#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

Clay may not be a dancer...but I do believe he loves to dance. From the AI trained routines to WDC...to dancing with his mom at the Christmas concert.....to the TV themes this past summer....he feels and like to move with the rhythm.

And I like to watch.

And giggle.

And swoon.

And salivate.

And *sigh*......

rohdy... I agree. I like to watch the man do any little thing at all, as a matter of fact!

I have had to log in probably 20 times already today..........grrrrrrrrrr. (And that's not an exaggeration) I wish we could figure out why it happens to some of us. It doesn't happen to me on other boards, but every time I refresh or try to post or edit a post, or even open a PM, it logs me out. :(

luckiest... I had that problem and apparently something needed upgraded, cause when I did some upgrades (did several, so don't know which did the job) everything worked again after quite awhile of not. But, you have a new machine, right, so don't see how that can be the problem.

It only happens at work, but I have a new machine here, too, and they make sure we do all the updates, even if we forget. Most likely it's something on this end, but it frustrates me that it doesn't happen on any other message board I visit.

Drive safe Annabear and let us know you have arrived home safe and sound.

Thanks, rohdy! I made it in an hour & a half, which is good time with snow. Granted, I live only 7 minutes aways when it's not snowing, but off of a main street that is only 2 lanes and should be at least 4 with the amount of traffic, which backs everything else up when it snows - grrrrrr. Only had one scare when I made a left turn and the car just kept turning. :unsure:

Off to take a nap, perchance to dream of a certain CUTE someone..... :flirtysmile3:

EAT: They've now canceled our winter storm warning. It's been replaced with a BLIZZARD warning.... I ask again, IS IT APRIL YET??? :idk:

I wish this place was closer to the Shubert, because I think it would be perfect (CG, are you a vegetarian that avoids dairy too?). I've seen it on the Food Network, and thought that it sounded like a fantastic place to eat!

S'MAC

I wish this place was closer to the Shubert, because I think it would be perfect (CG, are you a vegetarian that avoids dairy too?). I've seen it on the Food Network, and thought that it sounded like a fantastic place to eat!

S'MAC

Yeah. Right. :rolleyes: Like the reason you'd want to go there is NOT that Clay Aiken, mac 'n cheese lover extraordinaire might be there... :cryingwlaughter:(psst! Let's go later this month, ldyj.... :whistling-1: )

Speaking of going to NY......

I know everyone seems to flock to Junior pre and post, but frankly, I wasn't impressed. Now that may be because the only thing I could eat on the menu was the grilled cheese sandwich and there was way too much bread and way too little cheese.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for pre food and post food and definitely drink that is relatively near the Shubert (since it will probably be pouring!)??

That isn't too expensive of course!

If people have suggestions we could put it in the Spam thread, but I didn't want to put the question there where it could get lost if people don't use "View New Posts"! :naughtywag:

There's Carmine's on 44th if you like Italian. Carmine's is probably best for large groups since they serve the entrees family style and three entrees are probably good for at least 8 people. I hear they have a great bar.

http://www.carminesnyc.com/

Eep, annabear, take care. This is sounding more and more like that severe storm we had here, the weekend of the Erie CITH concert (not that I'm bitter, heh). Here's our official Storm Weather Warning as of 3:39 pm EST:

..ANOTHER WINTER WALLOP THREATENS SPRING FORWARD WEEKEND.. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

Thank God we don't leave until Tuesday morning.

Keep those suggestions coming!

Ldyj - I most definitely eat dairy! That mac and cheese place would be great if it weren't so far away from where I'll be!

Cindilu2, I actually ate at John's opening night. It was good.

I have also heard great things about Carmine's but I think it would be better for larger groups (maybe closing night with all the FCAers that will be there?). I think couchie has mentioned it before.

claytonic, I want to thank you for that SantaClay video. Somehow I had missed seeing that one before, and it CMSU. I couldn't believe how many "moves" were there that I recognize from more recent times. Especially the one where he sort of rears back, puts his arms out, extends his fingers and wiggles them at one of the singers. He does that to Quiana and Angela all.the.time!!! So funny to see him doing it there way back then!!

Karen eh, thanks so much for the link to your Sally Rand McNalley blog. I'm really going to enjoy following your adventures as a stranger in a strange land. Keep them coming!!

Ah, restaurants near Times Square. The term that does not compute for me is "cheap". We ate twice at TGIF Friday's while we were there. I wouldn't recommend it. The servers were nice, but it was super slow, the food was AWFUL and cost approximately twice what the same items cost at the Friday's near me here at home.

Believe it or not, they have some good stuff at the Marriott Marquis in the restaurant on their lobby floor (8th) that is not outgrageous for the area. They have a brunch buffet that has a great feature. You can get the whole thing, which includes eggs, omelets, waffles, etc., and carved turkey & prime rib, or you can just get the soups (the best clam chowder and the best mushroom soup I have EVER had) and the salads & cold items (build a sandwich, marinated peel-em shrimp, zillions of salads) for about half the price. A hamburger is about $10, but nicegurrrrl said it was the best she'd ever eaten.

Back in my travelin' days, we used to lay over at the Milford Plaza, so ate at a few places in the area. We all used to love Joe Allen http://www.joeallenrestaurant.com/NY_home.html which is a theater area tradition. This is where Clay and Ruben sang Happy Birthday to someone after they saw Frenchie in "Rent".

A lot of people have gone to Carmine's on 44th and said it was great, although again, it isn't cheap. However, the portions are supposed to be huge, so some sharing might help.

We really enjoyed 44 Southwest, which is also Italian, and a little less expensive. It's very NY, with the tables right up against each other, although it's a nice atmosphere. A reservation is good hear. Food was excellent. Here's their page in MenuPages:

http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails...d=35&home=Y

MenuPages is actually a good way to scope out different spots with menus and prices. They have a whole section just for the West 40s, so check it out.

I do not know about your guys, but I am tired of driving in snow storms. We have had enough snow to be only about 8 inches away from the record. I have had some very hazzard days driving to my job. Does not help I have to drive 50 miles one way. At first last night they were saying we were getting hit again, but now the storm change somewhat and we are just going to get a little bit. I do not work a whole lot of weekends but am working twelve hours tomorrow for someone else. As much as I love skiing, I do not like driving in heavy snow. It can snow on the hills and leave the roads dry as far as I am concerned.

Clay content- Boy is he more gorgeous everyday!

Help!!! I seem to be lost in a very expen$ive blizzard! Instead of going right for the nap, I decided to check out telecharge.com.... before I knew what was happening, I'd purchased another set of Spam tickets.... I wasn't going to do that.... I was going to wait....

All could think of as I opened my confirmation email was this emoticon: :thsign27:

Help!!! I seem to be lost in a very expen$ive blizzard! Instead of going right for the nap, I decided to check out telecharge.com.... before I knew what was happening, I'd purchased another set of Spam tickets.... I wasn't going to do that.... I was going to wait....

All could think of as I opened my confirmation email was this emoticon: :thsign27:

annabear... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Look on the bright side of life.... you're going to see your master again and he's CUTE!!!

S'MAC

Oooooooooooooooooh! A new place of eHP haute cuisine!

EAT: They've now canceled our winter storm warning. It's been replaced with a BLIZZARD warning.... I ask again, IS IT APRIL YET??? :idk:

Yikes! Glad you made it safe, though....

Yeah. Right. :rolleyes: Like the reason you'd want to go there is NOT that Clay Aiken, mac 'n cheese lover extraordinaire might be there... :cryingwlaughter:(psst! Let's go later this month, ldyj.... :whistling-1: )

Oh good Lord, I honestly didn't even make a connection to Clay on that. Swear on a stack of Clay Rolling Stone magazines. Yeah, let's do it! We can cab that, right?

Hee! I just did that the other day myself. Well, heck a row C popped up for me, and I couldn't resist that, could I?

New thread title poll at the top of the page. Please vote!

There's Carmine's on 44th if you like Italian. Carmine's is probably best for large groups since they serve the entrees family style and three entrees are probably good for at least 8 people. I hear they have a great bar.

http://www.carminesnyc.com/

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the other reason I'm going to NYC... in fact I might eat at Carmines more than I see Clay in Spamalot heee.

Me first? Awww gee.

There are so many things - the voice and the funny and the Actor and the humanitarian. The vulnerable boy, and then the world weary man of the Dianne Sawyer interviews (2003 & 2006). I don't think 'favourite' is a word that can really apply, because there are just too many facets to the man. So I am only going to qualify things that are about The Singer for my three 'favs'.

So...2nd and 3rd in no particular order.

AI5 - for just so many reasons. The lemonade, the look, the titanium balls, and the full circle of it all. The shock heard round the world. The moment that eclipsed the winner, the spectacle and The Prince.

Measure of a Man -IT Wilkes Barre (a photo finish tie with TITN from AI2 tour Raleigh). To see Clay awash in the love of his audience, and awed by it. Gets me right here.

(okay cheating with the tie :-P Raleigh TITN)

And my all-time favorite thing, still, four years later... the Rolling Stone photo shoot video. From the giggle that starts it off (which was my AIM sound for about three years), to final strains of BOTW, it just fills me up.

http://clackunlimited.com/clack/Online_Med...er_Photo_Shoot/

you tube:

And honorable mention to the illicit and much maligned TITN 'lost' video. It always has a place in my heart.

if it's on you tube can you provide links.... if it's in the vault, if it's not obvious...can you point the way. if it's in neither place and you can do a send space..thanks! If that sounds hard and you can't do any of it..I'm sure someone will help out.

Warning: Detour Ahead

Not to change the subject......what was the subject? Oops sorry, ADD victim.

I wanted to ask a serious question if I may. No....REALLY.

I'm curious why we have not yet seen the WRAL interviews by Lynda Loveland picked-up by the usual "entertainment news shows". IIRC the last couple of times she did something like this they popped up on several within a week or two. So am I missing something here? Did I miss a piece already aired or perhaps they are waiting to show them closer to the drop date? And if so, then that might be too late to help Spam ticket sales. Anybody? Bueller?

ETA - Tucker Carlson sucks! Must be a slow newsday....grrrrr

I don't recall the prior WRAL pieces getting played on any other shows. These ones at least made AOL and yahoo. I'm sure the entertainment shows will come into play more as the drop date nears.

He's getting lots of NYC publicity for Spam as it is.

I think Spamalot has proven that Clay can be taught to dance.

Yep.

I do not know about your guys, but I am tired of driving in snow storms.

Double yep. I got transferred in Oct. making me a true commuter for the first time in my adult working life. Cue the worst winter weather we've had in 10 years. I'm so ready for spring.

----

ETA....whoops meant to say to couchie ...

Can't wait for bracketology. I'd never find MY team there. :cryingwlaughter:

---

also...I got my fan club package today :wub: