#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

BWAH! "Double hung"! Diva, my dear...that's a keeper! And DUH! You'd BETTER ringading me and couchie when you're here!

Speaking of couchie, what's going on? Not that I'd ever complain about needing to give you hugs, babe, but what's shakin' in your world that makes you so receptive to them right now? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay on TV. :allgood:

Yesterday the one woman in my office who, for some reason, absolutely HATES Clay said to me, "I saw your guy on tv the other day--some interview talking about another Idol person or something. He was QUITE the queen." I just "hmmmm'd" and went on about my business.

Later Alex and I were in the car and I told her what the woman had said. I looked over and Alex was pressing her lips together and trying not to smirk. At first I was just going to let it go, then I said, "What's that for?"

"It would be interesting if Clay and Prince did a show together."

"Huh? Why, do you think Prince is gay, too?"

"I don't think Clay is gay. But they're both rather....flamboyant."

:huh:

All righty, then. The more I thought about things, the more both conversations made sense. The office woman only knows Clay from what hits the news. She doesn't like the kind of songs she associates with him (American Idol season 2) and hasn't listened to anything else since then. She thinks he's about as gay as a man can be.

My daughter has seen Clay in concert now twice---at the San Jose IT and the Long Island JNaT07. She's also seen DVD's of his solo tour and JBT and his appearances on Tyra and Kimmel and has heard all his songs (I AM her mother, after all. :lol: ). She knows about the tabloid shit and his most recent contest challenge in his blog. So she's comfortable with her assessment of him as a great singer, a great entertainer and---in her opinon---a straight man. She's not gah-gah over his music choices, but she respects his talent. AND she thinks he has some 'flamboyant' ways.

She's right. :medium-smiley-070:

Can't get over the tongue

So supple, so pink, so long

If it ever licked me

I think I would squee

Good gracious, the lad's "double hung"!

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!! Brilliant!!! :clap:

:funny:

I am listening to LAA right now. This song is so beautiful. The lyrics are so amazing.

Before it, I listened to IYDKMBN. The man has such soul.

BW is next.

I had TOA cranked up earlier (there are advantages to being in an office all by yourself all day).

And I listened to TOUCH and felt him seduce me with his voice.

Clay sings pretty, y'all.

I mean, he can sing almost anything, any style, any mood. He can rock out. He can be soulful. He can be tender. He can be sexy.

But unfortunately, he's also like Chinese food. You're hungry for more in no time at all.

I want more music from Clay. I would love it if he were starting to put together another album (I don't think he is, though....). And it has nothing to do with ATDW. Its only because I want MORE!!!

I'm a gluton for Clay. I am a gluton for his music. I just want to devour him his music.

I guess sometimes when you get all caught up in the smut and the lust and the discussions of hair and tongues and other appendages, and the Pods and all, you can forget just how good his music is. At least I can. I am a bad Clay fan, because I don't play Clay all day every day. Just every now and then and when I do, it just hits me over the head - something like this: :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

The man can sing!

hi

You guys are still the most reasonable articulate bunch around.....Maybe you say it all and I read and have nothing to add, I dont know...I really want to find the time to post more and say more....but like I said, by the time I read, you have said it all .lol..

I was listening to ATDW in my car as usual...I turned it up and listened to the VOICE....yes, that man sings purty...he can sing anything....and I like it!

The tongue? NO COMMENT! just a minute....

got lost in thought for a moment....whew!

There must be something in the air today, because I pulled out ATDW again this morning after having been on a bit of a break from it while I tried to catch ATD on the local AC station. When spend eight hours hoping for a little crumb that never drops, when I can have have the full 50 minute banquet over and over again? [Yeah, that metaphor sucks, but whateva...]

Hey, rcknrllmom! Good to hear from ya!

:tongue57: :medium-smiley-048: :medium-smiley-075: :tongue70: <= Are all these tongue dealies new, or did I just never notice them before?

There must be something in the air today, because I pulled out ATDW again this morning after having been on a bit of a break from it while I tried to catch ATD on the local AC station. When spend eight hours hoping for a little crumb that never drops, when I can have have the full 50 minute banquet over and over again? [Yeah, that metaphor sucks, but whateva...]

Hey, rcknrllmom! Good to hear from ya!

:tongue57: :medium-smiley-048: :medium-smiley-075: :tongue70: <= Are all these tongue dealies new, or did I just never notice them before?

Ooooooh! And bottle, let's not forget my favorite-- :medium-smiley-070: I LOVE the agility of this guy...watch how he makes sure both sides are treated by his wiggly tongue---left, right...as thorough as I'm sure Mr. Aiken is...

gah thud drool slurp moan whimper :hubbahubba: Ohhh...there's another tongue! :medium-smiley-070:

Oh you guys are too funny...I guess the reason that at times the public and the media forget he is a singer is that there is just so much to talk about him. But yes...in the root of it all is this mans incredible talent and voice.

Yup listening to ATDW again yesterday..sigh it some good...

I think its time for another listening party...

calling ldyjocelyn!!!!

so on the question of who is more sexy Clay or Taylor...who was answering? Someone from RCA??? How could that be??? Didn't this guy get the memo from Evil Clive...only negative stuff for Clay...sheesh!!!

Divayenta...funny stuff..

(((Couchie))) although I know she got some good news too so YAY for her.

Howdy rcknrllmom!!!

:medium-smiley-070: :medium-smiley-070: :hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

just because...hee

I have now successfully whittled away this day, having not one tangible indication of productivity anywhere around me. Yes, I realize it's only 2:25 pm here, but I've done so very well at doing nothing for this much of the day, why mess with perfection? I see absolutely no reason to make some lame attempt at completing any relevant task before 5 pm, do you?

Thought not.

Divayenta, that was so very, very clever. And I believe so very, very true as well.

I just want to devour him his music.

Why did you cross out "him?" I want to devour him AND his music!

I guess sometimes when you get all caught up in the smut and the lust and the discussions of hair and tongues and other appendages, and the Pods and all, you can forget just how good his music is. At least I can. I am a bad Clay fan, because I don't play Clay all day every day. Just every now and then and when I do, it just hits me over the head - something like this: :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

The man can sing!

CG, I really don't listen to Clay every day either, so I can be called a "bad fan" by that definition too. (Of course, that label sucks, but that's a discussion for another day...) But it truly is amazing when, after leaving him for a bit, how much the power hits. I do believe in the adage that sometimes, abscence makes the heart grow fonder, and in regards to Clay's voice, I find that pretty darn true. Suddenly, the lightning just strikes, you know? It's that gooooood.

got lost in thought for a moment....whew!

I tend to have that happen to me quite frequently when it comes to Clay Aiken. *g* Good to see you rcknrllmom!

I've never seen them either. But I'm beginning to think this obsession with the tongue is going a bit.too.far. (Which of course means that everyone will put a tongue emoticon in their posts, just to bug me. Heh. ETA: I see bottlecap was reading my mind while writing my post...)

!05 spins yesterday, up 1 from the day before up 3 from the previous week.

:allgood:

I think its time for another listening party...

calling ldyjocelyn!!!!

I'll have to check my schedule and see when would be good for me. What is the best time for one of these? Fridays? Saturdays? Friday AND Saturday consecutive? Any other times? Also, we were thinking of doing MOAM too. Want to do MOAM, or ATDW again, or both? Ideas please!

I have now successfully whittled away this day, having not one tangible indication of productivity anywhere around me. Yes, I realize it's only 2:25 pm here, but I've done so very well at doing nothing for this much of the day, why mess with perfection? I see absolutely no reason to make some lame attempt at completing any relevant task before 5 pm, do you?

Thought not.

You know, it's weird. I had a flash of inspiration here today, and actually WORKED. On a Friday, no less. One big thing got off my list today -- I'm in charge of a summit in early April, and I was needing presenters. I put on my walking shoes, and started on my walk when it suddenly hit me. One phone call, and 15 minutes later, I have my programs set. I love it when a plan comes together!

OK, but now it's Friday. I need :voll::wein:

:partytime2:

I've never seen them either. But I'm beginning to think this obsession with the tongue is going a bit.too.far. (Which of course means that everyone will put a tongue emoticon in their posts, just to bug me. Heh. ETA: I see bottlecap was reading my mind while writing my post...)

Well, crap..... Maybe you just prefer your smilies with a ssslllooowww tongue?

silly_tongue.gif

I thought it was a nice change from all the ATD ball imagery, whether spinning 8ball.gif,

swaying blue_ornament.gif,

bouncing jumping_ball.gif,

or whatnot.

[Yeah, this is a very sad way to spend a Friday evening.]

From the OFC:

02/09/07 : Clay Aiken to Host Morning Show

By Team Clay

Clay will co-host The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet on Thursday, February 22nd!

So, put those hands to good use and turn your television to FOX on February 22 at 9 a.m., when multi-platinum-selling recording artist Clay Aiken co-hosts with TV’s favorite cut-ups on “The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet.” Hosts Mike Jerrick and Juliet Huddy – called a “marvelous city duo” that “deserves a warm, warm welcome” by The New York Times – lend their dynamic personalities to discussions concerning hot topics in pop culture; family-focused subjects, such as women’s health, fashion, parenting and relationships; and general entertainment.

The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet airs at 9 a.m. in most markets. Not sure where you can catch The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet? Click here to find out. More details to come...

======================================

This post is 89% tongue-free.

GreensboroGrin.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE again for the OFC news of Clay on TV!!!!!!

Thanks for making your post almost tongue free, bottlecap. Now, playbiller, though...she's a troublemaker. I just don't know what we can do with her. *g*

I'm thinking any gift sent to Clay on the Jimmy Kimmel show might be overridden by this:

Clay and Krispy Kreme: True Love

Because Valentine's day is all about sweets, Krispy Kreme is selling heart shaped donuts until Feb. 14. For each dozen purchased, people get 12 cards with a free donut coupon to give to friends. The chain is also sending box loads to celebrities during Fashion Week and to Clay Aiken for his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel next week.

Now, THAT'S marketing. *g*

He does have the most delicious mouth.....

I wonder if he likes KK creme filled donuts. I mean, can you just see him eating one, flicking his tongue at it the tip as the first sign of the creme appears, licking the creme as it oozes out, circling the donut with his nimble tongue?????

Man I really want a donut right about now! :medium-smiley-070:

Youse guys have to tell me about these listening pahties, how do they work?

Don't own an ipod, but I have a 9 CD shuffledeck in my Vulv-Er Volvo. Still thinkin' bout the tongue, I guess!

Okay, Dolly Parton "Little Sparrow", "Celtic Woman", two ATDW's , one with the 2 extras songs, Thomas Otten (dreamy New Age counter tenor), Donovan, Guarini's fabulous jazz album, AIW.

Yah, every time the Aikenator comes up, I just have to listen to those tones- but it's more than that, it's the breathy , shivering endings, the sweet sexuality, well, you get the picture. The world MUST hear IFYDKMBN and LAA.

Hey playbiller, was that you mentioning The White Rapper show? I am positively hooked on it. Just watched the video challenge and Persia's team doing the old school takeoff was a hoot with the dancing grandmas. Did NOT like the strip club tryout in the previous eppy. But now I"m walking around the house with my gut hanging out, wearing a neck collar , an old hat, hubby's still in Hawaii. Yeah- I'm a hip hop gramma! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

homerdonuts.gif

Clay in his forties. Hi K!! This hip hop granny is off to bed soon. Dang, I"m really addicted to this White Rapper show.

TV sucks tonite. Was watching some 1991 klunker with Kelly Preston as the suspicious SIL to be of an evil bride. Kelly was a Meg Ryan clone back then.

Boy, it was so much easier to be stylin' back then. A french braid, baggy jeans and a pair of Adidas. Too much work now!

I want to go to that rap emporium in Queens, they had some fun stuff there! I lived in Jamaica, Queens when I was a tot.