#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Rant coming, scroll at will...

I hate my job. I hate my superintendent who is making my job a living hell. I hate that I spent all of today on the road looking at an alternative school program that is nothing more than a glorified resource room. I hate that I have to present all the info. and the plans to the school board when I don't even have any kids who either qualify for the program OR are exhibiting behaviors to qualify them. I hate that the superintendent knows JACK SHIT about Special Education and is expecting us to have ALL the plans in place with CHILDREN by Jan. 22. I hate that my superinedent is such a prick that the idea of sitting down and explaining that there are NO children for the program makes me sick to my stomach and my hands sweat. /rant

[whine] I want to hear something from Clay. I listened to his song on the Crooner CD about a 100 times already. Funny, I could have done that without buying it. Oh, and Johnny Mathis sounds like he's hyped up on helium. [/whine]

Happy birthday and anniversary to all celebrating.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

Couchie....it's Fiddy cents. Where's your hip girl? (Not the ones that support the legs).

ldyj...I just bought myself a brand new IPod for your birthday. Thank you so much. :party045: :00000462: :ballon:

Edited by Toots

I have a question - does anyone think there are only 16 Christmas shows, or are there ones not announced yet? (hopefully not in NJ, I can't afford to go to anymore!

Let's see

Nov 26, X, 28, 29, 30

Dec X, 2, X, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, X, 11, 12, 13, X, X, X, X, X, 19, 20, 21, 22

While I accept the single X's, the 5 X's in a row seem unlikely.

He's coming to spend those 5 Xs with me as a birfday present, of course (mine is the 13th, lol). ;)

[/delusion]

So I get back and investigate the poor mighty downfall of Fifty Cent only to discover he sold 659,000 CDs his first week and came in at number 2. WTF.. that's great! Then I look up at number 1 and Kanye sold 930,000. What did I learn from all this? Feuds help :cryingwlaughter: Cuz I think this is the best either of them have ever done. And 2 -- spin is everything.

Woah...I hadn't seen those numbers yet. Jeez, what a failure. :rolleyes: Spin is definitely the word...

Rant coming, scroll at will...

I hate my job. I hate my superintendent who is making my job a living hell. I hate that I spent all of today on the road looking at an alternative school program that is nothing more than a glorified resource room. I hate that I have to present all the info. and the plans to the school board when I don't even have any kids who either qualify for the program OR are exhibiting behaviors to qualify them. I hate that the superintendent knows JACK SHIT about Special Education and is expecting us to have ALL the plans in place with CHILDREN by Jan. 22. I hate that my superinedent is such a prick that the idea of sitting down and explaining that there are NO children for the program makes me sick to my stomach and my hands sweat. /rant

[whine] I want to hear something from Clay. I listened to his song on the Crooner CD about a 100 times already. Funny, I could have done that without buying it. Oh, and Johnny Mathis sounds like he's hyped up on helium. [/whine]

Happy birthday and anniversary to all celebrating.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

Are you trying to say you're having a bad day????? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh dear...hold me FCA...

was just chatting with my girls...My eldest just entered the BIG high school...where there are about 50 to 60 students in her year...(Its big when you considered last year there were only 14 in her class) Anyway...here she is casually telling me about her former classmates that are now smoking and about her convo with some of her new classmates where they were talking about MJ and my daughter didn't know what it was...The others found it so amusing that she didn't drink or do drugs or smoked....thank god my girl just took it all in stride and wasn't upset that she was seen as the innocent one. SIGH...these are just 14 yr olds and some of them talk as if they have been smoking and drinking for years. Its scary for parents nowadays...

SOOOO....

Happy anniversary AIKIM...

Congratulations Carolina Clay...I just hope your grandson wouldn't have to write his full name in school hee.

Clay content...not really worried about the fan club...when its time to renew we will hear about it. I don;t have too much expectations on that score.

Happy Birthday, LdyJ :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And I wish you many happy Clay faces .... such as this one ...

Deby17.jpg

Regarding reupping at OFC, all of you who joined at the beginning actually have a big advantage over us latecomers. I think the original join date was April 2005, and the first renewal was September 2006, or 17 months, now OFC will delay this renewal until Clique is ready ... who knows how long.

For me, I joined June 2, 2006, and on this past June 2nd I was shut out, without an email notice, twelve months to the day. Cutting no slack. However, I received the fulfillment package in about 3-4 weeks, which blew my mind. It came the week of Frisco-Houston-Tulsa. It was raining Clay Aiken merchandise and mementos that week for me.

In 2006 it took about four months to get the fan club package, so this year was a big improvement.

And just because I'm thinking about Clay in Houston right now because that's the night I met LdyJ (and yeah, I slept with her on the first date, too) here's some Houston memories ...

Clays_hips_houston-2.gif

192133482-L.jpg

BlinkingRivet-1.gif

170311359-M-1.jpg

HoustonDCAT21.jpg

170311381-M.jpg

SummerTour2007_161.jpg

SummerTour2007_46.jpg

170304175-M-1.jpg

I just remembered, not only did we sleep together on the first date .... but I took her across state lines the next day and slept with her again!! She's so easy. Just buy her a Cherry Limeade and she's good to go.

Happy Birthday to ldyjocelyn!!!

Looks like your favorite thing is pics of Clay smiling or laughing. Oh, me too. Me too. Well, one of my favorites. In your honor, here is one I've always liked -

060922_TheView_Interview_HD_large01.jpg

A smile that lights up a room for sure.

Happy Anniversary to aikim!!!

Caro - congrats on the new grandson. You know, if he starts right now, he may figure out how to spell his name by the time he graduates from high school! :lol:

Now normally I don't have a twinge of OCD. Except when it come to one Clay Aiken. And, ta dah! After 10 months, I finally have a new avatar! I have been all wrapped up (figuratively apeaking, unfortunately) in them thumpin' thighs for hours. I think I finally got it right. Unless I could figure out how to zoom. But that'd probably be too much. Thanks for all the feedback!

Edited by xxx4clay

Heh. First I sleep with couchie the first time I meet her (in New Hampshire), then I sleep with muski in Chicago, and THEN I sleep with keepingfaith AND her sister one night, followed immediately IN A DIFFERENT STATE sleeping with kf, her sister, AND Clayzorback.

God, I'm such a slut. But I'd only do that for Cly Iken.

triplex, I LURVE that picture. What a cutie patootie, that Cly Iken. And your avatar is fantastic!

I'm going to quit hitting 'quote' and go ahead and reply. Y'all have been chatty today!

Hee. BW, how far are you in that book? Just sayin'. You'll understand.

I see the call has gone out in places for Clay to blog already. Whaaaa? Didn't we just recover from his last blogs? :cryingwlaughter:

ACtually no, I didn't understand at first, and spent all day trying to figure it out. :cryingwlaughter: It finally came to me about an hour ago.

I don't look for Clay to blog anytime soon. His last blogging espisode created such an angst storm, he probably a bit gun-shy.

I've been living in crocks for the past year. They are some ugly ass shoes but they are comfortable. I would never have bought them. They were given to me.

Same here. My daughter gave me a pair for my birthday a couple of years ago. Funny, I don't remember asking for them. And they're butt-ugly but I love them. Very very comfy. We've had escalator accidents involving flip-flops and untied tennis shoes, but not crocs. Escalators just scare the crap outta me in general. Those teeth remind me of some medeival torture apparatus.

Hey Toots, just saw your note about a stolen Visa card. Scroll if you wish.

Another Visa card was cancelled by a bank that said I had made a purchase at TJ MAxx and that the store's records were violated. The bank sent me a new card but I never saw anything out of line on it.

I received notification from DSW (also known as Shoegasm, for those of you who aren't familiar with them) that their records had been compromised and that my information had been stolen. So far, nothing has showed up, but I was told by my bank that often ID theives will sit on the information for months or years before using it.

Perspective is everything I guess. When I went to lunch I had the radio on sports talk as usual. But they were talking about Kanye vs 50 Cent. Now, I don't know much about 50 other than he seemed to have albums out when Clay had his out. And two, that great commercial with him conducting the orchestra as they play his song. A few years ago all I could hear was 50 50 50. But today they were talking about him like he was a "studio generated gangsta." I guess, and I know no details cuz I'm really really square, that Fifty is having a feud with Kanye. Fifty apparantly said that it was cooked up by the record company. And the host was basically kissing Kanye's feet while acting like Fifty was so yesterday because Kanye beat him in sales. So I get back and investigate the poor mighty downfall of Fifty Cent only to discover he sold 659,000 CDs his first week and came in at number 2. WTF.. that's great! Then I look up at number 1 and Kanye sold 930,000. What did I learn from all this? Feuds help :cryingwlaughter: Cuz I think this is the best either of them have ever done. And 2 -- spin is everything.

:cryingwlaughter: There's so much braggadocio in the rap world. The challenge was that Fiddy said he would stop recording solo albums if Kanye outsold him. Maybe that's why the dj was acting like Fiddy was a has been. They posed nose-to-nose on the cover of Rolling Stone this week. The hype really drove their sales, didn't it? Those numbers are amazing.

Couchie....it's Fiddy cents. Where's your hip girl? (Not the ones that support the legs).

ldyj...I just bought myself a brand new IPod for your birthday. Thank you so much. :party045: :00000462: :ballon:

CMSU! I have to admit I went to the apple store to check out the new models. Not badly priced, are they? :eusa_whistle:

Heh. First I sleep with couchie the first time I meet her (in New Hampshire), then I sleep with muski in Chicago, and THEN I sleep with keepingfaith AND her sister one night, followed immediately IN A DIFFERENT STATE sleeping with kf, her sister, AND Clayzorback.

God, I'm such a slut. But I'd only do that for Cly Iken.

triplex, I LURVE that picture. What a cutie patootie, that Cly Iken. And your avatar is fantastic!

Wow! You folks must be a bunch of Clay hoochies. The only person I'll sleep with, besides my DH, is JaMar. Some of us have morals.

:cryingwlaughter: There's so much braggadocio in the rap world. The challenge was that Fiddy said he would stop recording solo albums if Kanye outsold him. Maybe that's why the dj was acting like Fiddy was a has been. They posed nose-to-nose on the cover of Rolling Stone this week. The hype really drove their sales, didn't it? Those numbers are amazing.

bwah..well the hype got to me after the first week's numbers were in. Uh oh..so will fiddy (really? heee) be retiring now....in the rap world where face saving is everything... it will be interesting to see what happens next. Well I won't be adding them to google alerts but you know what I mean.

Who can we get Clay in a feud with? Josh Groban? heee They can have a sing off.

bwah..well the hype got to me after the first week's numbers were in. Uh oh..so will fiddy (really? heee) be retiring now....in the rap world where face saving is everything... it will be interesting to see what happens next. Well I won't be adding them to google alerts but you know what I mean.

Who can we get Clay in a feud with? Josh Groban? heee They can have a sing off.

I don't think Fiddy plans on retiring. He stipulated he would stop recording solo albums. That leave him an out.

No, I'm opposed to a Clay/Josh feud. We wouldn't want boyfriend to get gunned down leaving one of the many nightclubs he's known to frequent.

Edited by Bookwhore

wholesome.jpg

OK, Wasn't going to post for a while since I was in love with my previous post#. :lilredani:

But I just had to post this drool worthy pic again/. I just wanna tug in that stray hair. :hubbahubba:

jumpingjacks. Sorry for your crappy shitty miserable day. :scream::fca:

Thank you again ldyj..I think the clarity is better than the old nano. Happy Birthday! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Bookwhore..They aren't too expensive and we're worth it. :cryingwlaughter:

claysmiling3.jpg

GAH!

That is one of my top-5 favorite pictures of Clay EVER.

Love.love.love.

And throw in some lust.lust.lust.

:imgtongue:

Is it okay to "quote" a photo, or should I put it in my photobucket first. I know nada about posting of photos etiquette. But, oh my, I could just not resist posting this again! Where was this taken. He is absolutely stunning in this photo. :hubbahubba:

Angela_Clay_April2007.jpg

wholesome.jpg

I find both of these pics verrrrrry inspiring. And they make me wanna do a whole lot more than fix the stray hairs!!

I've been at work all day, so I didn't have a chance to do this 'till now:

CONGRATS to AIKIM on your anniversary!!

CONGRATS to CARO on the birth of your grandson!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Is it okay to "quote" a photo, or should I put it in my photobucket first. I know nada about posting of photos etiquette. But, oh my, I could just not resist posting this again! Where was this taken. He is absolutely stunning in this photo. :hubbahubba:

Pretty sure it was the day of LKL after ATDW was released.

Happy Birthday ldyjocelyn! :fest33:

Happy Anniversary aikim! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Congrats Caro on the new grandbaby! :00000442:

No freakin' idea why I can't do color (stupid computer)... so pretend each one is a different purty color - whatever color makes you the happiest!

Hugs to everyone who needs one especially muskifest and jumpingjacks who seem to be having some shitty days right now...

Dang there's some good emoticons in that list - I got lost shopping! Saw all kinds I've never seen before and a bunch that CMSU!!

:finger: :drama::funny::whatever::biteme:

And many more naughty ones I wanted to include but apparently there's a limit to how many you can have in a post... BWAH!!! I'm sure it says something about me that I think a lot of them are pretty funny and damn appropriate often times in this fandom...

:fca:

Edited by spikesmom

Wow. One year ago tonight many of us were at CD release parties. I had a blast at the Sterling Heights (Detroit) party - met some great people, won some great prizes, and the funnest part was invading Meijers at midnight, en masse. Then on to the Super KMart! Good times, good times. Driving home to Canada singing our hearts out.

Happy 1st Birthday, ATDW! :F_05BL17blowkiss: