#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

When the upgrade happens and I start working on the appearance...we will not close down the board...you will still be able to post and read...but you may find that the board will look different every time you refresh.

:fca:

Thanks everyone for your kind words and generosity. I have $250 in my paypal account. I thank you very much..now I can call up invision today and get my account straightened out. I said I could tell you when I can..and well now I can because I don't have to worry about someone seeing my issue and sending an anonymous email before I was ready to deal with it. And I laughed at Ialreadyam's initial question because yesterday I had sent this email to the mods. (only slightly edited for language LOL).

OK, here is FCA forums dirty little secret. heh

When Ansa and I started the forum, I had the payments set up to automatically be done through paypal. Well, for some reason every month, the money would come out of my bank account (through paypal) yet I would never get credit for it and they would send me a paswt due notice. If ya'll stretch your mind you may remember way back when every now and then the forum would go down for non payment.

Finally, I called them up and she couldn't really figure out why that was happening. SO, I stopped using paypal and I added my debit card to the account for an automatic monthly payment. While I was at it, and working with this chick to figure out what the problem was, she downgraded the forum to like the smallest package. After all we had like bottle and 5 other posters and I was paying $45.00/mo. OK so now I'm all set. I have a smaller package, only 20.00-- and my credit card is on file.

Well about 6 months later I realize and told Ansa that you know..those folks have never taken any money out of my bank account for the forum. Did I say anything? NO. because I didn't have the money to pay the back taxes so to speak. My goal was to save it up before I dealt with it. So, anyway, I lost my ATM card last month so I just went into Invision and added my new debit card information to my account which might send off a big fat alarm.

Every month I get this notice:

Hello Angela,

This is an e-mail to remind you that your <fca account> is due to renew on 04/19/07. If you have credit card details saved on file or a Paypal subscription you will be automatically charged for the renewal of your product. If you are uncertain if you have credit card details on file, please log into your Client Center and click on "Your Profile" to remove or update your credit card information. If you do not wish to renew your product, please simply reply to this e-mail indicating that you do not wish to renew. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Invision Power Services, Inc.

Tonight, while I was there poking around I noticed something weird. On my 15 paid invoices they have a record of -- when I click on them it shows..moderate package $19. Now the dates of these invoices are early, before I made the change. But it shows I paid $45. So now I'm wondering if the woman did something weird when she changed my account and so now I have a credit and that's why I haven't been charged.

Anyway, don't know why I'm telling you. heee. I guess just in case there is no FCA tomorrow you'll know why. 20X12 is not looking too appetizing for me so will have to fast talk my way out of this one. Yeah it's my fault but damn... if I collected money like they collect money I'd be fired by now.

Anyway, Ansa knows my plan was to save it all and then deal with it but between you know rent, and food, and Clay trips I just hadn't come up with all of it. And if by chance I did get a credit I will pay up for the year. There's probably a discount associated with paying that way. Now that that's out of the way...

:bday2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AAIT.... we've only met briefly but am enjoying getting to know you here...and there will be plenty of Clay trips for us to have the opportunity again.

Ansa, you are just too cute...I was snarking. But, thanks for the run down of the changes to take place.

I love the colors here, they are so easy on the eyes, so my vote is to not change them.

Didn't you say I had a vote? (snark again)

Gibby, how in the world did you capture all of those funny smutty poemy thingys? Good Job!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AAIT! :04: :Pogo0:

Oh goody, goody: I'd do him on top

Edited by Toots

NEWS FLASH!

I was just reading an email from a business contact (yes, I'm at work and occasionally actually do work-related things). She works for the Denver Convention and Visitors Bureau but is in New York on business with another client and said she took the client to see Jersey Boys and that Clay was there!

Now, I have absolutely NO idea why she thought I'd be interested in knowing such a random tidbit of gossip, but I thought you might like to know about it.

:whistling-1:

You know you never have to look to see who wrote certain posts. You just know they are muskifest's :lipstick:

Yeah! The FCA forum gets to live on! I would really miss it if it was gone and no it's not an addiction, it's just a hobby*g*

couchie don't hesitate to let us know if you need a donation for the board in future! Heck for what some of us (no not me of course! :eusa_whistle: ) spend on Clay, it is a drop in the bucket!

I am so happy that Clay has a life that none of us know about! That boy loves him some Broadway shows!

I live to edit

Edited by merrieeee

:bday2:

Happy Birthday AAIT

Borrowing this to send my Bestest Birthday wishes to one of the Bestest Clay fans in the world!!!

I "LURVE" you Alice!!!!!

Can't wait to meet you again in Vegas!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You're good. AMEN!!!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Couchie So glad donations flowed in last night. I couldn't click on paypal fast enough! I get so much enjoyment out of my MB's and to think I didn't even know what one was until about 3 years ago, boggles my mind!!! What the hell did I use to do???? :cryingwlaughter: So many of my real life friends just shake their heads and their minds are boggled that I think I "know" these people. I was just thrilled beyond words to finally meet so many of my cyber friends in California!! I was beyond excited to find that they were all even more special in person.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Now I get to meet some of the East Coast buddies when I travel to Chicago!!! It's going to be awesome!!

:XmasRed:

:xmas07a:

:) .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Naidanac nrael ot detnaw syawla I. !Looc oh.

yes a day behind as always...

but that was just plain funny....lol

:cryingwlaughter:

That DVD might actually be true. I've been pondering ruminating since seeing it. There's been no mention, no promo, no ads, no publicity at all to speak of.

It's a fact, Jack! :cryingwlaughter:

lol by george I think you've got it....

Bringing this over from CH.

Rainlover posted this link in the condolence thread at the CB. It's a step back in time to May 1, 2003

Clay's talent has always been a source of comfort for the family, said McGhee. When his grandfather passed away, they asked him to sing at the funeral. As long as he could stand behind a screen so he didn't have to see his family's emotional reactions he could do it, he told her. So he sang Sheltered in the Arms "and he did such a good job," McGhee said. "And when he finished ... he just hugged my neck and lost it."

Rainlover posted this link in the condolence thread at the CB. It's a step back in time to May 1, 2003

Clay's talent has always been a source of comfort for the family, said McGhee. When his grandfather passed away, they asked him to sing at the funeral. As long as he could stand behind a screen so he didn't have to see his family's emotional reactions he could do it, he told her. So he sang Sheltered in the Arms "and he did such a good job," McGhee said. "And when he finished ... he just hugged my neck and lost it."

I love him. Period.

I love him. Period.

Me too.

Dang.

I love him. Period.

Me too.....

geesh here come those darn tears yet again....I thougtht I was out of them by now......(been a hard week...)

couchie don't hesitate to let us know if you need a donation for the board in future! Heck for what some of us (no not me of course! :eusa_whistle: ) spend on Clay, it is a drop in the bucket!

I'm glad someone who is not.a.mod (but could be if she wanted to *g*) brought this up. It seems that more than a few of us are willing to pony up once in a while; don't be shy to ask couchie!

I am so happy that Clay has a life that none of us know about! That boy loves him some Broadway shows!

Oh yeah, definitely. I love that he is still able to go out on occasion without "us" finding out about it. I hope he can continue that as much as possible.

*hands out Kleenex*

Amazon definately has a page for a CLay AIken DVD available 9/27/07 and it is a different ASIN number. It might just be the same one with added features.

Thank you for the info - I had missed that.

Couldn't make chat tonight, was at our local library book sale(working) and did not get home in time. In two days we made around $2500. That is not bad considering we sell the used books for $.25 a piece. It allows us to buy things for the library and to put on children parties.

That's a lot of books! Congrats!

the forum just might not look the same until we get our skins recreated

This just cracked me up!

Paypal email is:

Is there an address for those of us who don't have paypal but would like to send a check?

couchie I have a terrible time with paypal and I've given up. It has to do with passwords and their security protection. I would like to send something to help - either for now or as a cushion.

Around 5 p.m. Thursday, my daughter was told she and her son would be discharged that evening. After it was all said and done, they got to bed around midnight. I've never heard of people being discharged between 8 and 9 p.m. Needless to say, there are some tired folks in West Texas; and I wish I could wiggle my nose and at least be there for a long weekend. :)

th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Exciting times, Caro!

Happy Birthday AAIT!!! :04: :Pogo0:

{{{Clay and Family}}}

Edited by saltwaterdog

cry.gif

Happy Birthday, AAIT!!

bdayparty2.gif

:lilredani::clap:

Heh, I'm almost done moving all my drives and clack and that other pesky stuff (work) over to my computer. I got skeered for a minute because my Clay drive didn't show up at first... or at second... or even after I rebooted it... Then, I saw the unplugged cable from the back and phew!!!!!!!!! Hee. It came up as Drive O. :lol:

:whistling-1:

I don't have photoshop, but here are three pictures I just posted in my photobucket account. From WPB. If anyone is inclined to use them in a banner.

:)

th_IMG_2699.jpg th_IMG_2679.jpg th_IMG_2666.jpg

Hi Cotton! Nice to see you here!! Welcome! :clap:

Great pictures!!! Thanks for posting them - I have photoshop! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Edited by cha cha trusty

Great pictures!!! Thanks for posting them - I have photoshop!

Hee I have Photoshop too but I have no clue how to use it!!!

Do we have a tutorial thread anywhere on here? I'd be happy to help some peeps get started on Photoshop!

ooops! forgot to say happybirthday21gi.gif to AnAmeraikeninTX!!

HAGD.gif

Edited by cha cha trusty

I would love a tutorial on photoshop!

NEWS FLASH!

I was just reading an email from a business contact (yes, I'm at work and occasionally actually do work-related things). She works for the Denver Convention and Visitors Bureau but is in New York on business with another client and said she took the client to see Jersey Boys and that Clay was there!

Between this, the Fantasia report and the People magazine picture when he was in New York about a month ago, Clay is spending a lot of time in New York. That begs the question, why? Hmmm............ Of course, I am hoping for CD progress and meeting with this British producer who is flying back and forth (my wish list only!).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY TO AAIT! MAY YOUR DAY BE ALL YOU WISH IT TO BE!

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY A DAY EARLY TO COUNTDOWN GIRL AIKIM WHO IS GOING AWAY THIS WEEKEND TO CELEBRATE HER ANNIVERSARY!

Edited by jazzgirl

I would love a tutorial on photoshop!

For those interested, I have started a new thread in the Fun, Fun, Fun! section called "PHOTOSHOP TECHNIQUES"

Please visit and post some comments/questions! :imgtongue:

couchie - could you please post that PayPal email address again? I'd like to help out too! :F_05BL17blowkiss: