#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Couuuuuuchie, minionhood is callllllling your naaaaaame.....

I said it on another board, but it's still true:

I find your ideas intriguing and would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

Amen.

Do I have to get dressed up in order to attend the Church Of Couchie?

Oh, due to circumstances beyond my control, I was in a KMart on Saturday - they have fully restocked ATDW, complete with the download stuff! About 15 of them!

I have not figured how this is all part of an evil plan, though, so I don't know if I should be pleased or not - oh, wait - I'm happy!

Although this is a quite urban music section - but then again, no ATDWs for at least a month, so it is good!

Edited by djs111

Hey Couchina, I love what you say about embracing our diversity and AGES in this fandom. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Yessss! I hate the implied cultural shame when Clay is associated with women of wisdom, juiciness and fabulousness. I admit to having felt that shame occasionally, but then I have to slap myself upside the head with that attitude. It's really about fan behaviours, not looks, weight, age, sex, blah blah blah.

I just read at the CH via CV that whoever was checking on the seat availability for Mike and Juliet was told that they'd been swamped with calls and that Clay was considered a very big deal! I love reading stuff like that.

He's such an interesting fella, I think people just are curious and entertained whenever BF weighs in on something. He always has such a unique and witty take on things. People just want to know. He reminds me of my high school crush and best friend (I was too chicken to tell him about the crush). He was tall , skinny, didn't think he was cute, but was and had the best sense of humor I ever knew.

You're all nuts medium-smiley-056.gif

I personally waste my time going to banks that tell me they don't know how to do thier job and they need to get someone in from the main bank to handle my request (very, very simple request, hehe and IRA roll over. Banks do this all the time, but around me, they are apparently hiring people with mental limitations. They must work cheap.

Well, while I work on my scandal, (I am stuck on the he saw the card part) why not think of things that could happen that would make heads spin

We all ready have

1. Clay signs again with RCA

2. I suggested that David Foster get hired by work for BMG

Any other great suggestions? Maybe Clay gets married has a kid and makes Clive the child's godfather?

I really want to have fun instead of being frustrated.

Edited by playbiller

How's this for fun, play? I'm at work and listening to my iTunes...I uploaded my "Essential Heart" 2-disc collection and all of a sudden I hear Ann Wilson TEARING.UP. a song that I immediately started having little orgasms imagining Clay singing...

Tell It Like It Is.

Think about it. :hubbahubba:

gawd. just.kill.me. now.

Oh, and Diva? I've always LOVED referring to 'mature' women as 'juicy'...heh. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by muskifest

Well, while I work on my scandal, (I am stuck on the he saw the card part) why not think of things that could happen that would make heads spin

We all ready have

1. Clay signs again with RCA

2. I suggested that David Foster get hired by work for BMG

Any other great suggestions? Maybe Clay gets married has a kid and makes Clive the child's godfather?

I really want to have fun instead of being frustrated.

Head spinning scenarios:

Clay Aiken is the new Brian Dunkleman as he takes the American Idol co-hosting gig with Ryan Secrest.

Finally, the infamous turkey baster gets put to use. Clay makes like David Crosby, and acts as a sperm donor for Rosie and her partner.

Feeling cocky, Clay makes an off-camera pass at Lara Spencer and is banned from The Insider airwaves going forward.

Tyra makes a surprise appearance on Kimmel Wednesday night and screams at Gabrielle Union to get away from her man. Jerome is busy flirting with KAndre and doesn't notice that Clay might be in peril from flying stilettos and whatnot. muski manages to whisk Clay away to safety, and Scarlett having thwarted the camera police in the studio, somehow gets Clack of the whole episode, including Clay's declaration that FCA is his favorite fan board.

Tyra makes a surprise appearance on Kimmel Wednesday night and screams at Gabrielle Union to get away from her man. Jerome is busy flirting with KAndre and doesn't notice that Clay might be in peril from flying stilettos and whatnot. muski manages to whisk Clay away to safety, and Scarlett having thwarted the camera police in the studio, somehow gets Clack of the whole episode, including Clay's declaration that FCA is his favorite fan board.

OMG that is hysterical. I believe in the power of Scarlett!

I love you people.

And I love you for offering me a Kimmel ticket. But I've already put that out of my head and actually have two appointments for that day. Anyway, is there anybody available during the day to take reports from Muski and KAndre? I can take over about 5:30 and get any late reports!

Amen sistahs!!!! Couchie does not rant too often but when she does its truly effective!!!!

POD...POD...the call of the POD is strong.

What I find really frustrating is that the pods want to have company in their misery. They don't like to suffer alone...they like to recruit people and to get people to be as miserable as them. WHY? What is the purpose???

I was arguing with one PODDIE once who seem to be their attack dog. She simply goes on attack mode everytime someone makes reasonable arguments against their conspiracy. She told me she feels she needs to attack all argument cos its important for the fans to KNOW what was done to Clay...

They also feel that its better to spread the idea that Clay was screwed over than to accept that Clay may not be as hot as he was three years ago....

OOOOKAAAAYYYY!!!!! whats wrong with this logic...oh yeah...there is none...

first of all...nobody knows what is happening with Clay's career. I was shocked to hear that they were taking "insider" infos as gospel. I used to know one of the people that had regular "insider" info. I knew for a fact she made stories up according to what SHE thinks is happening. Insider infos come from gossip that may be malicious or goes through all kinds of filters. SO unless their info is coming from Clay's inner circle...I just don't trust them

second...what do they think fans should be doing with this info??? DO they think it helps Clay when fans angrily writes reveiws on amazon that Clay is getting screwed over???do they think it helps Clay when fans start to second guess what they should do...buy the CD or not? Request the song or not? that is just ridiculous. They think they have the power to influence Clay's career???? I don;t think so. The only effect we have is on sales of CD's, tickets and ratings. When people angrily refuse to buy a product because they are upset with Clive the only one that hurts is Clay.

third...when they start to actually talk to people that can affect Clay;s career...like distributors...the media and other industry people and perpetuate the idea that Clay is fighting with his label...that is not helpful. Not only will if affect Clay's current relationships in his label..,if he is indeed moving to a new one...it just serves as more proof that Clay has a group of wacko fans that don't know when to stay out of his business,

Finally...I do not understand what people are expecting from Clay's career....Yes it was a meteoric rise at first...but it cannot be that way all the time...there will naturally be plateaus and even some valleys. But that does not mean that Clay's career is over. That is actually showing very very little faith in Clay.

The thing is...the POD mentality is very, very tempting sometimes. It is so easy to just put a blame on someone cos Clay is not selling platinum...it is easy to think that all that needs to happen is for Clay to change label and all will be well. Its scary to think that the problem here is that Clay does not fit the popular trends cos that is a harder thing to fight. I also think that for the fans that didn;t get their rockstar Clay...they want to believe that it is hidden inside Clay somewhere and it will be released as soon as he gets out of RCA...if people are really relying on this...all I can say is These Open Arms....Clay had a rock song in that CD...and HE took out the rock elements and made it pop....I think that tells us about Clays real musical direction.

Nope I'm not a pod person.I really feel bad for them because everything is a fight and something of a disappointment. I just wish they wouldn;t ruin the fan experience for all of us. I used to be able to post in other boards...but now...I just find it too depressing to even read because there is so much bitterness. If they look around podland and see that its all pod people around them...they may make the mistake of thinking they recruited everyone...but they should look closely...they are just much much smaller now, because non pods have left and looked for other playgrounds...

that is classic Bottle...GAH...quick...what happens as Muski whisks him away!!! you can;t stop there!!!!

OK...other pod head spinning/exploding scenario...this is fun....

Clay has signed up to be BArry Manilows opening act in Vegas!!!

Barry will produce his next CD...

Yikes that one even scares me...hee

GUH. I used to hate that word,but jeezlouise, what else is there? The Perma can sure capture the beauty and there is none more beautiful.

Head exploding scenario? Well, Kandre and I have a silly scandalous one in the works, but lets see.

Clay's next album: Pat Boone's greatest HIts!!!

Savor the "vocal stylings" of Clay Aiken live at the Chickaboom Lounge on this classic CD as he honors his REAL mentor, the one and only Pat Boone!

"Extras" on the CD- 2 Engelbert Humperdinck faves and Matt Munro's "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"!!

And , in a nod to country, Aiken collaborated with Larry the Cable Guy to pen the foot stompin' "Get 'Er Done!"

:fca:

Divayenta, could that 2 CD set include a duet of the haunting and touching "You Light Up My Life" with the luminous Debbie Boone?

BWAH!!!!

and what about Feelings...it MUST BE in the track list.

You guys are tripping. I have it on great authority from my super sekrit source that Clay's new direction is more Andy williamsish. We know he loved to watch the Xmas specials and he wants to be Andy for the 2000s.

So what's everybody's thoughts on wrapping up the google experiement in another week or so.

Well, geesh. My supra-sekrit decoder ring (gotten from Ovaltine last week) told me that Clay would be heavily influenced by Avalon, with a touch of John Denver thrown in for good measure.

But if he does either "Midnight at the Oasis" or "Having My Baby," MY head will explode. *g*

No, no, no!! All your super seekrit sources are wrong!!!

My super seekrit source says Clay is doing a double CD set covering the one and only Osmond Brothers! And, now this is really on the hush hush - I hear he's doing a special duet with Marie of "A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock nd Roll". That's a special gift to all his fans who want him to be Rock!Star!Clay!

That picture. Its :hubbahubba:

Anyway, is there anybody available during the day to take reports from Muski and KAndre? I can take over about 5:30 and get any late reports!

I'm available! And muski has all my numbers - and I have already bugged her about calling me with a post show report, so......

Edited by Claygasm

Damn, you poeple are too focused on the music - there are other things in Clay's life - like his mother moving to his house for safety from fans knocking on her door, walking into her kitchen and pulling up her grass, not to mention his grandparents moving in as well, and all his close friends in North Carolina. No secrets will leave that door again.

Then there is his declaration that he will only tour IN North Carolina, that is his country, the rest ofthe palce is foreign and they speak funny.

He will also found a dog preserve for wayward Border Terriers and will present it to his fans as a new non-profit.

His talk show will be filmed in his house and his new movie will be filmed on the property (Clay wastes nothing!). In his movie, he will play a guy dating his dog.

Edited by playbiller

Well, I guess FCA has arrived. We're being bashed on another board! They say we're bashing other fans for having a different opinion. They are insulted by the term Pod Person. They think a pod person is anyone except those who find no fault in Clay and thinks everything is just nifty in Clay land.

Maybe I should take the official definition of a pod person over there. Do you think then they would understand??

It infuriates me that they think we are bashing others because they have a different opinion than we do when its pod people who are totally and completely intolerant of other people's opinions!