#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

I usually try to keep avatars from concerts I actually attend. Not this time.....

IMG_0130_filtered2.jpg

I LURVE this picture. I'm one that feels Clay proves men in glasses can be incredibly sexy and CUTE! Heh.

rohdy -- great job on the book drive! That's amazing.

I do think the pictures are turning out very consistently fantastic this tour, and I think there's a simple reason for this -- he's pretty much glued to one spot on the stage! When the man's in motion, it's impossible to catch him, but like this, it makes for much easier clack gathering.

muski. CG, KAndre and all the others traveling today -- stay safe.

You know I don't have a problem with people who have doubts about certain aspects of a show and voice those doubts. And yes, everyone is entitled to change their minds after they've seen the show. Sometimes it is hard to "get" someone else's vision. But some of the reaction to the idea of the stories was so OTT critical...before they even happened. And now? Yeah. It is the JBT all over again and it's just beyond predictable anymore. Sooo why not just give Clay the benefit of the doubt for a change? Or at least wait until something actually has happened before passing judgement?

Anyone wanna take bets on that happening next time? :whistling-1:

---

I've seen some really really great pictures from last night. :wub:

----

Having a bit of an icestorm this morning. Glad I don't need to go out.

Man it's gonna be tough to go back to work Monday. :fca:

You know I don't have a problem with people who have doubts about certain aspects of a show and voice those doubts. And yes, everyone is entitled to change their minds after they've seen the show. Sometimes it is hard to "get" someone else's vision. But some of the reaction to the idea of the stories was so OTT critical...before they even happened. And now? Yeah. It is the JBT all over again and it's just beyond predictable anymore. Sooo why not just give Clay the benefit of the doubt for a change? Or at least wait until something actually has happened before passing judgement?

Did you notice a lot of attitudes started changing once members of "their" own boards started getting selected to read their stories?

There are some beautiful pics by five goldens posted at the CH I tried last night to bring them over, but guess I don't know what I'm doin' because I couldn't get it to work.

Just a mini recap from last night. It was just beautiful. We got upgraded to 3rd row pit, center seats.( the best I have ever had, we were originally in 19th row, upgraded to 10th, the upgraded to these.) We were sitting right next to 3 young gentleman who were juniors at University of Michigan, and were so complementary to the whole show. The one right next to us was really into it. I have to say that Clay sounded just great and the lights on him were amazing. AIW came on and always makes me nervous, toward the end I thought he sounded a little raspy but he hit the note, just did not hold it as long as he does sometimes. My concert buddy has only been to one previous concert and that was this summer, she left in a true Aiken fog. I teased her most of the way home. I know this is not very articulate but I too am in that fog.

What bothers me is that no one ever bothers to say they were wrong. They just go on to criticize the next thing as if they were right, even if they do 180.

What do I dread? The time beforethe next album, especially after the first single is released or leaked and the criticizing begins, instead of supportive voting on Yes.com or radio stations. That the the people that say they likethat Clay doesn't compriomise, but then demand he do what they say, even if it is compromizing.

Just a mini recap from last night. It was just beautiful. We got upgraded to 3rd row pit, center seats.( the best I have ever had, we were originally in 19th row, upgraded to 10th, the upgraded to these.) We were sitting right next to 3 young gentleman who were juniors at University of Michigan, and were so complementary to the whole show. The one right next to us was really into it. I have to say that Clay sounded just great and the lights on him were amazing. AIW came on and always makes me nervous, toward the end I thought he sounded a little raspy but he hit the note, just did not hold it as long as he does sometimes. My concert buddy has only been to one previous concert and that was this summer, she left in a true Aiken fog. I teased her most of the way home. I know this is not very articulate but I too am in that fog.

So, how did these guys get these great seats? Don't tell me they were on line during the fan club sale!

Some news clips. Our picks forweekend ideas that can't miss

CLAY AIKEN // The American Idol winner will perform a holiday concert with the Concert Artists of Baltimore at 7 p.m. tomorrow at the Warner Theatre, 513 13th St. N.W., Washington. Tickets are $57-$127. Go to ticketmaster.com or call 410-547-7328.

Need a new fact checkerrr here.

Catch the glitter and pop of holiday concerts

''American Idol'' contender Clay Aiken, rootsy country singer Suzy Bogguss, smooth jazz stars Peter White, Allentown native Rick Braun and Mindi Abair, and veteran doo-wop act the Cornell Gunter Coasters are among those returning to spread seasonal cheer.

So, unlike the very sad character played by Marlon Brando, Clay has become a "contenda"!

gbmifan, congrats on getting those upgrades, and I'm glad you had a fantastic time! I love that you were sitting next to those young guys too!

BTW, I almost forgot -- got a text message this morning at 7:30 a.m. (I was awake, really....*g*) from luckiest1, saying that her seats were perfection and she was happy she got both glasses and feet (heh). She also said that Scarlett says "hi" as well.

jamar, it's starting to freezing rain right now here as well. We're predicted to get a 1/4 inch of ice today. My husband and I were going to do outside lights today....guess we'll work on Christmas cards instead. *g*

And hopefully the electricity won't cut out and I'll lose my computer!

OMG, I just noticed....it's sheiladownunder's birthday!!!!!

:04: :00003653:

Oh, and who won the birthday emoticon thing for Clay yesterday couchie? Heh.

ETA: Just watched toni7babe's AIW from last night. Wow. Amazing. And yes, the lighting stuff is all new -- the single spotlight at the end was not in St. Louis. I love how he tweaks the show just a bit, but still keeps the flavor of the entire thing.

gbmifan, congrats on getting those upgrades, and I'm glad you had a fantastic time! I love that you were sitting next to those young guys too!

BTW, I almost forgot -- got a text message this morning at 7:30 a.m. (I was awake, really....*g*) from luckiest1, saying that her seats were perfection and she was happy she got both glasses and feet (heh). She also said that Scarlett says "hi" as well.

jamar, it's starting to freezing rain right now here as well. We're predicted to get a 1/4 inch of ice today. My husband and I were going to do outside lights today....guess we'll work on Christmas cards instead. *g*

Yeah, we're getting the freezing rain here too. Hubby is out and about in it and called to suggest that I wait til later today if I'm going to go anywhere.

I don't usually do this, but now that my concert high is dwindling I'm starting to feel a little sad that I'm not going to another concert, :cry4: and Merrilliville..... Merrillville----Merrillville...... is calling....me

I LOVE the dramatic effect of the light shining on the empty microphone... I hope he makes that a trademark for when he is performing indoors, it is sooo cool! HE is so cool... he got that way this summer, ya know! LOL

His poor eye... hope the day off heals it up!

Glad he's going to sell the merchandise online... geesh, the man just doesn't understand how much we want to throw our money at him if he'd just give us a chance... LOL

I don't usually do this, but now that my concert high is dwindling I'm starting to feel a little sad that I'm not going to another concert, :cry4: and Merrilliville..... Merrillville----Merrillville...... is calling....me

Why yes, atinal, I hear it too -- Merrillville wants you REALLY badly. And I know couchie would love it if you can find a way to get yourself there too!

Off to figure out what I'm doing next....if I can tear myself away from the clack....

To answer you question, the three young guys said that they knew someone who work there who got them the tickets. I was just impressed how excited they were. The one sitting next to us is a theater musical major and he just kept commenting on how incredible Clays voice is.

Feel free to let us know and post a link to it but I'm sure everyone here uses VIEW NEW POSTS.

Subtle is your middle name.

Keeping my fingers crossed we get some great clack of the AIW six beams of light. The description of that effect sounds incredible.

My pop star boyfriend and I have a connection!

And guess what, I'm also lazy. I'm making things easy on myself and giving the prize to Playbiller. If you would like to contest that decision and count the missing chads and such, let me know. heee

Can ya'll believe it's December. Has this year flown by to anyone else. Why did the first 20 years of my life take 40 years to go by and now that I'm 40 something everything takes half as long.

To everyone traveling on this day... take care.

Who's eye? Clay's eye? What happened to his eye? I think I missed a post somewhere. I'm not going to organize a prayer vigil or anything, I'm just nosey.

I'm glad he gets a day off - I just hope he's spending it somewhere where there's no ice and snow like y'all are talking about. We have rain and cold here today, but so far it's just above freezing.

Demmit - y'all are going to make me download Clack at work, aren't you? I only ever done that once before (the "Now I'm a man" bit :wub: ), but I don't think I can wait to see Toni's AIW and the Six Beams of Light until I get home. And we have a T1 connection here...it would only take a minute or so.

Oops...better 'work'.

Who's eye? Clay's eye? What happened to his eye? I think I missed a post somewhere. I'm not going to organize a prayer vigil or anything, I'm just nosey.

Yeah that! What happened to his eye - and more importantly - will it be better by tomorrow??????

Well, muski should be winging her way east right now. I need to finish up a few things here before I head to the airport to pick her up. I am very excited about seeing our CUTE boyfriend tomorrow!

And I have been trying to beg KAndre to allow us mere mortals to get together with her and the rest of her amazing eHP traveling party. I so want to be entertained by them bask in their glory!

SHEILADOWNUNDER -- I remember the laughs and fun in Tulsa, and the brief chat in Orlando and look forward to more time with you when next we meet on the trail.

happybdaysparkle.gif

... Yeah. It is the JBT all over again and it's just beyond predictable anymore. Sooo why not just give Clay the benefit of the doubt for a change? Or at least wait until something actually has happened before passing judgement?

What bothers me is that no one ever bothers to say they were wrong. They just go on to criticize the next thing as if they were right, even if they do 180.

playbiller, you never cease to amaze me with the way you so succinctly articulate some aspects of this fandom, including the above. You wise and interesting woman, you!

ETA: Just realized that I have half Jamar and half playbiller on that quote. I love the abundance of smart women at FCA.

And to those mentioning Clay's eye problem, and about selling the merchandise at OFC, would somebody bring a link please? I dunno where this is coming from and I wanna know everything! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

KF, it is on the fan club first page, but not yet in the store.

Now I am curious if people still want the Scarf and/or hat since they will be avaialbe at the OFC. The posters will probably not be available, and I can just get that.

Yup, Jamar is one interesting person, I quote her often.

Happy Birthday Shieladownunder. b4b78bb7.gif

HappyBirthday001.jpg

About the eye.... he has always had that slightly wonky eye that partially closes when he is tired/stressed. I have noticed over the tours that when the eye starts closing more and more in the vids/pics is when he wears his glasses. I noticed in the 4th concert that the eye was closing and sure enough, the next night, glasses. That's all the eye thing is. Just my personal observation. Not that I watch Clay a whole lot or anything like that. LOL

Play... when is your first concert. If they don't have them up by then, then just to be safe, I still want mine. Who knows what they'll put online. I might not like it as much as I do the hat/scarf combo they have now.

11/30/07 : Update on the "Christmas in the Heartland" Tour

By Team Clay

The "Christmas in the Heartland" tour so far has been tons of fun and a tremendous success! Thank you to all the fans who attended and to those of you that will be coming to future shows. The hats and scarves are selling so well that we will have to order more to keep up with the demand! And since these cozy items are such great sellers, stay tuned to the news for updates on new sets that will be exclusively available in the Clay Aiken Official Store.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm still in my pjs. Went out last night and family getting together tomorrow, so today I get to do what I want which is lay around.

Bottlecap, OMG he's so cute...the kangaroo, too.

Off to search for clack from last night. I saw that AI rewind said New York auditions. What?????

Thanks for the explanation about the eye liney. I thought there was breaking news about Clay poking himself in the eye or something. I noticed at the first concert in Wichita that his left eye was drooping. (Why yes..I was using binoculars in a church. Is there a problem? ) When we were watching the Clack in Gibby's room afterward I commented on it.

Ok, I'm home from work and am supposed to be Christmas shopping this afternoon, but it's so frickin' frackin' freakin' cold and wet, I don't want to go out. I mean, I still have 24 days yet, right?

My first concert is this Thursday.

Must go to bank this week and take out a LOT of money.

Does anyone one want a dog? OI am tryiong to paint/stain different things and dog wants to go out, no come in, no go out, no come in - about 25 times (no exaggeration) this morning/afternoon.

Hello my little darlings! As I type, I have just finished cleaning the house, decorating and setting up for this evening's "soiree"- or is it "swa-ray"?

Chef DivaHubby is poaching some fine salmon in sour cream sauce and is making his own mulled wine. We are waiting for the phone to ring from the Metro station near us- as the Queen herself will be my first and early arrival- that's right, I'm talkin' 'bout Ms Kandre herself. My twin sister- we share the same birthday.

Next early guest will be Celtic harpist Chris, cuz we have to rehearse! I'm joining her on the flute. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hugs to all- and an extra squisheroo for playbiller!

Hi Y'all -- I am getting ready to go to Diva's in about an hour. I hear the eHP is going to be there!! Should I be afraid????? (noooo - didn't think so!) :cryingwlaughter:

It's gonna be fun. Hubby has decided to go with me to keep MrDiva company. :xmas07a:

Film at 11. (tm Johnny Carson)

So you know the DC ticket I almost sold? It's a good thing I didn't because my cousin got her dates screwed up and she can actually go to the concert tomorrow! yaaaY! She is a Concert Virgin, and she's very excited! This will be fun. She already loves Clay because I have given her 2 of his albums (MOAM and MCWL) and here's a cute story. She was feeling bad a few days ago, and her 12-yr-old daughter was trying to make her feel better, so guess what she did?? She put on MCWL!! Isn't that just the cutest story!?

:xmas07a: :XmasRed: :xmas07a: :XmasRed: :xmas07a: