#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

KAndre... I always enjoy ANY post of yours, so post away, but there's no way I'm going back over all my almost 500 posts for a show and tell... :cryingwlaughter:

I always read my posts 4-5 times to tweek it to make it say what I really want to say without alarming anyone before I post it. I cannot tell you what all I have written out, then deleted before posting. I'm that way at work with email, too, so it's not just on the message boards. That's just me.

I'm going to Disneyland today for my second youngest DGD's 3rd birthday... my feet are already groaning! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm still gasping everytime I see that cd cover on my desktop!!! GAH!!!

Have a great Easter, everyone!

{{{{{skybar}}}}} Glad to see you again... I had noticed your absence and didn't like it! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

*hands out chocolate rabbits to everyone here at FCA*

Happy Easter everyone!

I've been knocked for a loop with this massive head cold. I was planning on having a fairly enjoyable, relaxing weekend -- starting my packing for next weekend, and just chilling. Instead, I've spent most of the weekend in bed, trying not to be miserable. Thank God for Theraflu...even if it's from a box with an expiration date of 2003. *g*

goldarngirl and FromClaygary, I cannot wait for your reports! I'm always extremely happy when some of my FCA peeps are enjoying themselves with Clay. Heh.

I totally agree with KAndre on the changes in the board, and the changes in my posting styles. I'd have to think a bit to come up with samples for each type, though....although I think I could do it. And for me personally, while part my changes have been organic, there have been several times when I've thought about posting, had the post written, and then chucked it all. I have learned to be self-censoring, especially when thinking of posting in anger.

What I tend to strive for is co-existence. I don't agree with everyone on this board -- far from it. But, just as there is in a family, there is always someone that you never quite see eye-to-eye with, but you love them anyway. It's that learning process of living together that makes the whole experience enjoyable in the long run. And one "wrong" comment isn't going to change my feelings. I guess I just try to see the good in EVERY single person -- warts and all.

I saw the posts yesterday, and (my apologies to couchie) basically "ran away." Unfortunately, that tends to be my first thought. But then, it gives me a chance to think...and my thoughts after this were "Why?" On Friday, there was the Billboard article; then there was this...

5132BcEzrDqL_SS500_.jpg

...and yet, the focus was on negativity. I don't get it. While I understand not liking "negative," it is a part of life, and something that, in order to get along, needs to be dealt with constructively. I simply don't have time to deal with anything that can be possibly construed as a slam toward Clay. Honestly, I don't think CLAY has that kind of time either. Maybe I'm burying my head in the sand, but so be it. It keeps my blood pressure happy.

*hands jumpercables to jamar*

looks up at liney and says, 'Lazy thing! Going to Disneyland/world/place rather than entertain me - humph!'

Pats ldyjocelyn for removing all excuses from jamar

I have to admit, I really like the way the information is coming out about the album - no artificial hysteria [Press Release: THIS IS THE BESTEST CD OF ALL TIME! EVERYONE LOVES IT AND IF YOU DON'T LOVE IT YOU SUCK! LOOK, PEOPLE YOU DON'T KNOW SAY IT'S COOL! BUY IT RIGHT NOW (but if you're not cool or female or old or God forbid Barry Manilow or Clive Davis don't tell anybody you bought it)], no angst yet at least and not a huge amount of bitching of how RCA's screwing him over.

I'm enjoying it while I can!

HAPPY EASTER FCA!!

I can't go searching for posts now, I HAVE TO GO MAKE POTATO SALAD!

Maybe later. But I'll enjoy reading whatever anyone else comes up with!

Must get ready for Easter dinner at my niece's house! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - James Earl Jones, Philicia Rashad, Terrence Howard.

Or November with Nathan Lane and Laurie Metcalf.

Or the one David Morse is in. I love him. The Seafarer.

I'm lookin' at those.

Here are all the shows:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/concierge.aspx

We saw David Morse signing autographs at the stage door of his theater after yesterday's matinee. Very small crowd out there. Could see him quite clearly. OTOH, I could barely see Clay while standing in the crowd. My recap is above (Cravingclay from CV).

Happy Sunday Morning from my office!

Yeppers...I'm in my office this lovely Sunday morning...got a few hours of work to do in order to be able to come back in to work tomorrow to go over all the work I've done with a boss. IF I get it all done, that is.

Regardless, I'm heading for NYC Tuesday---I just would rather go feeling that I got enough work done not to worry about not having a job when I get back, know what I mean?

Anyhoo...I thoroughly enjoyed DCAT Pala last night. I actually started to watch DCAT Orlando, too, but then decided to save that one. I only listened to three songs but I was struck by how much better vocally he sounded in Orlando. That dry desert air must've really done a number on him, huh?

I still think this board is the most evenly balanced one out there. (that I know of) We sqabble now and then, but for the most part people are rational and can express themselves well---even when things get emotional. I ain't going nowhere, that's for sure...so if my posts are a problem for anybody, PM me or get over it....'kay? :lilredani: :lmaosmiley-1:

I get to watch Clay perform for me and bring me pleasure in three days! :Thud: In person! :hubbahubba:

Now...gonna work...Oh, and by the way...as I watched DCAT last night I had a heating pad on my knee and I took some ibuprofen.

This morning I woke up with no pain! Woo Hoo! So Ithink I'm going to do that each night and see how that works...gonna get some Thermacare, too, for my mucho walking in NYC.... :F_05BL17blowkiss: to everyone who had some suggestions for me...

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - James Earl Jones, Philicia Rashad, Terrence Howard.

Or November with Nathan Lane and Laurie Metcalf.

Or the one David Morse is in. I love him. The Seafarer.

I'm lookin' at those.

Here are all the shows:

http://www.broadway.com/gen/concierge.aspx

Thank you YSRN!! Terreance howard? It's hard out there for a pimp? that terrence howard? hee Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm not really into musical theater so will look into some alternatives while I'm there. Is David Morse the guy from St. Elsewhere? I've always liked him.

peeps.jpg

happyeaster.jpg

chocbunny.gif

Thanks Bottle. That's so cute!!

Goldarngirl, I loved your recap. I also like to share Clay with people who haven't seen him before. It does enhance the experience for me. I just enjoy them and try not to do any clayverting. Clay does an excellent job of that. And wow she became a FAN FAN in the last 6 months. Yay..she has so much to look forward to.

Thanks Fear..I'm going to work a few hours and then go to my sister's house for dinner. It's a very nice today and I promised my neice that I'd come over and play basketball with her heh.

KAndre are you nuts? I have 10000 posts on 2 boards and hell I posted at least 5 other yahoo groups or boards. I was am quite the postho. You can entertain us by bringing YOUR posts over one by one hee.

Muski..glad you feel a bit better. eeeeeeeeeeeee I'm excited for you that your trip is coming up. Whoo hooo. April 26 is SO far away!

I have an idea. Everybody drag out a post you made that either 1) you can't believe you posted it (and left it up) or 2) is so totally you you could use it as I.D. or 3) it's you at your most sheeplike

I thought I would use the search function to track down the start of my tongue obsession, and that brought up 16 pages of posts. I think that little factoid probably satisfies all of those qualifications.

Apparently, I really, really, really like to use this emoticon: :P

tongue4.gif

Galatongue.gif

lordofthering2qa0.gif

Thank you YSRN!! Terreance howard? It's hard out there for a pimp? that terrence howard? hee Thanks. I'll check it out. I'm not really into musical theater so will look into some alternatives while I'm there. Is David Morse the guy from St. Elsewhere? I've always liked him.

Yep... that Terrence Howard! Can you imagine him and James Earl Jones bellowing a story on stage? Love it!

And yes, David Morse is the guy from St. Elsewhere...and elsewhere (Contact, Hack, 12 Monkeys, Green Mile). Love him!!! I forgot the show was ending it's run tho, thanks for the reminder, ivy. I wanted to get his autograph, darnit.

KAndre... bwah! When I have about 100 hours to kill, I'll go look through my posts. I know I've changed the way I express my fandom over the years, cuz I started on PG-13 TTC... and now I'm feelin' a little less like my corsett is tied too tight, if ya know what I mean. Now I'm the board ho'iest ho that ever ho'd. And nobody ever gave me $5,000 for it either.

bottle... in gratitude for reminding me of KarenEh!'s blog link...

xfileluvtongue.gif

tongue_002.gif

antipanti.gif

Hee, liney... my mom (YSRNorElse) made that Clay-to-bunny animation. I've never seen anyone else post it. Cool!! The funny thing is it was a Halloween .gif/joke. On WMS, we used to joke years ago that Clay was like the killer bunny (Monty Python ref for sure). We'd all need protection from him and his weapons (of mass seduction). Ya kinda had to be there cuz that makes absolutely no sense right now, but funny how stuff like that comes around again. LOL!

xanimal_kyckling3.gifHappy Easter, Peeps!

escaping from budget spreadsheets from hell for a moment!

We'd all need protection from him and his weapons (of mass seduction). Ya kinda had to be there cuz that makes absolutely no sense right now, but funny how stuff like that comes around again. LOL!

YSRN...oh, I think it still makes sense... :whistling-1: In fact, since that earlier, more 'innocent' time, I'd say we have video, photographic and up-close-and-personal-eye-poked-out evidence that makes the need (but no desire for) protection even more obvious. heh.

Oy...it's so beautiful outside...WTF am I doing in this fucking office?

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :badmood:

Okay...one more hour and that's it for today, dammit! :abuser: I need to buy some bras, socks and new sneakers for my trip! :lilredani:

ETA: Bottle...that middle tongue gif does really naughty things to me.... :hubbahubba:

Hee, liney... my mom (YSRNorElse) made that Clay-to-bunny animation. I've never seen anyone else post it. Cool!! The funny thing is it was a Halloween .gif/joke. On WMS, we used to joke years ago that Clay was like the killer bunny (Monty Python ref for sure). We'd all need protection from him and his weapons (of mass seduction). Ya kinda had to be there cuz that makes absolutely no sense right now, but funny how stuff like that comes around again. LOL!

So true... :cryingwlaughter:

th_Rabbit_1.jpg

Happy Easter, to all who celebrate. Happy Springtime too!!

Here's a hand for Muski!

:clap:

Can't wait to see you in NY, in just a few days!! I'll already be there when you arrive - so call me when you get there, okay, girl?

I'm doing a happy dance today - no more piano playing for a week! YAY!! I enjoy playing, but this last week was ridiculous. Ain't doin' that many different performances in a week again!

My daughters are happy campers today. We went out to eat after church, and then I gave them Easter bags with goodies (they're too old for the egg-dying and Easter baskets). I gave them gift bags with ipod speakers, girly bath stuff and lip gloss. They're teenagers, so they loved all of it!

Now, I'm off to do the laundry and start packing for New Yawk!!! :chores003:

HAPPY EASTER TO MY FCA PEEPS!!!

Love ya, each and every one! Even posters who disagree. Hey, the world would be realllly boring if we all agreed about everything, wouldn't it? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks for the weather report Luckiest. BRRRRR!!! Good thing I dragged the family into our local ski shop to get jackets. Whose rolling their eyes at me now Huh?

Actually the packing is causing me some angst. I am a determinedly light packer but since we will be in both Florida and Canada (and Japan) I am thinking my original two hot outfits and two cold outfits ( with extra tshirts bought along the way) might be a bit light on the cold weather stuff.

Oh well, I might just have to shop! Wouldnt that be a shame?!!!! :D

Hey KAndre what pictures are you talking about? Watermelons? Dogs? Bike?

Hey KAndre what pictures are you talking about? Watermelons? Dogs? Bike?

Allow me...

From this mag:

EWMagCover.jpg

Came:

th_EWdog.jpg

th_EWWater2.jpg

th_EW_water.jpg

th_EW_3.jpg

th_watermelonseedclay-1.jpg

th_EWTongue.jpg

and best of all... unless you're bottlecap, in which case, that last one was probably the best of all...

EW_Clay.jpg

LOL! It's hilarious now, but then... that was my first favorite picture! :lol:

I distinctly remember pulling into a 7-11 at midnite on the way home from the San Jose AI concert to get me a bunch of these magazines. Hee.

shudders briefly...

I like the cover and him on the bike - that's it. Give me made up, metrosexual hottie Clay any day of the week!

And EVERYBODY, not just YSRN, were just raving over the pics....

Thanks for the weather report Luckiest. BRRRRR!!! Good thing I dragged the family into our local ski shop to get jackets. Whose rolling their eyes at me now Huh?

Hee, me. :cryingwlaughter:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I officially love Jet Blue. They just sent us each a $100 voucher to use on any future flight, because of the inconvience they caused us in cancelling our $59 flight home from JFK last week. Just in time to book our next Spamatrip! :clap:

Wooohooo, Lucky! Another Spam trip! :clap:

I'm with KAndre on the watermelon pics. The cover's cool, and the bike pic is okay, but I'll take almost any other pic anyday over the other ones.

I love my hubby. He and I just scored another set of Spamalot tickets, for Thursday night! We are in Row B, Center Orchestra on Weds. night (tickets I bought a loooooong time ago) and will be in the mezzanine on Thursday.

Hubby's been looking at a New York City tour guide, and suggests that I pay him back for back-to-back Spamalots by going with him to the .... Sex Museum???? BWAH!! Has anybody ever been to that place? I'm not sure whether he's really serious, or just pulling my leg.

:cryingwlaughter: