!!

Thanks a lot. I'm just on the TV medley anyway so I have a few to go before I need to worry about MOAM.

New MOAM files have been uploaded: XviD mp4 mp3

The master file was ok so yes, I did it. :(

Totally OFF topic, but just want to get it out of my system - I finally finished my 3rd quarter finals with 2 hours & 7 minutes to spare! :dancingpickle:

Totally ON topic, but just want to get it out of my system - :Iluvclaysbutt:

G'night all! :BlowKiss:

Way to go, anna! :clap::clap::clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzqzs1rzV8...feature=related

John Denver, signing to The Lord's Prayer. When I was watching this, I could see Clay doing this at a live gig. Actually, I wish there was a universal sign-language, so that people who travel to a completely different country can have the critical basics in communication. I was totally amazed to discover there is no universal sign language, and in fact my friend who told me this (herself a deaf sign language teacher) seemed adamant that it was best the way it is. Does not make sense to me.

OK, so I dreamt I woke up and there were tour dates posted on the west coast. Hee, some dream!

Back to the grind today, but it's March break for son #2 so at least I don't have to go through the song and dance every morning to get him out the door on time. I can relax and take my time! And the weather is nice and my sliding door is in and the kitchen is bright. :clap:

FromClaygary, we really should try to align our schedules, shouldn't we? :cryingwlaughter: Yesterday was just a quick trip, to deliver a car, and pick up a kid. No time for beach walking (although it sounds fun!) But in a couple of weeks, we will go to the Toronto cluncheon, and make time for an Indian dinner, so there!

ETA: Thanks for the Pala clips, Scarlett! :BlowKiss:

Good Morning Everyone,

4 Days until The First Day of Spring!

:yahoo:

12 Days until Clay is presenting Tyra with her GLAAD award!

15 Days until Playlist: The Very Best of Clay Aiken is available!

23 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Scarlett and K: No Vietnamese for me today. I have an injured foot, caused by avoiding stepping on my pup sleeping in the hall. Another broken toe. Not the Florida-toe, but the one next to it. Doc is sending out pain meds so I'll be soaking in epsom salts, elevating, and catching up on sleep. When I grow up and become a dignified lady, I may stop running in the house. In the meantime, lunch has to be either tomorrow or next week for me,

luckiest, I love that dream! It was in March two years ago that Houston tix went on sale, so I'm getting that loving feeling.

keepingfaith, I have to tell you that I've been thinking about you a lot lately because I'm reading an amazing book called Girls Like Us--about Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon. It's not so much that I think you're a big fan of them and/or their music...although I'm sure you grew up with the songs as much as I did...but because of all the information in here about the growth of the women's 'movement' and the various personalities in the music scene in those decades.

My god, the INCESTUOUS family of music! And of course, during the whole 'sexual awakening' era for women and birth control and Woodstock and the Laurel Canyon inhabitants that pretty much covered the bulk of the influential musicians of a certain time and...

It's a fascinating book! I can't put it down and have just been floored by some of the discoveries in the pages--intertwining lives of Joni Mitchell, Carole Kin, Carly Simon, Warren Beatty, James Taylor, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Jim Morrison, Grace Slick, Jack Nickelson, Jackson Brown, Kris Kristofferson, Neil Sedaka, Curtis Mayfield, Cat Stevens,

It never ends! A cornucopia of personalities and talent and musical genius and drug addiction and sexual indiscretion and OMG! It's truly fascinating... I heartily recommend it to anyone of 'our' generation...and anybody else! I've told my 17-year-old that I hope she reads it sometime as, not only does it tell the story of the music of my life, but also is candid about the changes in the world's expectations and views of women in their own lives.

Author is Sheila Weller.

And I want the rest of you cowboys to know - there's a new sheriff in town, and his name is Reggie Hammond.

Oh you've moved on?

I knew all weekend long I was having company around noon..and that still wasn't motivation enough to get things done. I HATE CLEANING AND WASHING. Now I have 3 hours to get as much done as possible -- all undone rooms will of course be OFFLIMITS. :cryingwlaughter:

Happy Monday.

So does anyone know if Mandy Moore was a singer first or an actress. I don't know her singing but I really like her as an actress. One of her movies is on my list of all time favorites - a teen movie of all things. I saw Because I Said So over the weekend and that's the kind of girly romantic fluff I like.

See ya later if I survive. I think I'll blast Clay while I do it..that should help a little.

So does anyone know if Mandy Moore was a singer first or an actress. I don't know her singing but I really like her as an actress. One of her movies is on my list of all time favorites - a teen movie of all things. I saw Because I Said So over the weekend and that's the kind of girly romantic fluff I like.

Mandy is a local central Florida girl-- went to Park Maitland school in Maitland, FL, (where my husband delivered mail in the 90's) as well as Bishop Moore High. She was a singer first, known for performing the National Anthem at various events. Got a recording contract at 14.

I remember hearing her radio interviews around town, and I'm pretty sure I heard her sing the anthem live on air once.

Clay content: He sure can sing the anthem.

:happybirthday01:Gibby!! :bdayparty2:

Leno_9_15_06_20.jpg

PermaHouston1.jpg

perma_wp06b.jpg

2006Merrillville113ct600.jpg

dc4clay_waukegan1106.jpg

:hubbahubba: I love popping onto FCA and having Stubble!Clay! here to greet me, even though it does funny things to my heart... like stop it in its tracks for a second. :tasty::dead-1:

Happy late birthday, Gibby!!

And...

Annie: I thought you were good, Paul, but you're not... you're just another dirty birdy.

Paul: You must remember that Misery's spirit is what is important, and we still have that.

Annie: I don't want her spirit, I WANT HER AND YOU KILLED HER! YOU KILLED MY MISERY!

From Misery, although they might not be exact. I loved crazy Kathy Bates.

Misery is one of the few King movies that is almost as good as the book although I get a completely different vibe from each. They are both great.

Kimiye -- thank you. I seem to recall that now about her and that she's been around a long time.

Stephen King movies that I actually liked: The Shining (original), The Green Mile, The Stand (miniseries), Shawshank Redemption. That's about it. Hee, don't even get me started on 1408....I will never be able to listen to that Carpenter's song again for as long as I live. Love the books though!

Stephen King movies that I actually liked: The Shining (original), The Green Mile, The Stand (miniseries), Shawshank Redemption. That's about it. Hee, don't even get me started on 1408....I will never be able to listen to that Carpenter's song again for as long as I live. Love the books though!

Lucky..I think you got them all. LOL

If anyone here hasn't seen Shawshank Redemption - run don't walk to your video store.

ETA: to fix typos in one freakin' line.

keepingfaith, I have to tell you that I've been thinking about you a lot lately because I'm reading an amazing book called Girls Like Us--about Carole King, Joni Mitchell and Carly Simon. It's not so much that I think you're a big fan of them and/or their music...although I'm sure you grew up with the songs as much as I did...but because of all the information in here about the growth of the women's 'movement' and the various personalities in the music scene in those decades.

My god, the INCESTUOUS family of music! And of course, during the whole 'sexual awakening' era for women and birth control and Woodstock and the Laurel Canyon inhabitants that pretty much covered the bulk of the influential musicians of a certain time and...

It's a fascinating book! I can't put it down and have just been floored by some of the discoveries in the pages--intertwining lives of Joni Mitchell, Carole Kin, Carly Simon, Warren Beatty, James Taylor, David Crosby, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Jim Morrison, Grace Slick, Jack Nickelson, Jackson Brown, Kris Kristofferson, Neil Sedaka, Curtis Mayfield, Cat Stevens,

It never ends! A cornucopia of personalities and talent and musical genius and drug addiction and sexual indiscretion and OMG! It's truly fascinating... I heartily recommend it to anyone of 'our' generation...and anybody else! I've told my 17-year-old that I hope she reads it sometime as, not only does it tell the story of the music of my life, but also is candid about the changes in the world's expectations and views of women in their own lives.

Author is Sheila Weller.

:clay: I had to come out of lurkdom to reply to this! Muski, I have heard of this book but didn't know the title or who the author was so I want to say THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU

I'm heading over to Borders with a gift card today and hoping they have it.

eta - Dropping this off. Please forgive if this has laready been posted.

:hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba: