#17: The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.

Couch Tomato

Thread Title Poll  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title on the FCA board?

• .ni tif ot ecin os s'tI. driew adink lla er'uoy kniht I.
    • There's a soft rawness to his tone.
    • He has always had the VOICE! But, boy has he ever learned to use his instrument!
    • He's like a chameleon in a kaleidoscope.
    • Let Clay Aiken take you back.
    • I volunteer to polish his balls for him. I bet that would make his putter stand up on end.
    • Blog me Baby!!!
    • I am no-account cover lover.

Let's see.......loved ACAC. I have the audio on my iPod and I also throw it on random CDs I make for the car. I love the Barry & Yolanda songs with Clay. I wish he was feeling better the day he taped it, but overall I though he did a great job with the concept. Might not have been my choice of a concept, but he didn't ask me.

I'd love it if the Amazon DVD page was for something new, but I am not getting my hopes up.

I promised my son that I would watch Survivor China and last year's CSI Las Vegas finale with him last night, so I had to miss the chat. But hey, it'll give me something to read this morning when I am pretending to work. :cryingwlaughter:

couchie, :woman: LOL What? I just wanted to use that new emoticon. But I bet you hit that magic number. I think many people here value this community enough to want to help out.

ETA: The OFC is still there, it's visible behind the scenes, if you just add "/tours.html" or "/media.html" etc.

Edited by luckiest1

How to say this???

I think it's really nice of Clay to post the memoriam. He feels comfortable enough with us and he thinks highly enough of us and he trusts us enough that he is sharing his pain and sorrow. He could have kept this quiet, he could have just let things go on as usual, but he took the time out of his day to let us know that he and his family were in mourning.

Exactly....and I think that was the perfect way to say it!

ETA: The OFC is still there, it's visible behind the scenes, if you just add "/tours.html" or "/media.html" etc.

...but it would be SOOOO nice to just leave it be for a bit, as Clay obviously wanted.

Awww (((couchie)))

its ok...you've been worrying about this for awhile now. She jokes about it but its been in the back of her mind for a few months. Glad you took the plunge and thank you to those who are willing to help.

I have always been amazed at Couchie's generosity. She is the first person to offer to pay for something first or would forget to tell you that the price she quoted for something didn't include taxes... :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:7252:

To AnAmericamInTx...It was great meeting you this summer and on this board. Hope you have a great day.

How to say this???

I think it's really nice of Clay to post the memoriam. He feels comfortable enough with us and he thinks highly enough of us and he trusts us enough that he is sharing his pain and sorrow. He could have kept this quiet, he could have just let things go on as usual, but he took the time out of his day to let us know that he and his family were in mourning.

While I hadn't thought of it that way initially, ITA with this sentiment.

{{{{{{{{{Clay, Faye, and the McGhee family}}}}}}}}

I have always been amazed at Couchie's generosity. She is the first person to offer to pay for something first or would forget to tell you that the price she quoted for something didn't include taxes... :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

couchie -- don't worry about it. Claying it forward it great, and Ansa is right here, your generosity is fantastic. But sometimes, friends WANT to help. If you give them the opportunity, they will come through.

Off to paypal myself....

Happy, happy birthdday AnAmeraikenInTX! It was great meeting you this past summer, and I've loved seeing your talent in picturetaking. This new one -- guh.

:nanas: :bday2:

...but it would be SOOOO nice to just leave it be for a bit, as Clay obviously wanted.

I wasn't suggesting anything else, just saying that the site still exists in the same format as always. The main page has just been replaced for now. I think it was very cool of Clay to put up the memorial.

Good Morning Everyone,

Hubby and I are heading off on our week-end getaway as soon as he gets home from work, so I have a busy morning...grocery shopping, laundry, packing. We are just headed up to Wisconsin to a little town called Cedarburg...supposed to be a historic town with antique shops, etc....looking forward to a quiet week-end without kids, animals, etc. So this will be the last countdown until Monday:

35 Days until Clay is Live at Lincoln Center!

46 Days until Clay Tapes The Skating Special!

66 Days until The Christmas Tour Starts!

92 Days until Christmas in Merrillville!

95 Days until The Skating Special Airs!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

On the other hand... folks will be used to issues because with much trepidation, we're going to try to upgrade this forum next week. We have no idea how smoothly this will go. At worst it will take a few days to get everything running normally. At best... the forum just might not look the same until we get our skins recreated or we might end up with something totally different. For some reason we've been warned that the upgrade doesn't handle doing that change very well.

:( Are you saying we might log on one morning and not be able to get in????? WAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!! I've become rather fond of this place.

:fca:

I can't believe I wrote this..I feel so dirty. That was tough and on top of it I think when Ansa reads it she'll have a heart attack.

Oh NO! Don't feel bad about it. {{Couchie}} People just need to think about it in terms of a pizza. If everyone sent what they would spend for the price of one pizza a year, that would be enough to keep the board up and give us a warm, snuggly 'home' to come to at the end of the day, where kindness and laughter are the keys that open the door.

Honestly where can you get so much entertainment for so little money?

If everyone gives a little it doesn't hurt as much! Just think, it would hurt a lot more if the board went away.

aarrgghh the dreaded top o' the page! I ignored it last time and look what happened.

Edited by merrieeee

couchie -- don't worry about it. Claying it forward it great, and Ansa is right here, your generosity is fantastic. But sometimes, friends WANT to help. If you give them the opportunity, they will come through.

Yes. And shame on me for not mentioning donating to this site when I thought of it while I was pondering other fund-raising efforts. I shall be hitting paypal this weekend, when I have a minute to stop and remember what my password is...hee. And will be so happy to do it for you all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

---

A death in Clay's family really puts some of the latest yadayadayadfandrama into perspective. No? He does have a RL that goes on. Just like any of us. Which probably colors some of what happens in his career.

I got the impression from LTS that while his peers (& fathers) failed him he did get loving support from many of the adults in his life. And it seems that he has remained close to them. So, sadly he will be letting go of more and more of them as the years go on.

FYI: The recommendations from last year's JNaT06 are up and ready for downloading on the FCA Media - Not A Christmas Tour 2006 page. I also have the first recommendations from the DCAT ready for downloading, on the 2007 Summer Symphony page.

Please let me know if you find a link that doesn't work or any other problem with the pages or the mp3s. Thanks.

Edited by luckiest1

How to say this???

I was thinking the same thing last night shady. I was touched.

Happy Birthday AAIT! :fest30:

On the other hand... folks will be used to issues because with much trepidation, we're going to try to upgrade this forum next week. We have no idea how smoothly this will go. At worst it will take a few days to get everything running normally. At best... the forum just might not look the same until we get our skins recreated or we might end up with something totally different. For some reason we've been warned that the upgrade doesn't handle doing that change very well.

Maybe that event should have coincided with the chat tonight...Is Clay an addiction or hobby! Closing this place down will truly be the measure of a fan.

Good grief, I hope your skins can get recreated, it will be cold without them! :cryingwlaughter::lipstick:

TGIF Greetings, FCA ! :yahoo:

Like everyone else, my thoughts are with Clay and his family.

Out of curiosity, I learned that a link in my browsing history will take me to the blogs. The message board is definitely closed off. After my little expedition, I have since logged out.

Happy Birthday, AAIT! birthdaywishes.jpg

Around 5 p.m. Thursday, my daughter was told she and her son would be discharged that evening. After it was all said and done, they got to bed around midnight. I've never heard of people being discharged between 8 and 9 p.m. Needless to say, there are some tired folks in West Texas; and I wish I could wiggle my nose and at least be there for a long weekend. :)

Have a great day, FCA! th_bubblesmileyrev.gif

Caro listen.gif

Edited by Carolina Clay

Caro, I'm so glad that your dtr. and new GS were able to be discharged last night! It was late, but it's good that they were doing well enough to go home. Are you planning a trip to go and see them?

I wish -- but I have to teach lessons to pay the bills. I'll have to wait for some school vacation time. :)

Caro listen.gif

Off to paypal myself....

:huh::blink:

Wow! I never knew this was possible! :RedGuy: Wonder what Clay's paypal address is... :lipstick::whistling-1:

Oh, YEAY! I get to wish a :bday2: to one of my favorite people---AAIT! It's always interesting to me to get to "know" someone on the message board through my story threads and AAIT was someone early on whose posts made me anxious to meet her in REAL life...so glad I did. :large-smiley-003:

Edited by muskifest

Maybe that event should have coincided with the chat tonight...Is Clay an addiction or hobby! Closing this place down will truly be the measure of a fan.

Good grief, I hope your skins can get recreated, it will be cold without them! :cryingwlaughter::lipstick:

Hee...I don't know ifyou are snarking or not... :F_05BL17blowkiss: but just in case...skins is the term used for the appearance of a message board. When the update happens the board will look different. We will still have the same banner but the colors won't be the same and there will be new features I think and the layout will be somewhat different. The buttons and such may also lose our custom FCA. It mat take some time...hopefully not more than a few hours to get the place looking like home again. We really like the color scheme so we will stick to that unless Couchie and I find a new skin that we really like...we will stick to these colors. BUT the layout will be different.

When the upgrade happens and I start working on the appearance...we will not close down the board...you will still be able to post and read...but you may find that the board will look different every time you refresh.

We are also soliciting for new banners....any kind of pictures are welcome...