#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Toots, In my case none of my existing accounts were involved, I don't know if it hadn't been brought to my attention sooner if it would have come to that or not. There is some real irony involved in my case now that it seems like it is all behind me. The only company who ended up setting up an account that resulted in any charges was the company I worked for for 32 years. Adding further to that irony, is that after it was mostly cleared up and I was disputing said charges with my former employer, I received a letter from them that due to a laptop being stolen from an employee of another company who does business with them (handling our benefits) that my personal information might have been compromised. This information included name, soc securtiy age and more. Co-incidence? Although they claim this happened after I had my problem (less than 10 days). I am very suspicious that this might have been where the breach of my information started.

I am mainly responding to Toots about this because ID theft is a growing problem and I want everyone to know it does happen and it's a pain in the ass. It's the fastest growing crime in America. I spent hours trying to resolve the problem, yet I am probably one of the lucky ones. I wish I could tell you how to avoid it, because basically I'm a pretty careful person. I don't do online banking and I never was comfortable setting up a paypal account. I do buy somethings online, that's mostly Clay's fault HA!

Be aware of it and be careful out there (tm Hillstreet Blues)

Edited by atinal

Toots, In my case none of my existing accounts were involved, I don't know if it hadn't been brought to my attention sooner if it would have come to that or not. There is some real irony involved in my case now that it seems like it is all behind me. The only company who ended up setting up an account that resulted in any charges was the company I worked for for 32 years. Adding further to that irony, is that after it was mostly cleared up and I was disputing said charges with my former employer, I received a letter from them that due to a laptop being stolen from an employee of another company who does business with them (handling our benefits) that my personal information might have been compromised. This information included name, soc securtiy age and more. Co-incidence? Although they claim this happened after I had my problem (less than 10 days). I am very suspicious that this might have been where the breach of my information started.

I am mainly responding to Toots about this because ID theft is a growing problem and I want everyone to know it does happen and it's a pain in the ass. It's the fastest growing crime in America. I spent hours trying to resolve the problem, yet I am probably one of the lucky ones. I wish I could tell you how to avoid it, because basically I'm a pretty careful person. I don't do online banking and I never was comfortable setting up a paypal account. I do buy somethings online, that's mostly Clay's fault HA!

Be aware of it and be careful out there (tm Hillstreet Blues)

Thanks to all of you for the advice. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I don't bank with BofA but have had a VISA with them for many years. I do nothing online with BofA and my debit card and all accounts are with another banker. I don't use my credit card for online payment of any bill, althought I use bill pay but it's not related to B of A. I use my credit card mostly because I'm careful with my debit card. For this reason, I hope the breach was nothing other than stealing credit card numbers. I appreciate all that say it may be a scam and believe me I'm right there with you but I do think this is legit. They don't require any information and are taking steps to cancel the card and send me a new one in 5 to 7 days. I always check my statements carefully. Shit, Shit....

Hmmm - I had an escalator accident one involving a small woman and a large suitcase, ended up under a pile of 3 people with other people jumping over my head, had the dress ripped off my back and no one would help me, the police just stood around watrching me lie on the ground crying from fear. Finally someone found my shoes and I wrapped what was left of my dress around me (my favorite dress!) and took a bus home. I don't think they believed me at work when I called in, I was blocks from work in the PA, but was not going to show up half dressed. Eeryone stared at me, no one, not one single person asked me what was wrong as I was crying, bleeding and was obviously mauled. Talk about people not wanting to but in. Memories of my youth - now why didn't I sue anyone?

Needless to say, I am that irritating person who stands at the start of the escalator and waits until several empty stairs pass before getting on.

Crocs, don't have any.

I saw a woman fall head over heels down a escalator years ago. At least someone helped her.

The worst story I heard was that of a 6 year old child model in England whose shoes got trapped in one and she lost her leg! Those things are pretty dangerous.

Glad you were OK Play!

Don't have Crocs either....I don't like the look!.

:clap:Luckiest...I assume you are responsible for the new media page? Good Job! God you are so damned responsible and all that shit..not to speak of fast, accurate and dependable.

I think you should get a raise! :clap::clap:

Edited by Toots

Well, I haven't done anything yet. Anything that is there now is courtesy of couchie. But I'm working on it, and hope to have something uploaded by tonight.

Heh, I'm not all that responsible and dependable, only where Clay is concerned! :eusa_whistle:

Happy Birthday idyjocelyn (pretty name!)

Today is my 25th Wedding Anniversary; Hubby and I will be spending it taking the car into be serviced before we go away this week-end; really looking forward to getting away.

Congratulations on the accomplishment of 25 years! And with the same guy, too! (that was the joke my Dad always used about 50 years with the same woman!)

I see the call has gone out in places for Clay to blog already. Whaaaa? Didn't we just recover from his last blogs? :cryingwlaughter:
ITA. Oy, the irony! I am enjoying the lower angst level this week.

Minimizing risk advice from the crocs link above:

Washington Metro's Lacosse and other escalator experts say the best way to prevent shoe entrapments is to face the direction the stairs are moving, keep feet away from the sides and step over the teeth at the end.
I almost had a tragic accident in a supermarket parking lot recently when my croc (or I suppose any other shoe might do it too) stepped right into a plastic shopping bag on the ground. Thank goodness I was pushing a cart or I think I would have fallen face first on the pavement. My foot must have perfectly timed its insert into an bag opened by a gust of wind and then when I thought I had extricated myself, I got my foot caught again in the bag loop. What a freak occurrence! Anyway, I'm now looking carefully at the pavement when I walk out of grocery stores.

So Clay tries to bring at least four friends with him to restaurants. No wonder managers like him. He's good for business.

birdsjitterbug.gifhappybirthday21gi.gifLADYJ!!!birdsjitterbug.gif

HAPPY ANNIVERSAY KIM!!dancingpants.gif

Caro, congratulations for your new little Tav, Kai or Mat.SnoopyTiny.gif

QUICK ESCALATOR STORY:

we were in Paris and were getting up to the street from the tube, and this old man eith a cane was on the escalatorholding onto the rail for dear life. The raill was moving faster than the steps. Suddenly he went tumbling head over heels all the way down to the bottom and gashed his forehead. We didn't know much French to help him, but got him up to the street and finally got some people to help. Not many wanted to get involved!!

QUICK LOST WALLET STORY:

Hubby couldn't find his wallet one day and was freaking and running all over looking for it and even went to the gas station to ask them about it. Finally called and cancelled all the cards. Well, a couple hours later, he found it in his shoe where he had put it to walk from the car to the house!!

:allgood: ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL!! :XmasRed:

oh poop goody - top of the page!! couchie snuck in in the middle of the night with another new thread!!

Edited by cha cha trusty

Eeep, I knew there was a reason I didn't like escalators! And I have never like crocs. They don't look comfortable (even though I understand that they are).

I don't have an escalator horror story, but I do have a few subway ones. When I was in my 20s I rode the subway to work every day. I once fell down an entire flight of stairs. My pants were torn and I was bleeding but no one offered to help and I rode the subway and bus home in that state. Another time, I didn't 'mind the gap' between the train and the platform, and one of my legs went right down. Thankfully, a nice gentleman grabbed me under the arms and pulled me up Finally, when I was about 8 months pregnant with my first child, I started feeling light headed on the subway one day, but no one offered me a seat, so I sat down on the floor. I got some strange looks but that was about all.

EEEEP! I keep forgetting to say Congratulations to Caro and family!

Edited by luckiest1

I have a question - does anyone think there are only 16 Christmas shows, or are there ones not announced yet? (hopefully not in NJ, I can't afford to go to anymore!

Let's see

Nov 26, X, 28, 29, 30

Dec X, 2, X, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, X, 11, 12, 13, X, X, X, X, X, 19, 20, 21, 22

While I accept the single X's, the 5 X's in a row seem unlikely.

Moving stairs, standing stairs - our stories are similar, Luckiest

Edited by playbiller

Clay told one of the M&G groups there would be a concert in Ohio, and I believe Mary confirmed that. So yes, I'm hoping for maybe a couple more dates to be ferreted out. And maybe the OFC will even post a complete schedule by, say, Thanksgiving...

:XmasRed: :xmas07a:

from the OFC...

9/18/07 : Coming Soon: Year 3 of the OFC and Renewals!

Hey Clay Fans! Just a heads up to stay tuned to ClayOnline.com because the site will soon be filled with new fan club and community features and a brand new Year 3 package will be introduced! We're well aware that everyone is anxiously awaiting news on renewals and Year 3. All Year 2 memberships will remain valid until renewals are made available. More information regarding Year 3 of the Clay Aiken Fan Club and renewals will be made available soon.

So, Clay has a new package to offer and muski hasn't said anything yet?

bottlecap... :cryingwlaughter:

Edited by laughn

I've been living in crocks for the past year. They are some ugly ass shoes but they are comfortable. I would never have bought them. They were given to me. But any time I'm around water or slick floor I'm very careful because I've almost fallen a few times.

Clay just ate at a Japanese restaurant too? We have a con nec tion. I bet he had terriyaki chicken and rice. I'm glad he's getting out and living his life and having fun.

Well I'm not anxiously waiting to throw over my money. They can take their time. My second year membership is still in affect... works for me. Take all month Clique heee...I have Cly iken tickets and airline tickets to buy.

Hey Toots, just saw your note about a stolen Visa card. Scroll if you wish.

My Amex card was stolen from Amex's data base. The only way I found out about it was the charge to my account from ebooks for $8.99. Of course I never heard of ebooks. After looking on the internet I found several sites discussing how the numbers were stolen and were presumed to be in Russia or whatever its called nowadays. They refunded my money and I cancelled the card.

A few weeks ago we got a call from our bank that our Visa card had a lot of charges pending that were made overnight. They were from places were you could download music, games or software. None were ours. We hadn't lost the cards so we thought it might be from an online purchase my husband had made that week for a new headset. Surprisingly he wasn't charged for it. He called them up and they were shocked that he might insinuate that they had something to do with it as the owners were the only employees. Fortunately the bank never approved the pending charges and we got a new card.

Another Visa card was cancelled by a bank that said I had made a purchase at TJ MAxx and that the store's records were violated. The bank sent me a new card but I never saw anything out of line on it.

I shred every single piece of paper with my name on it before recycling as well as all credit card receipts. This was after someone took a bag of paper from in front of my house that I had put out that morning to recycle. I've been burned too many times.

Happy happy birthday ldyjocelyn. :fest30: :partygirl:

Perspective is everything I guess. When I went to lunch I had the radio on sports talk as usual. But they were talking about Kanye vs 50 Cent. Now, I don't know much about 50 other than he seemed to have albums out when Clay had his out. And two, that great commercial with him conducting the orchestra as they play his song. A few years ago all I could hear was 50 50 50. But today they were talking about him like he was a "studio generated gangsta." I guess, and I know no details cuz I'm really really square, that Fifty is having a feud with Kanye. Fifty apparantly said that it was cooked up by the record company. And the host was basically kissing Kanye's feet while acting like Fifty was so yesterday because Kanye beat him in sales. So I get back and investigate the poor mighty downfall of Fifty Cent only to discover he sold 659,000 CDs his first week and came in at number 2. WTF.. that's great! Then I look up at number 1 and Kanye sold 930,000. What did I learn from all this? Feuds help :cryingwlaughter: Cuz I think this is the best either of them have ever done. And 2 -- spin is everything.

Hey Toots, just saw your note about a stolen Visa card. Scroll if you wish.

My Amex card was stolen from Amex's data base. The only way I found out about it was the charge to my account from ebooks for $8.99. Of course I never heard of ebooks. After looking on the internet I found several sites discussing how the numbers were stolen and were presumed to be in Russia or whatever its called nowadays. They refunded my money and I cancelled the card.

A few weeks ago we got a call from our bank that our Visa card had a lot of charges pending that were made overnight. They were from places were you could download music, games or software. None were ours. We hadn't lost the cards so we thought it might be from an online purchase my husband had made that week for a new headset. Surprisingly he wasn't charged for it. He called them up and they were shocked that he might insinuate that they had something to do with it as the owners were the only employees. Fortunately the bank never approved the pending charges and we got a new card.

Another Visa card was cancelled by a bank that said I had made a purchase at TJ MAxx and that the store's records were violated. The bank sent me a new card but I never saw anything out of line on it.

I shred every single piece of paper with my name on it before recycling as well as all credit card receipts. This was after someone took a bag of paper from in front of my house that I had put out that morning to recycle. I've been burned too many times.

Happy happy birthday ldyjocelyn. :fest30: :partygirl:

Thanks Fear, I'm hoping none of that happens but have to be prepared if it does. I've used a shredder for years, can't imagine putting any personal documents in the trash.

I'd sure like to know more about the third party. Security, smurity...no one can protect us from the bad guys cuz they are so much smarter than the good guys! :scream:

Thank you so much for all the congratulations...the car is at the dealer and we are just about to sit down to a turkey breast that I threw in the slo-cooker (comes out very moist). Hubby has to work nights so he will be going to bed soon so no celebrating until the week-end...guess I will be spending my anniversary night with boyfriend.

Happy Birthday ldyjocelyn, Hope you had a great day! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Caro Congratulations on Tavarrias, sounds like he is already living up to his name! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Laughn I get excited about the countdown too!

Kim