#21: "Surprisingly, the ice did not melt."

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• Clay really is a smorgasbord of yummy goodness. Can I have the drumstick, please?
    • He loved his seconddom, and his seconddom loved him back.
    • I want to be Clay Aiken when I grow up.
    • In this concert's solemn setting, he IS joy.
    • Clay's voice is his niche.
    • Which brings us to Clay Aiken, as most good conversations should.
    • And two weeks ago, I didn't know who Clay Aiken was
    • Ahhhh.....like the first little snowflakes of the season, the first little lip bites of the holiday concerts are just as beautiful...
    • He is who he is and that is what the world gets.. the real Clay.
    • My fangirly is in full blush, yo!
    • He has thrown down a gauntlet, and dared us to pick it up.
    • Sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Loved it. CG will give her own assessment. I really think his voice has developed incredibly and sounded so very, very beautiful throughout the whole concert. (Yes, Gibby, dear...go to another one. The first one doesn't even compare in vocal quality---at least from what I can hear from the audio clack.)..

Yay, it was a great concert for Muski and CG!! Is CG upset about the glasses? From the pics, he looks pretty darn hawt, even with the glasses?

Wow, I thought he sounded fantastic in Wichita - so if he's better, I might not survive if I get to go to Omaha!

Excellent pics, chacha!

CG here..........

Yes, I was upset by the glasses! The reflection from the lights made it hard to see his purdy eyes!!

I hate the glasses!! :cry4:

But, still, he was CUTE

I'll give my thoughts on the show when I get home from work tomorrow - if I can stay awake considering I have to get up in a little over 4 hours so I can get to work by 10:00am. I also need time to think about it......

Wah! I don't want this weekend to end so I'll refuse to start packing until 15 minutes before Solo takes KAndre, merrieeee and me to the airport at 4:30 am (or they start threatening violence, whichever comes first). -- uh-oh here comes merrieeee!

*WTOW on endless repeat*

... sigh, guh, thud, swoon, wonderstruck, overwhelmed, floored, astounded!

Forgot to add that the nice thing about sharing a king room with merrieeee is that I can imagine what Clay will sound like! *does anyone want a bedcert?* (and merrieeee yells, "Go to sleep already!")

If Clay really wants a secret, he should never tella fan.

{ersonally, I am more offended by the people who come out of the M&G and tellus they have a secret and then probably only tell their friends in PM. You know they didn't keep thier secret and that they told someone. I find that way more offensive, sort of teasing and setting themselves up as better fans because they know something we don't know.

In real life, I wish people would keep any album information they find a secret, I really don't think I can go through the angst again.

scar.jpg

:lol:

I suppose I'm supposed to now post one of my own... LOL!

clayamour CMSU tellin' on Clay. He's not the boss of her, apparently. Hee.

chach... love the angle of your pics! I like the interesting shots... I mean how many pictures of Clay's nostrils do I need? *checks 4 hard drives*... heh, lots I guess! :lol:

I missed another cellcert. :cry4:

And I'm not sure i can make it another 17 whole days til Minneapolis surrounded by all this nasty :deepersnow: white stuff

I think I need some hugs.

Diva, you are the sweetist flautist........is there audio anywhere?

ChaCha, I loved your stage picture.

playbiller, I totally agree that if Clay wants to keep something a secret he shouldn't tell a fan. I think I remember reading something recently in a meet and greet recap that Clay didn't think the story tellers were keeping it quiet beforehand. When he was reassured that they were, he was surprised. I don't mean to offend my gender or anything, but Clay has lived around women all his life. He knows secrets are kinda tough to keep for us cause we just "share" things. hee. I have this niggling suspicion he just puts things out there to test his theory ,belief , idea that we can't keep our mouths shut.

I figure I'm pretty good at keeping secrets, and if I do tell someone, Rumour.gif I make sure they know it's in the strictest confidence.rofl_2.gif

My sister is really bad; when she knows a secret, she either tells it to everyone or she forgets it completely.covereyes.gif

Hey, YSRN, that scar looks like a little smile! :)

Well, the best way to keep a secret is to forget it. I have such a bad memory, I think that is why people tell them to me.

The scar under Clay's chin reminds me of my brother's scar. He rode his tricycle off the porch steps - the brick ones. my mother had the porch enclosed the next year. Of course, my family did not believe in doctors, so he never got stiches or went to the hospital. Times change.

DC-WTOW.jpg

Wheeeeeeee! I love you! FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Mimefan got audio tonight in DC!! *happy dance* I love the quality of her recordings. And since both the orchestra and Clay were excellent tonight, it will be primo clack! She has to get her audio cleaned up, and will upload it by Christmas.

That is fantastic news.

I don't mean to offend my gender or anything, but Clay has lived around women all his life. He knows secrets are kinda tough to keep for us cause we just "share" things. hee. I have this niggling suspicion he just puts things out there to test his theory ,belief , idea that we can't keep our mouths shut.

{{{zena}}}

I second your suspicion. :cryingwlaughter: But really, people, regardless of how anyone feels about fans spilling secrets, can't we at least bring the secret over here if we're going to discuss it? :imgtongue:

ETA: OK, I see now that the CH is full of red ink and the not-so-secret secret has been editted out. God, I hate all the "can you PM me" shit........hate back channels. HATE.

ETA: OK, I see now that the CH is full of red ink and the not-so-secret secret has been editted out. God, I hate all the "can you PM me" shit........hate back channels. HATE.

Last I looked, it was still up and in full view at the OFC. I wish I knew how to do that cool thing where you can link just one post over there to here, but I be stoopid.

...but yeah, it's about two pages back from the end of the ' December 2- Washington, DC - Warner Theater- Discussion, reviews, cellcerts & photo' thread in The Man.

Btw, I ADORE that shot of his boots and the sheet music! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks, laughn. For future reference, you just right click on the number of the post (in this case post #623) and choose "copy shortcut".

Link to secret at OFC

ETA: djs111, it's still there. Sometimes they move them into a different section, once the concert is over, but from what I read, the mods didn't have a problem with the "secret" being shared.

Well, it looks to me like that entire thread is gone from the OFC - :-(

OK - got it, thanks - I am just incredibly happy it is no big deal and it is NOT about the new CD.

(Reading reams of crap about how his career is over or how big a mistake he is making or how he needs different career advice (like he is a puppet) - even before the CD is released - is eye-rollingly unpleasant.)

Well, the best way to keep a secret is to forget it. I have such a bad memory, I think that is why people tell them to me.

*snort*

My middle child is the WORST secret keeper. In fact, when someone asks him if he can keep a secret...he says...no, no I can't. But he always lets them know that it isn't cuz he wants to tell everyone their business he just can't always REMEMBER what he can tell and what he can't. Hee. And he learned long ago that our worlds are way to small for him to keep a secret from me. He lived with his sisters best guyfriend in college. He'd tell Matt something (Shhh. Don't tell!) Matt would tell E in IM (Shhh. Don't tell.) She'd tell me. (Shhh. Don't tell!) We all finally decided that it was silly to pretend that I wouldn't find stuff out. The first time it happened it was supposed to be this huge secret that he lost his cell phone. And I'm like...didja really think I'd be upset that you'd lose your cellphone? This is the child that lost everything he ever put his hands on including, rather famously, his car.

Sorry...that was totally random. :cryingwlaughter:

---

Awww. I'm glad you guys like the show muski but I'm with Gibby and sticking up for my show. Nothing wrong with his voice in Wichita! Nothin' at all. It was in turns powerful, subtle, nuanced and beautiful.

---

Now I must take my poochies out into the frigid air for a bit of a walk and get ready for work. My vacation is officially over. *sniff*

AAAARGH....I was called to school this morning and I was just goign to pack up the laptop when I see the secret is out but you have to hunt down for it....I HATE THAT. I generally have no problem when someon says they have a secret they can't tell. I just respect that. BUT when the "secret" is revealed and coyly deleted and you have to pm people....gah hate that cos now I want to know and I ahve no time to hunt it down.

sigh.

I don;t think this is a real secret to Clay...I am sure he knows enough not to tell the fans really sensitive info. BUT I do beleive he likes to do this to give a sense of intimacy in the m&G and probably a bit of a game to see how fast the secret goes around.

Sigh.

Glad the concert goers had fun...

OK - got it, thanks - I am just incredibly happy it is no big deal and it is NOT about the new CD.

(Reading reams of crap about how his career is over or how big a mistake he is making or how he needs different career advice (like he is a puppet) - even before the CD is released - is eye-rollingly unpleasant.)

I'm happy about that too. The boards illustrate how different we are when it comes to things Clay. I'm more into the now and not into the speculation about the future. There is no way for me to predict anything about anyone's career. Much of it is luck. The only thing I can offer is that those with talent who are hard workers sometimes succeed. lol. I can't even predict anything about those I don't like as I'm always surprised at the success of some.

One thing I don't understand is the instant negativity before people experience something for themselves or listen to more than one garbled concert from a cellphone. I made the mistake of reading the boards the first night of this show. Next time, I plan to find something else to do until the facts are known. Maybe I'll look at old videos. I was so busy with family and work last summer that I did not watch as much clack or put together a CD for myself. Now that things have eased up, I already have my CD for this show. For the new Christmas skating show, I plan to be on some fangirly board and only that board.

My plan the next time there is major angst is to catch up on the SRHP tour. Thanks to everyone who sorted through the videos. I'm going to start with the list here and may stop there. Yesterday, I learned how to convert video to audio. In a couple of months, I'll happily catch up on the SHRP tour and finally make a CD for myself from that tour.

The concert last night sounded the best. I can't wait to see the videos. I listened to the one audio song mimifan released. It was wonderful but we won't get the rest until closer to Christmans. I hear deborah's set is great too. I'll have to check that out soon. My preference is normally for more uptempo songs but I'm loving Clay's voice (as always) and this show is wonderful. WTOW is to die for. Did I happen to mention how much I love that song. Hee.

Hey, I have no problem copying and pasting it here on the board, whether or not it was deleted from the CH. Just give me the go ahead, oh ye mods. :cryingwlaughter:

PLEASEEEEEEE!!!!! It does appear to have been removed from the OFC now, and I have to leave for work in less than 30 minutes!!!

Well - I still don't know the big secret... can't we just write it on here if it's already been spilled????? :imgtongue:

That link went nowhere - it looks like the whole thread was deleted!!

I hate to beg........... :cryingwlaughter:

BTW - I have posted those DC PIX on my web page! Feel free to share!

To me, saying 'I've got a secret' is exactly what it looks like. A game show. If it's a secret and you don't plan to tell it, then please just stfu. That said, I don't expect for a minute that Clay actually expected or intended for it to be kept.

So is anybody going to post it, or does the game continue?

According to the OFC thread, they've pulled the "secret" as well, "in order to stay consistent with the policy of other boards."

I don't understand why the OFC would want to stay consistent with other boards, but what-evah!

Once I can get in touch with couchie and Ansa, we'll have a pow-wow.