#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Heh, ANsa - I did not mean to typw RCA and I = I meant RCA and AI - they are still so focusded on 19 tryingto ruin Clay. ?? Sometimes I wonder, because he is the person they always go to in the audience - the other "grads" are just identified with a title if they are lucky, some are not identified at all.

Hee I kinda presumed it was AI...hee

Well really he is the biggest Personality they helped launched. Kelly and Carrie may have more radio play and Kelly more sales, but in the end...Clay has the bigger buzz. I mean Kelly has had several wardrobe malfunctions yet cannot get talked about...tried to get into party girl mode...and no real media interest.

Do I envy them...not really. I think they are only as good as their next hit CD. Because they have real talent...they have the ability to recover...but they still need to keep the hits coming to maintain a high profile.

I hope everybody who went to the concert tonight managed to make it safely and I hope that the show is everything that I know it can be. I hope he knocks your socks off. An YES, I know it is cold up NORTH, but we "rednecks" in the south have thin blood, and darn it is just COLD down here. I don't like the cold. I don't know how everybody who lives north of the Mason Dixon line does it. I hope everybody stays safe with all that white stuff on the ground. In the south we call it "sand" HAH :) It really is cold down here. We are just not used to this kind of stuff. I hate to tell you "yankee's and displaced southern people" that I did not even wear a coat last year. I don't think it got below 30 degrees here last year. :)

Thank you so much for all the clack. The banter has been wonderful and I have been laughing my arse off for the last two hours. Hope to get some more from tonight.

Thank you again, ((((( waves to all my friends ))))) at FCA.

Have a good night. Talk to ya'll tomorrow. Off to work tomorrow. Hospitals never close.

G

Edited by georgiaclay

I’m thinking of it a bit differently. I don’t necessarily need to hear him analyze his music and how he feels about it. I just think he needs to articulate his direction, where he’s going. Kind of like what he did for ATDW, only much, much earlier and have it be *his* ideas and plans, not Clives. Does that make sense? I think it will only help him in the long run.

I think I agree with you here...but then that takes me back to the earlier part of this post. Maybe he's just not ready to articulate his direction...and he may take a LONG time to get to that point. We'll just have to see, won't we?

I agree with this too...If he can finally pinpoint what his music and direction will be...it will probably help in his marketing and promo.

Yes, this is where I was coming from. Like I said on the Clack House, he needs to make like a politician and announce his platform and then market himself based on that. Provided he really wants to grow his fanbase. If he’s happy where he is, then I’m happy for him. And he’ll always be hot, so there’s that. <g>

I think if CLay talks about his music, he will lose fans - this is such a diverse group of people, everytime he sneezes, he loses fans. He needs more just fangirly fans, and skip the anlysis.

FIrst to go, I would expect, is the Rock!Star!Clay people. I say that thinking he will disavow this basing it on what he really sings.

Yes...and I really don;t mind, because once he sets his musical direction...he can try to build his fan base by making that the selling point.

EXACTLY. He will lose those who don’t like his choice, but I really think once he decides a direction and goes for that market, he will gain many more. We’ve all seen the power of the Aiken. <g> I don't think a wise move is to stay silent in the hopes of retaining all the original fans - that's too hard and won't be effective in the long run. I don't think that's actually what he is doing. I would hope he realizes or that someone around him has told him that he has to please himself when possible because it is NOT possible to please an entire fanbase. It just isn't. Odds are in his favor if he makes himself happy - he has to live with it and if he's happy then most of his fans will be as well. I think the average fan is just not that invested in a particular direction.

Dear Lord....the Williamsburg DSIAFCD...is the best singing clack ever...he sounds in perfect voice, clearly sees the camera and plays to it and the end...where he lets the mike drop just to show the freakin' POWER of his voice...I swear, the volume only dropped a level...he is so clear...

I think he knows a lot of people like nuance, but hell, his power is one of his greatest strengths...he knows this. And baby, if you've got it, flaunt it!

It's the file "061209_Williamsport_DSIAFCD_Joanne_large.wmv" - it's 71 mpgs and even worth a dial-up download in my opinion. Man, that's good.

I was thinking AGAIN (I know, y'all think I'm gonna make a habit of it, but I swear I'm not)...

I was trying to think of why I understand Jenna's, and Ansa's and Play's points and just think Clay isn't particularly headed in the direction of resolving them. His singing does seems to be one of those great, innate unbelievable natural talents - like Cesario said a while ago when people were sending her pictures of his tongue while singing, a lot of his talent is simply physical - he seems to be put together in a way that not many others are in order to generate these sounds...honing his skills helps - thinking about his direction probably would help...but honestly if he never progressed from how he sang on his demos...how he sang during Hometown Connection; hell, how he belted it out during Oklahoma! - his native talent is better than 99% of the people out there, much less many of the so-called singers...

It sounds terrible, but I almost think we won't see a lot of modifications from him until he starts losing that physical edge - when he has to compensate for the power he will lose as he ages.

I was thinking AGAIN (I know, y'all think I'm gonna make a habit of it, but I swear I'm not)...

I was trying to think of why I understand Jenna's, and Ansa's and Play's points and just think Clay isn't particularly headed in the direction of resolving them. His singing does seems to be one of those great, innate unbelievable natural talents - like Cesario said a while ago when people were sending her pictures of his tongue while singing, a lot of his talent is simply physical - he seems to be put together in a way that not many others are in order to generate these sounds...honing his skills helps - thinking about his direction probably would help...but honestly if he never progressed from how he sang on his demos...how he sang during Hometown Connection; hell, how he belted it out during Oklahoma! - his native talent is better than 99% of the people out there, much less many of the so-called singers...

It sounds terrible, but I almost think we won't see a lot of modifications from him until he starts losing that physical edge - when he has to compensate for the power he will lose as he ages.

ummm...you are talking about his vocal style right? I totally agree with you. A lot of his singing is just instinctual. I actually think the reason that he is singing so much better now is that he has had to start using technique to support his natural talent. I think once he started touring, he realized that despite his ntural talents his vocal chords are very vulnerable to strain and getting damages by all the demands he puts on it. SO now, I do see that he has placed a lot of modifications in his singing and as such it has become more expressive and nuanced.

ummm...you are talking about his vocal style right? I totally agree with you. A lot of his singing is just instinctual. I actually think the reason that he is singing so much better now is that he has had to start using technique to support his natural talent. I think once he started touring, he realized that despite his ntural talents his vocal chords are very vulnerable to strain and getting damages by all the demands he puts on it. SO now, I do see that he has placed a lot of modifications in his singing and as such it has become more expressive and nuanced.

Yeah, this is a change in subject from what I was talking about, I believe. Didn't I read somewhere that male voices tend to improve with age and that Clay hadn't even likely reached his full potential yet? Frankly, I don't think his voice is as pure as it once was, but I also don't think that is a bad thing. When he first started I think he had the pure clean voice. Now, I think it's still got the beautiful tone and power, but it's less pure and clean. That may be due to his increased maturity (emotionally, not physically) and his enhanced ability to lend emotion to song. I think it may cause more people to emotionally connect TO his singing, if not him. In simple terms - I think he's feeling it more. <g>

Well, at least he is not smoking like just about all of last years AI crew. I think there were about 4 people who didn't smoke last year.

Now Clay had the natural instinct of not even trying to smoke - thankfully. Can you image how thin that man would be if he smoked!

Williamsport.jpg

"What kind of name is Claygasm? And why are yew looking at mah crotch? Mah zipper is zipped!"

Bottle, you crack me up! :lol:

I'm baaack!!! No time for a recap yet. I have to go to my office Christmas party in a couple of hours! I'll do it later, but suffice it to say it was a great concert - great venue, very receptive audience of largely not.us. types and of course Clay, in great voice - despite having shaven and wearing glasses! :glare:

Dear Lord....the Williamsburg DSIAFCD...is the best singing clack ever...he sounds in perfect voice, clearly sees the camera and plays to it and the end...where he lets the mike drop just to show the freakin' POWER of his voice...I swear, the volume only dropped a level...he is so clear...

I think he knows a lot of people like nuance, but hell, his power is one of his greatest strengths...he knows this. And baby, if you've got it, flaunt it!

It's the file "061209_Williamsport_DSIAFCD_Joanne_large.wmv" - it's 71 mpgs and even worth a dial-up download in my opinion. Man, that's good.

KAndre, when he did this my first thought was that something was wrong with his mic but I swear I could hear him just as well without the mic and with it! It was amazing! Granted, this venue had wonderful acoustics, but still. I'll have to check out this piece of clack.

Oh, and by the way, it wasn't Williamsburg. It was Williamsport! But don't worry. Clay made the same slip!

Now, I have to go take a nap. I didn't get much sleep last night. How I wish I could stay home and download clack instead of going to the Christmas party....

Oh, one more thing. I have to wave to dreamlarge who I had the pleasure of meeting, only to find out she lives almost literally down the road from me!!

What a small Clay world! :)

Edited by Claygasm

georgiaclay, a small demonstration of a southerner who has learned to deal with cold weather. It's all about the layers, baby. Hoodies are a must. Of course, I don't see many guys locally wearing them under cashmere jackets and topped off with designer scarves, but still, you get the idea.

And then there's the whole deal with the flannel pajama bottoms worn in public. Clay's on his own with that one... :P

WilliamsportBus.jpg

Williamsport bus Clay by angelty at CV. angelty's description of the scene:

We joined about 300 to 400 other fans in the cold at the busses.

Clay walked past us as he made his way to the end of the line where he started shaking hands. We heard him say, "I didn't want to walk this far!!!! I'm going to get sick and not be able to sing tomorrow night. Of course, he was joking.

Clay looked so cute in his orange pajamas and long cashmere overcoat.

CAPTION THIS:

Williamsport1.jpg

You won't need no stinkin' binoculars to see up my nose this time...

Scratch that...the caption for this one should be this, from dreamlarge:

When I use the word intimate I don’t mean close-intimate. I mean like carnal-intimate. The entire house could hear him very clearly…a beautiful unembellished voice. It was like he made love to the whole house in ten seconds. I sat in astonishment. I have two more shows, but I miss him already.

Glad you had a wonderful time dreamlarge! That's a pretty dang good image you've left me there....

Dear Lord....the Williamsburg DSIAFCD...is the best singing clack ever..

I’m on the run here. Have to go to a stoooopid cocktail party. *waves to Claygasm* eeeeee. If was so FUN to meet you.

that ending to DSIAFCD? Unbelievable. I got like big ploppy tears in my eyes. It was so unexpected and dramatic, sensual and intensely intimate. When I use the word intimate I don’t mean close-intimate. I mean like carnal-intimate. The entire house could hear him very clearly…a beautiful unembellished voice. It was like he made love to the whole house in ten seconds. I sat in astonishment. I have two more shows, but I miss him already.

I’ll try to recap later.

Oh, I hope someone's still here! I'm in Ft. Lauderdale and...and...my hotel room (suite) is oceanfront! And I haven't seen the Atlantic Ocean in a while and I've got the big sliding doors open and I'm listening to the waves and wind and Clay singing "When I See You Smile" on the big ole' Bose music system and...and....

Hi! Anybody home?

OK, I love him. You all KNOW I love him! I really, really do.

But that is one of the worst pictures I have ever seen! Neither the suit nor shirt look like it fits him properly. His hair looks awful, and we all know what I think of glasses. :glare:

He looked better than that in Williamsport, even with glasses.

Oh please, bring me my smokin' hot Clay back!!! Please????????

I just must be wired differently than at least a few of you then (and good thing, right?), because I think that picture is adorable to me. First of all, there's the eyes. How sparkly they are.

Clothes? See, I've NEVER noticed the fit on clothes for Clay...well, OK, when the PANTS! are good. But for the most part, there's been many instances where people would say "that suit fits terribly" and I'd be like "huh?" I'm much more of a color person myself, so I like the color coordination going on here. There's only truly been one outfit to make me go "blech, ick, never again Clay" and that was the Tonight Show outfit where he sang MDYK. Brown plaid bottoms and navy jacket, with a white belt?!?!?!?

I'm personally a glasses lover myself, and I always find the reactions when he wears the glasses very interesting. I wonder if those who love him in glasses do so because they also wear glasses. (That fits my description at least). It does seem as if the glasses pretty much split the fandom down the middle, either love them or hate them.

As for the hair -- yeah, I'd say I've seen it better. I've also seen it worse. But then, I've always been a "it's just hair, people!" kind of person.

I don't know...I guess I see these pictures of him last night as a sexy businessman who would debacle me, his secretary, on his huge oak desk. :P

I don't know...I guess I see these pictures of him last night as a sexy businessman who would debacle me, his secretary, on his huge oak desk. :P

I don't know - why can't he be the eager young intern, with the big oak desk in the corner office belonging to the high-powered female business executive?

What.

I don't know - why can't he be the eager young intern, with the big oak desk in the corner office belonging to the high-powered female business executive?

What.

I suppose it would depend on who you want to be dominant in these fantasies.

Double what.