#23: Lordy. He is one more hunkalicious dude!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• It is more than just the vox and the humor and the gahness!
    • Somewhere out there Clay is looking cute and talking with an accent and practicing a dance.
    • In so many ways, Clay has made me throw my sanity to the wind.
    • Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.
    • "Them desire prospered New Year"
    • He's one yummy man from any angle I look at him.
    • I just betcha "Sir Robin" is going to fit his Clayness like a second skin.

See, CG - that's where you're WRONG!

It wasn't a badly sewn back flap - he NEVER CUT THE LITTLE STRINGS HOLDING THE FLAP SHUT!

So uncool.

merryclay, I think you and I are absolutely right! I know, it surprised me too!

You know you're so right. I can't remember the first time I realized Clay was a live wire, probably from some of the bantering at concerts. But, I swear I was so shocked and I was laughing my butt off. I was like OMGoodness., I didn't know he could do that. It was a great time.

I am wondering if the rest of the people who appeared to sing did not make themselves available or maybe they did not bring their own fans by the hundreds. That dinner must have been so amazing to the others. hee. I thought it was quite well done and amazed at the amount of work that went into it. I wandered around a bit until I found someone to thank, don't know if it was the right person, but I found someone.

Do you mean on the special? Because I don't think anyone else appeared live, did they? LOL, in fact it seemed that the rest of the music came straight off the NBC Christmas compilation cd.

ansa, the pre skating show dinner in Vegas had 300 people at it, included live and silent auctions, and had big screen videos. It was fantastic, and there are recaps aplenty (plus FCA pics) in other threads, off main.

I have been a figure skating fan for many more years than I've been a Clay fan. I've watched countless skating shows on TV, some with live performers, and I've attended countless skating shows live, some taped for TV. I've never seen a singer featured and promoted as heavily as Clay was for this NBC special. I was amazed and delighted! As for his hair, his jacket, his vocals......nitpicking, as far as I'm concerned. I was there. He was gorgeous and professional. His vocals may not have been perfect on all songs, but they were damned good as far as I was concerned. I have had the audio from the live taping on my iPod since the day I returned from Vegas. It's lovely. I am thrilled to death that he was featured for 2 hours on Christmas day on a major network special. Tons of NJU will have seen him and been impressed with him. I bet they learned a thing or two about him, too. It's all good in my book!

I just want to say one thing about DSIAFCD. I think (JMbitchyO) that people have become so used to audio-corrected sound and lip-synching that they expect every note to be perfect. Well, the human voice just doesn't work that way. I LOVE the gravel tones and even the occasional cracks. They tell me that Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice (OH, if only it were his body), balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.

Why can't that be enough to fill us with joy??

ansa, the pre skating show dinner in Vegas had 300 people at it, included live and silent auctions, and had big screen videos. It was fantastic, and there are recaps aplenty (plus FCA pics) in other threads, off main.

I have been a figure skating fan for many more years than I've been a Clay fan. I've watched countless skating shows on TV, some with live performers, and I've attended countless skating shows live, some taped for TV. I've never seen a singer featured and promoted as heavily as Clay was for this NBC special. I was amazed and delighted! As for his hair, his jacket, his vocals......nitpicking, as far as I'm concerned. I was there. He was gorgeous and professional. His vocals may not have been perfect on all songs, but they were damned good as far as I was concerned. I have had the audio from the live taping on my iPod since the day I returned from Vegas. It's lovely. I am thrilled to death that he was featured for 2 hours on Christmas day on a major network special. Tons of NJU will have seen him and been impressed with him. I bet they learned a thing or two about him, too. It's all good in my book!

:word:

Cindilu, your video isn't showing up when I click on it--takes me to the Photobucket homepage for some reason.

I just want to say one thing about DSIAFCD. I think (JMbitchyO) that people have become so used to audio-corrected sound and lip-synching that they expect every note to be perfect. Well, the human voice just doesn't work that way. I LOVE the gravel tones and even the occasional cracks. They tell me that Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice (OH, if only it were his body), balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.

Why can't that be enough to fill us with joy??

It is for me, wanda. It is for me!

I really think the NASCAR analogy is a fair (albeit sad) one these days. People want to see the wrecks. They want to see the blood. The race becomes secondary.

Hell, Team Clay probably has a hell of a time determining that the organism known as Clay Nation actually thinks. I think it just rampages around strictly on instinct.

Ah K...loved your entire post but especially the above.

Cindilu, believe me there is a limit to my patience. I think Jenna sums it up best for me.

And quite frankly, if across a board, angry, bitter complaints far outweigh any appreciation or praise, I'm sorry, but I have to withdraw.

Before ATDW, I so enjoyed a battle royale and throwing in my 25 cents in about stupid meaningless crap. Now, pffft. I'm still on a high from the final concert and had no clue there was so much anger about the meet and greets and readers and what not. We had perfectly logical conversations about the whole thing and really, what's to be angry about. Clay bit off a bit more than he expected to chew. It's not worth a caning. Especially when there is so much to treasure from that tour.

I want to give a shout out to all mothers. That's usually necessary after I spend a day of babysitting. Don't know how ya'll do it.

Waves to Skybar!!

Can somebody please put any extras that can't be missed in one thread so that they can be easily found later. Thanks.

ETA: I like that there is some press for the UNICEF trip. How is he doing towards his goal of 100K.

And there is just so much to celebrate right now and look forward to. It's been a good year IMO. Looking forward to 2008.

LOL, in fact it seemed that the rest of the music came straight off the NBC Christmas compilation cd.

Hee, yeah, I was playing some mixed Christmas CDs on Christmas Day, and was surprised to hear The Happy Elf come up on the RCA Sounds of the Season one. :P CMSU. Also the WOW compilation one that I bought last year had Michael W. Smith's version of WTOW on it!

If anyone wants a copy of the full skating special on DVD, please PM me. I set my DVR to tape it and it worked. :)

ETA here is the Unicef link. He is up to 54%!

http://inside.unicefusa.org/site/PageNavig...port_Clay_Aiken

ETAA

Clay is just standing out there with his naked voice, balls proud, singing his heart out without a safety net.

Thread title? :)

I really don't get all the angst over the skating special. I smiled - a whole lot & involuntarily - so it must have been good for me! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I giggled about the rear-views with the mic pack giving his rump a little more ump! I can't wait until I can get home from work (isn't it 5:30 somewhere???) and see the Sasha & Clay footage. I woulda told him he was "so cute", too.....

Sending positive thoughts your way, JJ.

Muski, I thought your story about your mom yesterday was very sweet. You weren't mean and you didn't just tell her and drop her off - you were kind and you helped her out. :thbighug-1:

I'm still on a high from the final concert and had no clue there was so much anger about the meet and greets and readers and what not. We had perfectly logical conversations about the whole thing and really, what's to be angry about. Clay bit off a bit more than he expected to chew. It's not worth a caning. Especially when there is so much to treasure from that tour.

ITA. And glad to hear your mom is out of the hospital, Couchie.

I've come to the conclusion that some people just refuse to be happy. Every compliment has a 'but' or an 'if only'. It's like pure enjoyment is somehow wrong. Whatever. And all this is with a tour just ended, a wave of Spam and Unicef publicity, and a two hour long network tv appearance on hand. Imagine how much fun it will be after a 4-5 month drought.

Couchie, I admire and respect your ability to see this stuff as people's 'right'. You are a bigger person than me.

I can't find this behind the scene footage you guys are talking about. Do you mean the stuff on OFC? Cuz I don't see it in the vault under Capital One.

My only "If Only" is "if only I had time to watch the whole thing"! The last few days have been really hectic and the atmosphere wasn't quite right to sit down and enjoy it. I will soon tho.

I tend to agree that we don't need the piles and piles of crap the naysayers always start spewing after any event. And at present I am talking thru my hat (and I don't even have one!) because I haven't seen all of the show, only about 10 mins of it. I am d/l'ing the backstage stuff now - can't wait to see it!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

&

:hugs-1: to ALL! (specially couchie and CG)

and WELCOME to skybar!! :balloons:

I think the frequent posters set the themes for a board, but they do not represent the whole. I tend not to post whore anywhere but here - bad habit from when there we like 5 of us posting.

Anyway, I was thinking of all the great things we got from Clay this year -

We started the year with the great AIW high from the end of the year before - not enough available, but pretty much everyone on-line got one anyway, just not the NJUs.

Then at the end of January there were questions to ask Clay at Yahoo, when he was the celebrity UNICEF ambassador of the day

After that we had the Kimmel Valentine song, then later in the month Clay got a mention in the idols gone wild video by Kimmel with an exposed Clay at the end

In March, the tour was announced and we had the BAF Gala where we got Clay sticking his toungue thourgh his ring and other cute clack.

April brought ticketmaster tango for the summer tour! And Clay was in Afghanistan then came back for some interviews focusing on the trip!

May brought more ticketmaster and Clay giving an interview about Afghanistan on Kimmel while sitting on a horse talking about killing Oasama Bin Laden and selling lots of albums because, of course, they are connected - what a treat! We also learned that he appeared representing the state of California with the governator in Canada. It makes you wonder how much stuff does he do that we never hear about.

June was quiet, just some more ticket sales.

July shot off with a bang of concerts and fireworks all in one.

August brought the end of the summer concerts, but started off the ticket sales for Christmas!

September brought us AI rewind and the joy of Clay's naration and I believe the filming of Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader.

October brought some photo ops with Clay at Jenna Bush's UNICEF party, and then off to sing for Sedaka.

November brought the TV edition of AYSTAFG and an hour of Clay, filming of the Holiday one Skate show in LA and clack! and the start of the winter concerts.

December was the ending of the concerts, the skate show on TV and Clay off to mexico and UNICEF again this year.

We were truely blessed with a plethora of Clay this year, I hope everyone realizes what an exceptional year we had and will not have again for some time. There is so much to review during the quieter Spamalot times. Clay allowed so much Clack and it should keep us warm when we can't see him otehr times. I do not download everything at once. I am still downloading some older clack to watch when I have time and miss Clay.

Does he always look perfect (not that I am one to speak), no, but he looks pretty darn good most of the time. Does he sing every nte perfectly, no, but he does more than any other singer I have heard that does not lip sync. Tome,what matters isthat we have these wonderful memories and that most of them are documented.

heh, Idols gone wild

th_070227_Kimmel_IdolsGoneWild.jpg

And to really post whore!!!

I was reading random blogs and found this from a Scottish guy living in Brazil.

Echoes Across Time

Photo: Clay Aiken.

We had a nice Christmas at my sister-in-law’s house. Just the five of us listening to some CDs and talking away. Then after our dinner we all went to bed early. On the way to her house, I heard a song on the car radio that captivated me? Mary Did You Know? It was a haunting rendition of a song that has been done many times since it was written in 1984. This voice was dark and mysterious, something like Alison Moyet in her prime. I searched through different versions of the song and discovered it was actually sung by a man called Clay Aiken. What a haunting voice and a delight to listen to! He was a finalist on American Idol in 2003. As I don’t watch these TV shows, I really missed out on something there.

I love random mentions about The Voice. Thanks for posting that blog entry, Play.

Your previous post was good too - yes, 2007 was a great year. I still need to download some Clack from my summer concerts. Good times, good times...

yep, it was a great 2007. Thanks for reminding me Play, not that I needed it.

My favorite things?

all of the press for the last UNICEF trip and raising money and the Kevin Bacon thing

Sitting in the audience and waving my sign at Fifth Grader

loved the gala auction clack

DCAT tour - hearing Clay sing those ATDW songs in person..hee loved the tour even though he didn't sing my top 3 favorites from the album LOL. Only Clay.

Listening to KAndre tell stories on a hot hot HOT day at a Pala winery and just the fellowship of friends including Ansa who I finally got to meet in person after years of chatting online on a daily basis.

Morticia heee

Vegas skate show..I was up 48 straight hours but it was so worth it.

Duh, how could I forget Cith... cold weather and all..loved every second of the show and the traveling buddies and meeting still more FCAers for the first time.

The Spamalot announcement.

loved how FCA grew in 2006 and 2007, minor growing pains and all. And I truly loved meeting so many of you at DCAT, CITH, and in Vegas...and even those that dropped around these parts in the Bay Area (waves to Cha Cha)... I loved putting so many faces to names. I loved meeting brand new people after being in the fandom since "Take." I feel refreshed, like my fandom was saved..not my being a fan of Clay ...but my fandom. Big difference. I love the silly, the smutty, the deep, the witty...I love it all. Thank you all.

Blonde Clay, Brunette Clay, Redhead Clay and just plain old singing Clay, my favorite of all. I saw him 8 times this year, 9 if you count Vegas. Every single time was a treat.

Clay friends becoming just "friends."

Now I need to go work on my eHP expose LOL. Just kidding. You know what I discovered about the eHP this trip. They are funny, and generous, and rambuctious, and hysterical, and teases and they just love Clay and each other and want to have fun. Oh and Scarlett is in charge. heee.

Anybody want to play a little game? I just thought it would be fun to talk about some of our Clay Favorites

1. What is your favorite Clay recorded song?

2. What is your favorite Clay live performance?

3. What is your favorite Clay tour?

My Answers:

1. This was hard, I'm going to say MGUCL

2. WDC from the IT and it wasn't because of the dancing for me, I just loved hearing him wail on that song

3. Jukebox tour

WHAT??? scarlett's in charge of eHP!!! that is the biggest revelation of all!!! I always thought it was Kandre...silly me...

oh my...so much to be thankful for this year...and yes finally getting to go on a Claytrip...seeing 4 shows in 4 different cities...getting to really KNOW couchie and CG, muski, Jenna and YSRN...and meeting some more FCAers. I too am so thankful that y'all joined us in our little board...If I didn't have this place to go too...I probably will be out of the on line fandom right now...so thanks to y'all

with Clay...I really loved how he revealed more of himself this year...by blogs, by M&G's.

Next year...I bet will be another whirlwind. Spamalot and a new CD!!! can't wait

Anybody want to play a little game? I just thought it would be fun to talk about some of our Clay Favorites

Favorite Clay recording - Broken Wings

Favorite Live Performance - Good News JNT04 El Cajon

Favorite Clay Tour - JBT - 3 hours plus of music and personality

This year has just been such an amazing one. I don't know how I would pick my favourite thing. Definitely the Raleigh BAF gala is right up there though, that was something I never thought I'd attend, and then to have Clay do the live auction the way he did was mind blowing. The summer tour was so much fun and I had extra vacation time so I was able to do two extended road trips. Going to Las Vegas was another thing I never thought I would do, and it was much more fun that even I anticipated it could be. And then of course the two wonderful CITH shows I got to attend. On top of all that, the friends I have made through the fandom are such a huge part of everything, too. It wouldn't be half as much fun without them.

OK atinal, I'll play, but I bet my answers would be different tomorrow, or even in an hour. It's just so hard to choose!

I lied. I can't pick. It's a toss up between MOAM and Invisible and Right Here Waiting and Without You. I think. And LAA and IYDKMBN. And I Know How the River Feels and I'm Not Supposed to Love You Anymore. :imgtongue: MaryDidYouKnowOhHolyNightAllIsWellWhatAreYouDoingNewYearsEve. Hee, that's all one song.

Invisible OMG-what-is-that-move? The joyous versions of Perfect Day on the IT. The driving move from When the Streets Have No Name on the NAT. The Elvis medley from the JBT. The Classics from the DCAT. The special rendition of Listen from Sterling Heights. Good News. The Jazzy Medley.

The last one. The next one. All of them. I suck at this game. :cryingwlaughter:

My Answers:

1. This was hard, I'm going to say MGUCL

2. WDC from the IT and it wasn't because of the dancing for me, I just loved hearing him wail on that song

3. Jukebox tour

this is hard but fun...

recorded song....LAA...no contest, next is MDYK

Favorite live performance? Very hard to say...but maybe I will choose performances that were not expected...so I say Listen duet with Qiuana...but I love so many it really is hard to choose

favorite tour...I guess JBT too