#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

CG, they didn't have those kinds of lighting effects in St. Louis that I could tell. However, Clay does make sure to mention his thanks for his new lighting guy (I guess he learned his lesson after the "Quiana lighting" incident last summer *g*) during the staff introductions, so he is traveling with a light person. My thinking is either the venue had some extra stuff to play with that many of the other places didn't, or else, UPS came through and finally shipped the effects to the tour!

CG...yup its Clays lighting person they are traveling with their own lighting and sound guy, he introduces both every night. I think its possible the different venues have different lighting effects and that may be a factor on what you get per night but so far the lighting has been awesome and consistent.

The birthday concert thread is here!!

Hope y'all can join and chat and celebrate the concert and Clay's birthday...

Did they have the same effects as they did last night elsewhere? The way everyone was talking made it sound like last night it was different, which made me think it was the venue person.

Oh well, as long as I can see Clay looking CUTE, then its all right with me!

Claygasm, I started to respond to you earlier, because I thought the same thing as you that maybe it was a venue person doing the lighting. Something in the back of my brain, addled as it is remembered Clay saying something about a sound person then I saw Ansa's response that he had a lighting person with him too. In St. Louis , they did have some lighting effects, I do remember snowflakes, I don't think they were as bold as the ones in the background last night. It certainly was showing up beautifully in the still photos from last night. Honestly, it's hard for me to notice anything else when he is on the stage.

You and Muski have a great time and enjoy your show in DC

I see Ldyj responded too, Yeah, I wonder if it had anything to do with the Quiana lighting problems at a couple of the venues, or if he just wanted cool lighting for the Christmas show. I guess it could be both.

Show is a bit earlier tonight...

Time: 8:00 pm (Eastern) 7:00 pm CDT, 6:00 pm MST, 5:00 pm PST

And jmh ... just so you know...we'll be in the concert thread.

Again.

:cryingwlaughter:

VIEW NEW POSTS!

---

Didn't really have a background to project them on in Wichita. There were drapped curtains and that wouldn't really have worked.

Muski, have fun. So glad everything worked out and you were able to attend a show after all. You and CG, have a glass on me, or two.

Atinal..but I think they've been paying all the staff..by laying them off they no longer have to pay them during the strike.

eta: ysrn..are you listening to KNBR... we need to grab some people, pool our money, and bid on one of those fabulous sports experiences next year.

I forgot to give Clay a song dedication for his birthday. Tsk! Tsk! Sung by one of my favorite singers. She sooooooooooooo reminds me of Clay. Notice she is wearing a long black jacket. She also makes those cute, funny little faces, like Clay. She sticks out her tongue, and does a quickie bump and grind too. :cryingwlaughter: Plays air instruments, does glory notes, expressive with her hands, and gets a little dramatic. :cryingwlaughter: Yep she is his female equal. I love him so.

Do I love you, my oh my?

River Deep Mountain High!

If I lost you would I cry?

Oh how I love you baby. Baby, baby, baby.....Introduction by Patricia Arquette

Muski, have fun. So glad everything worked out and you were able to attend a show after all. You and CG, have a glass on me, or two.

Atinal..but I think they've been paying all the staff..by laying them off they no longer have to pay them during the strike.

I just saw on MSN that Conan is paying next week's salaries of all his non-striking staff out of his own pocket. I don't know what happens after next week. Maybe he's hoping the strike will be settled by then. Bad time of year to be facing a layoff.

:trink4: But I got an 8% raise today.! :)

which means she's buying the drinks in Omaha :trink3: :drinking34:

I'm feeling for the people without the big bucks..but yeah..only two eppies left of Private Practice and I'm already in withdrawals. Does this not affect daytime?

:bday2: To Clay: the hottest sexiest, smartest, coolest, snarkiest singing-man ever, with the biggest.................................. Heart! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clearly I think about him way too much, cuz I went half the day today dating all of my work 11/30/78! :whistling-1:

Have fun, all of tonight's concert-goers, and show our baby the love on his birthday!

That's why I chose that particular emoticon. :trink4: <-That's JaMar and I. I ain't sayin' who's on the left and who's on the right. I think we all know. But , in Omaha we'll be this -> :drinking34:

edited to fix smilies - I hope

I just wanted to share this birthday wallpaper I made today:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!

Cotton - I have an extra ticket for DC on Sunday... feel like driving up? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks, but can't do it.

DH's company Christmas thingy in tomorrow night and there's some other RL stuff going on, too.

NCClayFan and Cindydoe invited me along on their trek ages ago, but I just couldn't work it out.

When the tix went on sale, I was sick and just didn't have the energy - or have confidence that I'd feel well enough - to do the planning. So I've just missed the boat on this one.

I can't believe no venues closer to the Carolinas wanted our BF. Their loss!

Stoopid people!

I'll live.

DH and I are planning to go to see Spam! No tix, etc. yet, but I ain't missing that if I can help it.

I just wanted to share this birthday wallpaper I made today:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAY!

Cotton - I have an extra ticket for DC on Sunday... feel like driving up? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks, but can't do it.

DH's company Christmas thingy in tomorrow night and there's some other RL stuff going on, too.

NCClayFan and Cindydoe invited me along on their trek ages ago, but I just couldn't work it out.

When the tix went on sale, I was sick and just didn't have the energy - or have confidence that I'd feel well enough - to do the planning. So I've just missed the boat on this one.

I can't believe no venues closer to the Carolinas wanted our BF. Their loss!

Stoopid people!

I'll live.

DH and I are planning to go to see Spam! No tix, etc. yet, but I ain't missing that if I can help it.

Hope you are feeling better now! This summer's trip just about wore me out too!!

If you change your mind call me, the guest room is still ready! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm feeling for the people without the big bucks..but yeah..only two eppies left of Private Practice and I'm already in withdrawals. Does this not affect daytime?

Supposedly, the CBS daytime soap operas are good into february. Ellen was getting crap because she crossed the picket lines. I don't know about the View or R&K.

eta: ysrn..are you listening to KNBR... we need to grab some people, pool our money, and bid on one of those fabulous sports experiences next year.

I didn't hear it... is it an online auction thingy?

Ooo, congrats BW... that's awesome!!