#5 (plus #6 & #7) - "Well....the weather outside is frightful...but the man is so delightful..."

Ansamcw

IT didnt take long at all. Jerome came out first and told everyone to move back, that he was bringing HIM out....they wanted the kids in the front. aww....there was a lot of people there. I was worried they would rush him and that would be it. He brought him out...I didnt reach for him . too many people. was great to see him up close...the hair looked GOOD. Jerome had a light and kept it shined on all the hands grabbing Clay. There was a car parked and they stopped at the other side of that....someone told me there was some laying down and they told them to get back...seemed at the end he went fast. It struck me that then Jerome put his arm around him like he does and then moved him very fast back to the bus. It went very fast, but its fun to see him up close and personal and it is great he will do that....especially touching all those people with his allergies and people with colds.....

That was about all there was to it...I did see in one of the bus pics I am in the corner of it...cool.

EEEEEEEEEEEE great experience rcknrllmom...which pic were you in...

OK...you guys got me working pretty early today to get these two pages up...heh...

you know how I hate working on anything Clay... ;)

Waukegan

Merrillville

if anybody wants to submit their recaps, pictures or share any special memories...just pm me or couchie.

same with any corrections.

We would like to thank all the clack gatherers and fans that have been so generous in sharing their experiences, talent and resources with the rest of the world.

I've got my thinking cap on again...

I remember people discussing being glad that Clay was going in a more nuanced direction and backing off the full-out, balls-to-the-wall, glory notes (in general, I got the impression that glorying noting just didn't thrill them)...but I think those glory notes represent how he tests himself - those are the few times that we might see him struggle even if everything else is going right; and those are the moments where he gets immediately, tremendous feedback. Of course, I'm a glory note whore, so this just thrills me.

Excuse me if this is in the wrong place...but any one from FCA attending the 12/6 Baltimore concert?????

Would love to meetcha'

Hmmm...you are giving me a good idea...I guess we can see if we can start a representing list for each concerts...just so that people can try to meet each other.

well I better make those other concert threads.

Mornin' all! Another beautiful, crisp, cold (relatively speaking) December day here...bright sunshine and clear skies...

Thanks for doing the link to Ch. 4...I guess I didn't want to assume that everybody would want it...heh.

OMG! Five more days in the office---then I'm off to Florida...then off to New York...then

CLAY! :)

Oh, I went to see opening night of our high school production of Thornton Wilder's "The Matchmaker" (non-musical version of Hello, Dolly!). Alex was Mrs. Malloy, the owner of a hat store in NYC. She didn't appear until the second act, but then was on stage most of the rest of the play. This is the first production's she's had a major role in that was NOT a musical, and I was so proud of her. Know how so often in amateur plays, the actors really, really OVERact? She and the very, very cute boy(I found out he's a senior and is dating a sophomore. I know the girl and she's cute, blond and majorly missing grey matter upstairs. But I imagine that's what most high school boys are interested in, huh? :glare: ) who played her love interest were really good---subtle and believeable. No kissing involved, although I was actually hoping there WOULD be---that boy was hot! ;) ...It was fun...

Now....I'm going to try to be good and get a LOT of work done today...so stop trying to get me to check this danged thread over and over! :angry:

And I mean it.

Shit. Just had to pay a reconnect charge...turns out they disconnected my mom's phone because of a late payment/non payment. I'd written the freaking check, put it in a stamped envelope and then, evidently, forgotten to mail it. I found it this morning in the bottom of a rarely used zipper pocket of my backpack. :glare:

muski looks at CG's avie and repeats and repeats "All Is Well"

Ansa....I have two daughters. Alex is 15 and Carrie is 11. Alex is the one who sings and is in many plays. She plays soccer, too. She's the one who had the spinal fusion surgery when she was 13 and taught me what courage and grace are. She's going to Clay's concert with me and then we're going to bop around NYC together!

Carrie's the joyful one who is milking every single possible moment of childhood out of every single day. Whereas Alex has always been an "old soul", Carrie is not interested AT ALL in growing up! She's too busy playing soccer, killing them from the pitcher's mound, shopping in the boys section of department stores, getting her braces off and now constantly playing with her watermelon-colored retainer, making up dances to songs on her Shuffle and leaving her clothes all over the house. <_<

But I love her anyway. :)

Edited by muskifest

EEEEEEEEEEEE great experience rcknrllmom...which pic were you in...

OK...you guys got me working pretty early today to get these two pages up...heh...

you know how I hate working on anything Clay... ;)

Waukegan

Merrillville

if anybody wants to submit their recaps, pictures or share any special memories...just pm me or couchie.

same with any corrections.

We would like to thank all the clack gatherers and fans that have been so generous in sharing their experiences, talent and resources with the rest of the world.

Ansa, this is so amazing! Thank you so much for preserving these concert moments. I've seen these pages post-tour, but never watched them unfold in "real time" before. Such a wonderful gathering together of highlights, and a way to remember and reflect. Thanks!

Edited by jmh123

So starts another week - and another cellcert.

I am still contemplating going to Williamsport. I managed to find 2 different tickets. And that's no small feat. There is only 1 on ebay, the brokers have none and there are only a very few balcony seats left directly with the venue. Some friends of mine (including the one who went to R&K) are going and I can crash in one of their hotel rooms. I wouldn't even have to drive this time. Neither of the seats are up to my usual standards. I think they are both too far back for me to even bother taking my camera. But they aren't awful. I've just been spoiled with my seats in the past. I just can't decide between them or if I even want to go. Our office Christmas party is that Sunday and I have to make a lasagna for that and I have to go because it is most likely our last one ever. And its a 3 hour drive each way, at least.

But it is Clay. The only concert I am going to is Red Bank and that was enough for me until after this weekend. Now I want more.

What to do. What to do. What to do.

ETA: Saw this over at EAYOR and thought it was a cute story.

Angelty is staying in the same hotel as Clay and posted this at CV:

(angelty)

We just had the nicest conversation in the elevator and on the way to breakfast with Jerome. What a nice man! We offered to buy him breakfast but he was going to eat at the buffet because he was in a hurry. So we chose to eat elsewhere. He gave us some hints about video taking. :biggrin:

He looks really good. Said he lost 30 pounds but by the time the Christmas tour was over, he will probably have gained it back.

We offered to walk Clay's dogs but he just lauged. Well, we were just trying to help. Dee is a riot. She says she is shy but I'm the one who couldn't get a question out. I love Jerome. He asked us questions and seemed to enjoy talking to us.

A surprise is on the way....don't worry no personal pics.

Here's the surprise!

soldout.jpg

Edited by Claygasm

rcknrllmom, so glad you made it home safely! I'm sorry we didn't see you, especially at Smokey Bones. We arrived there early, I'd say about 4:00 p.m. When we were leaving, we saw lots of ladies dressed in their holiday finest. I would venture a guess that most of them were attending a concert that night. :D I'm glad too, that you were able to experience that show. I'm still saying it was simply AMAZING, and it was over 36 hours ago at this point.

muski, thank you for clarifying which daughter was which. I love hearing your family stories -- it sounds like you've got a nice life. Keep us posted with your Mom -- with me having Mom issues myself, it's nice to know I'm not the only one some times.

claygasm, as far as going to a second show, even if the seats are "crap" -- I do it if I were you. The Holiday Star Theater, good Lord, I don't think there was a bad seat in the house. And honestly, the feelings in that room would have made me feel like I was sitting on his lap even if I was in the furthest seat from the stage. (Hmmmm...sitting on Clay's lap....hmmmm) I'm fighting the temptation to go to another show myself, but it really isn't in the cards for me. Besides, I have to save money for the ATDW "Rockin' the Ballads" tour. :D

I forgot to mention this...I finally mentioned to my husband, about 6 hours after getting home yesterday, about the concert. He said, "I'm surprised you hand't said anything up til now." I shot back, "I was waiting for you to ask about the show!" Anyway, I told him the story about Clay's weekend -- the problems Friday night, and how it was painful to watch that piece of clack. And then, I followed through with the triumphant return on Saturday night. His comment -- "I want to see the Friday night clack." GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! But I THINK I know where he's coming from -- musicians learn from their problems, and I would venture a guess that my husband is interested in the learning process that went through Clay's mind in a 24 hour period.

I remember people discussing being glad that Clay was going in a more nuanced direction and backing off the full-out, balls-to-the-wall, glory notes (in general, I got the impression that glorying noting just didn't thrill them)...but I think those glory notes represent how he tests himself - those are the few times that we might see him struggle even if everything else is going right; and those are the moments where he gets immediately, tremendous feedback. Of course, I'm a glory note whore, so this just thrills me.

KAndre, I mostly agree with you here. He does like to push those notes as a way to get feedback...they are so immediate. But Heidi and I were talking after the Saturday performance that he also does "little flourishes" during songs that also test himself. Places where he goes into a high riff when we're not expecting it, things like that. I noticed that several times that night.

BTW, for me -- I love SOME glory notes. The one in AIW is fantabulous to me in concert -- because it ends the show on a definite high. The one in MDYK, though -- man I love the thing, but the spontaneous crowd outburst in the middle of the song kinda ruins the rest of the song for me. Just me.

I remember the other thing that KAndre was talking about yesterday...about how Clay simply loves to sing, how it shows in his performance, and pshaw on those who think that he doesn't love to sing, and those who think he would rather be the humanitarian. That is so, so true -- every single performance I've seen of his, especially live, he radiates the joy in music that he feels. But the other thing I'd say to that...is I don't see a problem with the combination of him loving to sing and also loving to be a hawt humanitarian. It's almost as if, to some fans, he has to be one OR the other. To them, he cannot multitask in this way. Bulls**t. I personally think his humanitarian side feeds into his singing, and vice versa. I noted to Heidi yesterday that during the banter before DSIAFCD, when he starts talking about UNICEF and the BAF, it almost seems that he's gearing himself up for his big finish with the last two songs. The motivation and love he feels for these organizations gives him a focus point, as it were, to finish the concert on a powerful emotional note. I'm babbling here, I hope at least someone can understand me.

I'm not getting anything done here today at work. I wanna go home and watch clack.

A recap of tonight's The Insider from Southern Belle at CV:

Answer to The Insider text poll. What is your favorite room in Clay's house? They read the one from the fan who said "whichever room Clay is in at the moment".

I hope this means that ET and The Insider are done recycling and re-spinning the KRip crap - at least until Clay's Christmas segement airs (or not) on R&K. Of course a little coverage of the Christmas Tour when Clay is in the NYC area might be nice, too. Hee. Maybe KRip will come to a show.... :lol:

rcknrllmom, so glad you made it home safely! I'm sorry we didn't see you, especially at Smokey Bones. We arrived there early, I'd say about 4:00 p.m. When we were leaving, we saw lots of ladies dressed in their holiday finest. I would venture a guess that most of them were attending a concert that night. :D I'm glad too, that you were able to experience that show. I'm still saying it was simply AMAZING, and it was over 36 hours ago at this point.

Where were you sitting? We got there between four and four thirty I would say....how long were you there?

Muski - it looks like that particular piece of clack hasn't made its way to YouTube yet. The only DSIAFCDs that are there are from previous JNTs.

Even though it may say on my resume (which I have yet to write and really should...) that one of my skills is decision making, its not true when it comes to all things Clay. I think I am going to go to Williamsport, but now I have to decide between two tickets. May I take a survey? Please tell me which you would take if you were going.

Ticket #1: Row T, seat 1. This is the 18th row on the left side of the arena facing the stage. Seat 1 is on the center aisle. The advantage here is you can lean out and not be blocked by too many heads.

Ticket #2: Row Q, seat 111. This is the 15th row in the center section. Seat 111 is very close to the center of the section but slightly to the left side. The advantage here is its 3 rows closer and more center.

Which should I take? And if anyone wants the one I don't use I am sure it can be arranged! ;)

Hmmmm....my seat the other night was right on the center aisle, about 15 rows back. I personally loved it because I could lean out a bit and not block those behind me. I will say that at least for Merrillville, he played all sides of the stage, left, right and center.

I'm not much help, am I?

May I take a survey? Please tell me which you would take if you were going.

Ticket #1: Row T, seat 1. This is the 18th row on the left side of the arena facing the stage. Seat 1 is on the center aisle. The advantage here is you can lean out and not be blocked by too many heads.

Ticket #2: Row Q, seat 111. This is the 15th row in the center section. Seat 111 is very close to the center of the section but slightly to the left side. The advantage here is its 3 rows closer and more center.

Which should I take? And if anyone wants the one I don't use I am sure it can be arranged! ;)

To further confuse you, I think I know of a ticket in Row O, right orchestra, seat 14, 16, 18 or 20 (I'm not sure which one of these she had). I just sent an e-mail to inquire, but my friend might still be at work until 6 or so.

All this ticket talk has me wondering if it's too late to catch a nonstop flight to Williamsport....

bwah! :lol:

i think :unsure:

Hmmmm. You could fly to Philly and then on Sunday go to Florida for your business. I know a place you can stay.....:ph34r:

To further confuse you, I think I know of a ticket in Row O, right orchestra, seat 14, 16, 18 or 20 (I'm not sure which one of these she had). I just sent an e-mail to inquire, but my friend might still be at work until 6 or so.

Oh great! More confusion! Um, but do let me know....

ETA: Part 3 of the Virgin CD signing video is up at the OFC and may I just say, after waching it, I MISS THE BANGS!!!! :(

Edited by Claygasm

Something else of interest...Jaymes blogged at the OFC...a very nice blog talking about her work with Clay on ATDW and AIW. We find out that it was Clay that introduced her to AIW and that they only had two weeks to put that together. It was great hearing from her.

Muski your daughters sound so cool...the kind of girls I would love as friend of my girls...It sounds like you are doing a great job as mom...

oh, play..thanks so much, but I'm not going to Red Bank, dang it...just the one in Long Island.

And Ansa...wouldn't that be fun? Our girls hanging out together? Then while they're doing their thing, their mamas could be getting all fangirly and whatnot over that Clay Aiken guy. ;)

oh...and I went over to read Jaymes' message. Cool. then I clicked on her name to read a profile and saw this:

Date of Birth:

January 1, 1982

huh? :blink:

Edited by muskifest