#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Good Morning, FCA! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Congrats to Carolina Clay! I will be joining your grandmother club next spring.

Thnx to all for the baby congrats. Look forward to welcoming you to the club, gbmifan! :)

PSA: Last night I finished returning all the grandmother congrats in my OFC blog. Along the way, I rattled a few cobwebs in a few long-forgotten journals. Some of you here have a new blog comment. Just sayin' :whistling-1:

STORK.GIF.gif

Wanda, I love your stork picture and am adding it to my collection. :lol:

Speaking of which, here's a cutie from Sally since the last time I was here. This could be any of us busily communicating via our computers: me.gif

Thanks for the reminder that one year ago today I was in a cab just arriving at Times Square. I swear I was ten times more excited than the couple who had spent the night in the room next to mine, the night before, in West Virginia. Sadly they ran out of batteries around 4:00 AM, but on the morning of the 19th I wasn't going to follow suit. Nope! No way! I had a dozen fully loaded rechargeables and lasted until the end and beyond. I love having back up.

We are grateful that you were fully loaded, Karen! All the "anniversary" photos inspired me to take a tour through my P/B, and I have one to share -- even though I'm a day late. This is a Cindilu2-Kareh Eh? collaboration:

Cinidlu_because1a.gif

Solo, so glad to read the Scarlett-Solo story from your angle! That's definitely a tale for the Claymate Hall of Fame. :clap:

With all the ATDW anniversary celebrations this week, this was a fun catch-up. I hope to get back on the current track SOON. :)

HappyBirthdaySingingHeart.gifsunburstoflight!

Have an awesome day, all! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

BWAH - today's pointless mention of Clay

Star-Telegram Horoscopes

Pisces (Feb. 19 -- March 20): Like Clay Aiken, you are the epitome of ... well, I can't really say anything without getting in trouble. I really just wanted to get "Clay Aiken" in these horoscopes so I'd get more hits.

I suppose that might have been a diss, but oh well. I'm gonna take it as a compliment, since I'm a Pisces. I'm the epitome of something, like Clay. Hey, I'll take it!!

:lipstick:

These Seussisms are hilarious. Here are all of them together:

I would do him in a buggy

I would do him soft and huggy

I would do him on the floor

I would do him at the door

In a buggy at the door,

Nice and huggy on the floor

I would do him here or there

I would do him anywhere

On the tour, on the bus

I would do him without fuss.

I would do him on the lam

I would do him. Slut, I am.

I would do him in a barn,

on a lawn or on the farm

I would do him on a tractor

Yes I would, pride’s no factor

The gear shift might be though

But I figure we could work around it.

I would do him in a bed

Even standing on my head

I would do him on the couch

Nope, I’m really not a slouch

I could be his little snack

He would really enjoy my rack

I would do him on a deck

I would do him anywhere, oh heck!

I would do him on the land

In the sand or with my hand

I would do him anywhere

Here or there, I do not care

I would do him just for fun

I would do him on the run

I would do him on a bench

I would do him like the French

Just for fun while on the run

On a bench just like the French

I would do him fast or slow

dontcha know?

I would do him nice and slow

I would do him til he cried "O"!

I would do him, never stop

I would do him from the top

I would do him round the world

I would make his his flag unfurl.

I would do him, yes I would

I would do him oh so good.

I would do him, yes I would

Any way, that I could

It's no anomaly

I want you on top of me

With whip and chains

if that's your game

I would do you in a lurch

Even in a church

Mile high club

not a problem

What ever you deliver

Will make me quiver, breathless I am

:cryingwlaughter::clap::cryingwlaughter:

Hopefully I didn't forget anyone's contribution. Sorry, KAndre, your literary masterpiece just didn't fit with this.

Edited by Gibby

arg-happy-birthday.gif

Sun2.gifsunburstoflight Sun2.gif

:glasses: Chautaquacandidcrop.jpg :glasses:

whimper GAH!!!drool :Thud:

And Happy Birthday sunburstoflight :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You guys have been so entertaining!! :clap: Love the Seuss!! :RedGuy:

I do him in my dreams on a regular basis!!!

Caro Are you saying that some people don't keep up their blogs!! OMG!!! :)

Love the "pointless" Clay mention in the horoscopes! I admit to "pointless" Clay mentions daily! :eusa_whistle:

Aikim Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for helping me count down the days to my November of Clay :XmasRed: WooHoo!!!

I regret that the term "Claymate" became such a term of derision. People ask me all the time if I'm a Claymate and I always say "you betcha". I actually love the term. My g/f who was with me in Cali and who is not a Claymate was saying yesterday "Why is it that Clay's fans get so much 'guff' - lots of entertainers have fans who follow them and support them in the same way". My take was that it was because of the derision of the media towards his fans and the stereotyping of the demographics of "us". We agreed that it was just "stupid".

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

eta: brought to you in support of the word "derision"

Edited by canuck2010

[

And Happy Birthday bottlecap :F_05BL17blowkiss:

WHAT? Uh oh missie... you are in trouble for trying to slide that one past us ...

Eh, Claymate..I do think it's mostly just used as a descriptive term meaning fans of Clay Aiken. The only thing I really don't like about it isn't inclusive heee. I can't see most men calling themselves a claymate-- unless he's from Austrailia. The ones that would use it derisvely? Better Claymate than something they'd come up with.

THIS IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT _ IT IS NOT BOTTLE'S BIRTHDAY.... heeeee

Muski, I hate to disappoint but a bodkin is an arrowhead or spear....oh wait on second thoughts.....

Ah yes my dear, thou forgetteth that I was an English major and high school English teacher so I knoweth of bare bodkins....

forsooth B)

and bottlecap, you ole' hound dog, you! How DARE you try to get by without the Happy Birthday Hoopla! :angry: Just for that, I'm doubling up the HAPPY part! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:00003653: :bday2:

and just because you know I luv ya and hope we get to meet in person soon....

:3:

ETA: alrighty, then....Happy Birthday, sunburstoflight! I don't know you, but hope your day is a great one! :clap:

Edited by muskifest

[

And Happy Birthday bottlecapsunburstoflight :F_05BL17blowkiss:

WHAT? Uh oh missie... you are in trouble for trying to slide that one past us ...

oopd!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

eta: Everyone should get two birthdays - one real and one pretend - as long as they presents for both!

:cryingwlaughter:

Edited by canuck2010

BWAH!!!!

I was wondering if it was bottles birthday and so I checked the FCA frontpage and CV too...hee now I see it was all a typo!!!

Awww its ok to have more than one birhday as long as no one adds to your age... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh BTW...I should move all the seussical limmericks into creative writing for easy access...

you guys are so clever!!!

So who wants to try and illustrate this particular book???

So it's Happy Not-a-Birthday, bottlecap?

Yeah, couchie, you don't want to call my husband a Claymate. He calls himself a Clay Dawg, although he's never been to the site. His screen name on OFC (I think he's posted once) is MrSaltwaterDAWG, in case anyone would have any doubt. :cryingwlaughter:

If I may brag, MrS is more likely to tell people that we are vacationing around Clay concerts than I am.

High brow or low brow, keep 'em coming!

Caro, I left this comment in your blog, but it deserves mentioning again: Your sweet Grandbaby blog is the first one from you that I have ever seen without Clay pictures! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by saltwaterdog

Lufthansa has the best connections from here, so that's going to be my first choice.....only one stop in Frankfurt and that's good.....I put a little note on the top of John's laptop. "Book this one." I agree about Heathrow, no fun there at all.

Zena, I see you down there. Come out and play with us. Tell KAndre that you are being a good custodian of her sword. These are important things that the eHP need to know.

Would someone do me.....a favor? Keep the Seuss doins' going until morning when my brain wakes up again? I want to play, too, but right now I'd can only do him in my dreams.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I flew Lufthanasa from Frankfurt to Moscow and back again and it was a comfortable ride. They have a good reputation so you are in good hands getting to Baku! Good Luck and I hope you find things comfortable in Baku!

"Claymate" never had any negative connotations for me. I can see that some might view it as a feminine term, so perhaps it isn't as inclusive as say, "Clay Nation," but personally, I find the "Playboy Playmate" association is a rather strained one that scarcely anyone outside the fandom really thinks about. My guess is that for most, it's just a play on words.

I suppose a "Claymate" might be perceived as more die-hard than a mere "Clay fan," just as a "Trekker/ie" might be perceived as more committed than a basic "Star Trek fan." However, to me, other terms like "Clay Nation," or "Clayniac" also carry such impact, but one rarely sees anyone rail against those uses. And honestly, any derision directed at someone for being a "Claymate" would be the same if they identified themselves as a "Clayniac," a member of "Clay Nation," or even just a "Clay fan."

I guess I've never completely understood the fury some have with the word "Claymate." I've seen posters who wrote e-mails to the press condemning its use in articles, and even seen anger at Clay for using it in interviews, as if it's an insulting or even dangerous term.

IMHO, of all the things in the world one can get upset about, why waste energy on that?

Wait. What?

Oh, it was a typo?

Well, that's good - I'd want to be doing something better on my actual birthday then eating day-old Krispy Kremes and attending endless droning meetings engineered to suck what life remains right out of me.

Carry on.

:XmasRed: :xmas07a:

I'd do him on his birthday

I'd do him in the breezway

I'd do him on the grass

I'd do him with class

I'd do him on a seaplane

I'd do him in the fast lane

I'd do him loaded

I'd do him bloated

Well that's about enough of me but just wanted to make a deposit to the suessical.

Well since I'm on top may as well add another little ditty

I'd do him on top

I'd do him in a shop

Edited by Toots

What is it with September Anniversarys? It happens to be mine today. 38 years but who's counting? I think it helps that he lives in another state and only comes home twice a month*g*

Since I am really bad at remembering this stuff: Happy Birthdays, Anniversarys and anything else you all are celebrating this month! (Phew hope that covers it) :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I knew it was going to be a good day today. Hardly any traffic on my commute and when I walked into Wal-Mart to buy an Anniversary card this morning (oops) Clay was singing Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word, to me....yes it was to me, since I was the only shopper!

merrieeee, I mentioned the other day when I was in Wal-Mart I heard Clay singing These Open Arms, I think I read on another board that they heard another ATDW song playing in Wal-Mart as well. I think it's pretty cool that songs from his album are being featured as part of their musical background. Someone who programs their muzak must like him.

70ab9f72.gifSunburstoflight - the world can't have too many dog walkers.

Claymate is a sexist title in the sense that it automatically recalls playmete and excludes men. Claniac and Claynation are not sexually defined names. I think Clay wants every fan he can have, not just women. Not to mention that people like the young and volupuous image to contradict the older fans generally seen in front rows att concerts. (my apologies, but I don't see too many fans wanting to be in or qualifying to be in centerfolds. There are a few here ahem who might)

Edited by playbiller

Canuck You are more than welcome! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Enjoying all the poems...I don't have a creative bone in my body, so no contribution from me.

Claymate? In my opinion, words only have as much power as you give them...doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Kim

I would do him on the hamper

(Lord, I'd be a happy camper)

I would do him nice and snuggly

(Even if his jacket's fugly)

I would do him on the grass

I would do him on my front porch

I would do him, here or there

I'd even do him on a chair

Lordy, does this epic end?

It's really making my mind bend.

I'd do him loaded

I'd do him bloated

Now see, I draw the line at this one. When I'm "loaded" (which happens very infrequently, I might add), I usually can't remember a thing. If I'm doing Clay, I want to remember it, damn it. And me bloated would probably not be a good thing for Clay, if you know what I mean.

Ewwwwww....I just squicked myself out....

Anyone think that any of these Seussicals might make a good thread title? And I'm like aikim -- even as a librarian, who is supposed to be all literate and shit, I can't do these things if I had to.

Happy birthday sunburstoflight! :balloons:

"Claymate" never had any negative connotations for me. I can see that some might view it as a feminine term, so perhaps it isn't as inclusive as say, "Clay Nation," but personally, I find the "Playboy Playmate" association is a rather strained one that scarcely anyone outside the fandom really thinks about. My guess is that for most, it's just a play on words.

I suppose a "Claymate" might be perceived as more die-hard than a mere "Clay fan," just as a "Trekker/ie" might be perceived as more committed than a basic "Star Trek fan." However, to me, other terms like "Clay Nation," or "Clayniac" also carry such impact, but one rarely sees anyone rail against those uses. And honestly, any derision directed at someone for being a "Claymate" would be the same if they identified themselves as a "Clayniac," a member of "Clay Nation," or even just a "Clay fan."

I guess I've never completely understood the fury some have with the word "Claymate." I've seen posters who wrote e-mails to the press condemning its use in articles, and even seen anger at Clay for using it in interviews, as if it's an insulting or even dangerous term.

IMHO, of all the things in the world one can get upset about, why waste energy on that?

WORD