#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

EDITED

I just bought Learning to Sing, from Audible. I was hoping to get the unabridged version but discovered that it is someone else who does the narration for that. Clay does the Abridged one. (I guess I am the only person on this board who didn't know the difference.....!!)

Those were both fun to watch. Don't even remember the hula hoop one. You have some surprising favorites.

Claytonic...hey they drive like that in No Cal when it rains! That was very scary.

I thought I sent this last night. I'm determined to watch every single clip!

Favorite clips? - I have not loaded any out - lazy bum I don't know if they are top, they are just ones I watch a lot.

I always liked that Clip on GMA where Clay was surprised when he got the double platinum award, probably the one clip where he was truly surprised, but before that he looked a bit worried, since it was just after the 20/20 interview aired and they said they had someone to see him. I always feel taht he was afraid it was..... Anyway, Clive Davis came out , a wave of relief went over his face, and then Clive Dacis hugged him and fans were thrilled - they thought that was a great honor - now - well, good thing it does not happen now because people have no fear of being rude.

There is the Tyra clip - I have never seen Clay enjoy a non-Kimmel interview so much. There are layers, I am not sure I have figured it all out yet. He just was happy from the first moment we saw him.

Then there are all the UNICEF videos and slide shows that show Clay as the intelligent, informed person he is. It is hard to pick a favorite fromt here, maybe Afghanistan. I love when he walks out wearing the outfit.

KAndre points at luckiest and laughs and laughs...but notices she learns quickly!

Ahem....

2a) Kyrie from the IT - dear lord, so very many GOOD ones! I'm reviewing them all again for my favorite...through Raleigh may be edging into the lead!

Favorite clips? - I have not loaded any out - lazy bum I don't know if they are top, they are just ones I watch a lot.

I always liked that Clip on GMA where Clay was surprised when he got the double platinum award, probably the one clip where he was truly surprised, but before that he looked a bit worried, since it was just after the 20/20 interview aired and they said they had someone to see him. I always feel taht he was afraid it was..... Anyway, Clive Davis came out , a wave of relief went over his face, and then Clive Dacis hugged him and fans were thrilled - they thought that was a great honor - now - well, good thing it does not happen now because people have no fear of being rude.

There is the Tyra clip - I have never seen Clay enjoy a non-Kimmel interview so much. There are layers, I am not sure I have figured it all out yet. He just was happy from the first moment we saw him.

Then there are all the UNICEF videos and slide shows that show Clay as the intelligent, informed person he is. It is hard to pick a favorite fromt here, maybe Afghanistan. I love when he walks out wearing the outfit.

Playbill

B.C... I'd never heard of Kimmel and I'd never seen Tyra's Show. They both brought out a side to Clay that was a surprise to me. I knew he had a great sense of humour but to see him get up to some of those gags on Kimmel.... well, that was really something! I also loved the way Tyra just ADORED him. I have watched that Tyra interview many times.

Perma, thank you so much for that montage. I had never seen and love how it was put together. It made me a little misty. I think it was the sentiment that Clay you have thanked us over and over. I feel that. I don't need Clay to ever say thank you to me again. I know that he still does it from time to time but sometimes there sentiment that he doesn't thank us enough or he didn't thank us for this thing or that thing. I loved that simple sentiment.... you've thanked us! Enough.

I also laughed at the clip from LTS audio book with Clay saying Faye mandated personal responsibility and now he was even more aware of the power of his words. Anyway, I'm quite schmoopie now. Oh and finally just watching Clay with the Angela, Jacob and Quiana. Who knew what was to come and that Ang and Qui would still be there all these years later.

Looking forward to watching more clack.

ETA: Lucky..loved the air drums clack. Yeah I think the habit of watching Clay no matter what was going on elsewhere on stage was there from the beginning. I must say.. the clack goddesss have really gotten 1000% better over the years but am so grateful for all the early stuff. His career is really well documented.

Oh no! I hope they can fix it for you, claytonic. I believe there are 2 versions, and Clay reads the abridged one.

Yes, playbill you are right, and that makes sense. I didn't understand why they was an abridged version and why ANYONE would want the abridged version but of course NOW I know.

They have replaced the one I got with the abridged version which is only a couple of hours long. It's not 5 hours of Clay but even one hour of Clay is better than 5 hours of someone narrating HIS story!

I just started listening to LTS and it is NOT NOT NOT Clay reading!!!!!!!

I am calling Audible NOW!

claytonic --- you can get the audiobook on itunes for $13.95 - the "abridged" version is read by Clay.

the "unabridged" is read by another guy. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

hope this helps!

eta: according to itunes:

abridged = 2:23:45

unabridged = 4:56:37

Oh no! I hope they can fix it for you, claytonic. I believe there are 2 versions, and Clay reads the abridged one.

Yes, playbill you are right, and that makes sense. I didn't understand why they was an abridged version and why ANYONE would want the abridged version but of course NOW I know.

They have replaced the one I got with the abridged version which is only a couple of hours long. It's not 5 hours of Clay but even one hour of Clay is better than 5 hours of someone narrating HIS story!

This is the version I have; I listened to it on a two hour trip to my mother-in-laws and it was heaven, like he is talking just to you...enjoy!

Kim

I can't get anything done with this little trip down memory lane!!!

I must work.

I must work.

I must work.

I just went out and bought a new outfit for NYC.

I MUST work.

wandacleo reminded me that I need to go SHOPPING at some point to get a new outfit for Spamalot. Gotta look good for boyfriend! (And for some reason, my husband ALWAYS notices that I buy new clothes when I see Clay. Hmmm....)

Those were both fun to watch. Don't even remember the hula hoop one. You have some surprising favorites.

I try to picture "favorites" that no one else even thinks of. In the case of the hula hoop one, I'm sure I have fond memories of it because of the excitement for that day. It was the first time we were going to be hearing songs from the new album on our teevee, and the ClayNation has a whole was just pumped. Then, he did that surprise little commercial, and my heart skipped a beat.

As for the Baltimore Christmas clip -- I just simply love the way he knows a portion of his fandom. He almost takes a "preacher" tone for some of the descriptions, and I found that hysterical. I also think this is a good clip to laugh at ourselves too.

I did love that one too -- one of the few times I think Clay was truly speechless.

I seriously considered saying this as well. That whole interview was so magical. He looked hawt, he was charming, he was funny, he was flirty, and he was smart. Sang good too. Amazing day. I still haven't deleted this off my DVR, after a year and a half.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the people seeing Spamalot today -- laljeterfan, CG and jmh123 (a Spamalot virgin!). I hope all three of you enjoy yourselves like crazy!

ETA: Got my fanclub stuff today! I love the tote bag -- it's really nice!

I am just LOVING this. It's so interesting to see what people are picking, and delightful to relive special Clay moments from several different eras.

couchie, thanks for commenting on the WB MOAM montage. I love that clip. hosaa hasn't done that many montages, but I think her signature line for them says it all...."Montage by hosaa.....for love alone". You can really see the care that went into blending those photos, Clay's audio from LTS and the video itself. When I watched it for the first time, I realized I had never seen the full acoustic set from that particular WB show, and besides gorgeous singing and lovely jumbotron shots, it was amazing to see Clay keep subtly shaking his head in wonder at the audience response, and to see Angela and Quiana keep wiping their eyes through all 4 songs. So, so special.

Hee. I feel like I helped Clay with his sales of his audio reading of LTS!! claytonic, you will really enjoy it. I would listen to it in my car, and many times I would get to my destination and just sit there in the car listening until he got to the end of the story. It felt like he was in the car with me, telling me stories of his life. So cool. My DH and my DD got so intrigued hearing the stories that they each bought their own copies!!

I woke up at about 6:00 this morning thinking "Charlotte IT Kyrie!!!!!!!", but the time I made it here someone else had already thought of that. I wasn't there, but the reports were so much fun. Remember, we had no idea what he might do in a tour of his own at that point, and to have him do something so amazing and dramatic as to come down through the whole arena to the stage was such a surprise. What a showman!! I think we all knew at that point that we were going to be in for many amazing years with Clay.

Ah, Tyra. One of the big trade-offs for dealing with SoCal traffic and the fact that Clay doesn't tour out here that frequently is that we have chances to go to his TV tapings. Tyra's show seemed like such an odd match, but OMG, I wouldn't give up that day for anything!!! We had been out there all ding danged day because they needed extra time for the sound check. Most performers didn't bring actual musicians with them, because they didn't sing live. Once we were inside, we were again there for hours. They taped many, many, many extra segments because the chemistry was so amazing!! More and more and more "suits" came out to watch. Studio personnel kept remarking that this was the best show and interview she had ever done. He was having so much FUN and just got more and more relaxed. She really "got" him. I can't imagine what it cost in overtime to keep the entire crew there so long. You could hear a massive "Oh noooooooooooooooooooooo" from every SoCal Clay fan when we heard she was moving her show to NY. Bring on the clips!!!

OK. I'm finally ready to pick my first favorite. Hedging my bets for later just in case:

1(a): vzubie's video of Lover All Alone from Syracuse.

OH MY GAH!!!

Y'all may have noticed I'm a big fan of close-up Clay, so this video is pretty much perfection for me.

It is worth downloading because it is very steady and very high quality. The background is black and he's wearing a black shirt, so it's really focused on his face and THROAT!! You can see the sweat beaded on his forehead and trickling from his sideburn down into the loverly stubble on his face as well as one little droplet down the back of his neck. You can count his freckles, eyelashes and every single stubble. muski WATCH THIS ALONE!!! There WILL be moaning when you watch his adam's apple moving and the vibrating going on in his throat. Whew.

:hubbahubba:

Oh yeah, he sounds pretty good here too. This is a killer song to sing so softly, but he does a very nice job, I think.

You might want to have a cigarette handy for when it's over, even if you don't smoke.

I think it's probably available in every vault. The Clack Unlimited link is here:

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concer...zubie_large.wmv

For those who need instant gratification, the lower quality youtube link is here:

Enjoy!! Back with more later.

I keep trying and trying to come up with a favorite clip! Much less three! But I'll give it a try.......

The only one that keeps coming to mind is the

CLAY TEACHES JIMMY A LESSON clip

from his second appearance where they did that skit in his dressing room.

That's also where the frustrated GRUNT came from...(@5:38) ... and the

"He hit me with his cane!!" line. LOVE that one!

Love all the clips everyone is coming up with!!

LOVE the TYRA show in its entirety - I made a video with WAYDNYE (inspired by muski) which got deleted by youtube,

but I put it here: not on youtube! for all to enjoy!

Have to think about a third one.......... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Can a whole DVD count as one?? I would want my JBT dvd with me if at all possible!! :cryingwlaughter::hubbahubba:

I'm not very sentimental. Some of the old things I like but my favorite thing is always that next report, that next song, that last picture, the last Spamalot, the next song, anything that's current and new. I always like the visual of the new Clay. It's never enough, is it?

Some of the things youall have mentioned, I love. The AI appearances. The first time he bantered, I almost died. The first Spamalot report. Gad, I guess I just love it all. LOL!!! I love Clay's songs on finale night of AI2.

I have favorite clack that I watch from "before my time" and that I love to distraction such as Motown stuff and God Forbid the Clack Skip Around, but just as you guys are going back to your early days of Clay concerts, this is all about MY relationship to the clack. Of course, I must pay homage to the best two minutes on TV ever -- the Clack of Clack -- the AI2 *correction* AI5 Finale -- specifically and exclusively Scarlett's XviD version. I have to watch it a lot and I'm always amazed. It's important to me, okay?

The first time I heard Clay's voice and saw his face on the Fourth of July 2007 is unforgettable forever and preserved in this piece of clack.

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concert_Clack/Soft_Rock_Hard_Place_Tour_2007/Frisco/spotlightlover/

Whenever I watch it I still feel IT. I can see myself there in the audience right up front, anticipating and hearing Clay for the first time, with peeking merrieeee giving herself up ha. But more importantly, it was a mesmerizing experience. He was right there. He was gorgeous. He sounded beautiful. His expressions I have to talk about. Clay has about a dozen or so expressions from Idol that just slay me and I'd watch the YouTubes over and over and isolate those unique and adorable faces and stare at the cuteness of Clay. So the first time he actually sang a song for me, yea, that early evening on the plains of North Texas in a soccer arena, he showed me all those faces I love, with that voice and that smile and those eyes and everything. And he was a HUNK! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I still don't know how to articulate it. He looked at MEEEEEE.

Lover All Alone in Houston. And this one will be with me forever. I was basking in good fortune again that night sitting front row right at my first official Exclusively Clay Aiken Sit-Down Concert, being so close my knees were against the stage. ***How do I love you Scarlett, let me count the ways*** I had never been a true fan of LAA and that night when he sang it the way he did, and then made that body turn so I got a full facial frontal up close and personal, and the emotion in every fiber of his voice and being when he sang it, well, it was like Clay asking "Soooo, whaddya think about it now?" and me babbling, "Yes, master." It was intoxicating.

Okay, that's two official selections. Nah, forget it, I have to put Scarlett's AI5 Finale video in there. It still takes my breath away. I'm done.

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Americ...24_Finale/XviD/

OMG! I forgot THE UGLY DUCKLING!!!

I have that on my ipod and I love when it comes up - especially if I'm on a fairly long drive and I can listen uninterrupted. Such deep honied tone in his reading voice. And he actually kept his pace slow enough so the listener can soak in his voice and see the pictures he paints.

"Cheeky Short Legs", one of my favorite things.

And this line . . .

"I never dreamed of such happiness as this, while I was an Ugly Duckling."

Just killer. :sad52:

I just listened to The Ugly Ducking for the first time a couple weeks ago. It's been on my ipod forever but had never listened. It is fantastic.

Ok if I could I would just put up the entire clack for Atlantic City JBT..both of them...(I know them by heart). This clip is directly after singing What's up Pussycat with CH's Podsoda and then he did a summary of all the songs he did during the stump the band segment and he said that Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me, in many ways one of his signatures songs, was from the 1990s.

It's a remake?

Ansaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I see you down there.

Anyway I love this cuz he was caught being wrong..heee. And he took it so good naturedly... it's just really makes me smile..

so while I'm at youtube..might as well put my other favorite peice of clack...Good News from El Cajon..it's a partial but still, I always watch this one. I remember walking out of the concert, the final JNT04 show, on a cloud..just floating. I think Scarlett was about 2 rows in front of me...so this was also my view of him singing it. When I'm down, this is the song that lifts me up.

It won't play for me..but I assume it's my wireless connection fading in and out..let me know if you have a problem with it.

Two things...

I do believe it's now been snowing for 24 consecutive weeks days hours here in Southwestern Ontario. I want it to stop. Now. Right now, damnit! I hatessssss winter.

And couchie, your idea it seems, has got legs. I see there's a Three Fav's thread on the CB now. Heh. *waves to lurkers*

Ooooh, and Good News. I forgot about Good News. Spotlightlover's from San Diego is a thing of beauty also. The way he moves in and out of the shadows, those hands, those lips, that voice. A screencap of that was my wallpaper for a v. v. long time.

th_GoodNewswallpaper.jpg

How funny that in looking through my wallpapers for that Good News one, I realize how many have come about from the very 'moments' listed here.

Beautiful Star of Bethlehem

th_BeautifulStarwpjpg.jpg

AI5

th_Whatdoyousee.jpg

Solitaire moments

th_SolitaireRevisited.jpg

LAA Houston

th_LAAHouston1024x768.jpg

Ghost post from Ansa (who is having the same problems luckiest1 is having on her work computer):

She misses everyone on FCA, and she's loving all the favorite clips!

___

OK, I'm cheating. I'm going to add another clip. As many of you know, I'm mostly a "love that funny guy Clay" person. His humor gets me every.single.time. So, most of my favorite clips involve some sort of banter and/or cuteness by Clay. However....

There was one performance one night that brought me to tears. Ironic really, because I wasn't at the show, I've only seen the clack. I rewatched it again today, and it still brought tears to my eyes. It's from the JNT 2005, in Atlanta. This was the day that they found out Gregory was sick, and they had to scramble to get another kid to do the show. Whenever things like this happen during a tour for Clay, he seems to put on an extra special performance, and this one, IMO, is killer. Scarlett, I hope you don't mind that I uploaded this clip to YouTube.

Removing link until I can get it to work properly

Crap! It uploaded just fine, and now it's not working! I'll keep an eye out for it being available again....

From PermaSwooned:

OH MY GAH!!!

Y'all may have noticed I'm a big fan of close-up Clay, so this video is pretty much perfection for me.

It is worth downloading because it is very steady and very high quality. The background is black and he's wearing a black shirt, so it's really focused on his face and THROAT!! You can see the sweat beaded on his forehead and trickling from his sideburn down into the loverly stubble on his face as well as one little droplet down the back of his neck. You can count his freckles, eyelashes and every single stubble. muski WATCH THIS ALONE!!! There WILL be moaning when you watch his adam's apple moving and the vibrating going on in his throat. Whew.

It took forty minutes for it to download but gave a lifetime's worth of really great sex.

I'll have to think some to choose three favorites....the performance ATD on Martha Stewart is a stand out for me. I'll go looking in the morning for it and I'll try to come up with another two. It IS distracting in here though. Makes it harder when you come late. :D

Boo Hoo! I can't access it. The First Noel

That was the beginning of my concerts with the eHP! Sort of speshul...you know first time and all!

Weather here was really gorgeous today. Long sleeved T and sun shining!! See Houston does have some good days. It's not always hot.

From PermaSwooned:

OH MY GAH!!!

It took forty minutes for it to download but gave a lifetime's worth of really great sex.

I'll have to think some to choose three favorites....the performance ATD on Martha Stewart is a stand out for me. I'll go looking in the morning for it and I'll try to come up with another two. It IS distracting in here though. Makes it harder when you come late. :D

Ahhh, and I got to see this one from up close and personal. In fact, I was sitting about two seats down from vzubie. It was (and is) sublime. Ummm, KarenEh...that last sentence. Heheh.

In case anybody thinks we are exaggerating the *&%^$ snow, I took this picture of my trash can just outside my door about ten minutes ago. When I came home from work yesterday there was none on it.

DSCN0486.jpg