#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Was this posted here??? If true - ITS A SATURDAY NOT TOO, TOO FAR FROM ME!!!

From the CH:

From CV, a new Christmas date:

I

haven't seen it mentioned here, but it looks like Clay will be back at Williamsport PA again this Christmas. It's posted over at the CB and someone mentioned they spoke to the box office and they were told tickets go on sale next Tuesday--Sept. 25 at 10 A.M. It's not listed on their site yet.

The concert is scheduled for Saturday Dec. 15.

YAY for your possible concert!!! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that its true...

HEE Clay sure know how to make a woman come...out. (ok I smutted for you CG...its pathetic but ya know...HA HA HA)

I love Gala Clay, too! The beard was to die for! I was so disappointed when I read a M&G report that he said he didn't like the beard. Does that mean we'll never see it again?!

I thought Gala Clay was all kinds of HOT! (As you can tell from my avi!) I'm hoping since he likes to change things up all the time, that the beard will make an appearance somewhere down the line.

Yay for Williamsport! The handshake line was amazing! It looked like the entire theater showed up for it and I loved how Jerome made it work! I sure hope we get the handshake line for this winter's concerts. I love that quick, all-to-brief touch of flesh on flesh when our hands touch.

:DoClay:

I haven't seen it mentioned here, but it looks like Clay will be back at Williamsport PA again this Christmas. It's posted over at the CB and someone mentioned they spoke to the box office and they were told tickets go on sale next Tuesday--Sept. 25 at 10 A.M. It's not listed on their site yet.

The concert is scheduled for Saturday Dec. 15.

*writes "I will behave and put family before Clay" 100 times* I have already committed to a Keith Urban concert with my cousin on that date. *cries* Williamsport was one of my favourite.concerts.ever. The bus line was to die for. Did I mention that I also have a thing for Glasses!Clay!?

Who are you kidding?

:cryingwlaughter:

Gala Clay. Definitely in my top three Clay experiences. It just isn't possible to describe how gorgeous and sexy he looked that night. I mean he ooooooooozed it. He owned that room, and every single person in it.

Thanks Toots. Nice to be back.

Why are we not suppose to use a's????

Before I head to bed, here is one more picture sure to make you smile.

Claysmelody_toni7babe_xcz.jpg

'Night all!

It's in honor of ldyj's birthday! Can't remember who suggested it and my scroll back finger just couldn't take that kind of stress this morning.

Gawd does he really eat that crap! Baby better take better care of those arteries and vessels that supply power to that spot we all love so much.

I am one with those who love Gala/UNICEF Clay. He looked so right with that complete look, and it was tres sexy. But just to illustrate the landscape of opinion regarding the best look for Clay, one of my Clay fan friends at work (not online) always has an original opinion and I love to get her response to his videos and pictures because it's usually very different from mine. Gala Clay is her least favorite look because she thinks he looks too Amish -- she says he looks in need of a wide-brimmed hat and a buggy -- and that to pull off that look he needs to be scruffy and leathered up. Not that I couldn't see the hotness of Gala Clay all leathered up, but the three-piece suit was mucho goodo for me. For the three-piece suit look, my friend went apeshit over AMA "English gentleman" Clay.

As fine as he looks in that beard, I can't help preferring this clean-shaven face ....

ClayGMA-9-12-05072.jpg

ClayGMA-9-12-05105.jpg

ScreamingStillGMA.jpg

And, of course, one of my Top 5 all-time favorite pictures of Clay (which adorns my wall thanks to merrieeee, EEEEEEEEEEE -- and the photographic magic touch of Karen Eh!)

96894913-L.jpg

funny-1.gif

Oooo. Williamsport was so fun last year! Don't miss going to Franco's if you go.

Not another one! This PA/NJ schedule is out of control!

I think last year's show in Williamsport is one of my all time favorites. And, yes, Franco's! Don't miss it. Just be nice to the chef.... :17: I owe him one, since I sorta snapped at him (mildly) when he asked if we were Claymates. I know... it's not a big deal, but it hit me the wrong way. I don't like being stereotyped, but of course, that's not what he meant. JaMar smoothed it over for me, thankfully.

Edited by duckyvee

I'm loving all of the ATDW release week pics! That look was sooooo gorgeous. I just wish the boards hadn't been full of so much controversy and angst at that time. It's kind of a bittersweet memory. Next release I'm staying here!

I love this animation - reminds me of how funny he was that day! He was really hamming it up for the fans with that fake smile.

funny-1.gif

Speaking of ATDW - I have my ipod on shuffle most of the time, and of course the majority (but not all) of my music is Clay music. I'm so happy when ATDW songs come up in the mix. Even moreso since the summer concerts!

JaMar smoothed it over for me, thankfully.

Hey. I smooth. It's what I do. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't think outsiders have any way of knowing that to some that's a loaded word. Really, how could they? To them it's just a cute name for us. It's easy. I don't think, despite some efforts, that it's going away any time soon.

*rats* I lost all my other quotes. BRB.

You know, I am not one for facial hair on men. Some stubble, ok, but more than that? YUCKY, IMO. When son #1 doesn't shave he gets a really dark beard, and I hate it. I'm always on his case to shave.

However, I was at the gala in March. When the first reports started to trickle into our dining room about a beard, I was all like "oh God no". I was not looking forward to it. Heh, until I got into the auction and Clay came in and sat down a few rows in front of us. And then I think I may have died a little. He was freaking gorgeous that night! And on fire. I could hardly breathe for laughing so hard and also for just sitting there in utter disbelief when he started doing things like putting the rings in his mouth, etc.

That night was amazing.

Oh, BTW, cindilu2, I may not be able to do Williamsport, but there's always Albany & Poughkeepsie.....weather permitting, of course. What's a 8 hour drive between friends?

Happy birthday ATDW!!!!

I am one with those who love Gala/UNICEF Clay. He looked so right with that complete look, and it was tres sexy. But just to illustrate the landscape of opinion regarding the best look for Clay, one of my Clay fan friends at work (not online) always has an original opinion and I love to get her response to his videos and pictures because it's usually very different from mine. Gala Clay is her least favorite look because she thinks he looks too Amish -- she says he looks in need of a wide-brimmed hat and a buggy -- and that to pull off that look he needs to be scruffy and leathered up. Not that I couldn't see the hotness of Gala Clay all leathered up, but the three-piece suit was mucho goodo for me. For the three-piece suit look, my friend went apeshit over AMA "English gentleman" Clay.

I'm so easy about Clay -- I loved Gala Clay (facial hair and all). I loved AMA "English gentleman" Clay (long flowing locks and all). I loved Kimmel Clay (in all incarnations....yes, even the dreaded green vest). I guess I do have some that are more favorite than others (although picking between the Gala and AMA's is terribly difficult for me), but for the most part....I simply love him.

But I know exactly for which you speak, kf -- I think every one of us tends to see Clay differently every single time. And there is always going to be someone who says "I hated that look" just as much as someone says "I loved that look." It's gonna happen. Viva le difference!

ehhhh - I'd do him in a buggy, too.

Ha you'd do him anywhere!!!!!

Heh. That was my first thought too!

I love this animation - reminds me of how funny he was that day! He was really hamming it up for the fans with that fake smile.

funny-1.gif

Oh yes, one of the funniest clips I've seen of him. He's so freakin' adorable.

I don't think outsiders have any way of knowing that to some that's a loaded word. Really, how could they? To them it's just a cute name for us. It's easy. I don't think, despite some efforts, that it's going away any time soon.

That's always been my thought about the word "Claymate" too. Society tends to like "shorthands" for groups of people, and lots of other things as well. I really don't think the general public understands that some do NOT like the word. Me? It's not my favorite, but I can deal with it, and I too believe that it's not going away soon. And, IMO, it's not worth the angst I've seen from some people over the word. *shrug*

I know, I know, I missed about three and a half years of meetings ... so can someone tell me why "Claymates" is a loaded word? I always thought it was kind of cute, and never attached anything stereotypical to it. I don't go around calling myself a Claymate, but if somebody calls me that I don't find it objectionable. To me it's just fun. Clay uses the term ... Kimmel uses the term ... the media in general uses the term to the extent that it's become part of the brand. So is there a backstory?

ETA: Up on top again? The vertigo is going to kick in, I swear. I'm used to being at the bottom of the page -- it's so comfy there.

And ... shortly before his "It will be locked" moment ....

IMG_1214.jpg

Edited by keepingfaith

I don't really think there is any backstory. Some people object to the word because it is a derivative of Playmate and they find it sexist, I guess. I don't have a problem with it, especially since Clay seems to have really come to terms with it.

I don't really think there is any backstory. Some people object to the word because it is a derivative of Playmate and they find it sexist, I guess. I don't have a problem with it, especially since Clay seems to have really come to terms with it.

Funny because I never made the connection to "Playmate" ... I made the connection to "playmate" ... but recalling some centerfolds from the 70's ... I wouldn't mind being a Claygirl!

Some of us have morals.

Heh.

yep...that's all I'm sayin' :RedGuy:

Angela_Clay_April2007.jpg

See now ... I much prefer this bearded Clay to Gala beard Clay. I dunno. I love the "suggestion" of a beard as opposed to the full on all grown in beard. This maybe one of my all time favorite pictures of Clay. He just looks so darn happy, in a natural setting. It's symbolic to me of what I hope his RL is like.

And now it also reminds me of couchie! :wub:

xxxclay As mesmerizing as your new avi is, I'll always love your old one. *sniff*

Yep. I second that. I could never get enough of that one. But I probably could get used to the new one too. I'm fairly easy like that.

Yay! I just about finished my recommendations -

Still working my way through the PS's but I'm getting there. I'll do some more this morning. I promise. It's much easier when the song is only 1 minute and 3 seconds. Hee.

Ew, no, not Josh Groban!

Um...this is a feud remember? Your not supposed to like the other guy. Sheesh.

---

Hey CG ... just sending one of these :F_05BL17blowkiss: your way.

---

BW...watch for FedEx today. Just sayin' :eusa_whistle:

Good Morning Everyone,

37 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

48 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

68 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

94 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

97 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oooh, is it time for the semi-annual 'Claymate is a dirty word. What? Is not! Is too!! Is NOT. IS SOOOOO! I know you are but what am I??????' discussion?

:cryingwlaughter:

Some realllllllllllllly hate it, and will take every. single. opportunity. to decry it. Emphatically. Sometimes only in tones that dogs can hear. Some embrace it, and are proud to be counted.

Me? Ehhh, doesn't bother me a bit. Call me whatever you want, Clay. Just call me? K?

*mouths* Call me.

Could do without being called a "Claymate" - mostly because it got old real quick - but generally don't care.

Also, for a long time "Claymates" was associated primarily with the Clayboard more than anything else - at least after the "Claymate Mansion" sort of went away.

Really dislike any and all facial hair on Clay (with the notable exception of Guillermo's mustache - love mustaches!) - don't like beard burn (let me keep my delusions, 'kay?) and it just looks unkempt to me and Clay just isn't all around rough enough to carry that look off for me. I like smooth Clay, like JNT06. That was so beyond hot.

Really dislike any and all facial hair on Clay (with the notable exception of Guillermo's mustache - love mustaches!) - don't like beard burn (let me keep my delusions, 'kay?) and it just looks unkempt to me and Clay just isn't all around rough enough to carry that look off for me. I like smooth Clay, like JNT06. That was so beyond hot.

Traction can be a good thing. Just sayin.

Traction can be a good thing. Just sayin.

YEAH, THAT!!