#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

LUCKIEST1, BETTER START SCROLLING

*snip*

OK LUCKIEST1, IT'S SAFE TO COME OUT NOW

Hee, welcome back! Thanks for the warning. *checks ticket numbers for next week, gasps*

ldyjocelyn, I've been saving this one for you, and since you were the first one to answer my plea and invite me to hunker down here, I'm going to post it first. It features both happy Clay and glasses Clay, which I know are your favorites, so I hope you like it. I think he's CUTE!!!

231928981_qRFvE-L.jpg

OK, I'm not ldyjocelyn, but I think that's maybe my favourite of any picture in recent memory!

FromClaygary, that bathing suit post CMSU, it was so true to some of my bathing suit shopping expeditions. Right now I have one that is 4 sizes too big, but I just put a pair of shorts and a t-shirt over it and call it a day. Hee, so much easier!

Wow, so I see I missed some Amazon excitement in the night! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Haven't ordered yet, it's always such a toss up for us Canadians about where to order, etc. Is it on amazon.ca yet?

Hey, if there is really a July/August amphitheatre tour in the works, bring it on! That should give me a bit of time to start a tour fund or something........and I find the outdoor venues generally less expensive than the indoor ones. I hate cold, but I lovesssssssssss heat. I survived Cary JBT and Cary DCAT, I can survive anything!

{{{couchie & mom}}}

I'll be off in a couple of hours to catch my train to NYC!!! Tonight is the first of 4 shows, and I can't wait!!! I'll have my two FCA/Spamalot pins attached securely to my coat, and I'm hoping for some good stage door viewing. :hubbahubba:

(((Hugs)) to all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(((Couchie and Mom))))

Girls' Night on AI:

Skinny-legged, high-waisted jeans? AAACCCKKK!!! JUST SAY NO!!! Even 20-year-olds don't look good in those things. AAAACCCCKKK!!! x 2. :blink:

I think certain contestants are plotting against Ryan, and it is making him suddenly feel very old and out of it. "MmmmmHmmm" - tm Danny N. :whistling-1:

Paula is buzzed out of her mind. Seriously, she's about two weeks away from having a full Britney-style meltdown. :clown_4:

Randy got to name drop both Whitney and Journey last night. I'm sure he was disappointed that he didn't get to mention Mariah. Maybe next week, Dawg.

Simon is so bored he can hardly bother to be civil. :kos: Dude, if you hate it so much, take your your millions and slink on home.

I can't get too enthused about any of the girls, but probably like Brook's style the best.

{{{{{{{{{{{{couchie and mom}}}}}}}}}}}}}

laljeterfan, have a fantastic few days! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Recaps and pictures galore....I don't have time to load the pictures into my photobucket, so make sure you click on the links!

from MLK973 at CH

I just got back from Spam. It was my sixth show. Wow. How can I be so entertained and excited after so many viewings. Clay was wonderful tonight (as always). I haven't been in 3 weeks and I have been reading all the posts about how much more animated he was, how confortable, how much the dancing improved and I thought I am not sure I am seeing the same thing. He was great from the start. Well, I must say I was blown away (again) tonight. He was fab.u.lous. The tights, by the way, look in great repair from where I was sitting on the front row. No problems there.

I kept seeing little bits, thinking I need to remember that and post. Of course now there are so many details I don't remember - except wow he was great, seemed happy and energetic. He bounced at the end as he moved back for the current closing an gave his salute. Nice hip bumps with the girl next to him in the finale.

In the fight scene with the black night the first arm ended up on the screen above the orchestra. With a little effort it got moved by an orchestra member and a fan back to the conductor who offered it up to Patsy to get in in the basket for the "arms" at the end of the scene.

As Prince Herbert went to go down the rope from the castle room the "rope" did not stay. When it was time his father came and "cut" it anyway to continue with the story, even though there was no rope to cut. Things go wrong and they just go with it.

After Brother Maynard ends with sing the hymn "Get Your Hand Off My Knee You Dirty Old Bastard", the knights start to sing that. I don't remember that from my earlier shows. Don't know when they added that (or maybe I missed it). I thought the cadence of the Brother Maynard delivery was a bit difference but was great.

The peasant tonight was from B101 and was a man. Clay got to do his "missed handshake" and it was very cute and got some laughs.

The audience had a number of Clay fans (I recognized a lot of people) and Clay some special applause at some points. The overall reception was great and laughter at lots of places. The orchestra was very full. Mezzanine was full except for the edges and looked like lots of people in the balcony as far as I could see. I had an NJU friend with me and she seemed to enjoy the show, laughed out loud, and seemed to be watching Clay no matter where he was when he was on stage. Honest - I did not tell her to do that. She had fun.

Flyinpenguin was lucky enough to have a lay over. She will probably post in more detail when she gets home tomorrow about the conversation she had with a guy from LA from Idol Extra show who came out to interview Clay tomorrow. He said he knew Clay could sing but was surprised at how much he could dance and act. She will be able to give better context to that since she talked to him for a long time during intermission.

THe stage door was many more people than I have seen at the week day shows. I would estimate 120-150 people. The barriers were longer and people seemed to be 4 deep the whole way. He moved switfly down the line and then thanked everyone and disappeared. I had to catch the train so I couldn't hang around much longer.

from Ms. Marm (CH)

ILClaymate at CV wrote:

Had a great weekend trip to NYC. Spamalot was even better than what I had expected. I was able to see it in the mezzanine on Saturday night and then from the front row on Sunday night. I loved seeing it from both perspectives, but the front row had to be the best! My good friend, Heather, was picked as the peasant on Sunday night. She knew very little about that part of the show so it was fun to watch her expression!

Here are a few stage door pics I got over the weekend. You can see the rest HERE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ILC...alot2008009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ILC...alot2008012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ILC...alot2008043.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/ILC...alot2008046.jpg

more from Ms. Marm (CH):

tiggy52winkle at CB wrote:

Got a phone call from claylily and she had Clay say "Hi, Judy!" to me on her cell phone!!!! EEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I had asked her to do that this morning since I couldn't go today. She said he raised his eyebrows and got this cute look on his face. I'm in heaven!!! Okay, on to the details....he was wearing a new blue Carolina hoodie that a friend of ours from NC gave him (if you remember he ruined the other one recently when he dropped the Sharpie down the front of it). She was there tonight and I know she is in heaven, too!!! Good job, gal! He had on jeans that looked verrrrrrrrrrrrryyyy good and fit him well and Puma sneakers that looked like they were rust and grey to her.

scrpkym at CV wrote:

butterflyshine at CV wrote:

so i am on the way home from most excellent performance. Clay is simply amazing,he gets better each time (my 4th for those who are counting.

the first guard scene is funny,Clay has the blase,i couldn't care less who you are down to science. he is much more interested in discussing tne swallows and the coconuts. The twirling of his helmet strap really imparts, his overall blaseness,

Tom's not dead Fred is so hysterical.

Chris first scene is so hysterical,as his transformation as Sir Galahad, so very Dudley Doright.

Clay got very nice applause during idol of the ages,as well,as a big laugh.

his interaction with the dancers is hysterical. He did shoulder shimmy with one, and had the other rubbing up and down on him.

I love how he acts out the seasons wiping his brow and shivering.

his slo mo horse is just gah.

I love that when he sings with other knignts you can distinguish his voice from the others.

Clay has perfected the art of soiling his pants, not to over the top, but just right.

Cow diificulties,it got stuck on the parpet and had to be pushed over.

Knights of Ni did a take on the Hilary 3:00 am call it was too funny...even said this ad has bee approved...

Black knights arm landed in the audience....

more later, train pulling in.....this recap may travel.

Ok home now....

Clay's solo...omg...it was excellent...he really has it down pat, and he did the full tunic flip tonight and the sexy turn around n the piano...Clay is so much more comfortable with the dance then he was before...he got huge applause at the end...

The drunken guard scene...Chris plays this for all it is worth...a couple of times he is so exasperated that he starts and stops and starts and stops...it is hysterical...Clay is so at ease in this scene it's hysterical how well he plays off of Chris' character...

During the Prince Herbert scene Tom's performance was so spot on and dare i say "mincing" that Lancelot had to take a rather lengthy pause to control his laughter before he could introduce himself

I forgot to add that Clay tied up his horse and gave him a nice pat tonight at the French Castle...

The peasant tonight was an older gentleman named Wayne, and he couldn't have been cuter, he seemed utterly delighted to be on stage.

Clay had lots of energy tonight and was on fire vocally.

My overall impression is that Clay has really settled into the role and he now can give a more nuanced performance. He is a joy to watch.

I love this cast, it is truly an ensemble in the truest sense of the word....

Stage door:

Clay was out in no time at all...I was standing in the vicinity of Claylily, so i heard him say hi Judy....

He looked awesome, and i have photos which i will post momentarily...

this recap may travel....

butterflyshine wrote:

AustenFan at CB wrote

The audience was wonderful tonight. They roared with laughter the whole time. The guard scene was especially amazing. They're going to need paramedics standing by from the people choked up with laughter. And we got a full view, no holds barred raising of the tunic. Got a nice audience reaction at that too. Well what's not to like? Guess they were impressed. Clay's ahem - piano playing is quite awesome. They really did crack up at all the little moves he threw in preparation from his concerto....of Chopsticks...They roared at that.

Brother Maynard is getting more and more laughs. Clay is adding new inflections to the 'numbers' part and getting laughs at almost every phrase. By the time he 'skips a bit' the audience is primed to break up with laughter....And that energized the following scene with Herbert as well. The good vibe just flows....

A large part of the audience stood up when Clay took his bow. And the entire audience stood up at the end. The guys next to me were hooting and hollering just as loud as anyone. Cute moment at the curtain call sing along....Clay put his hands by the side of his lips to mime 'smile'. It was very sweet.

The older guy who got called up on stage as a peasant went to the stage door afterwards. He was with his wife who said she got the tickets by accident and had no idea about the 'peasant' thing when she got them. She found out before the show but didn't tell her husband who was totally surprised at being invited on stage. Nice moment.

And for a week night there was a huge crowd at the stage door. Four rows deep at least. I couldn't get close to the front. I don't move quickly for a New Yorker. Thank goo'ness for optical zoom on digital cameras. It's getting tougher to get tickets as well. Early on you could get decent discount tickets but now - not so easy. Word is spreading via reviews, PR and word of mouth. And buses. I see Clam buses everywhere. Near home. Near work. By the grocery store. I'm thinking of buying one item in the morning and one in the evening every day - just to see the Clam bus drive past the supermarket. He looks good coming and going.

So are you knee deep into baseball yet Jamar.

Yes! And College Basketball! Such a bitch to have to play in the best conference in the country year after year. But they got grit and heart and a never say die attitude and I can't turn away. Oh and I found a message board this year. Cuz that's what I need.

:cryingwlaughter:

Not only that but DD comes home from work and actually wants to talk .... and do stuff. Huh?

So I don't mean to be absent ... just been rushing through life these days.

---

I'll wait to purchase my CD.

{{{{Couchie and Couchie's Mom}}}} :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Perma, you are so very very welcome here, always, with your stories, pictures, opinions, pictures, and then the pictures, of course. And furthermore, we love your pictures.

CG, love the Emma Lazarus! Maybe that should be the official poem of the FCA. Do we have an official song (non-Clay)? I nominate ....

Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have

Kicked you around some

Tell me why you wanna lay there,

Reveling in your abandon

Honey, it don't make no difference to me

Everybody has to fight to be free

But you don't have to live like a refugee

No you don't have to live like a refugee

I can relate to that one. Regarding this "mean" board thing, I've seen that referenced here a few times and don't know the origin, but that just floors me. I had to stop sampling other boards because I'd be shuddering at the hand to hand combat going on. I think this is the Tolerant Board (except for KAndre who will not tolerate boring crap, including this post, and merrieeee who will not tolerate the Snowflake pictures.)

Liney and Perma, the initiation rites as I know them include glitter, glue guns, slip knots, and Cheez Doodles. :whistling-1:

Good Morning Everyone,

Not so good this morning, the cold has progressed to the coughing stage, so I am definately taking a sick day today...I never take sick days...I always feel guilty when I take a day off of work but I really don't think they want me there coughing all over the place.

Yay! for the CD being on Amazon for pre-order and Yay! for the rankings...we are good! I will wait until the morning of May 6 and get my butt over to Wal-Mart ASAP...maybe buy one from Amazon later on.

3 Days until Daylight Savings Time!

16 Days until Spring!

59 Days until the Closing Night of Spamalot!

61 Days until The New CD!

Everyone have a great day!

I just had a very brief chat with Ansa. She and the girls made it to the Philippines safe and sound, but she was suffering from major jet lag. She will be checking in periodically, hopefully getting a stable wireless connection set up.

Hey! There are some birthdays today! soulsistah4Clay, may you have a fantastic day! And then there is one of the "silent" members of the eHP -- PerusingOne! Happy birthday!!!!!!

Man, some of those stage door pictures of Clay are very nice! The blond hair right now looks VERY soft, and that makes him look really, really good. *sigh*

aikim, sorry you are sick, and missing work. *hands out chicken soup*

merrieeee, I have no idea what picture you are talking about. Maybe someone could post a copy of it to refresh my memory?

*ducks*

231928981_qRFvE-L.jpg

There's another pic taken at the same time as this one ... that's my favorite.

Hey, I thought I saw a special thread for good sites to share. Am I dreaming? Cos I can't find it now!

I was recently given this site, for a clock with several time zones to sit on your Desktop. Not only that, you can add notes and set the alarm to remind you it's time to go to bed.... haha!

Those of you who have friends and rellies who live in different time zones will love it.

http://www.qlock.com/

Oh, the Glock rawks!

weeps a little for the chestnut locks of glory, because the blond really just isn't floating my boat...

I'm ordering my CD when I can actually get it - to hell with anticipation! And yes, I will be wandering around some Wal-Mart at midnight (along with the rest of the eHP because we have sort heard of delayed gratification, just don't really see the point)....

Oh, the Glock rawks!

weeps a little for the chestnut locks of glory, because the blond really just isn't floating my boat...

KAndre It's Qlock with a Q .... (go to Glock.com and you won't ever make THAT typo again!!....... :o :o )

I don't like the blond hair either. Dark hair realllly suits him.

Man! Y'all talked - like LOTS since I went to bed! I'm still not caught up!

This . . .

IMG_0143_filtered.jpg kinda stopped me!

Holy GAH! I wish we'd see him like this is in next interview and not the overproduct'd sprayed within an inch of its life fixed do. His hair looks so lush, soft, grabbable and delish. Blowin' in the wind supple.

That's what I'd like to see for the album cover. Picture the blue shirt, long coat on the rocks shot with this hair and the new knowing look in his eyes!

With ocean waves hitting the rock behind him sending sprays of water out like a fan reflecting the sun like little diamonds.

:hubbahubba:

Couchie and Mom - I haven't viewed New Posts yet, but I will!

Girls' Night on AI:

Skinny-legged, high-waisted jeans? AAACCCKKK!!! JUST SAY NO!!! Even 20-year-olds don't look good in those things. AAAACCCCKKK!!! x 2. :blink:

I think certain contestants are plotting against Ryan, and it is making him suddenly feel very old and out of it. "MmmmmHmmm" - tm Danny N. :whistling-1:

Paula is buzzed out of her mind. Seriously, she's about two weeks away from having a full Britney-style meltdown. :clown_4:

Randy got to name drop both Whitney and Journey last night. I'm sure he was disappointed that he didn't get to mention Mariah. Maybe next week, Dawg.

Simon is so bored he can hardly bother to be civil. :kos: Dude, if you hate it so much, take your your millions and slink on home.

I can't get too enthused about any of the girls, but probably like Brook's style the best.

I'm not watching. But DH is! Go figure. I blame it on the writer's strike.

So - I'm seeing some of the show peripherally. I like Brook, too. There's something sort of Carly Simon/Joni Mitchell/shit - James Taylor's wife (senior moment) about her. There was a lot of "pitchiness" that the 0trio didn't mention last night!

And - Pauler? Call the men in white coats! She can't put a complete sentence together! Can she? I mean - did I miss it?

And there were only two guys I kind of liked. I love Jason! He seems like he has potential to grow and he's so REAL! And I kind of like that one guy who has a sort of rocker thing, but I can't stand his hair! Forget his name.

DH said - and he said, "You can tell that to the girls!" :cryingwlaughter:

I'm paraphrasing - "One thing about Clay - he never hit a sour note. He was always on. These guys, there are a couple I like and I like their songs. But they keep saying like these are the best ever. Nope. Non of them is as good as Clay."

hee

I don't believe that Clay was perfect. I remember a time or two when I held my breath. But you could always tell he had done the work. And he had IT.

I just don't see IT in any of these.

And that young guy with the hair hanging in his eyes and the attitude? I'd be happy to never see him again. He seems to think he's all that.

He's not. IMO

One week from tonight I SEE CLAY AIKEN IN SPAMalot!!! :lipstick:

FromClaygary! :lmaosmiley-1: Bathing suit . . . :cryingwlaughter:

Except for the fact that I have to go do this. :cry4:

In my case it's not a weight issue.

It's that all my bits have rearranged themselves. I hatessesss gravity!

And - I have some extra skin. I could cover two arms with the skin under my arms. Anybody need some???

Ack!

does the qlock slap you across the face and make you take your medicine? Cuz otherwise I don't need it. ha! At least I have it worked out during the day because I have an outlook reminder and it's freaking annoying..especially when I keep putting it on snooze.

I must say I like those pictures from last night.

Yesssss....dark haired Clay is like, TOTALLY, hot.

Hot, hot, hot.

Blond Clay just looks so washed out to moi.

Two months. I gotta wait two WHOLE months for a new CD. Maaaaaan, that's so unfair! <totally unreasonable desires ahead> Clay's probably already heard it! Why does he get to hear it first??!?! Clay always gets the good stuff first! I bet he even got a lip balm and bag before me. WAHHHH! And that fishy Kipper person?!?!? Late to the freakin' fandom and even he gets to hear it before me? Who the hell does he think he is? He needs to make this up to me....hmmm. Is he rich? Could he buy us a tour bus maybe? We'll tell him we will forgive his extreme selfishness for bribes...

Kill me now!

143a1_filtered.jpg

These are screencaps from a video that's supposed to be at the CB. That dust you see is the trail of my slippers as I dashed on over there to find it.

He is soooooooooooooo niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice loooooooooookiiiiiiiiing !!!! :hubbahubba:

I pre-ordered this morning, I am so excited with the little snippets we got !!! Can't wait !!! :nanas::nanas::nanas:

Whoa mama! Some meaty reading this morning on FCA!

And for a week night there was a huge crowd at the stage door. Four rows deep at least. I couldn't get close to the front. I don't move quickly for a New Yorker. Thank goo'ness for optical zoom on digital cameras. It's getting tougher to get tickets as well. Early on you could get decent discount tickets but now - not so easy. Word is spreading via reviews, PR and word of mouth. And buses. I see Clam buses everywhere. Near home. Near work. By the grocery store. I'm thinking of buying one item in the morning and one in the evening every day - just to see the Clam bus drive past the supermarket. He looks good coming and going

The bolded parts here caught my attention---for different reasons, of course. The ticket business concerns my selfish parts that hope for good discount tix later. The last sentence concerns some other parts of mine. You know, when I lived in Japan I learned that what we refer to as "coming" translates as "going" in the Japanese language. "

Iku! Iku!....heh. (the verb 'to go' in Japanese)

I'll never forget my hubby and I staying overnight at a friend's place one night after an evening of drinking and dancing and merrymaking. He let us have his bedroom while he and his girlfriend slept on futons on the floor of the room next to us---a room, mind you, that was separated only by shoji--the traditional paper sliding doors. Of course, every single sound traveled. And my friend seemed to be on fire that night as echoes of a high pitched, "Iku! Iku!" rang for hours. :cryingwlaughter:

But I digress.

Couchie, I'm off to read all about your day yesterday. Hope today is better. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I prefer the darker hair because I agree that it suits his coloring more than the blond. But more than the color of his hair, my issues are with the styling ... and I do not care for the hair straight back off his forehead. LONG DARK BANGS FOREVER!!!! They are slurpworthy. Think September 2006: GMA, Kimmel, LKL, The View just kill me ... and then there was Martha ... and last year's GALA!!!! ... even the Sedaka Tribute ... THAT WAS SCORCHING!

My preference is to see Clay back in black with longish dark hair in his face.

TheEyesPicture.jpg

060927B.jpg

MS61.jpg

View2.jpg

thetonightshow17highres.jpg

idol_clay.jpg

Gala3.jpg

I think I'm flashing back to 2006 because I listened to Without You coming into town this morning, and I had to listen again, and then again and louder each time. What a fantastic and memorable turn he gives it. I liked the drama of the song when Nilsson did it lo those many moons again, but grew tired of it quickly because it plodded and was depressing. I missed the Mariah version altogether and when I did listen to it in 2006 I found it to be so full of runs that the melody was completely lost in the hoopdedoo. Clay version was perfect. The voice emotional and pleading and urgent and incredibly strong and beautiful, and the drums gave it movement and passion. I love that song. I do believe that at some point in time it will be resurrected by AC. It's just too good to go unheard and unheralded.

broadway .com Interview with Hannah Waddington

Snippets

A self-described “complete geek” about all things Monty Python, Waddingham was taken aback during rehearsals for the London production when Eric Idle pulled her aside to help revise “The Diva's Lament,” her big Act Two number. “There's a line about the Tony Awards that doesn't mean anything in England, and he said, ‘We need to change this a little.' I thought, ‘Oh my god, I'm rewriting lines with Eric Idle!'" Adding to her excitement was appearing opposite Tim Curry as King Arthur. “He and Carol Burnett and Bernadette Peters singing ‘Easy Street' in the film Annie was the reason I wanted to do song and dance,” she says now. “It was unbelievable to work with him.”<snip>

Broadway, Here I Come: At last year's Olivier Awards ceremony, the Spamalot producers asked Waddingham if she'd be interested in appearing in the Broadway production. She was a step ahead of them: “When I took the role in London, I thought, ‘If anything is going to get me to Broadway, it's this, if I do it right.' Broadway is musical theater mecca; it's what I've worked toward all my life.” By the time Waddingham's visa came through, her debut was set to coincide with Clay Aiken's as Sir Robin. “He's a triumph in the show,” she says of the American Idol runner-up. “His accent is flawless and his voice is beautiful. In fact, I said to him, ‘You must get this all the time, but I'm your colleague now, so can I have one of your CDs please?'” As for herself, “Coming out of that floor [as the Lady of the Lake] and thinking, ‘I'm on Broadway,' is everything I dreamed it would be.”

{{{{{couchie and mom}}}}}

[i can relate to that one. Regarding this "mean" board thing, I've seen that referenced here a few times and don't know the origin, but that just floors me. I had to stop sampling other boards because I'd be shuddering at the hand to hand combat going on. I think this is the Tolerant Board (except for KAndre who will not tolerate boring crap, including this post, and merrieeee who will not tolerate the Snowflake pictures.)

keeping... BWAH!!! I'm new enough that I have no idea where the "mean board" came from either.

Liney and Perma, the initiation rites as I know them include glitter, glue guns, slip knots, and Cheez Doodles. :whistling-1:

keeping... I was a Girl Scout leader oncet and used to know slip knots, but I'll need a refreasher on that one... does that disqualify me? :cryingwlaughter:

Hot, hot, hot.

Two months. I gotta wait two WHOLE months for a new CD. Maaaaaan, that's so unfair! <totally unreasonable desires ahead> Clay's probably already heard it! Why does he get to hear it first??!?! Clay always gets the good stuff first! I bet he even got a lip balm and bag before me. WAHHHH! And that fishy Kipper person?!?!? Late to the freakin' fandom and even he gets to hear it before me? Who the hell does he think he is? He needs to make this up to me....hmmm. Is he rich? Could he buy us a tour bus maybe? We'll tell him we will forgive his extreme selfishness for bribes...

KAndre... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Dang those guys for thinking they should get to hear it first. :cryingwlaughter: I'd definitely go for the tour bus! (gently placates KAndre in her dillusions)

And, what's up with Hannah... she only asked for his CD???? Maybe it's cause she's British? :cryingwlaughter: I sure like what she said about him, tho! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

broadway .com Interview with Hannah Waddington

Snippets

A self-described “complete geek” about all things Monty Python, Waddingham . . . <snip> By the time Waddingham's visa came through, her debut was set to coincide with Clay Aiken's as Sir Robin. “He's a triumph in the show,” she says of the American Idol runner-up. “His accent is flawless and his voice is beautiful. In fact, I said to him, ‘You must get this all the time, but I'm your colleague now, so can I have one of your CDs please?'” . . .

How cool is that?!!!

Thanks!

Keepingfaith, thanks for posting those sizzling-babe shots of Clay! I loved the way he looked in the LKL interview, even though his hair wasn't dark enough, but at least it wasn't blond!! I like the hair style then.

I just went looking for this YT vid of Clay singing Mandy - to show someone ...... he looks very emotional and in fact someone comments that he looks as if he is crying at one point. Anyone else agree? Whatever the case, over and over again I prefer his version to the original of so many well-known hits.

Hot, hot, hot.

BWAH!! :cryingwlaughter: He has some nerve, doesn't he!

And I like the darker hair better too!

I have a question for anyone with a really good memory. When MOAM was first listed on Amazon for pre-order, how many times did the release date change? Didn't the listed title change too? I remember it being listed for maybe late August and then sometime in September before we finally got the October date. Just wondering how often CDs are listed with release dates that change. Wonder when they decide to start taking pre-orders. Does word have to come from the label? Does it come from the artist? Do fans contact them and tell them they should list it for pre-order to help with his publicity? (Only half kidding. The picture they have is from a fan!)

Also, for those of you who buy multiples of his CDs, why? I am serious. This is a phenomenon I have never understood. I mean its one thing if you buy more than one because you know someone who really wants it (that doesn't mean foisting them upon people who you have kidnapped and are holding hostage!), but how many CDs does one person need? I could see buying multiples if there is a bonus track on one, or even buying one regular CD and downloading the album from iTunes.

But why buy 7 -or 20 - or whatever? I don't get it. It can't help his CD sales that much and if he needs "us" to buy multiples to have good sales figures he is in real trouble.

Please someone try and explain this cultural phenomenon while I go back to work!

I always like to have a few extras on hand. In case someone asks for one (believe me, it happens!) Or in case the one I am using in the car starts skipping. That happens too. I like to have at least one sealed, stored away in my "clack keeper". I like to d/l one from iTunes for my iPod. I dunno. How many is that? I usually do end up buying 7, all in all. Cuz Clay told me to. :)