#28: The man's a joy magnet!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. WEEEEEEEEEE How many mods does it take to put up a new thread title...and which one do you want?

• Winning people over all the time
    • More kool-aid for me, please.
    • WHERE'S THE SMUT???!!!!!
    • ....having a verra verra good time!
    • Things are progressing!
    • Hannah is My Hero
    • Be warned. He's quite lethally cute!
    • My pocket book is groaning but I'm happy. Sigh.
    • songs chosen by Clay
    • EEEEEEEEEEEE!!! It's really happening!
    • he's teasing us, ya'll!
    • Put the kiddies to bed; this is gonna get good.
    • Holy mother of GUH!!!!!!!
    • I don't give a s**t what Clay chooses to sing on his CD. It's his choice. I'm happy with that.
    • Did you know GUH was not an acceptable scrabble word?
    • He sings, he dances?he drinks tap water?
    • in my mind I will cheerfully add "all the way to the bank".
    • I'm just happy happy. What else can I say? shrug.gif Thanks fer the koolaid?

ET picked it up woth All is Well photo - this is where I wonder if the contantly changing looks isa negative impact on Clayh's sales - like people don't recognize him. I understand wanting to get rid of the overprocessed Ai hair, if he didn't want to go bald, The bangs were cute, but killer for the summer concerts - hope some hair ticks some day.

You know play, I've wondered how the different looks would influence Clay as well, but then when I see Brad Pitt, he looks different constantly. of course that's probably comparing apples and oranges since Brad does not have a singing career. Don't know.

After seeing the constantly changing CD covers, I had the same thought as well. I wonder if people get confused by his looks. I know my husband has said those kinds of things to me -- he's seen a few episodes of AIR with me, and I've had to tell him that Clay is now blonde. OTOH....

I remember reading somewhere that changing looks was one of the keys to superstardom. I'm too lazy to try to find it now.

That's a very good point. See: Madonna. Talk about someone who reinvents herself every few years. If you find that article jmh, I would definitely be interested in that!

Gibby -- I have a feeling I won't be seeing you this weekend. :cry4: But I know I'll be seeing muski, I just hope I can see treenuts as well! EEEEEEE!

CG, thank you for bringing that blurb over from the CH regarding the "buzz" on Clay in the Broadway world. That was very neato-keeno to read!

merrieeee -- I wish variety shows were "cool" to the media, because I do truly think that Clay's talent would so fit the variety show format. I wish more people could see how multi-talented he is, and I think that would be the perfect vehicle for that. Someday, I hope....

I do think Clay really has his favorite style of hair right now. If you look at that old AMA shot (and yes, even some of the Snowflake shots) and compare them to now, the color is different, but the style and length is pretty much the same. I remember him saying that he hated the bangs in his eyes, but I think he likes the length. I think sometimes he goes too long between trims and the length gets away from him...like in the Snowflake shots...but I think what we're seeing now is 'him.'

eta...well that was a whole lot of talking just to say I think Clay likes his hair, wasn't it? I'm going to get another cup of coffee.

BWAH!! And yeah....this hair (style wise at least) seems to be Clay. Or at least Clay at this moment. Tomorrow will probably be different!

EEEEEEEEEE! Well, if the Insider and ET are both reporting that he is set to go out on tour, can we believe it yet? :lol: I'm always nervous until we hear it from the man himself!

I remember reading somewhere that changing looks was one of the keys to superstardom. I'm too lazy to try to find it now.

I understand the concerns about Clay's look, but I've heard this "change is good" mantra, too. I think they call it "reinventing oneself" and the first time I ever heard the expression was about Madonna's ever-changing "looks" back in the day.

Ooh, luckiest, not a new photo, a new INTERVIEW. Cool! I have no clue how to rip shockwave videos. I bet someone will do that soon, though. He looked CUTE! :)

People are probably still using the old pictures because they haven't received the new ones yet.

I think the changing looks make Clay interesting. I doubt people buy a CD based on the picture rather than the name, though, so I don't think there's much to worry about.

Gibby -- I have a feeling I won't be seeing you this weekend. :cry4: But I know I'll be seeing muski, I just hope I can see treenuts as well! EEEEEEE!

***Sniff*** You'll be seeing me too, but I guess I'm not important.....

**Walks off and pouts, feeling inadequate....**

Oooo that picture is definitly drool worthy, luckiest ....gaaahhh

Great little piece! I hope we get an actual "video" this time. Kipper could put a really hawt one together I'm bettin'. Thanks for posting that, play!

My Oh NO moment for the day.....Not the GREEN SWEATER, Clay!!? jeezzz

Ok, I'm done. sorry

I don't know if "can't win" is what I would call it. It's Clay! There will always be 20,000 opinions about everything he does, is, says etc. I'm trying to think of one thing where we were all in unison about anything.... Spamalot being a great career move might be one of the first. There may be one or two other things in the past 5 years -- can't think of what they are at the moment. Anyone? Anyway, I love that diversity about the fan base. I would say snowflake hair was one of those consensus things but then we do have merrieeeee pouring cold water on that one :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Howsabout the AI5 Finale? Becoming a UNICEF ambassador?

S'all I got.

{{{couchie}}}

It's the "Reinventing yourself" syndrome....or what ladyj wrote.

:cry4::cry4::cry4:

Didn't Sedaka write a pretty little diddy about walkin in the rain with the one I love? Anyway, a nice con-nec-shun.

I am going to bring an umbrella and y'all are welcome to gather under it with me. Maybe that way I'll be sure to meet up with some of you!

You too Claygasm hee :F_05BL17blowkiss: Gibby, I'm sorry I will miss you!!

EEEEEEEEEEE Only 3 more sleeps

Is this one you mean? Sorry, but this is as big as I can get it.

NM....Yeah, 00lsee! I'm glad someone else was able to post it properly. Mine simply doesn't do the BIG MAN justice :(

Holy........ :Thud:

That picture apparently came from the Popeater site, but it has since been removed. Maybe they jumped the gun?

ETA: According to hosaa at CV (via CH), about Eric Ogden:

He did the NAT tourbook, calendar, and the MCWL album and tourbook. He also did the famous "bathroom" shoot!

***Sniff*** You'll be seeing me too, but I guess I'm not important.....

**Walks off and pouts, feeling inadequate....**

Aw CG, I'm sorry....I was just thinking about the people I could possibly see on Friday. Sunday is two days later, and my mind is working really screwy at the moment....

Hee, I saw the interview on AOL, but there is also a new photo. Does this work?

http://artquest.smugmug.com/photos/270400070_tqNbM-S.png

Um....yeah...

New banner is beautiful (IM), and courtesy of 00lsee!