#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

I'm with KAndre on the watermelon pics. The cover's cool, and the bike pic is okay, but I'll take almost any other pic anyday over the other ones.

I dunno...I've always been strangely entranced by Clay's upturned palm and slightly curled fingers in this picture:

th_EWdog.jpg

I'm sure, if I gave it some thought, I'd figure out why I find this prone, vulnerable pose so...interesting. Speaking of sex, I bet that museum has a website.

th_EWTongue.jpg

The cover (with the glasses) sort of creeped me out, and I thought he looked all of about 14 in those bike pics, but I loved the pictures of Clay and the dog, especially this one ^^^ These were pre-Raleigh and Durham, right? The guy just likes dogs.

(awww, cute bunny picture annabear)

I'm with KAndre on the watermelon pics. The cover's cool, and the bike pic is okay, but I'll take almost any other pic anyday over the other ones.

I dunno...I've always been strangely entranced by Clay's upturned palm and slightly curled fingers in this picture:

th_EWdog.jpg

I'm sure, if I gave it some thought, I'd figure out why I find this prone, vulnerable pose so...interesting. Speaking of sex, I bet that museum has a website.

I'm beginning to want to cue the Twilight Zone music these days when I read 00lsee's posts. I was having the same thoughts about that 'upturned palm and slightly curled fingers' pic, dearie...

prone, vulnerable...indeed. sex. interesting. yes.

So I just finished watching AI Rewind for Diane Warren week. Clay looked quite good that week, didn't he? Especially in that dark shirt as the results were given. He has always had the eyefuck. Always knew where the camera was, didn't he...the little shit. :Thud:

So...I should finish the work I brought home from the office, but I think I'll take a nap instead. I'm verra, verra good at this procrastination thing, you know. :whistling-1:

Assorted recaps....

One from this afternoon (March 23) from Clayversity:

Hi, I'm home from my afternoon in NY. We arrived at about 12:20 and went right to the box office to pick up my tickets. I was glad not to see any signs in the lobby. The "Killer Rabbit" guy was at the window but didn't tease me with it. He was a little subdued today. I gave my son his ticket and told him we would see him at the show. We walked to Virgin and looked around. Clay was front and center with all the AI CD's They had plenty of both MOAM and ATDW's. We then went back to the theater. As I was going up the steps to the mezzanine I ran into Jerome. I said Hi to him and we had a several minute conversation. He told me Clay wanted to perform because he didn't want to disappoint anyone and that he decided to do yesterday's matinee because Hannah wasn't performing. He said he was definently doing the matinee today but at that time didn't know if he would do the night show. He said Clay is in pain but he's taking his medicine. I didn't ask him for specifics about the injury. He said that the new Sir Gallahad is pretty good and that there shouldn't be any problems. He said it was sad to see Chris go. I thanked him and told him to tell Clay to take it easy and that to thank him for doing the show. I also told him that I brought my son who hadn't seen Clay perform since 2004 in rain in Harrington. He was very nice.

The show had many nonClay people there. There were many families and alot of men. Very few of us there. I thought Clay was good but not as good as the last time I saw him. If I hadn't seen the show before I probably wouldn't have notice. He gave us a really good view when he sat at the piano. The drunken guard seen was hilarious. Chris and Clay really play off each other very well. This scene has really progressed nicely since the first time I saw it. By the end you could tell that he wasn't 100% if you know Clay. My son and his friend really liked the show. Thought it was great but he will not tell me what he thought of Clay except that Clay has a tendency to look down at the orchestra. He did buy his Killer rabbit.

After the show we went to the stage door and Jerome came out to tell us that Clay wasn't feeling well and wouldn't do the SD. We left and went to Junior's for dinner where we again had lousy service. It was so lousy that we didn't have dessert.

This is today's SD picture.

Jerome032308-1.jpg

ETA: When we walked by the box office at about 6 there was no sign up so I guess he is performing.

Another recap via CH (I think from Friday March 21 and Saturday March 22):

janscaped at CV wrote:

I have read so many amazing, funny, detailed, insightful (and sometimes all at the same time ) Spamalot recaps that I think it's quite a reach to try to add something interesting and/or novel to the extensive list of these. But I did want to mention this. I've thought it before.

OCB takes us on some verra, verra nice dates.

I remember thinking this while watching the sun set over the mountains on the grounds of an estate in NC, when driving through the lovely countryside in New Hampshire, when dazzled by a capitalist collective otherwise known as a Minnesota mega-mall, when surrounded by more gilt in a lush Tennesee theater than might be stored in Fort Knox, and this past weekend, while watching the skaters whirl (and fall) on the ice at Rockefeller Center. Leaning on that marble wall, taking in the scene while surrounded by the pulse of excitement that filled NYC, it became clear once again that I would not have been in any of those places at these times, if Clay hadn't "invited" me there. And that I have shared all of these memories with one of my favorite people, cesperry, who I met back in the days at RHT when she offered to cellcert me from the very first concert of the IT, serve to make it even more special. Our phone contact has continued, at least once a week, for over four years now and we've been so lucky to have been able to travel between NC and NJ/Ma to visit each other many times.

This was cesperry's first time to Spamalot and I was so excited to be sharing this experience with her. I was there for opening night and for Superbowl Sunday night's performance. When I bought two tickets for Thursday's show back in October as soon Clay announced his Spam debut, I did so with her in mind. She was grateful but was sure that there was no way that she would be able to fit in a Spring trip to NYC in her busy schedule. But things began to fall into place and apparently she was supposed to be in seat B101 (alas, not carved into stone) on 3/20, because there she was! I loved my first experience of being so close to the stage. I know that Clay looked right at us several time [/delusional]. Friday night, we had front row seats in the balcony where Clay had a little more trouble spotting us. With my binoculars, I could see his facial expressions even better than I did from the second row. I have "studied" Clay extensively, however, he exposed an anatomical part of himself that up to this point had been left undiscovered by me. When riding slow motion on his slow moving horse, the effort apparently requires many associated mouth movements that reveal, much like the dark side of the moon, the underside of his tongue. And, although I may be a bit prejudiced, while not an especially attractive area in most humans, his was as perfectly lovely as the rest of him. I did notice that when he got up from the floor at the end of the Swamp Castle guard scene, he seemed to lean heavily on his spear to get back to his feet. I don't know that he doesn't always do that, but, this was before I knew anything about a sore hip and it registered as seeming a little less fluid than some of his other movements.

Both performances were well-attended; Friday was sold out according to the sign in the box office window. There were many, many young people who seemed to be there in groups and/or on class trips. (That was true all over the city. Times Square was almost grid-locked with pedestrians on Friday night. Carmine's had a 2 1/2 hour wait for a table at 5pm!) In the center section of the balcony, there were several rows of young men, late teens/early twenties-looking, who were very into the show. Before and through the curtain calls, they were on their feet cheering and whooping and the greatest roar from that section was for Clay...by a mile. I love that Clay and Hannah exchange little glances acknowledging the response that each seem to get, in what seems like a bit of friendly competition. Clay seems to have established great rapport with his castmates. Friday night, the guard scene was streeeeetched for all it was worth and the audience just seemed to laugh harder and harder with each pause; Clay stayed totally in character although I wouldn't be surprised if Chris wasn't trying to break him up. Tom cracked Rick up with his antics in the tower scene just with his body language and facial expressions. He is a wonderful actor and priceless as Prince Herbert. And I am totally impressed with Rick! He does an amazing job with all of his parts. David Hibbard makes a great Patsy but I didn't miss him on Thursday like I missed Hannah when she was out; his replacement did a wonderful job filling that role seamlessly.

It was apparent that Clay would not be at the stage door on Thursday night because the barricade was not in place. It was very windy and cold. Friday night the barricade was in place and the crowd was thick around it. As time ticked by and there was no sign of Jerome or Clay, it was becoming apparent that something was wrong. It was announced after about 15-20 minutes of waiting that Clay was not coming out and, in fact, had already left the theater. I was disappointed for cesperry that she missed this opportunity at both of her shows, but she had a great attitude about it.

shudders briefly...

I like the cover and him on the bike - that's it. Give me made up, metrosexual hottie Clay any day of the week!

And EVERYBODY, not just YSRN, were just raving over the pics....

I loved/still love the EW pictures, every one of them. I liked seeing Clay without make-up, freckles showing, red hair--he looked real. The photos were playful and goofy, not like the artsy fartsy Rolling Stones pics, of which I really only liked one (black suit, boots and arms crossed). I thought the guy captured in that article was a really likeable guy, and more like the guy I imagined Clay to be, both in the interview and the photos. Personal tastes are so different--we're very lucky there are so many Clays that there'll always be a version to please right on the heels of any you don't care for.

Hee, liney... my mom (YSRNorElse) made that Clay-to-bunny animation. I've never seen anyone else post it. Cool!! The funny thing is it was a Halloween .gif/joke. On WMS, we used to joke years ago that Clay was like the killer bunny (Monty Python ref for sure). We'd all need protection from him and his weapons (of mass seduction). Ya kinda had to be there cuz that makes absolutely no sense right now, but funny how stuff like that comes around again. LOL!

Oh, I'd almost forgotten the killer bunny. LOL.

th_Rabbit_1.jpg

Oh my, I remember this too!! Ah, we had some great times back then. Would you ever have guessed you'd still be having good times with this 5 years later?

Thanks ldyj - I just saw that recap by njrp4clay and was going to being it over. Feel better *soon*! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Pics from yesterday afternoon by kmy18045 at CV:

Stage Door Pictures 3/22/08

Clickable or lickable (will have more later)

th_PICT0121.jpg

th_PICT0118.jpg

th_PICT0103.jpg

th_PICT0098.jpg

th_PICT0094.jpg

th_PICT0092.jpg

More from kmy18045 at CV:

More clickable or lickable

th_PICT0113.jpg

th_PICT0112.jpg

th_PICT0108.jpg

th_PICT0116.jpg some girls were screaming and he of course had to scream, he was right in front of me at that point

Clickable and lickable

th_PICT0122.jpg

th_PICT0121-1.jpg

th_PICT0120.jpg

th_PICT0119.jpg

th_PICT0110.jpg

th_PICT0109.jpg

I loved/still love the EW pictures, every one of them. I liked seeing Clay without make-up, freckles showing, red hair--he looked real. The photos were playful and goofy, not like the artsy fartsy Rolling Stones pics, of which I really only liked one (black suit, boots and arms crossed). I thought the guy captured in that article was a really likeable guy, and more like the guy I imagined Clay to be, both in the interview and the photos. Personal tastes are so different--we're very lucky there are so many Clays that there'll always be a version to please right on the heels of any you don't care for.

I love the EW pictures too... loved the RS pictures but my favorite from the early days was teh Time Magazine photos. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Thanks for bringing over the recaps and photos. Jerome is looking mighty cute. heh.

Lord of the Peeps Must Click on small bunny peeps next to ring to get to next page.

play... I just spent waaaay too long playing in this Lord of the Peeps! :cryingwlaughter: My goodness the time these people took to make up this stuff... awesome. Thanks for bringing it over, I enjoyed it excessively!

th_EWdog.jpg

00lsee... The prone one gets me, too, but cause of that chest, tho the hand is very nice. I love it when Clay gives us glimpes of his verra verra niiiice chest! (panting rapidly with tongue hanging out at chestage)

I love the EW pictures too... loved the RS pictures but my favorite from the early days was teh Time Magazine photos. LOVE LOVE LOVE

Thanks for bringing over the recaps and photos. Jerome is looking mighty cute. heh.

Couchie... I agree, Jerome is looking mighty fine. I LOVE that hoodie he is wearing at the stage door.

Well, as you can see, I made it thru a day at Disneyland. Man, my feeties HURT! Walked for miles and the walking wasn't as bad as the standing in line. 60 min wait at Space Mt., 45 mins at Indiana Jones, then 20 min at Pirates. And that was just after lunch. They need benches in those lines... geesh! It was fun doing it with 2/3rds of my family, tho. Why is tomorrow Monday? Why are weekends only two days? Wwwwhhhhyyyy????

I've been speed reading through here from yesterday and all I want to say is that KAndre, your Rewind recap is the best ever. You entertain me. And I thank you.

I am just barely getting in a post while it's still my first anniversary at FCA, at least here in Central Zone. And thank you all for a wonderful year and for giving me a little faith that Clay fans can be diversely opinionated and love each other. My kind of deal.

Love you ALL.

I am just barely getting in a post while it's still my first anniversary at FCA, at least here in Central Zone. And thank you all for a wonderful year and for giving me a little faith that Clay fans can be diversely opinionated and love each other. My kind of deal.

Love you ALL.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Anniversary? What mod did we put in charge of that? :cryingwlaughter:

Anniversary? What mod did we put in charge of that?

Don't look at me.... :unsure:

I ain't no mod....

Just changed my seat on my flight to NYC to an exit row and withOUT having to pay an extra fee. Seems this airline imposed a new extra fee policy AFTER I originally reserved and paid for my ticket...heh. :clap: Now I can enjoy my window exit row seat and have room to make special allowance for my old woman knee. :glare:

Reading here and there about Clay doing the shows, even while in pain. Although that tugs at my heart, it doesn't surprise me. Nothing in that vein surprises me about that man after Long Island JNT. Titanium, I tell ya.. :wub:

I've been thinking about a couple of writing projects that I just might get started on during my long flights. One fiction, one nonfiction---both Claycentric, of course. I wonder if I could even write anything creative without Clay being the muse...scary thought.

Anyhoo...Gotta go into the office again tomorrow, but hope I can keep the time there limited to half a day. Still have to wash clothes, buy bras and socks and sneakers, & make final arrangements with neighbor boy to feed and walk Shadow when Carrie and her friend can't get here (I've farmed Carrie out to spend the days and nights with two different friends this week while hubby and I are playing in NYC...Of course, those families LOVE my daughter and think she's the cutest thing ever. :25: Uh huh. They should've seen her last night with ME! <_< )...

FCA Rocks! :cheerleader: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Happy anniversary kf!

Bunches o'recaps, via the CH (thanks MsMarm!):

Sunday, March 23rd Evening

from Claymelia2 at CB:

I'm going to be brief, the night show was sold out and no Clay at the stagedoor. There were a few people who stayed after Jerome said that Clay was not coming out, waiting for the other casts specially Chris Siebert, his last day today. Jerome said Clay is still not feeling well.

At the curtain call Chris gave a bow to the audience, but didn't say anything.

As always, Clay was fabulous. He is getting better and better with the dances and the acting and I think there were lines added in the drunken guard scene which I don't remember, sorry. The conversation seems a little longer. and everybody was laughing. As Brother Maynard, he sang AMEN and so were the knights. This is first time I've heard it.

I'm so sorry, I'm not a good recapper, hope others will post.

Happy Easter to All and have a good night!

Sorry, I was getting details for you.

I saw that LGinPA had gone tonight and figured she was in the car on her way home so I called and told her we were desperate for news.

She'll probably post her own recap tomorrow but I'll give you something now.

She said the average person wouldn't have had a clue he was hurt but she could see a few little changeups to accommodate the injury at the end of the bottle dance. Unrelated to the injury but there was some little trouble getting the grail thingy to stick on his head as the dance began.

Jerome did come out and say he was hurting and that he had napped between shows. LGinPA thought he had tons of energy tonight. She said maybe its a result of it being the last show for Chris and that there was great energy and comraderie between Clay and Chris. At the curtain call, Clay personally pushed Chris forward for extra appreciation and applause.

SOLD OUT sign was up. Lots of couples, men, young, old everything.

Anyway - just to reassure that he was on and did a fabulous job. When her son heard Jerome say he wasn't doing stage door because of his injury, her son said he hadn't been able to tell anything was wrong.

Clay did just fine tonight - injured or not injured, he performed like the seasoned pro that he is (& always will be) Hopefully, tomorrow he will rest, if he doesn't need to run to the recording studio. To do all 4 shows + Fri. nite despite not feeling so hot, truly shows the teamplayer that he is.

Tonight being Chris Sieber's swan song @ Spamalot, was quite a heart tugger for not just me, but for all the cast members on stage as well. I cannot speak for everyone from the fandom who attended, but the sentiment of Chris being Sir Galahad for 1 final time, was felt from where I sat.

One small change up for Sir Galahad was during the Russian Dance. The music for that was deliberately slowed down, so he had to cut the hops & kicks tempo - but did give a look to the conductor, & a small smile. I think the conductor was messing w/ him

During curtain call, Chris got big big applause. After him came Hannah, who bowed, then turned to Chris, blew him a kiss & said "I love you". I hope this will not be the last time these 2 buddies get to work together again, nor the rest of the cast, as colleague's paths do cross in the industry.

Now here is a moment during curtain call that I wish could've been photographed - After Clay bowed, he went over to Chris. Chris immediately pulled Clay over & gave him a shoulder to shoulder hug. Clay dipped his head towards Chris's shoulder & closed his eyes for a moment, then raised his head & smiled. I'm sure some of you who attended tonight, saw it..... should be burned into your brains. In my eyes, it was a moment bonded with friendship & brotherhood it seemed, based on the respect & props passed on btwn the 2 after just having worked over 60 shows together.

The girl dancers all grouped around Chris when the company sang "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life", smiling and clapping. Bedevere pointed at Chris & encouraged applause. Rick Holmes turned Chris's backside towards him & gave it a few friendly smacks as the curtain came down.

Other bits....

Knights of Ni used the "34th & Vine/Client no. 9" bit again, but Rick added a little "mee-ow" w/ a claw movement for flourish. I think that particular bit, ripping Spitzer, is Rick's fave - he's used it multiple times now.

Nice booty flash (yet again). Pulled apart the sides of the tunic wide enough to get a peep of waistband. I hope he understands that is SO appreciated.

During the slo-mo horsey ride scene, I did see Hannah at the back, holding the cup, & rocking her arms front & back like 'ra-ra-ra' at a football rally. Her facial expression was hilarious - eyes shut, mouth wide open as if shouting....You cannot see her doing that if you were seated in the center - only if you were far off to the sides, & not looking at the knights. Also, the mountain completely covers her up & Arthur is on it singing. As hard as it is to tear one's eyes from Clay, you do miss so much of what the other actors/dancers are doing - and they are all really, really, REALLY good.

Peasant of the night was a big hispanic guy named Richard Crespo. King Arthur couldn't pronounce it, or heard right. Asked the guy to repeat it, which he did, & King Arthur said 'Cresh-po' instead. The guy had a son or a nephew who came w/ him who was so tickled, he stood & applauded as Mr. Crespo got his award & photo. Mr. Crespo hadn't cracked much of a smile until that moment (yes, I was observing the audience at some points too - not everyone is laughing at all the parts) but I do believe he had a fun time.

I didn't stay at the Stage Door - went to get something from Starbucks, then headed to take the train. But did see Chris Sieber, flanked by a few people, leave Schubert Alley; got to wish him well & good luck. He will be sorely missed.

Wrapping up -

It is so hard to watch this family break up; everyone complements eachother so well, that it's hard not to fall in love w/ the cast. hell, I'm even getting choked up thinking about Clay & Hannah leaving in just a mere 7 weeks from now. Hard to believe both have surpassed the 1/2 way mark & there are less than 100 performances left to go. We'd better soak it up before Clay goes away for a (hopefully short) brake.

March 18th

Only DH and I attended the 3rd anniversary performance (the kids hung out with Mark’s friend from Brooklyn). We had seats in row C once again. The atmosphere that night was appropriately celebratory and the 3D glasses, on-stage photographers, and unique opening just added to the mood. The entire cast was wonderful, I even liked the guy who was standing in for Patsy. It has been said before, but it really was incredible the way that Clay so easily meshed with the others. He was a stand-out in the parts where the focus was on him, and a strong supporter in parts where he was supposed to be supporting. It reminded me of the duets he’s done with various artists over the years. He is so generous in sharing the stage and knowing when to let others shine. One of my favorite Clay parts was right after “God” gives them orders to find the grail. He is so befuddled by the idea, and completely clueless about what a grail is. King Arthur explains that it is the vessel that was used at the Last Supper. Robin says “There was a boat at the Last Supper? Was it some kind of dinner cruise?" Then he and Lancelot go into this discussion about how God the all knowing could lose a cup, and couldn’t he just go buy another one. It was a really funny interaction and one that I had never seen mentioned in a previous recap. (Apologies to anyone who did mention it. I just didn’t see it.) I think Hannah’s recent comment about Clay being so serious during the show is very accurate. The only time I caught a glimpse of “concert Clay” was during the curtain call. But, that is how it should be. He stays completely in character during the show, and then relaxes a little bit when the crowd is acknowledging the actors and their performances.

March 22nd/23rd

I met up with some wonderful fellow fans and we had a blast so I'm just getting back. So here's a bit of a recap from this weekend.

As folks have said, Clay was incredible and I can't imagine anyone who didn't know about an injury seeing anything wrong. Clay was energetic in his acting and dancing and his big notes were fantastic.

During the slomo horse riding scene Saturday, Clay stuck his tongue out and swirled it around...and today during the dancing he moved his tongue to the side of his face. That tongue was mighty active this weekend. And the tunic flip is ever expanding.....what a shapely and marvelous moment. The Bottle Dance keeps developing as Clay now excitedly reacts to the piano with a bit of holiday ham spirit. And the way he eats up the applause at the end of that and quickly remembers he's supposed to be seriously concerned about the new 'Knights of Ni test' - for the king...priceless. Clay also adds great faces of delight when he hears the new Knights of NI test is doing a musical.

Tonight when the French Taunters threw the cow onto Patsy Clay took the tail of the cow and swirled it around Patsy's face. Very cute. And the guard scene is just unbelievable. Clay has this confused yet dead serious face. Best deadpan ever. And now he tilts his head and looks in different directions looking out into space and each new expression gets a new laugh. I think this weekend's guard scene was the absolute longest laugh I've ever heard on stage.

For Christopher Sieber's last night there were a few little moments...one when they unroll the paper with the scenes of different countries and they all dance...Clay does the hula there...marvelously and to some 'woos' and whistles. Galahad does this fast little dance and they slowed the tempo to a bump and grind speed. Also when Galahad let the stage after he was knighted and he tries to 'do horse' and can't and does silly steps...well this time he full on jumped off stage. And during the Find Your Grail scene when they rock out, he added he signature hair toss. Rick Holmes (Lancelot) gave Chris Sieber a little mock spanking at the end. At the final bow, Clay put his fingers up to his eyes to indicate tears which was very sweet....And then Christopher Sieber put his arm around Clay and held Clay's head to his shoulder. Just a lovely gesture of friendship and respect.

It's wonderful how as Clay keeps mastering the scenes new things are added. And scenes which got less laughs are now being milked for more. This weekend's scene where G-d tells them to find the grail got big laughs at every phrase. Clay's confusion about the 'quail' instead of grail and wondering why there was a boat at the last supper and was it a dinner cruise....just wonderful. He played off Galahad (Chris Sieber) so beautifully as he added the arm movements and facial expressions to show doubt as to why the lord would need to search for a cup....and couldn't they just buy another one....

The cast was so fired up. Maybe with Chris Sieber's last shows and all...everyone was on fire. And the guard scene was so good it hurt from laughing and then the tower scene with Herbert (Tom Deckman) and Lancelot (Rick Holmes) and the father (Chris Sieber) just built on that. Great performers that they are they took the great audience reaction and played off it.

Cute intermission moment...these two pretty young women were saying how hysterical the show was. They were clearly Python fans. One then said and Clay Aiken...he was so good.. And the other one said he's hilarious. He's so cute. And then she said how when she first heard about Clay being in the show she was like...oh no...but he was great. It was nice that not only were they impressed by the great job Clay was doing but they appeared somewhat impressed in the 'besotted' sense as well. Another false media impression conquered.

And if there was anyone in the industry who believed the false 'diva' nonsense about him - well that's gone. Clay has an incredible work ethic and his working through injury and illness and doing a fantastic job is letting people know Clay's strength and integrity. Clay is talented and handsome and sexy and good and decent man. And a whole lot of folks are seeing that.

Between the Aiken fog, only 5 hours of sleep in 3 days and a severe case of jetlag, I don't know if i have anything of merit to add to the recaps already posted. I couldn't be nearly as eloquent as some of you over here. But....here goes.

I arrived in NYC just after midnight 22 March after a 20 hour flight from Singapore. The matinee on Saturday was my first show. I arrived about an hour before the doors opened and immediately bumped into d4kkkks. When she found out I was from the Clayboard, she immediately offered to give me her extra ticket which were C102. I already had a ticket at C2 so I thanked her and told her perhaps it is better that she gave it to someone else who didn't have a ticket already. But she insisted and I'm glad she did. After 4 shows over Saturday and Sunday, sitting in various locations in the theater, I must say it is hands down, the best seat for Clay watching. And for being watched (by Clay) That story later.

I had read that Clay had hurt his hip but I was thankful he felt well enough to perform. I didn't notice any limp but I did see him wince when he was trying to get up from his knees after the bottle dance. And at various times when he was on the floor, kneeling or lying down, he looked to be alittle tentative when getting up. I don't think it was visible to the NJUs and I don't think I would have noticed it if i didn't know beforehand that he had an injury. The wince though, was quite visible. Our man was in pain.

This being my first show, everything was new to me though I had already read countless recaps since January 18. I LOVED IT. Loved everything about it. His accent was spot on. His comedic timing - flawless. And his dancing was knockem dead HOT!! When I saw him come out in the not dead yet scene, I think my jaw dropped. He looked absolutely hunky, studly and scrumptious. The man was good enough to eat. I think I said OMG under my breadth too many times to count. He is a sight to behold. At the end when Clay came out in his white suit, he looked gorgeous. The official pictures doesn't compare to the man live. My eyes followed him EVERYWHERE. And when he moved to the right of stage after singing the bit about finding his grail in musical theater, I found myself staring at his lovely white pants. When I looked up, I locked eyes with him. It was the briefest of moments but it was like it was going slo-mo and I found myself drowning in a heavenly sea of sparkling green. I immediately felt embarrassed. Embarrassed for staring at his pants (Sorry Clay). Embarrased for looking at him only and ignoring the rest of the action. I think I died and gone to heaven. It was a precious moment in time that I will cherish forever.

Oh and one other wonderful thing about being seated in C102 that night. The peasant award went to the lady in D101 and when the cast looked that way, d4kkkks said Clay looked our way as well. EEEEE! Thank you d4kkkks for insisting I take that seat. BTW, d4kkkks went to SRO to see if she could get a claymate to sit in my seat but finding none, offered it to a NJU. A pretty young lady. Don't know what she thought of Clay as we rushed out to SD as soon as the show ended.

I was too far back to get Clay to sign my playbill but I was standing near a group who was pushing and shoving when Clay stood near to sign. He immediately put his hands up, Jerome asked everyone to move one step back. Clay signed just a few more playbills, even imitating a claymate screaming after getting his autograph. But he didn't stay too long.

Saturday evening, and both shows on Sunday, as you know, Clay didn't come out. So I'm 0 for 4 at the stagedoor. I starting to think I'm cursed and will never get his autograph. This is not looking good for me. But more than that, it means that Clay is suffering and pain. He will always try to come out if he can. If he doesn't, he must be really hurting and that breaks my heart. I know he perform inspite of the pain because he didn't want to disappoint his fans. I don't know if he does the salute at the end for us fans, but I think it is his silent way of acknowledging our presence.

Today (Sunday 23 March) I had A1 - front row, first seat on the aisle and right below Clay when he comes pops out of the tower window. OMG. I had a wonderful view of his hands from that angle and it looked so soft and warm. I thought I saw him having alittle trouble getting the cut onto the hat just before starting the bottle dance, but I could be mistaken. His face was one of determination. He didn't wince this time but I didn't get a sense that he was 100 percent yet. During the scene with the Enchanter, Clay was right in front of me and had his back facing me. Just once, he reached his right hand back slightly, and discreetly and lightly, massaged his right hip. It lasted for like maybe 3 seconds.

During curtain call, it was Chris Sieber's night as this was his last night on Spamalot. But i did notice him give Clay a pat on the back after Clay took his bow. Clay wasn't smiling too much. He looked relieved.

Something else I noticed - when he is doing the company bow, he sticks his left leg slightly out, foot pointed upwards and bows slightly. Does he do that all the time or does he do that because he is hurting. So far all my shows have taken place after he injured himself so I'm not a good judge of what is his usual and what is not.

Overall I must say that this is a brilliant career move on Clay's part. He is his own best marketing tool. The man in unbeatable live. To see him is to love him and I know he has won over many NJUs because of Spamalot. And I know this will get them interested enough to buy his CD when it comes out. I dont know if it'll ever top the success of MOAM in terms of numbers but I feel it will definitely come close.

I saw Hotclay had put the CD cover picture on the outside of her handbag. Someone else had printed out the CD cover picture and put it on a white backing board for him to sign. Just looking at that photo is orgasmic. (am I allowed to say that word on this board?) I believe he will sell lots of CDs just by the cover picture alone. Just WOW!

I took some pictures but none of the quality of our clack goddesses so I shall not embarrass myself by posting it. Lastly I want to give a shout out to the lovely ladies I met - clayniac24 and clayharmony; 2 linda and 2 sandys and 2 alabama claymates, d4kkkks, diana and another lovely lady from the clackhouse (sorry I'm super bad at names) and all the other claymates I met who've been so kind and welcoming.

I hope I haven't bored you with the same ol'details.

Good Morning Everyone,

Did not have the best week-end; found out Saturday that my mother's younger sister passed away; she had been ill for sometime, so it was not a surprise. Talked to my cousin in Arizona for about an hour Saturday night just reminicising. Also had to take our bunny, Fluffy to the vet on Saturday because he was having some stomach issues and unfortunately, he died Sunday Morning. Not the best time to have your bunny pass away on Easter. So it was a rather somber day, cleaning out the cage, etc. On the upside, my daughter stopped by yesterday and dropped off her dog for a visit which is always fun for us, although Cinnamon is not to happy since the dog upsets her routine.

Glad to hear that Clay was able to do both shows yesterday, hope he really rests up today.

41 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

43 Days until "On My Way Here" is here!

98 Days until The Summer of Clay! :whoohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Just looking at that photo is orgasmic. (am I allowed to say that word on this board?)
Aww...this CMSU in a schmoopie way.... :cryingwlaughter: Obviously, this recapper's not from FCA! :cryingwlaughter:

{{{aikim}}}...so sorry for your family's loss...

Gibby, I'm SOOOOO hoping that Clay and the new Sir Galahad are able to create their own magic, you know. I'm really sorry that I won't have a chance to see Chris with Clay since everyone had such great things to say about how well they played off each other...but then again....these are all professionals we're talking about, including Clay Aiken! :wub:

Off to work for a half day more of :chores015: (I'll be the one in the middle) and :officework: although people can pile all they want on my desk today, 'coss (in the excited words (somewhat screwed around with) of King Arthur)

I'm going to Spamalot! :DoClay::lilredani: :headbangerf: :pimpsmily::needclay:

Just looking at that photo is orgasmic. (am I allowed to say that word on this board?)
Aww...this CMSU in a schmoopie way.... :cryingwlaughter: Obviously, this recapper's not from FCA! :cryingwlaughter:

Right, because then she might have said orgiastic, instead. heh

(((aikim)))

Have fun, muski!!!

Good morning, y'all. :)

Its Monday. Booooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

My boss is out today. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because of that, I was playing and lurking around and discovered that it is JennaZ's birthday!!

So...

:bday2: JennaZ!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Don't be such a stranger around her! I miss you!

Why is tomorrow today Monday? Why are weekends only two days? Wwwwhhhhyyyy????

If you find out, please let the rest of us know, liney! -_-

I'm sorry about your mother's sister and Fluffy, {{{aikim}}}.

Still loving all of the recaps! I hope the day off today does {{{Clay}}} & his hurting hip a world of good.

I'm SOOOOO hoping that Clay and the new Sir Galahad are able to create their own magic, you know. I'm really sorry that I won't have a chance to see Chris with Clay since everyone had such great things to say about how well they played off each other...but then again....these are all professionals we're talking about, including Clay Aiken! :wub:

:word:muski!

I'm going to Spamalot! :DoClay::lilredani: :headbangerf: :pimpsmily::needclay:

Gee, are you excited at all? :P Have FUN!!!

:bday: JennaZ!

Gibby, I'm SOOOOO hoping that Clay and the new Sir Galahad are able to create their own magic, you know. I'm really sorry that I won't have a chance to see Chris with Clay since everyone had such great things to say about how well they played off each other...but then again....these are all professionals we're talking about, including Clay Aiken! :wub:

I'm with ya on that, Muski! But I believe that the new Sir Galahad has played that part in the traveling version of Spamalot, so at least he's not new to the role. Only new to working with this cast. That will help!

*HUGS* for Aikim.

Happy Anniversary to kf!

And Happy Birthday to Jenna!

I've gotta get my rear in gear! I need to finish packing, get my daughters to pack, and take them to my Mom's house. My Mom's birthday gift to me this year is to take care of my daughters for the week while hubby and I are in New York. A pretty wonderful gift, if you ask me!

Happy Monday FCA. Mine got off to a bang start.... spent 30 minutes looking for my glasses this morning. Not easy to do when you can't see. :cryingwlaughter:

Don't you just hate that! :cryingwlaughter: Been there, done that.

{{{aikim}}}

Nice day here, too. Sun is shining, although it's a chilly -6 Celsius. But more snow in the forecast tomorrow.....UGH!

Hope goldarngirl and FromClaygary are safely on their way home today, with no flight delays or cancellations. Looking forward to their recaps!

ETA: Happy Birthday, JennaZ!