#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

Ah HA! And couchie claims NOT to be a smutter...

although he was in and out

NEW MODS! Do your duty! Arrest that woman!

and WHEW~ I was really hoping couchie and Ansa wouldn't pick me :unsure: , cause (to coin Prissy's--from Gone With the Wind-- phrase)

"I don' know nuthin' 'bout pushin' buttons!" ^_^

Well, maybe there ARE times when I push people's buttons the wrong way...but that's another story. B)

What I love about clay is his keen grip on reality. I love just how he takes all the crap and turns it into something funny. He's not crying in his soup saying woe is me which is just why I can't waste any time contorting my brain to come up with a bunch of silly conspiracy theories. If people are working against his interests HE will do something about it. And I'll just applaud him and call him my smart super sexy boyfriend.

Muski.... don't make me come over there.

YAY for ldyjocelyn and Bottle...joining the team...

actually its been pretty easy running this board...that I forget how to do some of the techy stuff...heh

just remember the difference between delete, edit and reply buttons...we've had a few mishaps in the past *coughcouchiecough*

OMG...how great are his banters...

ITA with you ldyjocelyn on the short sightedness of RCA issue. I really think that any recording company would have a hard time working within the parameters Clay himself has set. I even think that at least RCA tried to push him to a younger audience in the beginning with Invisible and The Way. They may be having a hard time envisioning him for the 18 to 35 demographic...but I don;t know if going with another record company will help him open up that market.

I am really very comfortable for Clay having a good but not so outrageously out of control career. Slow and steady wins the race as they say... :D

From ilovemycat0851 at CV:

ALL IS WELL has charted on the Comprehensive Chart at #54. If he was on the 200 Chart it would have been 46.

He's between Brad Paisley Christmas CD and above JoJo.

And the gripes about lack of supply start in 5, 4, 3.... :P

What I love about clay is his keen grip on reality. I love just how he takes all the crap and turns it into something funny. He's not crying in his soup saying woe is me which is just why I can't waste any time contorting my brain to come up with a bunch of silly conspiracy theories. If people are working against his interests HE will do something about it. And I'll just applaud him and call him my smart super sexy boyfriend.
Yeah, that. I'm not one to particularly model my life with someone else's, but in this instance, I really do try to take Clay's stance. If he doesn't seem particularly worried to me, I'm not going to worry either.

Muski.... don't make me come over there.

Are you two going to make me turn this car around and separate you both? :P

YAY for ldyjocelyn and Bottle...joining the team...

actually its been pretty easy running this board...that I forget how to do some of the techy stuff...heh

just remember the difference between delete, edit and reply buttons...we've had a few mishaps in the past *coughcouchiecough*

Heh.

OMG...how great are his banters...

I'm at the point already with this tour that the only thing I'll probably end up downloading IS the banter. It is truly what makes each show unique. I know that people were upset last year that the format didn't lend itself to this...but I appreciate his trying something different, and I thought it was a sweet show. Maybe he'll alternate years with this kind of thing....

ITA with you ldyjocelyn on the short sightedness of RCA issue. I really think that any recording company would have a hard time working within the parameters Clay himself has set. I even think that at least RCA tried to push him to a younger audience in the beginning with Invisible and The Way. They may be having a hard time envisioning him for the 18 to 35 demographic...but I don;t know if going with another record company will help him open up that market.

I am really very comfortable for Clay having a good but not so outrageously out of control career. Slow and steady wins the race as they say... :D

I really think that one of the things that can be both a help and hindrance to Clay's career is that he appeals to so many age groups. There are many, many people out there in their 60's and 70's who appreciate Clay, because he reminds them of performers (Frank, Elvis) when they were kids....or they simply appreciate his voice and humor. There are also people in their teens and 20's who find him irresistible as well. I find this fascinating, and am really pleased that he can span generations like that. I'd venture a guess that Clay likes that as well. But the record companies and radio stations (and I'd even say a few of the fans) cannot handle that -- broad demographics are hard to market. So, instead, Clay will just do his thing, be successful, and win the race eventually.

That Baltimore picture? Hubba hubba. Stubble is my friend.

YAY CLAY!!!! AIW rules! That's pretty darn cool. As for the supply problems....I'll just plug my ears and sing "lalala, I can't hear you..."

OMG ripagate/lovechild is hysterical. I couldn't tell last night if he was snarking about the new tabloid story but apparantly not. Man, I could not live in the glare of the celebrity spotlight.

Let's see - unlucky Clay is dealing with quite a list of problems lately: He's old, fat, balding, losing his voice, subject to wardrobe malfunctions, a bully to little blonde women, ambiguous about his sexuality, abused by RCA, and now he's a deadbeat dad. Poor bastard.... B)

Its a scream isnt it?????? hahaha

I LIKE that pic.......................total thudilicious!!! yowza!

From ilovemycat0851 at CV:

ALL IS WELL has charted on the Comprehensive Chart at #54. If he was on the 200 Chart it would have been 46.

He's between Brad Paisley Christmas CD and above JoJo.

And the gripes about lack of supply start in 5, 4, 3.... :P

So is this just for that week? I wonder if they have the online orders there...cos that would;ve been counted when they actually shipped so that would be 2 weeks ago?

ITs pretty cool I was wondering if they do track exclusive EP's ...I am thinking the stock problems is probably not nationwide I doubt we have been able to keep track of the 2000 or so walmarts in the country.

YAY deborah760 was at last ngihts concert...she had some tech difficulties so she was not able to get all the concert but according to Eva pretty much all of it...

its up at clack umlimited...the audio is great when he is singing...his voice is soo strong.

Who's afraid ofthe big bad mods (bottlecap and ldyjocelyn) - to the best of my knowledge, the most frequently used mod features is to not get the little "edited" on the bottom of the page when you change something. Annoying little feature.

I am loathe to compare Clay's future to anyone else's past, just because I think is is the first breath of fresh air in this business in a long, long while. Everything is so copied from something else. Problem with record companies, problem with marketing today is that they look at what was a success before, and then assume repeating it guarentees success again - something new is a gamble, to be feared, not welcomed.

I think that business has overthought itself - take outsourcing - one of my favorite topics. In the 60's companies outsourced payroll because it was both simple and complex - simple in being the same from company to company and complex in the rules changing every year. Then came ERISA and pension outsourcing was another excellent choice.

But then is seemed to become an outsourcing craze - where school cafeterias outsource to Marriot (which acrtually serves worse food nutritionally and tastewise) and stores are outsourcing selective inventory handling. Now this might be resonable if there was some sort of accounting for mistakes, yet all we have in hand pointing in Walmart, no one really cares enough to do something.

With other companies - choices have been outsources to marketing people that claim they can deterimine "taste" for the masses. The only problem is how do you reflect a new taste? - I know for flavors there are taste tests - but these marketing people just look at what is, and assume that music has to fit in to a tight small market, all other markets be damned. This is basically leading to nothing new under the sun. In a funny way, Idol is challenging RCA to break that mold, but we can see by thier handling of Chris, they are determined to hold that mold intact.

OMG...this MCWL from Baltimore is my very very favorite...he chagned it up so much that it sounds really more current and interesting and his voice is so wonderful...I hope they would have one that is just the song...I need this in my playlist...

Man, he's starting to look like a young Grizzlie Adams! Shave, dude!

I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!! I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAH!!!

*ahem*

See, that's why you have to keep an eye on people - coup d'etats are a way of life around here!

The only thing that I would disagree with GBB on is that I think he's always been an overall entertainer...he's just polishing up his act. And giving not only the label time to come to terms with it, but the international fanbase he's managed to acquire. Clay has already defined himself as an artist musically, IMO - he said he's a song stylist. And a pretty damn good one, I think. I know I've said it before, but honestly, Clay reminds me more of Nat King Cole than anyone else. An amazing talent that didn't quite fit into the boxes of his day, who pushed boundaries of what he was supposed to do and did his best not to be limited; who didn't let external forces stop him. Nat was more of a baritenor I think though.

I admit, I love the "edit-free" nature of my posts - not that I do a lot of editing.

It's zombie ATDW! Cool!

KAndre looks down at muski:

You thought this was a democracy? BWAH HAHAHAHA!

Me, I think we're an Enlightened absolutism with a touch of anarcho-capitalism and a little hint of despotism.

I vote we switch to a Grand Duchy. I can be the Grand Duchess. I think you know who gets to be Duke.

An ATDW ad! But...but...how does that screw Clay Aiken? I get it! They're buying ad time to suck people into stores to buy Clay's CD, but they'll suppress stock supply so that when fans go to the stores, they will be irresistably drawn to buy Daughtrey CD's. Or Fantasia CD's. Or Taylor Hick's CD's. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Since I'm doin' a lot of kissin' up today, I'll just word KAndre. I've always seen Clay as an all round entertainer. He's been out in the entertainment world just over 3 and a half years and look how broad his skills are and how broad his appeal is. So many stars are flash and burn, and while there are a few that still keep referring to his 15 minutes of fame, honestly, how many people's 15 minutes last nearly 4 years

Even back during the IT there was such a stark contrast between Clay and Kelly. Kelly's banter was, "this next song blah,blah,blah" and a demonstration of the lawnmower dance Clay's cellphone schtikt was so good that some idjits thought they were plants in the audience.

Even though some were disappointed in the JNT2 tour because there was no banter. To me it is another demonstration of how good Clay is, because that had to be torture for him not to talk to his audience.

KAndre, I also love your Nat Cole reference, it is high praise to compare him to Nat.

An ATDW ad! But...but...how does that screw Clay Aiken? I get it! They're buying ad time to suck people into stores to buy Clay's CD, but they'll suppress stock supply so that when fans go to the stores, they will be irresistably drawn to buy Daughtrey CD's. Or Fantasia CD's. Or Taylor Hick's CD's. Yeah, that's the ticket!

That's it!! That must be it because there would be no other reason to promote Clay except to use his fans to increase the sales for DAUGHTRY!, Hicks, McPhee, Fantasia, etc., etc., etc.! :lol:

Oh, and Clay got no Grammy nods. And its all RCA/Evil Clive's doing!

Apparently, an ATDW was also spotted on Lifetime. Could others follow? Seems to me that with December television appearances taped, there really was a multi-stage promotional plan.

Yes, Clay has always been an entertainer. I really believe that his sense of humor is key to greater acceptance. The voice is phenomenal, but I think it's his personality that endears. More and more, the talk shows are giving him the opportunity to demonstrate his comedic skills. I was hoping this Christmas format would leave room for more banter. I never dreamed it would be such a laughfest.

BWAH! for Jemock's post on CH:

Let's see if I have this straight:

Clay, who never knew farouche in college, has a love child with her because of when they met a year ago in the basement of the Lyric Opera House, when he was too fat for his zipper to go up all the way. And farouche paid him $300 for that, to which he said in response "Damn, I'm good!" And apparently someone on the phone got a freebie.

Does that sound about right?

Ah...to be referred to as the mother of Clay's love child.... :blink:

....think I'll just take a Jemock minute here.... B)