American Idol 7

Ansamcw

The problem with David C, he does not have a good low range. He cannot sing softly and that is whats needed for this song.

GAH I wonder how Clay will sound with Music of the Night.

I totally agree with you Play on JC superstar...I hated her smiling face and you don;t have FUN with that song...she does not get this song...this was Judas singing to Christ and mocking him in a way...and I also agree with your analysis on her vocals...that was why her singing sounded more like shouting...no real vibrato there.

what a waste of good material...

I was imagining Clay on "Music of the Night" too! He would KILL on that song!!!!!

But you know what I liked about David C.? He didn't shy away from the genre. DAUGHTRY!!!!! shied away from any genre that didn't appeal to him. If I remember right, even Bo did. At least David C. shows he has some versatility even if he is much better at some genres than others.

I was imagining Clay on "Music of the Night" too! He would KILL on that song!!!!!

But you know what I liked about David C.? He didn't shy away from the genre. DAUGHTRY!!!!! shied away from any genre that didn't appeal to him. If I remember right, even Bo did. At least David C. shows he has some versatility even if he is much better at some genres than others.

Thats a good point. But I thought he would at least try and caress the low parts and listen to ALW and try to be more sensual...just didn;t feel the emotions behind it. I don;t think I was expecting perfect vocals but some connection to the lyrics.

But he did better than Daughtry and Bo on this genre.

Interesting to read everyone's take on tonight's songs. For me?

Sayesha---I liked the song and that she chose something like this. She LOOKS like a Broadway performer and she has the chops (although her high notes seemed to JUST miss sometimes)...I guess my hesitation is that there's nothing really unique about her to me. Sorta like how Tamyra is to me.

Jason When I heard what song he was going to do, I already knew what it would sound like. I like Jason, but I'm waiting for him to show ANY other way of delivering a song. Can he?

Brooke Obviously, she has a large fan base. I've thought she should go home for a few weeks now. And I'm with Pauler... stopping the music? Uh...I do believe that during Vincent Mr. Aiken waited until he found a good place to get back into the song and did so with a GREAT glory note! Brooke seemed terrified and just didn't do it.

David A I've forgotten what he sang.

Carly I wish I could forget what she screamed frenetically misinterpreted sang. I just can't get behind this girl. She has a good voice, but everything is always just so over the top.

David C I thought gave an interesting, surprising performance. He played it straight---just sang the song as it was written---he didn't try to rock it out as he's done pretty much to all the others (usually successfully, by the way). I actually thought he sounded pretty good.

Who should go? either Brooke or Carly.

Who WILL go? Brooke.

And there is our Clay - Yay.

I need a clip of it to rewatch over and over, thank you veryy much.

Followed by Leona.

Why is she singing iwth the country high note crack in the middle? You knowthe yodel sound?

Damn, Syesha performs good and is on the stool, Brook sucks and gets a pass. Will she never leave?

And Jason's fans come through despite the insults pretty much from everyone including ALW.

Carly parfoems and I forget it, Syesha performs, but not as good since the staging is not there.

Could it be that not many not a fans vote anymore and it is all power voting by the fans?

Carly seemed to take it hard at first, but after the video was fine. Ithink Syesha is ready to go home each week since she lives inthe bottom two/three every week.

I was ready for Brooke to go home because I don;t think this competition and this pressure is for her but I knew she had a strong fan base and I was pretty sure she would be safe. I still love her and I am glad she made it cos I still find her entertaining. Simon said it...she was very human last night and tonight and I think that is her appeal

I also knew Jason was going to be safe for the same reason. He definitely has it in him to be in the top 3 and could even be the dark horse to ruin the David final 2. I don;t think the judges were really insulting him.. I think they were clear it just is not his thing...and not being fit for Broadway is not necessarily a bad thing for AI. Actually...may be good cos I bet lots of his fans were not ALW fans anyway.

I was not surprised that Carly and Sayesha were in the bottom 2. At this stage the competition is about who has the bigger fanbase and I don;t think Sayesha and Carly really connected with the audience. I think the fact that Sayesha had such a good performance saved her...and Carly's screaming...not really something the AI audience likes. simon is also right...his compliment is a kiss of death...made her fans complacent. I just don;t think she has that big of a fanbase.

I was actually impressed with Leona...I don;t care that Simon found her...she is very talented and beautiful it was a no brainer.

Carly seem upset while talking to Ryan during Sayesha's song.

I just don't understand the country high note crack. Has that migrated into R&B now?

Personally, Ihave heard too much of her song and really don't like it. But she can sing live and that is always a good thing, currently a rare thing with non-contestant artists, but a good thing.

I just don't understand the country high note crack. Has that migrated into R&B now?

Personally, Ihave heard too much of her song and really don't like it. But she can sing live and that is always a good thing, currently a rare thing with non-contestant artists, but a good thing.

yeah that is very common and I thought Maria used to do that...if we're actually talking about the same thing. I don;t really like her song...but yeah a good live performer. I really do hope they get her better songs. still not interested in getting her CD but I can see the appeal.

Carly seem upset while talking to Ryan during Sayesha's song.

Am I being too pissy if I say that I thought both of them were really being rude talking during Sayesha's song? Oh well...they were being rude.

Well, I predicted Brooke and Carly in the bottom, but was wrong thinking that Brooke would finally pay the piper. I'm getting uncomfortable anymore, watching and listening to her. Nice woman---just.time.to.go.

Leona has a good voice. I was sorta snickering, though, at her posture throughout the song. She seemed pigeontoed! Or knock kneed or something.... :cryingwlaughter: As for the little 'break' in her voice? Very Mariah and Alana Morrisette and whatnot...she is talented, though. Don't even really mind the song, although it is being overplayed on the radio. Wonder how long her single will sell so well...

Regarding Leona Lewis, I think she's good enough to make records, but she's not what Clive was claiming -- she's not on the Diva list just yet. I certainly noticed that the big bucks went down to grease the wheels for her to hit the States with a bang. Yes, her Ryan Tedder-penned single is a big hit on radio, and she was Clive's featured star this spring -- and while her album debuted at #1, I think it sold less than 200,000 the first week, and it fell off to about 90,000 this week. At that rate, they have to view it as a disappointment. Someone who has the album told me that it has only three really good songs on it, one being Bleeding Love, and if that's the case, it may not have long enough legs to recoup the corporate investment. Maybe that had something to do with Clive being ousted the same week. Simon personally thanked Clive Davis tonight for what he did for Leona Lewis.

As for the Results Show nitty-gritty, I expected Brooke to go. I have no comfort level with her at all. This fragility thing she does is on my nerves. Syesha is no prize. She has MAJOR pitch problems that irritate the holy crap out of me. And Carly regularly sings flat and loud and I couldn't take it. Her JCS was better than WY, but the shriekiness factor is HUGE. I'm happy to say goodbye to her.

David C. was the only one who gave a great performance. His voice isn't always superlative and rich in tone, but he hit those notes cold and dead-on, and I was impressed. He surprised me with his versatility, and he does seem to be able to sing just about anything and make something out of it. For now, he wins this competition hands down. FYI: My mother called me last night and said that David Cook was great and his song was the best thing she's heard on American Idol since Clay Aiken. My mother is 85 -- and she's going for David Cook. She doesn't care for the "little David" that much. My sister also likes Cook, but she's going to be so disappointed that she'll have to see Brooke for another week!

I agree..except that I was a bit disappointed with DC. My dream result would be DC wins with Jason runner up but I think it will be David A wins with David C runner up and Jason coming in third. That could possible give them the most marketable top 3 ever. I predict Brooke comes in 4th. I just think she has a bigger fanbase than Sayesha and at this point its about the fanbase.

I think David C is going to win it all. The judges like David A, but I betcha they see more $$$$ in David C. I certainly enjoy him more than DAUGHTRY!!!!! and in my opinion he's MUCH more talented, both vocally and musically. I could see myself buying a David C album because I think he's versatile and if he chooses to mix things up, he can. Just hope his album isn't just one 'rocker dude' song after another.

David A--I have no idea what's gonna happen with that one. Nice voice, but meh. Maybe in about 10 years when he's more mature he'll have more of a unique presence?

Carly---buh bye, and whatever. I can get yelled out just about every afternoon by some 'a little bit off' person on the city bus, so I won't be paying to hear the screaming, thanks.

Brooke really needs to go. I find now that I immediately tense up when it's her turn to perform...or even stand there and talk. If she were MAD talented but just had some stage fright, I'd be more tolerant, but the poor woman is a bundle of nerves and puppy dog eyes and vocal mediocrity and musical missteps and she makes me feel uncomfortable.

Sayesha has some vocal development to get under her belt, but I bet she'll get some musical theater roles and be happy with that, so more power to her!

Jason...ah, Jason, what are we going to do with you, sweetie pie? :lilredani: I bet he's at least in the top three...he has a lot of fans and he's so charismatic, imo--just a laid back dude with dreads and dreamy eyes. Far out. I'd love to have him come out next week and rock out or sing some power ballad or something to test his voice. CAN he really sing with any power? Is the breathy folk singer dude his only card? Tune in next week....heh.

Well - I don't think she deserved to go this soon but I have to say I'm glad Carly is gone!!! I don't really think she made a connection with the audience and, like Kelly Clarkson, when she screams it irritates my ears. Both should ratchet it back a bit and their voices would be more pleasing to me.

David A still gives me the willies. He has the personality of a fencepost. I think he tried out for Idol a few years too soon. Yes he has a beautiful voice but it's one-dimensional. He always strikes me as if he has "battered child syndrome" - fearful and hesitant.

Brooke - I like Brooke but I think she's in way over her head at this point. She probably is still here because people felt sorry for her for the stop and start thing.

Jason - Lord child, what were you thinking? Do some homework before you pick a song! But Simon is right - he is charming. And he's unassuming. You almost get the impression he's sticking around just for the fun of it and doesn't care one way or another.

Syesha - Eh! If it wasn't this week it will be next week or the week after. The writing is on the wall! She'll probably do very well in Community Theatre where she lives.

David C. - Bwaahha - I remember last week when I found out they were doing ALW I hoped no one attempted Music of the Night! Well shut my mouth!!! I thought he did a very credible version and I hate to use Pauler's tagline but "he made it his own!" He also showed us he had some chops other than rocker stuff. I was impressed with his range, quite frankly! I do think he's going to win it all. Here's my guess for the rest of the season.

5. Brooke

4. Syesha

3. David A.

2. Jason

1. David C.

I think the teenyboppers will keep Jason in the running...... but I could be most definitely wrong!!!

I just listened to the studio version of Davids Music of the Night...and it was really good. I also liked Jasons Memory...if you like his style of singing his recorded version is pretty moving. Even Brooks You must Love me is very good. I think that the idea that they should be acting these songs as ALW advised them to do totally intimidated these three so that they were not able to do it as well live as they did on recording.

So far - Jason's song sounded good and I thinkhe is a limited vocalist, but ther is something that does not appeal tome about Cook's song

What is it about the judges reveiwing them after both songs, they want to pull the wool over someone's eyes by skimming over a first performance?

Brroke, watch a JBT video please, no life in your voice.

Loved the first three performances...Jason really fits this kind of songs...he was a bit soft in his low range but it was still really fun to hear.

I really liked David Cooks song...very contemporary...it sounds like it could go on the radio...

Brooke..she really worked on her performance on this song. The key is a bit low for overall it worked towards the end.

David A...I really don't like his voice...he can sing but the tone is very boring

Sayesha..nice song...but I did hear some pitchy moments...I am really just tired of Diva belting out style...she was boring IMO

First part my order is...

David C

Jason

Brooke

Sayesha

David A

Didn't like Archeletta at all - he was singing a slow song and ghe band was doing a peppy one, out of sync.

Well, well didn't Paula just give the game away with her little comment on reviewing Jason poorly for the second song when he didn't sing yet!

They judges just made all that up, load of crap.

Ah, but watch - now if Jason does well, she will still havethe critique out there.

Well I have to admit...that was a bit weird for Jason..he rushed that song. I thought he was out of sync with the band. I want to hear the studio version of this cos it is a sweet song.

David C...kinda boring song but he is singing it really well...nice little falsetto.

I am really surprised how hard they are being on Jason tonight...I have a feeling they are afraid he is taking over the faves and are trying to get him out early...

Well, look at how they did the judging - let 5 sing first then judge, so people might forget they liked Jason's first song and accept the judges opinion, then schedule his weak song second. Here is where Clay would have shown them and brought it on the weak song so if they insulted it they looked stupid.

Awww I love Brookes performance there...was very sincere...and she didn;t seem as nervous as before.

OMG...he is making the two songs sound the same...very boring. I really am not impressed with this guy and his voice is showing some wear and tear.

He is just soooo cheesy for me.

Randy...you are boring...