DCAT shirts/pins/buttons/bags/what?

I love the pin idea and the black with red/gold crooked halo is my favorite. People will buy the pin regardless of board mention.

I'll take at least two... gee, it feels like old times...lol!

Sure hope Clay has merchandise this time. NEED to throw more money at him. Would love a tee with this design though.

I haven't bought a pin since the JBT. I wonder if this will send me down that slippery slope again. Love the pins and the whole idea! I'll take enough to use as little gifties for those buds of mine I'm touring with this summer. I would love to have merchandise this tour and PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.....a beautiful tour book because I know I'll buy two of those, one to play with an one for my estate sale. You know, it just occured to me, a smart Clay would market camera and binocular cases with his logo on them.

OK the pin seems to be on the way.. but I wanna tshirt... heeee

YSRN said:

Cafe Press, baby. Anything's feasible! (except maybe that being my actual figure - heh)

texastank.jpg

and this

With either zazzle.com or cafepress, you can create a shirt design and buy ONE if you want. So, we could create a template and everyone can fill in their own, upload a jpg with the design on it, using whatever text you want, and order just one for yourself of whatever style shirt you want, or coffee mug, or whatever... OR, we can make one shirt with blanks and a bunch of choices on the back from which to choose, like your idea, muski. Mix and match, and then people can just sharpie in their choice or make up their own.

I think the got clack shirts came from zazzle. But I've used cafe press too. I'm not sure if you can use "Clay Aiken" or not... they might reject it, so I'll look into it. But there is alot of "Clay" stuff... this one in Men's wear, CMSU:

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/clay/-/pv_des...pt_/fpt_/c_360/

Hee.

Or maybe we could give this one to Clay:

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/clay/-/pv_des...pt_/fpt_/c_360/

:lol:

OK bringing this over from the other thread from YSRN to begin the convo again...Sounds like we need to decide what we want, make a template..and then people can do individual shirts... I'd actually like one that says I did Clsy in CA..etcetc..but I also like the keeping faith stuff with the music terms... off to find that post heee.. can ya'll believe I just figured out how to use search heee.

KEEPINGFAITH'S contributions

And now some Variations on the Theme ......

Scortadura = We're Scoring On The Tour

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and he was Molto Passionato (very passionate)

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and he was Magnifico (magnificent)

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and he was Virtuoso (performed with exceptional artistry)

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and he was Vivacissimo (very lively)

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and he was Strepitoso (loud and noisy)

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and it was Sostenudo (sustained and lengthened)

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and it was Rallentando (slow and deliberate)

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour and it was Marcatissimo (very accentuated)

and last but not least ....

I did Clay on the Symphony Tour for the Bisbigliando! (soft tremolo performed by lightly and rapidly moving fingers back and forth across the strings)

And now ... back to the job.

Any ideas?

Maybe just

DCAT 2007

Molto Passionato!

Magnifico!

Virtuoso!

Vivacissimo!

Strepitoso!

Sostenudo!

Rallentando!

Marcatissimo

other ideas and I have no skill to actually, you know, make this look good.

Couchie, on further reflection I think less may be more. I'd love to have a shirt that says:

DCAT 2007

Magnifico!

Virtuoso!

Molto Passionato!

Maybe have the last one be the Eye-talian translation for "Hot and Sexy" or something on the suggestive side, perhaps?

Couchie, on further reflection I think less may be more. I'd love to have a shirt that says:

DCAT 2007

Magnifico!

Virtuoso!

Molto Passionato!

I really like this suggestion! Simple, straightforward, and yet with a sense of humor (the connection between the symphony and the musical terms is excellent!). Just my two cents.

I haven't posted here often, but I'm one of the diehard pin collectors. I think you'll be able to sell 100 pins easily, particularly if you post the info at CP&F and Got Pins.

Great designs, BTW -- I'm looking forward to purchasing 1 or 2 for myself! FCA pins have always been really nice designs -- the first pin is still one of my very favorites, a true classic.

Word is slowly getting out to us pin collectors.....

I collect pins for my wife and her twin sister, we love the Halo and Devil's tail, great pin design, hope to see it up for sale soon.....take care, David

DCAT 2007

Magnifico!

Virtuoso!

Molto Passionato!

I really like this suggestion! Simple, straightforward, and yet with a sense of humor (the connection between the symphony and the musical terms is excellent!). Just my two cents.

This is cute. But, the only thing I don't like about this idea is it seems too closely associated with the Christmas tour. It just doesn't feel like its about THIS tour.

That's why I would rather see a generic shirt like "I did Clay a thousand different ways....and gave him every I had" with the added tag of "And I have the credit card bills to prove it". Something like that is more in keeping with this summer tour, IMO.

I think the good part about Cafe Press is that people can make one of each.

The one above is simpler cuz I can see it being one design..posting it at CAFE press..and who ever wants one can make the shirt.

I'm over at Cafe Press..reading up on things...so we can get moving on the I Did Clay at...blah blah shirts.

I'm thinking our own store is doable. We can upload the templates and anyone who wants a shirt can have one made. And the profit can go to TBAF. I guess I need to run the images by them..but we don't really use Clay so hopefully it will be ok. Maybe in the next few days we can organize to start working on the templates for the shirts. I'm gonna ask Cindy to do up something for the symphony ones.

OMG this is all so good!!!

I really do want to do a pin just because we need one for the new year...This board is in existance because of the success of our first pin and I thought it would be cool to have one every year

but I also love the button idea...

how does the store work?

I think if we keep using Clay on the sayings we won;t have legal problems ...we can use DCAT with no problem I think...Same with FCA logo since we are not spelling out his name.

Can we order from the store

You'l be able to order your shirts online at cafe press if all goes well...

Cindy is working on the symphony tees... here is a white one up for discussion...and she's still working on the black to draw the colors out a little better. Will post when available. I like it on a tank top too. Feedback please.

ETA: Added the black tee..but as you can see it has some issues...working on it.. well Cindy is working on it. Heee I know nothing.

post-3-1180408026_thumb.jpg

post-3-1180410238_thumb.jpg

post-3-1180410294_thumb.jpg

You'l be able to order your shirts online at cafe press if all goes well...

Cindy is working on the symphony tees... here is a white one up for discussion...and she's still working on the black to draw the colors out a little better. Will post when available. I like it on a tank top too. Feedback please.

ETA: Added the black tee..but as you can see it has some issues...working on it.. well Cindy is working on it. Heee I know nothing.

I don't know why, but when you click on the black background template, it enlarges with a white background and huge! (down, smutters!). I have to think the words would be much clearer 'in person' on the black - I printed it out at home and it's quite a bit brighter.

FYI, I added the little '...Col legno? ;-) ' at the bottom for a grin. (Playing with the wood? Doing Clay?) :eusa_whistle: It's totally removable though.

I also wonder... you could have just the 'DCAT' on the front, and I did Clay in.... on the back. Would that be cheaper that two t-shirts?

Edited by cindilu2

I think it's ok to be two separate shirts. People can by one or the other or both if they really like them.

I really like YSRN's shirt that she showed ..so I think it will be just a matter of figuring out which sayings and making the templates.

ETA: that's cool Cindi.. some might want a shirt with just that on it...the beauty of cafe press.