#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

A very giddy and cute recap from last night posted by starhorse at CV:

Hey Everyone!!! Ok yeah definitely an Aiken Fog going on after the stage door... It is amazing when your that close the gorgeousness just glares you So I will try and remember as much as I can even though I am still in the Aiken fog.

But ok start from the beginning...

I got there around 7:30 and there were really long lines to get in. A nice mixed crowd a lot of NJU and a lot of guys and young teens etc. I did notice 4 guys in suits walk in a few minutes after the show started. I was wondering who they were but didn't find out who sorry Yeah first row is kind of close but I actually got used to it after a while. I got nice views of Clay. It will be interesting to see the musical when I'm in the mezzanine on Thursday. The programs are in color!!! They are very nice looking. Plus there is a nice article about Clay in the back with a color picture of him as Sir Robin. I will try and "steal" some more on Thursday if anyone wants one. They were just sitting on the railing where standing room is.

But yeah Clay was overall amazing!! His accent is right on point and his singing WOW his voice is in great condition. Yeah he says I don't have that many parts but when he is belting out when he is standing on the piano... that is enough singing to impress anyone! I noticed he was flirting a lot with the girls like all the time. He was giving them mischievous looks and grins and during the Camelot song he shimmied towards one of the girls and said "Come to..." and I didn't catch the end it was probably Come to Daddy. He seemed really comfortable with the cast.

When the sweetest older lady in B101 was picked I was so happy for her! She was shaking with happiness. Patsy came down to help her up and he goes "Ok there are 5 steps.. one.. two.. three.." and even Christopher Sieber came down to help her up the stairs. When Patsy held the statue she motioned to take it and Patsy was like "You're only nominated.. you haven't won yet". Clay seemed really touched by her and he kept smiling. During the Finale Patsy was telling Tom about Rita (the woman who was picked) and then both Patsy and Tom waved at her and Tom went "good job!" Even though I wasn't picked I was so happy for Rita she so deserved it.

Ok so stage doorness. Well I got out there and there weren't a lot of people at first but after a while there were a good 50+ people surrounding the barricade. Sean came out and people yelled "woohoo sean!" and he smiled and seemed kind of embarrassed. He snuck back in and came out again and we all cheered again. The guy who played Patsy came out first and signed autographs including mine! Then Tom came out closely followed by Clay with Jerome who was wearing all black and a phone ear piece. I actually saw him during intermission back by standing room watching the show. Clay was wearing these GORGEOUS dark jeans that fit his butt really well and his usual black jacket, I totally did not notice what he was wearing underneath it so he could have been wearing nothing for all I know That is what a Clay fog will do to you. His hair was GORGEOUS too blond and tossled and touchable. And the eyeliner was kind of hot too.

But yeah anyway Tom and Clay interaction was hilarious. They seem to be good friends. So Tom comes around first and singing autographs and this woman behind me was like "are you feeling better? were you sick last week?" Tom goes "Actually I was injured I got hurt. I had an incident.." I'm like aaaw an incident. But yeah seems like he was injured somehow Closely following Tom is Clay singing autographs at the speed of light! Seriously he signs them so fast I don't know how he does it. Some people got shirts signed but mostly playbills. The woman next to me hands him an older picture of I'm guessing herself and Clay.

Clay: this is when I was skinny.... Do you know when this was taken? well obviously you do...

The woman: Larry King Live..

Clay: Oh yeah... that's why my hair looks good a professional did it

Oh that self deprecating man. When he said he used to be skinny I was like noooo. haha. Oh I almost forgot another woman before me had a daughter who had a koala from Build a Bear. She goes to Clay "This is Koala Clay" Clay goes "Really?" and then gave the most hilarious look ever like hmmm my fans are crazy I mean excited And then he signs the Build a Bear Birth certificate. So he gets to me and signs my playbill and I am totally in a huge Clay fog. I told him he did a nice job and he winked. Yeah my brain kind of shut down.

Overall all the cast members are amazing!!! I can see why some people might think the Lady of the Lake was over the top but I think she is supposed to be that way. Tom got the 2nd most applause after Clay. I really enjoyed Tom, he did an amazing job! Oh and during the Knights of NEEEE after they gave him the shrubbery he very graciously told us the statistics of the Primaries going on in Texas and Ohio between Clinton and Obama and said that Huckabee is now the Republican nominee.. HAHA I yelled THANK YOU because I was actually really curious. I might add stuff later if I remember. And WOW I didn't realize how much I wrote. Oh and DAMN I forgot my camera. I will remember it on Thursday.

And some pics and video from last night from the CB (so great to see Tom again, I am so hoping he is there next week for my shows!):

Just couldn't resist making a gif from the awesome footage that catsmomsny took at the stage door Tuesday evening: Note-----that is Clay getting ready to autograph Tom (Prince Herbert) LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/ldb...graphTom_sm.gif

I was there tonight, and I took some video from the beginning of the line. I recognized quite a few Claymates among the crowd . Tom was back (yay!), and he came out right before Clay as you can see . They traveled down the line together, and at one point Clay said he was signing people's Playbills with Tom's name

Here's my video: http://www.sendspace.com/file/995nqs

Thank you for the new avatar catsmomsny, ldb51 and luckiest1! Hee.

ETA: Cute recap from Sunday evening's show and two gorgeous pictures:

nancy3133 at CB wrote:

Last night there was a little girl by the stage door with her Mother and my friend noticed her. My friend called her up so we could make room for her between us. She was just beautiful. She was telling us that she LOVED Clay Aiken. She was telling us how Clay had to take his wigs off before he came out and my friend asked her how she knew he had on a wig. She said she saw the big picture in the front of the building. My friend was telling her his hair would be messed up because he had just taken off his wig. She was 9 years old and she was trying to decide what to have signed.. When the door opened and Clay and Jerome came out we said Here comes Clay now get ready. She yelled THAT"S NOT CLAY AIKEN. and she kept saying it over and over When he came over he looked down on her and said HEY How are you and he signed her poster I think it was. and gave her a big Smile. I said to him She said That's not Clay Aiken? and he just put on the biggest smile. She thought he was going to come out with the dark hair. Every time she said something her Mother kept says SHHHH I will tell you later. But she insisted it wasn't Clay Aiken.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/nan...3/1P3030111.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/nan...3/1P3030112.jpg

Good Morning Everyone,

Thanks for all the well wishes yesterday, I am feeling better, not 100%, but not sick enough to justify taking a sick day; especially since I don't get paid for them. So I will just trundle off to work with my cough drops and tea.

4 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

17 Days until Spring and 16 Days until Spicey's trip across the pond!

60 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

62 Days until the New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

THAT'S NOT CLAY AIKEN!!!

Too cute!

Thanks for the recaps and pics!

EEEEEEE !!!!

It's Wednesday! I may have mentioned. I'm going to be taking a little trip to . . .

NU YAWK CITAY!!!

Leavin' ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!

Have tix for Thursday and Friday night!

DH is so sweet - last night he looked at me and said, "A week and a wakeup!" Just grinning! We started out with this being a trip for the two of us but that was going to be so expensive - so this is his gift to me!

I think I'll keep him! :)

Your late night blog update

American Idle

Talking about jason castro

Jason Castro is the kind of singer who doesn’t fit into any one category. He’s not a rocker, he’s not a country singer, he’s not a soul singer and so he’s having trouble finding where he best fits in the competition. He hasn’t blown anyone away with his vocals but he still keeps hanging around. I knew a guy who did that and his name was Clay Aiken. Castro is unlike anyone else in Idol 7 and for that reason that makes him dangerous.

I think Jason is a nice piece of eye candy and I do like him and he doesn't yet fit anywhere...but yeah...Clay's vocals blew everyone away!

Jason's performance last night

Hell, until you posted the YouTube I couldn't remember which one he was - and admit, I'm not seeing the eye candy...and just don't care for him one way or another...

Though I think year the contestants are much more consolidated in their genres, and actually I think Clay was pretty well ruling as "ballad boy" from the getgo.

I think Jason is a nice piece of eye candy and I do like him and he doesn't yet fit anywhere

I like him a lot, but every once in a while when I'm watching him 'Blossom' pops into my mind and I get a giggle. He's prettier, though.

I also like David Cook. He's creative.

And what's all this talk I hear about some School for Managing Clay Aiken's Fineass? :hubbahubba:

what.

treenuts... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

THAT'S NOT CLAY AIKEN!!!

Too cute!

Thanks for the recaps and pics!

EEEEEEE !!!!

It's Wednesday! I may have mentioned. I'm going to be taking a little trip to . . .

NU YAWK CITAY!!!

Leavin' ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!

Have tix for Thursday and Friday night!

DH is so sweet - last night he looked at me and said, "A week and a wakeup!" Just grinning! We started out with this being a trip for the two of us but that was going to be so expensive - so this is his gift to me!

I think I'll keep him! :)

cotton.... he is a keeper! That poor little girl. I hope her mom comes online and finds some pictures so that her daughter can see the progression of Clay and his hair. :cryingwlaughter:

I think Jason is a nice piece of eye candy and I do like him and he doesn't yet fit anywhere

I like him a lot, but every once in a while when I'm watching him 'Blossom' pops into my mind and I get a giggle. He's prettier, though.

I also like David Cook. He's creative.

OMG..Blossom! You are right! LOL Okay....forget my eye candy comment! :whistling-1:

Well...I still think he has pretty eyes.... :P

Hell, until you posted the YouTube I couldn't remember which one he was - and admit, I'm not seeing the eye candy...and just don't care for him one way or another...

Though I think year the contestants are much more consolidated in their genres, and actually I think Clay was pretty well ruling as "ballad boy" from the getgo.

Nigel said as much - Iguess that is why I cracked up when the guy sang Moon River this year - sucker! Clay was a smart ballad boy.

OK, OK, Just one more - enough of the insult humor - this one is so meeeee.

5432.jpg

OK, I am done

While I was sitting in traffic on my way to vote last night, they were talking on the radio about the contestants supposedly singing Beatles songs --- is that next week??? I was more than a little surprised when the first performance was a rather bad version of a Wham! song.... :ninja: I didn't watch, but listened for the rest of the show. Meh. :shrug:

Sorry about no pay for sick days, but glad you're feeling at least a little better, aikim.

We recieved our appointments this morning to go over our "compensation & incentive" worksheets next week. IOW, I'll find out exactly how much of a raise I'll hopefully be getting this year and how big (hopefully not, but likely small) my bonus will be. Wish me luck!!! :fca:

Just running by to say hello.

I've been completely out of commission since the video showing Clay's black underwear and tights.

Just can't get that image out of my mind.

:fca:

I need therapy.

Um, did I miss something?

I don't think you did. I think wanda is talking about the interview with Linda Loveland last week, where Clay "showed off" his underwear and tights. If I'm wrong, I'm sure wanda HAD BETTER LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because if there's a new video clip out there, with Clay wearing said items and showing them off...well, I'm writing off work for the day.

Um, did I miss something?

I don't think you did. I think wanda is talking about the interview with Linda Loveland last week, where Clay "showed off" his underwear and tights. If I'm wrong, I'm sure wanda HAD BETTER LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because if there's a new video clip out there, with Clay wearing said items and showing them off...well, I'm writing off work for the day.

OMG, it is devoutly to be wished!!!

From Beagle3 at the CH:

A friend of mine inquired about the colored Playbill and you can now order it on line if you're not going to the show in March.

Here's the info.....

Quote:

We are going back to press to make the March Spamalot Playbill with the color cover and article about Clay available to his fans. It will go on pre-sale today in this section of the Playbill Store:

http://www.playbillstore.com/playbills.html

The Playbill will ship Friday on the 14th vis USPS. Price is $10 per copy, shipping, handling, and protective packaging are included in the purchase price. PlaybillStore.com does not ship outside the USA.

If you are a member of any Clay fan boards, I would appreciate it if you would pass this info on. Thank you very much!

Bruce Stapleton

Director of Merchandising

Playbill, Inc.

While I will be getting color covered ones at the end of the month, I'm a bit bummed that they didn't have these ready to go in January when I originally ordered a couple. Le sigh.

From Beagle3 at the CH:

A friend of mine inquired about the colored Playbill and you can now order it on line if you're not going to the show in March.

Here's the info.....

Quote:

We are going back to press to make the March Spamalot Playbill with the color cover and article about Clay available to his fans. It will go on pre-sale today in this section of the Playbill Store:

http://www.playbillstore.com/playbills.html

The Playbill will ship Friday on the 14th vis USPS. Price is $10 per copy, shipping, handling, and protective packaging are included in the purchase price. PlaybillStore.com does not ship outside the USA.

If you are a member of any Clay fan boards, I would appreciate it if you would pass this info on. Thank you very much!

Bruce Stapleton

Director of Merchandising

Playbill, Inc.

While I will be getting color covered ones at the end of the month, I'm a bit bummed that they didn't have these ready to go in January when I originally ordered a couple. Le sigh.

thank you for posting this information. I ordered one. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, I just spent a couple of fruitless days and too many hours trying to revive a floundering relationship with another Board. All I got for my effort was an extra 50 points in my blood pressure that I didn't need and a headache from pounding my head against the keyboard.

Can I camp out here, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze???

I wanna talk about 3 favorite pieces of clack (although I reserve the right to count clack that had to be divided up because of size as one piece).

I promise to mend my ways, honest.

How about if I promise not to discuss the finer points of Clay's Spam costume from seat A1??

How about if I pledge not to bring over any NJU stories???

How about if I bring a gift??

261172715_bzs6Q-L.jpg

It features eyelashes and everything.

So can I stay??? Please?? Can I???

Anyone?? Bueller????

Why of course, you can! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Especially if you keep posting pictures like this....

261172715_bzs6Q-L.jpg

Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire...that man is gorgeous.

I wanna talk about 3 favorite pieces of clack (although I reserve the right to count clack that had to be divided up because of size as one piece).

I promise to mend my ways, honest.

How about if I promise not to discuss the finer points of Clay's Spam costume from seat A1??

How about if I pledge not to bring over any NJU stories???

How about if I bring a gift??

261172715_bzs6Q-L.jpg

It features eyelashes and everything.

So can I stay??? Please?? Can I???

Anyone?? Bueller????

You can stay and even bring over NJU stories--we're happy to have you. :F_05BL17blowkiss: