#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

I'm sorry to have missed the chat tonight. I was at a performance by The Capital Steps (the political satire group) and had a really strange moment. They were doing a skit with Bush and Cheney and they started singing, "I like big butts." I totally lost it, especially on the "sprung" part. The person with me was giving me very weird looks, but then I doubt she had ever heard the song and certainly didn't have the associations with it that I did.

Off to check on the chat.

Amazon definately has a page for a CLay AIken DVD available 9/27/07 and it is a different ASIN number. It might just be the same one with added features.
Pretends to self that this is the reason he needed the bronzer earlier this year.... *giggles*

I am one of those people who liked ACAC. It was cheesey, but reminded me of the old fashion Christmas specials that used to be on. I had watched the Jessica Simpson special and thought it was tackey.

Couldn't make chat tonight, was at our local library book sale(working) and did not get home in time. In two days we made around $2500. That is not bad considering we sell the used books for $.25 a piece. It allows us to buy things for the library and to put on children parties.

My sincere condolences to Clay and his family.

In Memoriam

My condolences to the McGhee family and Clay.

ACAC...I actually enjoyed the concept. At least Clay and Co tried to do something interesting. Its just too bad that Clay wasn't in top shape vocally and I didn't really enjoy the final song Clay, Barry and Yolanda sang. But there were portions I really loved.

I thought it was cheesy but with a classy production.

I'm sorry I missed the chat tonight. I was dealing with a family crisis, which in the grand scheme of things wasn't serious, but I didn't need the additional stress tonight.

{{{Condolences to Clay and his family. }}} Ms. Mabrey wasn't very old, it's very sad.

Well!

I was gone all evening and just came back on to discover the news about Clay's aunt.

{{{{{{{{Clay and your family}}}}}}}} She must have been truly special for him to close down the website for a memorial to her. It makes me sad to think of how sad he must be this week.

zena I've never had the pleasure but wanted to tell you I got a HUGE kick out of your post. :) You guys are so talented with the gift for the funny. Y'all make me giggle on a regular basis, which is a "good thing". :)

Plus, you have some kickass emoticons there!!!

Edited by canuck2010

On the other hand... folks will be used to issues because with much trepidation, we're going to try to upgrade this forum next week. We have no idea how smoothly this will go. At worst it will take a few days to get everything running normally. At best... the forum just might not look the same until we get our skins recreated or we might end up with something totally different. For some reason we've been warned that the upgrade doesn't handle doing that change very well.

On the other hand... folks will be used to issues because with much trepidation, we're going to try to upgrade this forum next week. We have no idea how smoothly this will go. At worst it will take a few days to get everything running normally. At best... the forum just might not look the same until we get our skins recreated or we might end up with something totally different. For some reason we've been warned that the upgrade doesn't handle doing that change very well.

Couchie this just reminds me to ask you something I've been thinking about. Do you accept donations to defray costs?

How to say this???

I think it's really nice of Clay to post the memoriam. He feels comfortable enough with us and he thinks highly enough of us and he trusts us enough that he is sharing his pain and sorrow. He could have kept this quiet, he could have just let things go on as usual, but he took the time out of his day to let us know that he and his family were in mourning.

Our Seussisms have turned into a novel. A hilarious one, at that! I don't know if anybody wants to read them all together, but if so, here they are:

I would do him in a buggy

I would do him soft and huggy

I would do him on the floor

I would do him at the door

In a buggy at the door,

Nice and huggy on the floor

I would do him here or there

I would do him anywhere

On the tour, on the bus

I would do him without fuss.

I would do him on the lam

I would do him. Slut, I am.

I would do him in a barn,

on a lawn or on the farm

I would do him on a tractor

Yes I would, pride’s no factor

The gear shift might be though

But I figure we could work around it.

I would do him in a bed

Even standing on my head

I would do him on the couch

Nope, I’m really not a slouch

I could be his little snack

He would really enjoy my rack

I would do him on a deck

I would do him anywhere, oh heck!

I would do him on the land

In the sand or with my hand

I would do him anywhere

Here or there, I do not care

I would do him just for fun

I would do him on the run

I would do him on a bench

I would do him like the French

Just for fun while on the run

On a bench just like the French

I would do him fast or slow

:DoClay: dontcha know?

I would do him nice and slow

I would do him til he cried "O"!

I would do him, never stop

I would do him from the top

I would do him round the world

I would make his his flag unfurl.

I would do him, yes I would

I would do him oh so good.

I would do him, yes I would

Any way, that I could

It's no anomaly

I want you on top of me

With whip and chains

if that's your game

I would do you in a lurch

Even in a church

Mile high club

not a problem

What ever you deliver

Will make me quiver, breathless I am

I'd do him on his birthday

I'd do him in the breezway

I'd do him on the grass

I'd do him with class

I'd do him on a seaplane

I'd do him in the fast lane

I'd do him loaded

I'd do him bloated

I'd do him on top

I'd do him in a shop

I would do him under trees

I would do him on my knees

I would do him in the breeze

I would do him on a bus

But if it's only us

I'd do him in the gym

I'd do him on a whim

I'd do him on the run

I'd do him in the sun

I would do him on the hamper

(Lord, I'd be a happy camper)

I would do him nice and snuggly

(Even if his jacket's fugly)

I would do him on the grass

I would do him on my front porch

I would do him, here or there

I'd even do him on a chair

Lordy, does this epic end?

It's really making my mind bend.

I would do him on a stage

cuffs and whips? They're all the rage

In Hollywood or in the hood

New York, Raleigh, it's all good

I would do him head to toe

I would do him nice and slow

I would do him with my feet

I would do him in the heat

In the heat nice and slow

With my feet, oh oh oh.

I would do him in a tree

I would do him, yes, with glee!

I would do him, it's contagious

I would do him, it's outrageous

With glee, yes, in a tree

I would do Clay, wanna see?

I would do him in the dark

I would do him in the park

In the dark, in the park, what a lark!

I'd do him in Kalamazoo

Everyone else could do him too!

He'd be tired, he'd be sore

But what he wouldn't be is bored!

I would do him in a tree,

I'd do him down on bended knee.

I would do him head to toe

'Cuz I'm a ClayBitch, don't you know?

I'd do him everyway I can,

Until his gasps, "NOW I'm a man!"

I would do him after chat.

What you "Claymates" think of that?

I'd do him in Mickey D's.

Fries with that, sir, if you please.

Mickey D's in Fountain Square,

All those "Claymates" wonder...where?

'Tis no matter, where or when,

Just bring me his Big Mac, again.

I would do him for a fee.

While you sluts would do him free!

I would charge him by the inch

So getting rich would be a cinch.

I'd do him the kitchen

I'd do him until he's twitchin

I'd do him the pool

I'd do him till we drool

I'd do him in the brushes

I'd do him until he blushes

Will this ever stop

Lordy I hope not

I'd do him a bunch

I'd do him with lunch

I would do him in the shower

I would do him every hour

And if at some point he would tire

I’d proceed to light his fire

Every minute, every second

He’d be happy, doncha reckon?

I would do him anywhere

Where it is I do not care

Church or school, the county fair

Or while he’s singin’ Solitaire

I just pray there is no clack

While I do Clay Aiken on his back

No need to order extra fries

Clay always brings his SuperSize!

And Couchie, I'm really glad you're going to upgrade the forum. There are new features in invision boards that I would love to see here. I'm looking forward to it! I, too, have wondered if you would like donations to defray costs.

Edited by Gibby

Couchie this just reminds me to ask you something I've been thinking about. Do you accept donations to defray costs?

you had to ask this question today :cryingwlaughter:

Welp, I run three Clay sites and no I've never accepted any kind of help although highly encouraged by friends who know my financial situation. I just believe in Clay it forward and it's all fun and all that jazz. Usually when things get really really tight I just downgrade or switch servers heee. But last year (and close your eyes Salud) I had a Clay personal website budget line of about 100/mo. Thankfully, for right now, FCA (the main website) is being housed for free by Ansa's wonderful husband. Don't know how long I will impose upon him for that but it was a life saver when it happened last year. The media site will be switching servers soon because my rate doubled. Looking into that now.

As for the forum FYI, it's $20/mo. I downgraded this one too because really we didn't have much traffic early last year. I'll have to check into seeing if this level is still good enough. There is an issue happening right now that I don't want to put on a public board but let's just say if the board ever like disappears I'd probably need a quick $200 that doesn't happen to be in my bank account right now. It's a funny story that I will explain when I can.

Anyway, for the first time I'm not going to say no I don't need help.But I don't want things to get weird. Please don't feel as if you have to donate anything. And if I get anywhere near that magic sum I'll let you know and tell you to stop. Paypal email is: aearlye@yahoo.com

I can't believe I wrote this..I feel so dirty. That was tough and on top of it I think when Ansa reads it she'll have a heart attack.

did someone say CHEESE?

sunonwater.gif

{{{{{{{{{Clay and Family}}}}}}}}}}}

To Everyone in the Marbrey/McGhee family:

Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this incredibly sad time.

Our hearts go out to you, and we are thinking of you every step of the way.

Take care and God Bless.

you had to ask this question today :cryingwlaughter:

Welp, I run three Clay sites and no I've never accepted any kind of help although highly encouraged by friends who know my financial situation. I just believe in Clay it forward and it's all fun and all that jazz. Usually when things get really really tight I just downgrade or switch servers heee. But last year (and close your eyes Salud) I had a Clay personal website budget line of about 100/mo. Thankfully, for right now, FCA (the main website) is being housed for free by Ansa's wonderful husband. Don't know how long I will impose upon him for that but it was a life saver when it happened last year. The media site will be switching servers soon because my rate doubled. Looking into that now.

As for the forum FYI, it's $20/mo. I downgraded this one too because really we didn't have much traffic early last year. I'll have to check into seeing if this level is still good enough. There is an issue happening right now that I don't want to put on a public board but let's just say if the board ever like disappears I'd probably need a quick $200 that doesn't happen to be in my bank account right now. It's a funny story that I will explain when I can.

Anyway, for the first time I'm not going to say no I don't need help.But I don't want things to get weird. Please don't feel as if you have to donate anything. And if I get anywhere near that magic sum I'll let you know and tell you to stop. Paypal email is: aearlye@yahoo.com

I can't believe I wrote this..I feel so dirty. That was tough and on top of it I think when Ansa reads it she'll have a heart attack.

Sounds like it's a good thing I asked. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

See, now there ya go. I mean, if everyone who loves this place just gave one buck, Couchie could make sure we could hang around AND still have enough left over to buy ME a beer next time we meet for one (or two or three or...)... :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: