American Idol 7

Ansamcw

David A sucked the worst today. Why not just pimp him up a little Randy?

Boy, I have to agree with you! What do they see in him? Next worst was Brooke IMO. Why did Simon say Syesha was in trouble? I often wonder if there is something wrong with the sound on my TV. :wacko:

David A sucked the worst today. Why not just pimp him up a little Randy?

I know...his style is always the same!!! Actually what they always accused Clay of...singing ballad, sounding the same and theatrical...is what David archulleta is but he does not have clay's really beautiful tone and purity of voice.

I am seeing the manipulations tonight. I think they are trying to get Jason out of the running for top 3 cos he is getting dangerous for their Davids finals.

Simon knows that Sayesha is in trouble cos he knows she probably has the smallest fanbase of the top 5.

Overall:

David C was the best

I really like Jason next cos these songs are really good for his voice and style

Brooke...I really liked her second song and found the first fun

Sayesha...she was better on the second song but it was boring

David C...OMG...he was pitchy his voice was strained...and he made the two songs sound the same...his style is sooo predictable...blech

I think Sayesha is gone...with brooke in bottom with her.

I think the Jason fans are just goign to vote so much more

I didn't hear randy say anything about Clay - he should never say anything about Clay again, idiot - what poor covering up for Paula, They should have sut her down the minutes the words started, not after she talked for 5 minutes. And then trying to pass off the negative Jason comments as good Cook comments? W???

I just caught the end of something and it sounded like he said something about Clay on Broadway. I must have misheard.

Oh he was just talking about Sayesha being great on Broadway...I don't think Clay was in it at all...

I was just checking TWOP forum to se how another board is reacting to tonights show and I saw this...

What annoyed me most about Archuleta's pandering on "America," was the idea of only singing the chorus. Because without the leadup, the whole "immigrants coming to live the dream" thing gets lost. Like, who's coming to America, David? Terrorists? The Beckhams? New shipments of the Nintendo Wii? It's just really dumb out of context

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

OMG - I laughed so hard I woke my cats up when Pauler totally blew it! What was she doing, napping? And I agree - it was a terrible cover up. Even Simon was trying to help her out. And what she attributed to her critique of David Cook didn't make sense. Heee. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

David A. still gives me the squicks. And I quite frankly loved that Simon called him on the choice of that song!!!! I don't really think Simon is as enamored of him as the other two. I thought he did a horrible job tonite!!!!

David Cook - awww, I love the guy! I'm always looking forward to his performances.

Jason - honestly, he is such a sweetie and self-deprecating to boot. I think the problem here again is the songwriters they're asking him to sing! That smile though......I have no clue what's going to happen to him but I'm still calling him in the top 3.

Brooke - I think Simon is unnecessarily harsh on her. I always think of Carole King when I watch her!!! Those are the types of songs she should be singing.

Syesha - I actually thought she gave one of the strongest performances and couldn't figure out what Simon was all het up about. The fact that he thought she was worse than the others is kind of surprising to me. I'm not too fond of her overall but I thought she did a very credible job tonite.

I'm guessing Syesha and Brooke in the bottom 2 - with a toss up as to who goes home.

I still want it to be a David Cook Jason Castro final.

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: Too rich. Too rich.

Pauler, Pauler, Pauler...I'm totally mesmerized with this train wreck. Holy crap. What, I wonder, will be all over the news tomorrow, folks? Hmmm?

Hell with Iraq and our plummeting economy! Let's get the spin machine rolling for American Idol! :lmaosmiley-1:

"She's family." That's Seacrest's defense? Mmmmk.

I missed the end - who went home tonight??

"She's family." That's Seacrest's defense? Mmmmk.

I missed the end - who went home tonight??

Brooke...I love her...but I think she is not for this type of competition. Looking forward to whatever she puts out.

I really do believe it will be an all male final 3...but they will try to get Jason out next so that thel davids finale is safe. The only one that can upset that is Jason cos I do believe he has a strong fanbase thats much stronger than Sayesha.

I actually think this was a result of simons dismissal of Sayesha. I bet that was like a flag to her fans...I think their real target was Jason not Brooke, but he has a strong following. I don't think its stronger than the davids...but he probably makes the producers nervous.

I do think that their over pimping of David A is back firing big time. Lots of hostility out in the other boards for this kid.

I have no hostility to the kid, but really - his ruins a song and gets "you're da bomb" Excuse me, I like a little reality in my judging.

I really believe the "judging" or the producers instructions are ruiningthe show. Next year it is suppiosed to be a different show. I have seen a lot of people suggest that the judging be done like the dance show or like other places where the judges have a say, I think that ould be the death knell of AI - with any input, they would skew the people to get who they want - I.e. Seasno 2 would have had Josh, Ruben and Kim Caldwell in the top 3.

Despite Paula's slip up last night...the judge that really gets the WTF from me is Randy. He is the one that never criticize David A. and was jsut over the top in his praise of carly.

Well - that was emotional!

Pauler is "family!" so that allows her to be dumber than a fencepost! Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.............I think they would have been better off not addressing it at all! Sheesh.

Next week ought to be a big week for David Cook and Jason Castro with it being Rock n' Roll. I don't think Little David A. is going to fare too well as a rocker. His almost monotone delivery of balads ain't going to translate well. I hope Jason has a banner night! It could be interesting. I also think whoever posted that Jason has a strong fanbase was right on - he is charming and appealing! And he has killer blue eyes.

But I think Syesha will go next.

I'm still predicting a David Cook/Jason Castro final!!!

Thanks for answering me last night, Ansa! I came back over to say something & when I went to reply, IE kicked me out. I was too tired to mess with rebooting, so I just went to bed.

I've quit trying to reason with anything the 3 stooges say. "Reality" TV at it's finest....

WOW they are really out to get Jason...I have never heard Simon give a more harsher critique since Clay...or that I cared to remember anyway.

I mean I don;t think he was that good...but I think Simon was thinking of the original he says don;t change it that much...and then randy says its karaoke...they are all over the place

David C..hungry like a wolf was totally blech...karaoke and I missed the energy and sexiness of the original...

his second song was pretty good.

Sayesha danced well...but her vocals were generic...

OH BLECH...totally didn't like David A's Stand By Me...again he made it sound like every sogn he does...same riffs ...same glory notes...I thought he was goign to keep it simple...but blech

I really think they are getting nervous about Jason;s popularity and want him out of there before the final three. But they are too harsh on him now...I think it will backfire.

Hee...poor Jason...I guess he probably has given up at this point. Bt even forgetting the words he was totally charming. I would still vote for him if I could.

Sayesha was just too pitchy in that song and I knew Simon was going to praise her...its all so scripted. didn"t bother watching David A...I know he would be praised to high heavens.

Now I just wonder if My instinet are right cos I think Jason's fans would rally to get him to top 3 and Sayesha goes home tomorrow.

I caught Syesha's Change Is Gonna Come, and liked it, also liked Cook's Teenage Wasteland.

Jason sounded nervous and almost quavery, like Brooke.

David A sounded the same on both songs, plus it squicks me out just a teensy bit having either set of lyrics sung by a kid who looks 13 or 14.

I caught Syesha's Change Is Gonna Come, and liked it, also liked Cook's Teenage Wasteland.

Jason sounded nervous and almost quavery, like Brooke.

David A sounded the same on both songs, plus it squicks me out just a teensy bit having either set of lyrics sung by a kid who looks 13 or 14.

I liked how Sayesha started...but her usual problem of losing the glory note and going pitchy really ruined it for me.