#27: Ya' gotta give me somethin', honey!

Couch Tomato

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly
    • He goes sweetly and deftly Medieval on Broadway.
    • What is it about Clay? Damned if I know.
    • Good Lord, is that man cute.
    • Sir Aiken - a triumph in SPAMalot!
    • He's a triumph in the show.
    • The man's a joy magnet!
    • Reach into that golden grab bag!
    • His smile just lights up everything.

Oooooo, Marilyon, thanks for the pretties! Did you enjoy the show yesterday?

I sure did. Wrote a long and boring recap which I will NOT saddle y'all with!

Thank you for saddling us with that--it was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm appalled sometimes at what the camera sees, that I'm sure people don't realize they're doing or just fall into the fog or whatever as he approaches.

People SCREAM into his face, poke Playbills into his face, film or take stills literally inches from his nose...and my absolute favorite so far....

Just to justify- my pictures were taken at a distance, not right up in his face. I cropped it but the original picture is NOT right there. It does SEEM like its right in his face, and I don't doubt that some actually do that, but the zoom lens is very helpful.

As for waving the playbills, etc- they are waved over peoples heads, but again, most times the camera makes them seem right in his face. If you look at the side view videos, they are not that close- I dont think Jerome would let them be. Clay does not stand right up against the barricades- he is a step or so back.

Thats not to say that people dont get rude or overbearing, or don't say things that make you cringe. But the couple of times I have been there, people stay behind the barricade and don't push forward.

Thank you again, marilyon!

Does anyone know who's going to be replacing Chris Seibert when he leaves in a few weeks? I've read so many times about how good he is and how he & Clay play so well off of each other. I hate that he won't be there in April!

Squee!!! Marilyon, thank you! That was fun! Let's do it again!

:)

Vas it gud for u??

I have to tell you that I sure hope Clay didnt look at ME looking at HIM during the slo-mo scene. I mean, he squatted VERY low and my eyes were drawn to his....er, um.......TIGHTS!! and I saw them all the way up to his ...hips!!! That man sure has some strong thigh muscles!!

Squee!!! Marilyon, thank you! That was fun! Let's do it again!

:)

Vas it gud for u??

I have to tell you that I sure hope Clay didnt look at ME looking at HIM during the slo-mo scene. I mean, he squatted VERY low and my eyes were drawn to his....er, um.......TIGHTS!! and I saw them all the way up to his ...hips!!! That man sure has some strong thigh muscles!!

Yeah, I mean, he's always been wiry and stronger than he looks...but by now those thighs must just be...um...

*slips on drool*

Oops.

00lsee said

I want to be saddled with it!
:hubbahubba:

:whistling-1:

And this is news becaaaauuuussse?

Oh...and this, Marilyn??

he then proceeds to DANCE with all of that in his pants!!

God, I've wondered at this miracle of physics ever since that DC IT WDC on the steps! :hubbahubba::lipstick:

[best Alfred Hitchcock voice] Good Evening! [/best Alfred Hitchcock voice ]

Yay!

Car was only $72!!

Just some loose cables!! Thank goodness! No cutting into my SPAM fund!

Nothing of note to add - just wanted to say howdy!

Well, Jamie certainly put her time to good use. Nice fresh hi-lites!

Aren't they be-YOO-ti-ful?? :hubbahubba: I noticed that right away!

I'm appalled sometimes at what the camera sees, that I'm sure people don't realize they're doing or just fall into the fog or whatever as he approaches.

People SCREAM into his face, poke Playbills into his face, film or take stills literally inches from his nose...and my absolute favorite so far....

Just to justify- my pictures were taken at a distance, not right up in his face. I cropped it but the original picture is NOT right there. It does SEEM like its right in his face, and I don't doubt that some actually do that, but the zoom lens is very helpful.

As for waving the playbills, etc- they are waved over peoples heads, but again, most times the camera makes them seem right in his face. If you look at the side view videos, they are not that close- I dont think Jerome would let them be. Clay does not stand right up against the barricades- he is a step or so back.

Thats not to say that people dont get rude or overbearing, or don't say things that make you cringe. But the couple of times I have been there, people stay behind the barricade and don't push forward.

Aww, Marilyn, that's actually my quote....and I didn't mean you! But no, you can definitely see from the side in some of the video how he has to dodge them, and people actually snapping their fingers at him to return the Playbills to the right person, which I think is amazingly rude....and of course the gum-chewing, which is way too pretty for me! Again....YUCK!!

Kind of OT question for any Canadians...have any of you received your tracking email from Clique to say your fanclub package has been sent...and had the number work?

Not meaning to exclude my 'Merican friends, but it's a customs kind of a thing, y'know? :thbighug-1:

[best Alfred Hitchcock voice] Good Evening! [/best Alfred Hitchcock voice ]

Yay!

Car was only $72!!

Just some loose cables!! Thank goodness! No cutting into my SPAM fund!

Nothing of note to add - just wanted to say howdy!

cotton... congrats on the lowness of the cost for fixing your baby!

Hey, y'all. Since I haven't seen SPAM yet, I must confess I'm clueless re:

"fetchez la vache".

Could somebody please translate?

I tried googling but that yielded no help!

:wacko:

Thanks for the congrats on my baby! I was so happy to drive her home today! :)

ETA:

NEVERMIND!! I tried a different search and found it!

I knew it had something to do with the cow.

Guess we never got down on the farm in my French classes!

Hey, y'all. Since I haven't seen SPAM yet, I must confess I'm clueless re:

"fetchez la vache".

Could somebody please translate?

I tried googling but that yielded no help!

:wacko:

Thanks for the congrats on my baby! I was so happy to drive her home today! :)

Literally, "get the cow"...did that help? :cryingwlaughter: I'm trying to remain virginal :lipstick: but I think it refers to the one they are trying to throw over the wall at.....someone? I think it kind of means....get the cow for me to throw at this person, maybe that'll get them outta my hair!

Anyone who's actually been? :imgtongue:

ETA: it won't google because the word "fetchez" is not really French. It's what we'd call "franglais". :lol:

"fetchez la vache"

It's what someone like me who speaks absolutely no French except what I learned from Miss Piggy would attempt to say "Fetch the cow" to some French minion! The French Taunter says it very amusingly!

Kind of OT question for any Canadians...have any of you received your tracking email from Clique to say your fanclub package has been sent...and had the number work?

Not meaning to exclude my 'Merican friends, but it's a customs kind of a thing, y'know? :thbighug-1:

I got my number, but it didn't work. Didn't surprise me.

Have you tried this link? UPS Mail Innovations

Hee I don't think any Clique number works! Surprise, surprise!

For Xmas my hubby bought me a portable Bose speaker for my iPod. Well I have it sitting on my desk and I've listened to it but not really listened if that makes any sense! Tonight I took it upstairs to my treadmill and turned the volume up really loud. My god Clay can sing!!!! He just sounded so good. I guess a combination of his talent with some really good speakers just did me in!

As I'm walking I begin to realise that I miss him. Oh he was wonderful in Spamalot and I cannot wait until I see him again in April but I really miss him singing! No TV appearances to tide me over till the CD comes out, no concerts to go to, no charity performances or anything that has him just singing!

Come back Clay I miss you!!!!

Marilyon, THANK YOU for your recap. I didn't find it boring at all!

Cotton, sorry to hear about your van, but I'm glad it's was fixable. And at not too bad of a price either.

cindilu....sorry, she didn't tell me how to do that. I'd screw it up anyway. But I think couchie may know....

And that's a beautiful banner.

ETA: I'm chatting with Ansa right now....the first leg of her journey is complete, tomorrow begins round two. And she just talked me through changing the banner. I'm going to wait until tomorrow though....hee.

That's why I'm asking, annabear...I did see this posted over at CV but it doesn't work either.

I do see that a lot of people have been able to track theirs using this....but I couldn't.

However...I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong number. Here is my email. Can anyone clue me in as to what is the tracking number here? (clickable)

th_Clique.jpg

cindilu2 we HAVE to have that! It is gorgeous!! :hubbahubba:

ETA: hee....I wonder how he'd feel about signing that "eyes" picture?

cindilu....sorry, she didn't tell me how to do that. I'd screw it up anyway. But I think couchie may know....

bwah ha haha :image13:

Marilyon..thanks for your recap. I really enjoy reading those. I haven't seen anything much from the weekend..... so I really appreciated reading yours.

So Clay had a day off. I hope he really had it off and is just sleeping and really getting that illness totally out of his system.

Cotton...glad your Amazing Grace went well!

I've currently got a broken down dryer as an accessory in my son's room in the basement. It is holding all his clean socks, LOL. I wonder if either putting it to the curb or putting it on Freecycle would work? I have to get rid of it soon!

Luckiest, I've moved my Freecycle post to a dedicated thread so that this one isn't cluttered with non-Clay talk (although Couch was okay about it being here)

New thread for FREECYCLE

That's why I'm asking, annabear...I did see this posted over at CV but it doesn't work either.

I do see that a lot of people have been able to track theirs using this....but I couldn't.

However...I'm wondering if I'm using the wrong number. Here is my email. Can anyone clue me in as to what is the tracking number here? (clickable)

th_Clique.jpg

cindilu2 we HAVE to have that! It is gorgeous!! :hubbahubba:

ETA: hee....I wonder how he'd feel about signing that "eyes" picture?

FromClaygary, I don't see that you were given a tracking number. I'm guessing that is because Innovations is a mailing service that works in conjunction with the USPS. UPS sends the package to the US Post Office and then they are the ones who actually deliver the package to us. I don't know how it works with the Canadian mail system. What happens when you click on the DHL label? I don't see that on my email. That is where I see my tracking number instead.